Author Topic: TEX - Shinobi : 7-Row mechanical keyboard with TrackPoint  (Read 20865 times)

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
TEX - Shinobi : 7-Row mechanical keyboard with TrackPoint
« on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 09:04:23 »
Hello all ,

I'm Justin @ TEX

This is our new keyboard , ThinkPad classic layout : 7-Row keyboard , but use mechanical switch and with new TrackPoint module

DSC01748 by bullock wu, 於 Flickr

https://dream.tex-design.com.tw/products/shinobi?variant=16969883648090

We build Yoda / Yoda II before , that's 60% size and they price is really high , but I do want make ThinkPad traditional layout ( 7-row ) , so I make Kodachi first .
but , Kodachi we can say that is prototype , it's not real 7-row layout , still a little different .

After Kodachi , we re-design the keycap , if we want make real 7-row layout , so we need smaller keycap , smaller than standard (1X1)
so ... we make new Mini ADA Keycap  ( I wrote a blog for this keycap : https://dream.tex-design.com.tw/blogs/akira-project/small-keycap-big-change )

It's a small keycap , but big change !
and we have new trackpoint module ( different with Yoda / Yoda 2 ) ,  more durable  !!

and we add BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy , BT 4.0) upgrade kits , you can add this upgrade kits change keyboard from cable to wireless .

We know some guys like use their own switches , so we release DIY kits ( support US-ASCII / EU-ISO / JIS layout )

About our timeline : https://dream.tex-design.com.tw/pages/time-line

Keyboard feature :

1. Cherry MX1A switch type , Cherry MX1A-Low profile ( only in mouse 3 button )
2. Separate cable : USB A to USB Type-C
3. Programmable by web configurator ( same as Yoda2 / Kodachi )
4. With ABS keycap - laser engrave
5. Keycap profile : TEX ADA profile & mini ADA profile ( photo link : https://www.flickr.com/photos/jewu8210/albums/72157708511471994
)
6. Plastic case top / bottom

For DIY kits

1. PCBA & Metal support US/EU/JIS layout
2. Keycap support : Non-print / print ( user choose )
3. Switches type : Cherry MX1A type , need to be soldering
4. Include plastic case ( top / bottom ) ,

Assembly just like Shinobi

It's pre-order now , we will ship in 2019-DEC !!

If you guys have any question, send message to me in FB ( https://www.facebook.com/TEX-Electronics-Co-Ltd-472792412756463/
)

Thanks all :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 09:16:24 by justin.wu »
make different

Offline equalunique

Re: TEX - Shinobi : 7-Row mechanical keyboard with TrackPoint
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 July 2019, 10:11:37 »
I am very, very excited for this. Usually I lean towards ergo/ortho boards, but this board has a set of features that's hard to beat. Integrated pointing device & programmability mean a lot to me. These features in the Tex Yoda II I have have been great, but I appreciate a newly upgraded trackpoint module. I'm a little bummed out that I won't be able to use so many custom keycaps with this, but I'm still excited about it overall. It's a big relief for me that a kit version is available, because most likely I'll be looking at modified switches for it.

So I just purchased one of each:
  • DIY Kit
  • US Keycaps
  • Blank Keycaps
  • Bluetooth Upgrade

Thank you again so so much for offering this. The Kodachi was a beautiful design & I am glad it lives on in the Shinobi.
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 10:14:36 by equalunique »

Offline justin.wu

• * Commercial Vendor
  • Less is more
    • TEX
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 20:23:43 »
Thank you !!!!!!!!
make different

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 July 2019, 11:08:27 »
Does the DIY kit come with the plastic case? If not, how to buy the case?

Offline hohai1505

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 23:46:46 »
thanks u

Offline phedd

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:32:00 »
I really like it. One question though, how does the "ISO-Nordic layout" look like? I really hope not a mess of Danish, Swedish and Norwegian legends all jammed on one key like so many others https://i.redd.it/gf3mk2ahk0l21.jpg). That really negates the premium feel and looks... well, just awful.

One layout for Sweden/Finland and one for Norway/Denmark is much better. That's just two more caps to make it possible.

