Author Topic: isometria75 - An Open Source 75% wired/wireless keyboard  (Read 49122 times)

Offline Motte

Re: isometria75 - An Open Source 75% wired/wireless keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 14:33:15 »
Somehow I think plastic fits better than wood for a keyboard. But I never tried a wooden one. How does the POM case sound?

Offline Motte

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 14:35:11 »
Somehow I think plastic fits better than wood for a keyboard. But I never tried a wooden one. How does the POM case sound?
Also, I'd like to see that bottom  ;D

Offline Ningmmeng

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 02:29:22 »
Hello, sorry to bother you, I wanted to ask a simple question, how do I find the firmware for this keyboard in qmk again? Since I've only recently started learning to make keyboards :) :) :) :D

Offline Ningmmeng

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 02:30:45 »
Hello, sorry to bother you, I wanted to ask a simple question, how do I find the firmware for this keyboard in qmk again? Since I've only recently started learning to make keyboards :) :) :) :D

Offline ebastler

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 17:58:05 »

Hi,
the firmware hasn't been pulled (well, I haven't pull-requested it yet) into QMK. Here's the link to my fork: https://github.com/ebastler/qmk_firmware/tree/isometria_75/keyboards/ebastler/isometria_75

Also, I'd like to see that bottom  ;D
I really like the plastic case too by now! Wish I could tell, I'm using it with Healios, so it doesn't really sound at all. Next proto will be with tangies - should be more interesting!

Also, I just ordered v2 PCB protos. ISO/ANSI multilayout, slightly improved underglow LED positioning, and nRF52840 instead of STM32F072. Hope they'll work ^^
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2020, 18:06:23 by ebastler »

Offline ruohki

• Loc: Germany
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 12 November 2020, 07:45:52 »
sweet, for someone that just gets into this and trying to find a iso-de board + caps ... you sir are a hero. Looking forward for isometria60,65,... :)

Offline yui

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 09:22:32 »
if i'd wanted to build a V1, well 5, is there a bom somewhere? did i miss it? wondering if it would make for an expensive or outright out of budget xmas gift idea :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline ebastler

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 17:15:19 »
sweet, for someone that just gets into this and trying to find a iso-de board + caps ... you sir are a hero. Looking forward for isometria60,65,... :)
Haha, thanks! That was mostly my intention to begin this project back in the day :)

if i'd wanted to build a V1, well 5, is there a bom somewhere? did i miss it? wondering if it would make for an expensive or outright out of budget xmas gift idea :)
The github repo should actually have all necessary files to order 5 fully assembled PCBs from jlcpcb - and if you really feel like hand-soldering (watch out, v1 has 0402 parts!) you can grab the BOM out of the JLC assembly files.

Case files are not the current, but similar (I keep forgetting to update them) - getting a one-off milled is probably expensive

BIG NEWS
1) I have the first v2 PCB fully soldered - ZMK firmware is up and running, both USB and Bluetooth work as intended and everything else does too. Current rev requires a handwired fix and a hand drilled hole - once I have fixed that, I will edit the github repo accordingly and merge the "v2" branch into the "master" branch. Bluetooth or wired, ISO or ANSI, underglow, battery - everything works on my proto. Really happy how it turned out - but there's more, because I am an idiot who loves getting things done right.

2) I will never sell any v1 or v2. And the reason for that is...

3) There will be v3. While v2 is just a v1 with a new PCB, v3 will be a complete redesign, trying to make the keeb cheaper and easier to manufacture, prettier, slimmer, and overall just better. Currently only exists as ideas in my head, but I am positive that they will work out, and you will love them. Sorry for making you wait so long - my first design has to be perfect when it hits the market  :D

EDIT: Oh, and another awesome thing - a friend of mine based his own aluminium keyboard around my isometria 75 PCB (the v2 PCB, to be precise - the first proto will be for him). It's hands down prettier than the isometria itself, and I will share it once he's finished. You will love it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 November 2020, 17:21:14 by ebastler »

Offline yui

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 26 November 2020, 04:58:32 »
The github repo should actually have all necessary files to order 5 fully assembled PCBs from jlcpcb - and if you really feel like hand-soldering (watch out, v1 has 0402 parts!) you can grab the BOM out of the JLC assembly files.

Case files are not the current, but similar (I keep forgetting to update them) - getting a one-off milled is probably expensive
i don't know why but neither JLC nor PCBway like the gerbers files from the master branch... and for the case i have a small cnc at home so i planned on using it and making wood or acrylic cases, much cheaper than asking a shop to do it.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline ebastler

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 27 November 2020, 15:34:00 »
i don't know why but neither JLC nor PCBway like the gerbers files from the master branch... and for the case i have a small cnc at home so i planned on using it and making wood or acrylic cases, much cheaper than asking a shop to do it.

The files look fine in the tracespace gerber viewer (see attached picture) - jlc preview barely every works for slightly more complicated boards - I think the groundplane kills it.
I have no clue why there are no more BOM files in the repo, I must have messed those up... I'll try to re-add them these days. Probably forgot to add some after the last post-proto-fix (where I only added a single resistor).
Sorry! I thought I had made all files ready for ordering... Oh, you'll definitely have to hand-solder the MCU - if you can find any. They've been out of stock everywhere for ages now :/

Regarding v2 progress: I finally fully assembled my first board and paired it with my notebook (Arch Linux), PC (Windows 10) and phone (Android 10) - everything works fine. Even battery charge level reporting works (though only with Windows it seems).
Here's some battery powered fun with the underglow LEDs:

Offline D-One

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 07 January 2021, 16:43:55 »
Hi. First of all congrats on this project, amazing to see a mech keeb with ISO support, encoder, modern Bluetooth and open source... it almost sounds too good to be true, some sort of unicorn   :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sat, 27 February 2021, 05:29:39 by D-One »

Offline parkingmeasurement

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:58:39 »
Is there a discord you have or some way to get pinged on when V3 is available? =)

Offline Ningmmeng

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 21:13:24 »
I'm very much looking forward to v2. I'm already soldering my pcb, thank you very much for opening up the source code for v1. :thumb: :thumb: :D

Offline bball2

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 00:14:14 »
Saw this board on the Milkyway IC:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114352.msg3077747#msg3077747

Definitely my favourite spacing setup of the right hand keys!