Author Topic: Feb Matias_Mini_QP PC is all gone. Now it's March,April,May,June -> July :-(  (Read 6951 times)

Offline BucklingSpring

Even for the pre-ordrers  :-[

@Matias - Are we still on target to February arrival?

EDIT: Barbara said by end of March. bouhouhohhohohou
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:03:44 by BucklingSpring »
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Where is the February batch of Matias_Mini_Quiet_Pro_for_PC
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 16:24:49 »
Last I heard it's going to get shipped out late February.  So I'd assume you'd get it either this coming week or the week after  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 16:46:09 »
Thanks!

Too bad it was such a big week at work. I wish I had time to go to the Toronto meet-up.
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 18:15:57 »
I think I'm going to cry... Good for you Matias. but Dammit!

Thank you for pre-ordering one of our new Matias mini mechanical
keyboards. As a pre-order customer, you are entitled to FREE shipping, and
will be one of the first in the world to get one of these keyboards.

There has been overwhelming demand for this product, and pre-orders   have
far exceeded our anticipated numbers -- our first production run   was
completely sold out!

We had hoped that all pre-orders would be shipped by the end of this
month, but due to the high demand, most of the pre-orders have to be
fulfilled from our second production run, which will be shipping by   the
end of March.

We apologize for the delay. Your particular order will be shipped   before
the end of March.

We appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
Barbara
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

Warning - Strong language - Not for young viewers.

What MacGruber will do to get a Matias Mini QP  :eek:
[/s]
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 19:07:44 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Hyde

Warning - Strong language - Not for young viewers.

What MacGruber will do to get a Matias Mini QP  :eek:
[/s]

LOLLLLLLLLLLL I don't think that will work in this situation.

Though if you came to the tour you could've played with the Mini Quiet Pro  :P

As for now just stare at the pictures from the Off Topic Forum lol.

EDIT:  Wait I remember you already has a full size Quiet Pro right?  Then it shouldn't be thattttt badddddddd, you've tried the switch already lol.
« Last Edit: Fri, 22 February 2013, 23:29:42 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline BucklingSpring

EDIT:  Wait I remember you already has a full size Quiet Pro right?  Then it shouldn't be thattttt badddddddd, you've tried the switch already lol.

Right - That full size QP is my daily driver at the office. I just want to type on these switches even when I'm not working.

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Popular board....

Offline Hyde

Yeah they say it's been super popular since it came out, I'm typing on one now actually lol.

Also PC Tactile Pro is in the works too, but won't come up till end of this year  :(

I wonder what color it will be, they're running out of color combinations LOL.

EDIT:  Ops I realize I might have worded it wrong, I mean I'm typing on the regular Quiet Pro.  That one apparently is super popular too keep selling out every batch.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 February 2013, 21:05:38 by Hyde »

Offline ValerieV

I know i read that they are coming out with a Bluetooth tactile keyboard for both PC and Mac. That is the one that i really want, but right now i am going to have to settle on the mini tactile for mac. I can't wait to get my hands on it. You're lucky!

Offline sameer.wahid

Anyone else get theirs recently? Ordered a mini tactile pro in early Feb, but still waiting.

Offline sameer.wahid

Bump - just wondering if any of them have arrived yet. 

Offline Rule16

• R.I.P. SmallFry
If only they had PS/2... :(
| KB Paradise V60 Maias Quiet Click | Realforce 55gram 87U | MiniTouch (Ivory Hua-Jie) | Poker II | IBM Model F | Unicomp Ultraclassic | Dell AT101W (Black Alps) | WASD Code (Clear) |
Dvorak Only Zone

Offline ValerieV

I haven't heard anything from Matias and even though they first promised me i would get it in mid February, they then changed it to mid March. They even said i wouldn't get it past late March. Guess what? It's almost late March. If i don't get it by April 1st, I will cancel the order. It isn't worth it.