Instead of these caps: "Å", "Ä Ø Æ" and "Ö Æ Ø" - just make "Å", "Ä", "Ö", "Ø", "Æ". Two more caps. Denmark and Norway have Æ and Ø in different positions but on the same row so they are interchangable.  And Finland uses the Swedish layout. So if not making two extra keys are possible - I'm sure most Nordic people would say "just go with the Swedish layout". That's what most people are used to, second to the "mess layout" with everything jammed in there.

Bad, makes everyone wanna switch their caps:  https://i.redd.it/gf3mk2ahk0l21.jpg
Ahh, perfect: https://www.keyboardco.com/product-images/swedish_topre_realforce_88U_45g_black_on_beige_keyboard_large.jpg
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:34:41 by phedd »

Offline Toby07

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 01:23:01 »
These features in the Tex Yoda II I have have been great, but I appreciate a newly upgraded trackpoint module. I'm a little bummed out that I won't be able to use so many custom keycaps with this, but I'm still excited about it overall. It's a big relief for me that a kit version is available, because most likely I'll be looking at modified switches for it.

Offline guptaji

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 01:51:15 »
Trackpoint module is super dope....

Thank you!!!!

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 14:49:44 »
qq - will any normal stabilizers work with the DIY kit and are any included?
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 07 September 2019, 15:38:45 »
Does the DIY kit come with the plastic case? If not, how to buy the case?

I'm wondering that same thing -- I doesn't look like it?

Just kidding. I can't read. It's included but not picture.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2019, 15:41:11 by _rubik »
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline equalunique

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 12:20:48 »
Will the Bluetooth upgrade support pairing with multiple devices simultaneously? For example, both the Filco Majestouch Convertible and the Vortex Tab series keyboards all can connect to 4 devices at once. There are hot keys to switch between the devices. Being able to do that with a TrackPoint keyboard would be AMAZING.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 11:08:03 »
Just discovered this. Looks awesome.

Offline Warm Woolly Sheep

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 12:40:02 »
Placing an order now, hoping to replace my endurapro pointing-stick keyboard with some n-key rollover!

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 08:50:57 »
I'm tempted by this but the layout is a bit odd, to say the least. I don't need most of the keys in the top section, and some of them are useless on a Mac computer. But since they are nonstandard sizes, I can't swap out for another keyset.

That said, the BLE add on is really what makes this shine. I have a Yoda II that I would love to be able to use without a cable. I wonder if the BLE module is compatible with Yoda? (Incidentally, the Yoda is nowhere to be seen on the Tex website... which is too bad because it's a great option for people who like 60%.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 19:15:32 »
Ordered one, really stoked! will def so a little build log

Offline typo

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 23:21:52 »
This is Korean?

Ahh, Japanese. Very nice. Price is great. Delivery in a year LOL. I shall pass.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2020, 23:25:45 by typo »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 12:21:46 »
Ordered one, really stoked! will def so a little build log

Cool. I'll be interested to see how that goes.

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 22:51:25 »
Ahh, Japanese. Very nice. Price is great. Delivery in a year LOL. I shall pass.
Where did you see that?  Not sure what the latest update is - it was delayed anyway and obviously we cant expect anything to be on time with whats going on now however I don't recall delivery being communicated as a year from now (though that may be what happens).
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline typo

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 23:37:13 »
As I understood he has a graphical timeline on the website. You know what though, I think I might be an idiot though. It may have said 2020 and not 2021. I am terminally ill and was not feeling good. So I apologize if I gave misinformation. Someone just go look please. BTW, I by no means seek pity just stating why I may have made a mistake. If it is 2020 I am getting one. For Japan the price is too good. I wish I had his other one. Just like all of you I can only type on one at a time. I collect keyboards. Not to be a jerk but I think I have a nice collection. I also think this would be a befitting addition.

Offline Twsts

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 00:06:12 »
Last I heard from Tex was that the assembly is going to finish this week, and my preorder will be delivered right after  :thumb:

They also provided links to some updated photos;
Final version :
https://flickr.com/photos/22569576@N02/sets/72157713696828026

DIY version :
https://flickr.com/photos/22569576@N02/sets/72157713788770748

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 09:10:14 »
FYI - they sent an email last night - things are delayed (which is to be expected given how crazy the world is right now).

My mail might be customized or this might be a generic message:
TEX SHINOBI will be delivery in early May to middle May , base on your order number .

