Author Topic: Paypal's New: Screw The Seller Service  (Read 2058 times)

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
Paypal's New: Screw The Seller Service
« on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:31:16 »
I don't remember seeing any discussions here in regards to this new change. I'm not sure if this is something that's been around longer in the USA but it just came to Canada recently.

While it sounds all nice and dandy, it's actually quite a pain in the ass for sellers.

The new service is a claim service in which you can force a seller to pay for the return shipping.

This applies to any transaction fully paid by Paypal for the purchase of an item that had to be shipped back and that followed all the rules and regulations of Paypal and the seller (basically that it was a physical good and not concert tickets and that it was within the seller's stated return period).

It only applies to sellers that don't offer free return shipping. So along with the the seller spending money to ship something to you, only to have you want to return it, the seller now can be forced by Paypal to pay for the return shipping.

You can read more about it here: https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/returnshipping

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: Paypal's New: Screw The Seller Service
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:57:02 »
I guess, make sure your product is labeled and described as exactly as the product is, within reason, and that product won't get damaged in shipping, and it shouldn't be much of an issue.  From most of the bad sales and such I have seen here, the seller should have been responsible for shipping anyway.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 23:38:57 »
I guess, make sure your product is labeled and described as exactly as the product is, within reason, and that product won't get damaged in shipping, and it shouldn't be much of an issue.  From most of the bad sales and such I have seen here, the seller should have been responsible for shipping anyway.

I'm going to try and look into it more but this seems to apply to any case where the buyer pays to ship it back to the seller

Offline Parak

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 23:54:26 »
The problem is that unfortunately there are way too many scammer buyers, and ebay as a rule of thumb will always side with the buyer. It is a cold day in hell when ebay sides with a seller on a dispute, even when they have been selling for years with stellar feedback. It's never as simple as "just do everything right and you'll have no problems".

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:42:15 »
The problem is not scam buyers but scam sellers and the rules are intended to address this.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:46:07 »
ebay/paypal always unfairly prefer the buyer over the seller and it's kinda annoying for people who try to sell things :/

I mean, if you don't have any sellers, what are the buyers going to buy?

Das Keyboard Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition | Pok3r

Offline Korth

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:14:14 »
A month ago I wanted to return some DDR4 to newegg.ca.  $4.99 shipping to me (cheapest and slowest option, I wasn't in a hurry).  But they wanted to charge me $117.99 shipping back to them - fastest most urgent shipping option, international (because for some reason the product came from their Ontario warehouse but had to be sent to some Texas warehouse).  So ridiculous that I just cancelled the return and sold it on craigslist.  I wish I'd known about this paypal policy then, lol, I'm not a guy trying to screw the vendor but I'm not interested in being screwed by one either.

Offline blighty

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:59:18 »
"You must initiate your return within the return period and in accordance with the return conditions authorized by the seller or merchant"
So, don't authorize returns and offer no return/exchange period.

"You will have 14 days to submit a Refund request from the date on which You return your item."
Items that cannot be returned in accordance with the seller or merchant's general conditions of sale (e.g. the seller or merchant's authorized deadline for returns has passed);
Just say all sales final...

Doesn't seem to be a big deal.   Invoice buyers with "no returns, refunds, or exchanges" in private sales should offer more than enough protection from the new regulations.

LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 09:02:32 »
I mean, if you don't have any sellers, what are the buyers going to buy?

Basic law of supply and demand: If a demand exists, supply will become available to fill it.

The only way that ebay can continue to exist is if people keep spending money there, and they need to feel comfortable to keep doing it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:40:28 »
That sucks. Will be selling a keyboard soon and using paypal...

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:56:03 »
That sucks. Will be selling a keyboard soon and using paypal...

I really doubt that people will be facing this issue often, if ever. Just worth noting that paypal is testing it