Author Topic: questions to SP regarding the group buys - please contribute  (Read 10774 times)

Offline skuko

questions to SP regarding the group buys - please contribute
« on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 05:28:42 »
hello,

i'd love SP to answer the following:

how do you intend to rectify the problems with bad sorting/bad deliveries/damaged keys etc.? just curious, because normally, the GB organizers make a statement about these things at the start of the GB.

since you want to "streamline" the process, i'd like to know.

thanks

edit: and btw. if any1 has any similar questions regarding the whole process, don't be shy, just shoot
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 February 2014, 08:19:08 by skuko »

Offline SPLady

Re: questions to SP regarding the group buys - please contribute
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:14:41 »
Well, I will do my best to answer this - As with every order when there are 100+ items included, there are bound to be some errors. We will replace any broken, missing or mis-sorted keys, all you need to do is contact us, like you would contact a group buy organizer. We are making every effort to ship out the highest quality product possible. Thanks for your concerns!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 11:19:15 »
What's the story with the "Cheap TKL Set" group buy on your website:  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/cheap-tkl-100key-set/

When will it go live?  Or will it go live?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline pasph

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 February 2014, 14:57:40 »
We will replace any broken, missing or mis-sorted keys, all you need to do is contact us, like you would contact a group buy organizer.

Who will pay for those shipping?
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline SPLady

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 February 2014, 13:22:14 »
We will replace any broken, missing or mis-sorted keys, all you need to do is contact us, like you would contact a group buy organizer.

As with all errors or defects, Signature Plastics will pay the shipping charges.

What's the story with the "Cheap TKL Set" group buy on your website:  http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/cheap-tkl-100key-set/

When will it go live?  Or will it go live?

We are working on getting this one up, though it may have a new name... I don't have any other details at this point.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 February 2014, 04:34:24 »

As with all errors or defects, Signature Plastics will pay the shipping charges.

What would be the procedure when and if there is an error with sorting or defects of keys? 

Would you be relying on the honesty of the customer to report that problem or will you be relying on physical evidence (photographs) to determine course of action?

Just curious in knowing how EXACTLY your corporation will handle these problems if they occur........  8) .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 26 February 2014, 22:12:16 »
Dear SPLady,

You have still NOT rectified shipping to Australia.  I still can not place an order due to my contact information which ONLY has the "state" selections for UK, US and Canadian Provinces.

Australia only requires (New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia, Tasmania, ACT and Northern Territory).

Please can you finally fix the pull-down menu in "State" section of contact information, so that I can have my items shipped correctly to my address?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 03:14:30 »
Elrick... I believe they've got the point :D

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 04:25:44 »
Isn't it a bit unreasonable to expect them to put every state/province/territory for every country? There is already dropdown for Country. Idon't expect them to put every prefecture in Japan on there.

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 05:02:56 »
That's just silly. What if I wanted to ship this to a friend in kitamuro? I obviously need to be able to choose mie-ken for shipping. :P

Seriously though, you have been very hard on sp since the start of this gb, elrick. Please tone it down and stop bashing them for a process that hasn't even ran its course yet. Yes there have been issues so far, but they've mostly been resolved quickly once brought to their attention. Besides, we're all imperfect humans here. Mistakes happen. It's how we handle them that defines us.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2014, 05:07:07 by JayKthnx »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:01:53 »
Isn't it a bit unreasonable to expect them to put every state/province/territory for every country? There is already dropdown for Country. Idon't expect them to put every prefecture in Japan on there.

It's called a contract between you the customer and them the seller.  If the address of the customer is misinterpreted then the items won't be delivered.  How is that unreasonable from the customer that actually hands over their money, for a service that wasn't provided?

I know there was always a HUGE fanboy base here on Geekhack for years but now when SP suddenly think they can actually run a Group Buy isn't it time to show the proof now rather than waiting 11 days later to sort out all the important basics?

For those that think addresses aren't important, I'll like to see your face when your package goes awol, what happens to the fanboy stance then (suppose losing $500 to $600USD is nothing to you)  8) ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:04:05 by Elrick »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:28:00 »
to me the most important things to fix are:

1) full order review/history
2) correct shipping address

Those two are pretty "critical" issues that I hope will be fixed ASAP.

