Author Topic: [IC] GMK Jamón - [RAMA X JAMÓN AVAIL]  (Read 97214 times)

Offline spyruf

Re: [IC] GMK Jamón - [DROP STARTS ON FEBRUARY 4TH]
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:37:06 »
Also I realized today that for true planck/ortho 40 coverage, since the profiles are not 1 2 3 4 but 2 3 4 4, you would technically need 4 Ñ kits to match the proper profile.  I'm crazy enough to do it but just a heads up for people that don't want to miss out on that.
Yeah I'm also confused by how the Ñ kit was designed. To cover all the alpha on a TKL/60% you would need two of them?
I would think it makes the most sense to have the Ñ kit be enough to cover alphas as that's what shown in the renders (this would probably make MOQ cheaper as well as the kit as bigger and more keys are produced). I guess for a novelty perspective having some Ñ's is nice but I'd personally think most people would want enough to cover a board.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:44:10 by spyruf »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:43:43 »
Also I realized today that for true planck/ortho 40 coverage, since the profiles are not 1 2 3 4 but 2 3 4 4, you would technically need 4 Ñ kits to match the proper profile.  I'm crazy enough to do it but just a heads up for people that don't want to miss out on that.
Yeah I'm also confused by how the Ñ kit was designed. To cover all the alpha on a TKL/60% you would need two of them?
I would think it makes the most sense to have the Ñ kit be enough to cover alphas as that's what shown in the renders (this would probably make MOQ cheaper as well as the kit as bigger and more keys are produced).
But if you just want enough to cover a small macro pad you wouldn't want the full alpha kit, two kits gives exact coverage of alphas for a tkl so I think it's a good compromise, lets people choose what they want.

Offline spyruf

« Reply #452 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 12:45:21 »
I would think it makes the most sense to have the Ñ kit be enough to cover alphas as that's what shown in the renders (this would probably make MOQ cheaper as well as the kit as bigger and more keys are produced).
But if you just want enough to cover a small macro pad you wouldn't want the full alpha kit, two kits gives exact coverage of alphas for a tkl so I think it's a good compromise, lets people choose what they want.

Yeah, I guess some comprises would have to be made. I might be in for a core + two Ñ kits.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 13:05:20 »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #454 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 13:07:34 »
I would think it makes the most sense to have the Ñ kit be enough to cover alphas as that's what shown in the renders (this would probably make MOQ cheaper as well as the kit as bigger and more keys are produced). I guess for a novelty perspective having some Ñ's is nice but I'd personally think most people would want enough to cover a board.

Not everyone wants to get two of them, some would use them for the F-row, some others for WASD, and some others for a macropad. By having a kit with just 24 of those we keep the entry price low enough that more people will get it as a silly novelty.

Offline derznation

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 22:22:11 »
Oooooo, Rama cap? I might have to grab one of those for this.

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #457 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 06:45:06 »
RAMA X Jamón caps

Oof, Zambumon, I think you are going to single handedly be responsible for my wallet being REKT this year :p When are these gonna be unveiled?

Offline keebitup

« Reply #458 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 07:02:22 »
Yes, I realized as well. Wanted to go for 1 2 3 4 at first, but then realized that homing would be on wrong row... Didn't consider 4 Ñ kits, will likely go 2 Ñ kits + base. Might gets fourties and pata negra extra.

2 Ñ kits would cover Gherkin though :) or 2 Ñ kits + novelties for helidox or similar

Offline tootle

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 09:46:29 »
Would Pata Negra work with Serika? Are the colors on the alphas fairly similar to the black keys on Serika?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #460 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 10:41:33 »
Would Pata Negra work with Serika? Are the colors on the alphas fairly similar to the black keys on Serika?

i am 80% sure they are the same black but zambumon will come in and correct me any moment now
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #461 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 10:55:25 »

i am 80% sure they are the same black but zambumon will come in and correct me any moment now

Pata Negra is exactly the same as Serika's accent keys. Exactly the same, including the legends.

Offline temp0321

« Reply #462 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 15:52:27 »
What's the color code of alpha keys for base and legend? I just couldn't find them anywhere.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [IC] GMK Jamón - [RAMA X JAMÓN AVAIL]
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 16:43:34 »
RAMA X Jamón

Pues ya estaría.

Offline RamenTechMech

« Reply #464 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 16:47:07 »
Can't wait! Caps look amazing!  :cool:

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #465 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 17:01:03 »
mad lad

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #466 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 18:15:14 »
Ne vegan bacon avail?

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #467 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 13:43:41 »
Soon In a few months. Final day!
213893-0

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #468 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 14:19:43 »
Soon In a few months. Final day!
(Attachment Link)

Very interesting.  You wouldn't happen to have ordered about 25 Eñe kits last week and then canceled the order, would you?

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #469 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 14:29:58 »
Saw that, lol no just 4 kits for me

Offline equalunique

« Reply #470 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 23:29:50 »
Need me some eñe survival kits for an olkb build. Who has extras?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk