Author Topic: I don't usually do intro posts but this community seems so welcoming!  (Read 768 times)

Offline naptime

Hey! You can call me naptime or naps. I love the creativity and camaraderie that I've seen on these boards over the past few days. When I first heard of mechanical keyboards I initially dismissed them as a fad or gamer hobby because of the way they were marketed. Why would someone want a keyboard that's loud??! I made many assumptions and kept my distance until I began looking for a more comfortable typing experience. I have a disability that affects my motor function and sometimes makes typing difficult. I type a lot and the feedback I get from mechanical switches has helped relieve my hand and wrist fatigue considerably. My current daily driver is an Akko 3068 with Gateron browns which I like just fine but I know there are better options out there. I've been toying with the idea of customizing key layout and bindings to make typing even easier which means taking the plunge into building my first custom :eek:

I'll be planning a DZ60 rev3.0 build with Everglide Aqua King switches over the next few months. The layout is still in flux and probably will be until I physically start popping switches into a board to see how it feels irl. This is my first time building anything so I'm a bit nervous to be honest! I got myself a soldering station and I'll be doing lots of soldering/de-soldering to practice while I order parts and ponder a layout. I hope to gain more inspiration and knowledge while interacting with y'all, if you see me around say hey!