That being said all the bugs that have been reported were fixed pretty quickly, so I'm quite confident everything will be up and running for DSA/PBT.

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:33:42 »
I find it sort of funny that people are openly wondering if SP is going to make things right if something goes wrong. Isn't that what they've been doing for all the past groupbuys? Yes, groupbuy organizers are important in solving groupbuy problems, but it really doesn't matter how good a groupbuy organizer is if they don't have a trusted manufacturer behind them in the first place.

I've had nothing but good experiences with SP. Personally, I'm not all that interested in the current keysets being offered, but I think it's a great idea to offer custom keysets directly from the manufacturer. I feel more confident in a groupbuy run by the manufacturer, not less.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline JayKthnx

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 06:50:07 »

It's called a contract between you the customer and them the seller.  If the address of the customer is misinterpreted then the items won't be delivered.  How is that unreasonable from the customer that actually hands over their money, for a service that wasn't provided?

I know there was always a HUGE fanboy base here on Geekhack for years but now when SP suddenly think they can actually run a Group Buy isn't it time to show the proof now rather than waiting 11 days later to sort out all the important basics?

For those that think addresses aren't important, I'll like to see your face when your package goes awol, what happens to the fanboy stance then (suppose losing $500 to $600USD is nothing to you)  8) ?

I've waited for two months for an $1800 laptop to arrive in Afghanistan before. I know what it's like to sit around helplessly waiting for a big ticket purchase to arrive after inputting your address was sketchy at best. SP has been around for 19 years and Australia isn't exactly remote. Have some faith that their brand new store front will be fixed and all orders will be handled accordingly of don't participate in the group buy. Nobody is forcing you to submit an order. If you're truly worried about receipt of your products and feel you cannot live without this key set, proxy it and pay extra for the warm and fuzzies. It's not exactly a life and death situation though.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 07:32:11 »
Nobody is forcing you to submit an order. If you're truly worried about receipt of your products and feel you cannot live without this key set, proxy it and pay extra for the warm and fuzzies. It's not exactly a life and death situation though.

Maybe that is why all the other Group Buys are running so successfully (no SP distribution).  Don't worry buddy, you can hold onto your delusions with SP, because it's better to spend my money elsewhere - getting basic addressing done right, is always the first priority with them  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 February 2014, 07:33:49 by Elrick »

Offline pasph

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 07:37:11 »
They can simply put a blank option to that field or enable user input text
Not that difficult...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 08:44:13 »
I wasn't saying it's not important to have correct addresses. Just that demanding they add entries for every region in every country is just not possible.

Offline Excessive

• Signature Plastics
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 09:02:29 »
Hey guys I wanted to address the concern on shipping address and what we are doing to correct the problem. I just posted to the Macross set and want to post it here as well.

Paypal requires states & country information on every order to be provided in a very specific format. Unfortunately we can not have a blank field as paypal with not accept the order. The software we used to build the site does not offer these country/state options by default. For this reason we are having to manually code every country, with each corresponding state, and then the appropriate Paypal state and country codes into the system. As you can image there are a lot of country and states to go through.

For those of you select the wrong state in your shipping: We will be cross checking the country / zip combination on every order outside of the US.  In almost all cases, your zip/postal code will tell us which state you are shipping to. If there is any confusion about the state you reside in, we will contact you to verify your address prior to sending your shipment.

I apologize for the confusion here, please know we are working as aggressively on this update as we have with all others. As soon as the patch is pushed I will post an update. Thanks again for your patience.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:07:36 »
I apologize for the confusion here, please know we are working as aggressively on this update as we have with all others. As soon as the patch is pushed I will post an update. Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you for letting us know.  Good to know you guys are working on it and find that it's most important to get the shipping done right compared to most shills/fanboys here ignoring my plea to fix this.