Offline pkamb

• http://www.staylimber.com/
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 19:24:44 »
Has anyone heard discussion of Dvorak keycaps for this? Specifically the FGHJB keys and Dvorak equivalents that need the Trackpoint cutouts and nubs.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 17:08:19 »
My DIY kit will be here in on Tuesday! Hope I have enough time to put it together after work, will def share

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 18:35:10 »
My DIY kit will be here in on Tuesday! Hope I have enough time to put it together after work, will def share

Cool. That should be interesting to see.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 18:20:32 »
Alright so I got mine all built and I'm really impressed with how well it works out of the box. The trackpoint is stupid good and just works, it's precise and barely needed any fidgeting on my end. The build itself was pretty easy, and it came partially assembled. I kinda messed up by not unscrewing the pcb from the plate to see what was going on before I soldered everything, so sorry about that. Onto my crummy build-ish guide, tho the one on TEX's site is generally good enough and the board was honestly one of the easiest I've done so far in the hobby, it's really straightforward.

I got the DIY kit without switches since I was gonna go with Ergo Clears, which I lubed with 205g0 and filmed. The box came with all the hardware, four cherry lowpro switches for the mouse keys along with some o-rings, two trackpoint nubs, all the caps needed, and a usb-c cable which I seem to never have enough of. You get a sticker for the back of it, I believe there for four different ones? idk, was pretty cool so I slapped that on. The board itself has the stabilizers already attached to the plate, which aren't honestly the best. I lubed them up real good and used some paper to hold them into the plate tighter. I'm a little bummed it's going to be difficult to find better ones for the spacebar, but you do what you can with these and they'll be passable.

Here's the back of the pcb. You'll have to unscrew the three screws too loose the trackpoint in order to get the switches in there, and the little jigger connecting the trackpoint to the pcb comes off like so just by pulling the tab up, doing this allows you to solder everything in without it getting in the way. I was never worried about it breaking whenever I moved it around a bunch so that was nice. I used plate mount cherry clears, and I would go as far as to recommend using pcb mount. The switches jiggled around in the plate a little bit, but nothing that couldn't be fixed during soldering. Using pcb mount switches would just make them more snug before solder.

Here's everything put in it. Using a tealios with cherry top for the spacebar. The three cherry lowpros for the mouse buttons are... okay. I really kinda wish they went with kailh choc, but I assume it would be difficult to mold keycaps for them. I'm not a huge fan of only being able to use linear for them, so maybe cherry will make a clicky variant someday. After soldering it all together, you screw down the plate+pcb into the back plastic piece, then screw the top plastic piece into the bottom. This used 14 screws which I think is way overkill, especially considering the plate and pcb are screwed together, but it is really solid. Knock on the side and there is no hollow sound whatsoever.

Here it is all done. Got the little IBM badge off ebay. Been typing and doing a bit of work on it for a few hours and it just works so well. I can't stress how phenomenal this trackpoint is. It works just like how it should, holding down the middle key and using the trackpoint scrolls and the whole shebang, right out of the box. I haven't had to mess with the dipswitches at all yet except to switch around some of the bottom row keys, there are a few options to make the middle mouse key act as FN but I don't really want/need it. TEX even has a little online keymapping editor that was super simple to do, no need to flash, just flip a switch and throw the .txt into it.

The board is decently heavy thanks to the steel plate, comes to a little over 2 pounds. I really super like how the keycaps are. I haven't used tex ada before, but I'm already liking them more than dsa. It's pretty killer how these come with the DIY kit. I think I'll consider getting blanks in the future since these will eventually wear down from being laser etched. Here's a little sound test. and here's a little fun knock test. The feeling of the board is fine. I've been to meetups so I kinda knew how this would feel going into it, which is why I chose some tactiles, the steel plate would have made linears a little too stiff tho those are what I usually go for. The little rising feet on the back are a bit crummy, they just kinda snap into place and wobble around so I end up not using them (that and they make the keyboard way too high for me.) I'm gonna try throwing some foam/shelf liner inside to see if it'll help sound at all in the future. Overall I really like it. This thing would be a workhouse for a server rack especially considering it has a bluetooth module as well, but I have enough fun using it at home!