Offline iri

Bump - just wondering if any of them have arrived yet.
waiting since january the 9th.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sameer.wahid

I haven't heard anything from Matias and even though they first promised me i would get it in mid February, they then changed it to mid March. They even said i wouldn't get it past late March. Guess what? It's almost late March. If i don't get it by April 1st, I will cancel the order. It isn't worth it.
waiting since january the 9th.

Their communication leaves a lot to be desired. If there's going to be a 2-3 month delay, just tell us. Otherwise you just have frustrated customers (whose credit cards have already been billed, to boot).

Offline ValerieV

That's what bugs me the most. Amazon doesn't charge until after they ship an item. Matias takes your money and then doesn't even ship you the item. This poor customer support is unusual for Matias. Usually they are really good.  :eek:

Offline sameer.wahid

Their website just got changed, it's now "delivery in May".

Offline uzoc

P.S. I was told that any returns could be made to the US (now I see a Canada address). That sucks!
I need it at $100, so I can get it reimbursed from work.

Offline iri

i was going to cancel my order today and then SUDDENLY delivery boy knocked the door. i received no shipment notice prior to delivery.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sameer.wahid

iri, which one did you get? Was it worth the wait?

Offline iri

a mini quiet pro for pc. no.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yester64

I am not decided yet... what would help me is this... to what do the switches compare, like to cherry switches.. are they like browns maybe?
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline Hyde

In short, Tactile Pro is like a louder clickier and stiffer MX Blue.  Quiet Pro is kind of like a really thin o-ring super tactile MX Brown.  Some even say Quiet Pro feels like MX Clear but I've never tried MX Clear so I can't confirm that.

Obviously this is a bit generalization but this should give you some idea  :P

Offline iri

quiet pro feels exactly like a crisprier rubber dome with spring underneath. and the board's quality is rubbish. switches are inconsistent. they feel very different when center pressed, off-center pressed, pressed in different sides, etc. and the switches themselves feel different. and the keycaps aren't even.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sameer.wahid

wow, that's very disappointing to hear. I wonder if these issues (production problems?) are tied to the numerous delays they've been having.

Offline Canut

quiet pro feels exactly like a crisprier rubber dome with spring underneath. and the board's quality is rubbish. switches are inconsistent. they feel very different when center pressed, off-center pressed, pressed in different sides, etc. and the switches themselves feel different. and the keycaps aren't even.

Thank you.
That makes my buying decision easier. But pretty disappointing.
 :(

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...

Thank you.
That makes my buying decision easier. But pretty disappointing.
 :(

Don't let one person's bad reaction discourage you. Wait for other people's reactions. Plus, from what I hear, Matias has a pretty good reputation. If a new KMAC were to come out, and I were to say it was complete rubbish and tell people not to buy it, how many people would believe me?
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline uzoc

I would definitely try it. If you are in the US, my criteria is:
- Available from the US (and returnable to the US)?
- No restocking fees?

My more particular criterias:
- $99.99 or less? (I get refunded by my company, so I'll probably keep it/sell it).
- Sold by Amazon/shipped by Amazon? (best no hassle return policy).

Offline ValerieV

I called Matias today to voice my complaint about not getting the keyboard. Whomever i spoke with was extremely nice and professional. However, he now says it won't be until May! Not happy but there is nothing i can do. I wish they made it clear what was going on with this website. They have a forum and they ignored us. If i didn't call i would have thought i was going to be getting the keyboard in March like they promised.  :mad:

Offline polpo

• http://polpo.org/
ValerieV: If you're tired of waiting, it looks like MechanicalKeyboards has stock of the Mac Tactile Mini: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=289
That's what you ordered, right?
Matias Mini Quiet Pro / DSI SMK-88 (Cherry Black) / IBM Model M (10 Jul 86) / ThinkPad Travel Keyboard with Ultranav

Offline yester64

Personally i am settled to brown cherries now. Red comes close. So if these switches on the matias board are somewhat similar to this it maybe worth a try for me. Other than that no. I can't stand clicky anymore. I really tried and bought a WASD keyboard with blue switches and even with the rubber its hurting my ears. I thought i could handle it, but obviously not.
Rosewill RK-9000BR (trashed)
WASD V1 Keyboard Cherry Blue w/40A Hardness O-Rings
Steelseries 6GV2 Red Cherry Switches

Offline ValerieV

ValerieV: If you're tired of waiting, it looks like MechanicalKeyboards has stock of the Mac Tactile Mini: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=289
That's what you ordered, right?