In the end it was never to illicit hate for you guys but to encourage greater participation within this Group Buy and responding to your main title of this section.  I work for a corporation dealing with $1.2b of mining hardware being shipped around Australia and we can not afford to stuff up shipping when sending these items.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 17:11:06 »
In the end it was never to illicit hate for you guys but to encourage greater participation within this Group Buy and responding to your main title of this section.  I work for a corporation dealing with $1.2b of mining hardware being shipped around Australia and we can not afford to stuff up shipping when sending these items.

now you oughta tell us more about your work :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 28 February 2014, 14:54:10 »
Dude, why the hell did you order a laptop to Afghan? Why not wait till your R&R to pick it up?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:28:57 »
In order to keep another topic thread on-topic, I'm cutting and pasting Elrick's post here from the Nuclear Data IC thread:

Elrick, I like you -- you bring a lot of enthusiasm to GH, but -- why? Why the animosity towards SP? Also, it irks me that you're implying that Matt's an SP shill when you say: "How unfortunate you seem to be the card carrying member for Signature Plastics.  Still BunnyLake is the truly independent individual left here on Geekhack and I'm glad he hasn't taken anything from SP in promoting them on a consistent basis." Excuse my language, but that's a ****ty thing to say about a fellow forum member.

Umm I like you too but the issue here is

1)
SP is fine as a private company that manufactures key-sets for everyone.

Agreed. So why would it be bad for someone to recommend their involvement in a groupbuy?

2) Geekhack was set up as place to share common interests that include keyboards and key-caps (amongst other things) with no influence from any particular vendor.

I don't really see the relevance -- is SP forcing people to buy things they don't want to buy? Can you show me where they have negatively influenced a groupbuy? Because, I can name them in a lot of positive groupbuy outcomes.

3)[/b] From this year alone 2014, I experienced this particular behaviour whereby Matt3o designs a key-set and it goes straight to SP vendor sale section almost immediately.  Hence it becomes their property and interest.

Well, for one, that groupbuy was put in the SP Vendor section as per the rules. As for the ownership of a keycap set, I would imagine that the designer of the set is the 'owner' of the rights to that set -- and if that owner (Matteo in this case) decides go to SP, how does it become SP's property?

Quote from: Elrick
Where had the Group Buy gone?  Because it no longer is in the public forum anymore and it seems that now quite possibly most Group Buys will disappear from that section into only one area - SP Vendor Section.

Ok, so you're afraid that SP will begin to dominate groupbuys? I still don't see why that's a problem -- a lot of groupbuys have been produced by SP and you've never been this scared. What's actually changed? Same GB organizers, for the most part, same producer, only the method of serving up kits and collecting money has changed. If you have issues with how their GB system is working, they seem very open to constructive criticism. But the people behind that new system are the same people who have (or should have) earned your trust by now.

4) If that is the result how can you not conclude that there has been some sort of collusion here because we are adults and not children to be treated with such contempt in trusting a single business entity to run all Group Buys and Distribution.

Collusion? Collusion is defined (roughly) as when producers get together and decide to reduce competition for mutual gain. For example, they might decide, secretly, that prices should be around a certain point, or that one company will dominate a certain geographical region, etc. I see no evidence of that at all. SP has run most GB's that I can name -- not all -- but most. I think that's because of their willingness to work with us, not collusion. It's been a good partnership for everyone.

Hence no input from anyone else is allowed.
Again, what? Where? GMK exists, and other keycap manufacturers -- you're free to make a keyset and have them produce it. But from what I've heard GMK has had very high MOQ (only just starting to lower it) and that's made it harder to work with them. Hey, maybe if they see SP's efforts they'll change their policy.

Usually in politics when someone participates in promoting a single business entity consistently, what would they be called by the media? Besides why would being a paid representative be so negative in the eyes of Geekhack here? We already have some vendors willing to sell direct to us here already and they make clear who they represent.

I'm having difficulty parsing your thoughts. Is that a statement or a question or a flourish... ? Are you claiming that Matteo is being paid to be a representative for SP, and/or is not being upfront about it? To be frank, I don't have an allergic reaction to corporations, so I don't care if he is being paid or not. Show me the keycap set -- if I like it (and the price) I'll buy it. Otherwise, there's no problem. Why would being a paid representative be viewed so negatively here on GH? I don't know -- too many community college communists are members? Nah, it's a small, highly vocal minority is my guess.

5) I'm not naive to think that money can't buy everything and I don't blame anyone benefiting directly from this but lets make it clear, that this is not like the old days when people ran Group Buys for fun and only wanted fellow geekhackers to benefit.  But the loss of a Public Group Buy becomes another nail in the coffin of our heritage here.  Maybe in the future you'll just have the Interests Section and that's it, because the Public Group Buy will be deleted and replaced by Signature Plastics Vendor Section ONLY.