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions or want me to fidget around with it, let me know!
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 May 2020, 18:25:41 by Kokaloo »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 22:32:04 »
Alright so I got mine all built and I'm really impressed with how well it works out of the box. The trackpoint is stupid good and just works, it's precise and barely needed any fidgeting on my end. The build itself was pretty easy, and it came partially assembled. I kinda messed up by not unscrewing the pcb from the plate to see what was going on before I soldered everything, so sorry about that. Onto my crummy build-ish guide, tho the one on TEX's site is generally good enough and the board was honestly one of the easiest I've done so far in the hobby, it's really straightforward.

I got the DIY kit without switches since I was gonna go with Ergo Clears, which I lubed with 205g0 and filmed. The box came with all the hardware, four cherry lowpro switches for the mouse keys along with some o-rings, two trackpoint nubs, all the caps needed, and a usb-c cable which I seem to never have enough of. You get a sticker for the back of it, I believe there for four different ones? idk, was pretty cool so I slapped that on. The board itself has the stabilizers already attached to the plate, which aren't honestly the best. I lubed them up real good and used some paper to hold them into the plate tighter. I'm a little bummed it's going to be difficult to find better ones for the spacebar, but you do what you can with these and they'll be passable.

Here's the back of the pcb. You'll have to unscrew the three screws too loose the trackpoint in order to get the switches in there, and the little jigger connecting the trackpoint to the pcb comes off like so just by pulling the tab up, doing this allows you to solder everything in without it getting in the way. I was never worried about it breaking whenever I moved it around a bunch so that was nice. I used plate mount cherry clears, and I would go as far as to recommend using pcb mount. The switches jiggled around in the plate a little bit, but nothing that couldn't be fixed during soldering. Using pcb mount switches would just make them more snug before solder.

Here's everything put in it. Using a tealios with cherry top for the spacebar. The three cherry lowpros for the mouse buttons are... okay. I really kinda wish they went with kailh choc, but I assume it would be difficult to mold keycaps for them. I'm not a huge fan of only being able to use linear for them, so maybe cherry will make a clicky variant someday. After soldering it all together, you screw down the plate+pcb into the back plastic piece, then screw the top plastic piece into the bottom. This used 14 screws which I think is way overkill, especially considering the plate and pcb are screwed together, but it is really solid. Knock on the side and there is no hollow sound whatsoever.

Here it is all done. Got the little IBM badge off ebay. Been typing and doing a bit of work on it for a few hours and it just works so well. I can't stress how phenomenal this trackpoint is. It works just like how it should, holding down the middle key and using the trackpoint scrolls and the whole shebang, right out of the box. I haven't had to mess with the dipswitches at all yet except to switch around some of the bottom row keys, there are a few options to make the middle mouse key act as FN but I don't really want/need it. TEX even has a little online keymapping editor that was super simple to do, no need to flash, just flip a switch and throw the .txt into it.

The board is decently heavy thanks to the steel plate, comes to a little over 2 pounds. I really super like how the keycaps are. I haven't used tex ada before, but I'm already liking them more than dsa. It's pretty killer how these come with the DIY kit. I think I'll consider getting blanks in the future since these will eventually wear down from being laser etched. Here's a little sound test. and here's a little fun knock test. The feeling of the board is fine. I've been to meetups so I kinda knew how this would feel going into it, which is why I chose some tactiles, the steel plate would have made linears a little too stiff tho those are what I usually go for. The little rising feet on the back are a bit crummy, they just kinda snap into place and wobble around so I end up not using them (that and they make the keyboard way too high for me.) I'm gonna try throwing some foam/shelf liner inside to see if it'll help sound at all in the future. Overall I really like it. This thing would be a workhouse for a server rack especially considering it has a bluetooth module as well, but I have enough fun using it at home!

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions or want me to fidget around with it, let me know!

Awesome little review. Thanks for sharing. The fact that the mouse buttons are low profile switches temps me to get one of these even more. I thought the same about chocs, just with click bars for me. lol. I honestly wouldn't even mind just using whatever random caps I could find that would fit.

That IBM badge is a great touch. How are those awesome-looking caps on thickness? Got any pictures?

I assume that the seemingly random SATA connectors on the edge of the board are for the bluetooth module?

Offline Benillim1

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 21:12:27 »
Hey guys! I'm new to Geekhack, but I recently copped this board from MK.com and have really been enjoying it. I've uploaded a review of the board for anyone who is want to find out a little bit more about it.