Thank you! Yes it is what i ordered. I appreciate the heads up.  :-*
I just ordered mine and will get it by Friday. I emailed Matias and told them to cancel my order and refund me my money.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 March 2013, 22:22:28 by ValerieV »

Offline iri

Personally i am settled to brown cherries now. Red comes close. So if these switches on the matias board are somewhat similar to this it maybe worth a try for me. Other than that no. I can't stand clicky anymore. I really tried and bought a WASD keyboard with blue switches and even with the rubber its hurting my ears. I thought i could handle it, but obviously not.
matias quiet switches are nothing like cherry. i described the feeling on previous page. mainly tactility and actuation point are higher than of cherry mx. plus matias dampened cream alps' tactlity feels "grittier" and less consistent than of, say, cherry clears.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 04:45:00 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sameer.wahid

ValerieV, please let us know how the keyboard is when you get it!

Offline Trev

I actually enjoyed typing on my Laptop Pro, but ended up returning it due to build quality and finishing issues. My keys were all skewed:

The "silver" case with large plastic seam and rough finishing made it feel more like a cheap kids toy than a $170 keyboard. There's no excuse for such poor finishing at this price.

The stems in the key switches on mine were also very loose. There may have been some of the consistency issues you mentioned (arrow keys were very light and inconsistent). I didn't investigate much further because I wanted to RMA it while I had the chance.

Offline iri

unfortunately i can't return the board and am too embarrassed to sell it...

-Ray Bradbury

Offline orlando

Those keys would probably drive me nuts Trev. Just knowing they are like that my OCD would kick in. I wonder if they are all like that or if you got a defective board ...

Offline iri

and i too got a defective board?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline ValerieV

Spoke with Tigers Import today and they are telling me they have one more Matias tactile mini in stock. When i told Matias that another company had the keyboard i needed, they said that it can't be their keyboard because they haven't begun the second run yet. Tiger assured me that it is the keyboard i want and that they must have them from the first batch run. Thank you Tigers Inc.  :-*

Offline BucklingSpring

Well good for you Val because now it is F-beep-ing May...

And no longer enjoy the wait.

Thank you for pre-ordering one of our new Matias mini mechanical
keyboards. As per the product description on the order page, this is a new
product not yet in stock. As a pre-order customer, you are entitled to
FREE shipping, and will be one of the first in the world to get one of
these keyboards.

There has been overwhelming demand for this product, and pre-orders have
far exceeded our anticipated numbers -- our first production run was
completely sold out by people who ordered even earlier than you, and those
orders have been fulfilled.

We had hoped that all remaining pre-orders would be shipped by now, but
due to the high demand, and some unanticipated parts supplier delays, the
remaining pre-orders will be shipped from our next production run, which
is finishing in late April.

We apologize for the delay. Your order will be shipped as soon as stock
arrives in May.

We greatly appreciate your patience.
Regards,
Barbara
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2013, 17:34:37 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

It appears that this new Matias KB is not that good after all that huge hype on it.

I actually enjoyed typing on my Laptop Pro, but ended up returning it due to build quality and finishing issues. My keys were all skewed:
Show Image

The "silver" case with large plastic seam and rough finishing made it feel more like a cheap kids toy than a $170 keyboard. There's no excuse for such poor finishing at this price.

The stems in the key switches on mine were also very loose. There may have been some of the consistency issues you mentioned (arrow keys were very light and inconsistent). I didn't investigate much further because I wanted to RMA it while I had the chance.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Have all of the folks complaining about crooked caps and the like had an ALPS keyboard before?  From what I understand alps are usually pretty wobbly keys.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I think the problems reported with Matias KB can not be generalized to all ALPS switches, first, the original ALPS were a complex mechanism on par with cherry or topre, the simplified version is also a reliable mechanism, that by having less parts subject to wear off and failure is even more reliable than the complex one, because in terms of reliability less is always better, finally the Matias are switches manufactured for Matias as a special run, and we all know that high volume manufacturing works well for large batches, but may be not as good for small ones, the quality issues reported appear to be of the kind of problems a new line is plagued with before a careful debug, that can only be applied after several parts have been produced and the operations are fully analyzed and problems solved.

I have used two ALPS keyboards and I did not have any issue with them, and as with Cherries, is a matter of taste and feeling if someone like them or not.

My grain of salt.

Have all of the folks complaining about crooked caps and the like had an ALPS keyboard before?  From what I understand alps are usually pretty wobbly keys.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Only asking out of curiosity.  I own two Matias switch keyboards.  The switches are fine, and I notice the keys wobble, but I've taken them apart and the innards are exactly like those of previous simplified alps....  I've swapped out components without issue.  The off-set caps are a result of the "wobble" of the stem.  I just found it not at all uncommon.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
That is very interesting, do you what material is the switch housing made of?

Offline polpo

That is very interesting, do you what material is the switch housing made of?
Matias said Polycarbonate in another thread:
ABS is okay, but we chose polycarbonate for the switch housing, so that it could be made transparent.  This allows you to use the same switch for keys that have an LED lens.
Matias Mini Quiet Pro / DSI SMK-88 (Cherry Black) / IBM Model M (10 Jul 86) / ThinkPad Travel Keyboard with Ultranav

Offline Trev

Only asking out of curiosity.  I own two Matias switch keyboards.  The switches are fine, and I notice the keys wobble, but I've taken them apart and the innards are exactly like those of previous simplified alps....  I've swapped out components without issue.  The off-set caps are a result of the "wobble" of the stem.  I just found it not at all uncommon.

My keys were skewed looking due to the switches themselves not sitting consistently straight on the mounting plate. You could gently push a set of keycaps to the extent of their slack and still never be close to having them line up. The wobbly switches certainly don't help either.

I checked with several owners of various ALPS boards from the classics through to cheap green-ALPS before returning the keyboard. None of the other ALPS exhibited such wobbly switches or visibly skewed keys.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

I can confirm that green ALPS do not present this issue, after some weeks of use.

My keys were skewed looking due to the switches themselves not sitting consistently straight on the mounting plate. You could gently push a set of keycaps to the extent of their slack and still never be close to having them line up. The wobbly switches certainly don't help either.

I checked with several owners of various ALPS boards from the classics through to cheap green-ALPS before returning the keyboard. None of the other ALPS exhibited such wobbly switches or visibly skewed keys.

Offline Trev

unfortunately i can't return the board and am too embarrassed to sell it...
Why can't you return it? The retailer I purchased from was hesitant to issue an RMA initially, but quite helpful once they saw the photos and quick video of the loose switches. The fact that I knew I could never re-sell mine due to crooked keys was probably what pushed me over the line.

Those keys would probably drive me nuts Trev. Just knowing they are like that my OCD would kick in. I wonder if they are all like that or if you got a defective board ...
Just casually skimming forums and chatting, I know mine is one of at least 3 with similar problems. It seems like there's some serious quality and consistency issues with their Chinese manufacturers.

I can't understand how these made it to customers.

Offline dante

whut?
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 June 2013, 11:00:15 by dante »

Offline sameer.wahid

Out of curiosity, did anyone end up getting their mini quiet pro? I cancelled my order for the tactile pro after waiting for four months, but I'm curious to see if matias was able to get it together...

Offline BucklingSpring

Not yet and I'm f-beep-ing p!ssed

Check my sig - At that pace I might have to update for Julate

Out of curiosity, did anyone end up getting their mini quiet pro? I cancelled my order for the tactile pro after waiting for four months, but I'm curious to see if matias was able to get it together...