Overall I really like the feel of the clears, though I'm not quite used to the actuation force yet. They are a lot different from the HHKB I'm trying out as well, which feel super light (almost, dare I say, linear-esque??), when compared to the clears.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 03:10:57 »
Ooh! Thanks for that! I was hoping to see it in use soon!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 17:23:56 »
Yeah, these look great. Stop tempting me. I already want it more than I should.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 20 March 2022, 14:24:56 »
Hi all. This thread is somewhat old but i just want to leave a comment because i actually got one lately.

I got it US ANSI Layout with MX Clear. It's very good, much better than i expected. I was unsure at first because of the high price, but the build quality absolutely matches the pricing.

Because i have been running several ThinkPads the keyboard had no learning curve, i am used to the layout. Spherical keycaps are great, i really do feel like the cavity helps orienting the press and helps avoiding ghosting and mistypes.

In general i am satisfied.

The only real issue i have with the board is that i got used to PgUp and PgDn above left and right arrow key respectively on the T540p Layout and on the Shinobi these are replaced by random previous and forward keys which are of absolute no use other than breaking the browsing experience when i click them by reflex -_-. I unlearned using these because it was hell at first, and i have not seen any ThinkPad model with these?

Anyways, it would be best to add a dip switch to swap those for PgUp/PgDn instead.

This is my only negative point about the keyboard. Other than that the added mouse device with the board is a real pleasure.

That is all. Great job and take care.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline livewirerc

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 23 March 2022, 16:33:38 »
That is the style of the keyboard the Shinobi is emulating. I had an old T420, and it has a page forward/page backward button around the arrow keys similar to the Shinobi:

https://www.amazon.com/Tellus-Remarketing-Compatible-Lenovo-Keyboard/dp/B07GXQWSRS/

The pg up/pg down keys come from the keyboard released after this, from the x30 models on up.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 24 March 2022, 03:29:15 »
That is the style of the keyboard the Shinobi is emulating. I had an old T420, and it has a page forward/page backward button around the arrow keys similar to the Shinobi:

https://www.amazon.com/Tellus-Remarketing-Compatible-Lenovo-Keyboard/dp/B07GXQWSRS/

The pg up/pg down keys come from the keyboard released after this, from the x30 models on up.

I also had a T420. It's been so long that i didn't remember about these forward/back pages button. if i do not remember these at all, means i probably didn't use them much.

I can absolutely tell you right now that pgup/pgdn is the right way to go in regards to designing a keyboard. it is a lot more useful than anywhere else on a keyboard where nobody ever uses them because they are too far away from the keys you hover the most around.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 09:31:28 »
I had these back-forward buttons on my IBM-era ThinkPad and used them all the time! Would rather have these than a redundant PgUp/PgDn for sure.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 27 March 2022, 22:34:08 »
This sounds very exciting—but isn't there another section of the forum where commercial project announcements like this are supposed to go?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 27 March 2022, 23:44:27 »
I had these back-forward buttons on my IBM-era ThinkPad and used them all the time! Would rather have these than a redundant PgUp/PgDn for sure.

I'd say the problem with switching layouts at every iterations in the same series is that whenever your user picks up the line then he'll get used to the scheme on the board without ever really trying the other ones.

pgup/pgdn allows me to private message people easily in a game i play, while forward/back are useless to me >< but that's because i never really learned to involve these in my daily use.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline basher

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 13:22:15 »
Does Shinobi DIY kit (with hotswappable sockets) accept 5-pin switches?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 23 October 2022, 19:42:31 »
Does Shinobi DIY kit (with hotswappable sockets) accept 5-pin switches?
Looking at this pic of the PCB you can see a small hole either side of the big one for each switch - that's a yes :thumb:

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline basher

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 05:54:55 »
Looking at this pic of the PCB you can see a small hole either side of the big one for each switch - that's a yes :thumb:

Do the holes on PCB guarantee that the hot-swap sockets that come with the board also have them?
Edit: ah your picture actually includes the sockets so it's all good. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 October 2022, 05:57:49 by basher »

Offline basher

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 30 October 2022, 12:53:56 »
FYI for others who are considering ordering it with the BLE module: apparently the BLE 5.0 kit fits Shinobi as well, and will be (fully) supported sometime in the future after firmware update is released.
This info originates from my correspondence with TEX customer support.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 November 2022, 04:55:22 by basher »