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline sameer.wahid

Re: Feb Matias_Mini_QP PC is all gone. Now it's March,April,May -> June :-(
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:45:36 »
Their website is currently saying shipping in July, so you may not be that far off.

I did call them a few times in Feb/Mar/Apr before I cancelled my order. Each time, they told me that it'd be about a month.  A bit shameful that they can't get their act together.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 15:41:03 »
A bit shameful that they can't get their act together.

They had major supplier/manufacturing of some sort. Not sure what I prefer - The better luck next month approach or we have no clue approach.

Most likely the we have no clue. At least I wouldn't have to deal with yet another deception 4 months in a row
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline polpo

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 16:12:38 »

I got mine on April 3rd. I preordered on January 22nd.

Edit: oops, I looked at the wrong email. I preordered January 8th.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 June 2013, 19:24:52 by polpo »

Offline Burz

• maybe get a blister on yo' little finger...
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 17:04:57 »

I ordered Feb 8th and I'm still waiting.
Matias Mini QuietPro  \\ Dell AT101W - Black ALPS  \\ SIIG MiniTouch x2 White XM - Monterey  \\ Colemak layout.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 June 2013, 18:34:56 »
Yeah... Ordered mine in Jan 20ish and still waiting.

Edit: oops, I looked at the wrong email. I preordered January 8th.

Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline iri

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 05:32:03 »
wow... i even succeeded to return my board and get a refund

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 20 June 2013, 17:51:39 »
wow... i even succeeded to return my board and get a refund

Sorry you had a bad one... Getting money back is easy. Matias has good customer service.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 03:04:22 »
really? i sent them three emails in three days asking for a refund number.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BucklingSpring

Thread updated - It's now July - Promises of June delivery - FAILED

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
They must be going through some kind of production nightmare. Since they are the sole maker of Alps switches left in the world,  I sure hope they can pull it together!

Offline ValerieV

That is understandable when there is a production problem. However, the fact is they took money from their customers over 6 months ago and the customer have gotten nothing! I got mine but that was only because i went to tigers.com for the matias tactile mini.

Offline BucklingSpring

They must be going through some kind of production nightmare. Since they are the sole maker of Alps switches left in the world,  I sure hope they can pull it together!

Yep - Calling it a nightmare is an understatement. Nobody at Matias will wake up and think "phew... it was just a bad dream".

I actually feel sorry for them. Incidents like that must be quite damaging for a brand.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 19:21:48 by BucklingSpring »
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline quickcrx702

• Ready to bomb with Vietnam tatted on my back
I would agree, I recently got fed up with waiting for my mini quiet pro that I paid for in the beginning of February.  However, I emailed Barbara and asked her if I could just upgrade to the laptop pro.  She had me buy a bunch of armor clip anchors to make up the difference in price, and then promptly shipped it the same day.  The switches feel great, and don't have any production issues like some of the initial ones did, but I don't know if it's worth waiting so long for.  Maybe try changing your order to one of the other ones they have in stock.  It seems like they want to try and make their customers happy, it seems they just chose some really crappy vendors that they need to rely on.

Offline BucklingSpring

I already got full size QP. I ordered the Mini QP to also have it in TKL. I know, I know... I'm spoiled

I found it a bit cheap that they made you buy other stuff to match the price diff. Waiting for that long deserve few extra goodies (IMHO).

I would agree, I recently got fed up with waiting for my mini quiet pro that I paid for in the beginning of February.  However, I emailed Barbara and asked her if I could just upgrade to the laptop pro.  She had me buy a bunch of armor clip anchors to make up the difference in price, and then promptly shipped it the same day.  The switches feel great, and don't have any production issues like some of the initial ones did, but I don't know if it's worth waiting so long for.  Maybe try changing your order to one of the other ones they have in stock.  It seems like they want to try and make their customers happy, it seems they just chose some really crappy vendors that they need to rely on.

Boards I own, click ->
More