Your fear is unjustified, Elrick. Our 'heritage' at GH is making cool **** that's never been seen before, and if SP's groupbuy software helps make that happen, then it deserves a place here. As for the "old days" -- running GB's seems to be a labor of love and great sacrifice, but I don't want to see fellow member 'sacrifice' -- I'm more than willing to pay a little more (or less!) and have them retain their salary and their sanity. If that means working more closely with a trusted vendor, I'm all for it. More keycaps, fewer economic martyrs.

6) Maybe that's what the future Geekhack forum admins want (pure speculation here) to become a shop front for SP, if that's the case then let it be, who am I to stop that from ever happening.

Considering the recent battle over the recent Classified rules, I think the opposite is probably more likely. There's a vocal, powerful clique of people who are very anti-profit. The more likely scenario, Elrick, is this: SP continues to do what it has done in the past -- be a good partner, deliver good caps at a good price, and make customers happy. GH may continue to place SP groupbuys in a subforum ghetto, in order to create the appearance of some kind of anti-profit 'solidarity', but it will be too late. People will just go straight to SP's website, or DT, or a Google+ community, facebook, etc. to find out about the cool things being made.

But lets make this totally clear here if someone asks these questions like in the old days of Geekhack you'll be allowed to air it and have it discussed freely.

Here we are, Elrick, talking about it. I don't think that's likely to change. And if it is, I'll be right here with you asking questions.

But now we have labelled certain entities as "Religious Icons" that should never be questioned or challenged in any way.  Maybe that's the US tradition now but here in convict town we still ask these questions no matter what the consequences shall be.

I don't know where that comes from -- can you cite an example in which someone questioned SP and got banned or silenced for it? I don't support any sacred cows aside from free speech -- sacred cows make the best hamburger!

I usually don't care what others do but when a Group Buy is run you think that it would be performed as it has done for the past 3 to 4 years here.  Suddenly I see a change and that is what's unnerving me here.  I see these dots appearing and I'm joining the lines to create an awful picture of what's to come.......

Change is difficult, but it doesn't scare me. Matteo's Retro GB was (as far as I know) the first one to use a website system to make the aggregation of orders easier, at least here at GH. A lot of people (myself included) thought that was a very positive development. The Retro GB was fast, efficient and well-run. So, with respect to you Elrick, I don't think your fears are justified.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline skuko

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:49:22 »
elrick is imho just completely blowing this out of proportions.

i have no idea who is behind the decision of putting GBs using SP platform solely in this subforum, but it's a bad decision.

elrick seems to to have this zealot anti SP attitude for some reason, beats me.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:51:14 »
elrick is imho just completely blowing this out of proportions.

i have no idea who is behind the decision of putting GBs using SP platform solely in this subforum, but it's a bad decision.

elrick seems to to have this zealot anti SP attitude for some reason, beats me.

This group buy is conducted entirely by Signature Plastics.  It is somewhat akin to buying from MassDrop.  As such, these types of sales are not actually "group buys" and belong in a dedicated SP vendor space.  All actual group buys that are conducted by Geek Hack members collecting money and distributing sets produced by SP are going to remain in the Group Buys subforum.

okay guys, please don't start this crusade.

First of all. The GB is not run by SP, they did not chose the colors, they did not run the IC, they did not chose the keys per each set, they did not make the mock-ups, they did not designed the custom keys. And most importantly the organized (me) is not making money out of it. It's not a service like MassDrop. MassDrop is in charge the whole process.

SP is simply offering the group buy platform/service, instead of using my own software (like I did for DSA Retro) I'm using their system.

That being said. I agree that we are in a kind of grey area here but being this the FIRST group buy organized with this system I hope everyone agrees that it's a good thing that it receives a good coverage. From this moment on anyone (not just me) is able to run a GB for keycaps and at the best possible price possible being SP also the manufacturer.

EDIT:

Just to be clear: I agree with the decision of putting this on a subforum, I just don't agree with "conducted entirely by Signature Plastics" because I spent a hell lot of time on this thing and I'm not a SP employee! :P

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:52:57 »
I will comment only on the wrong assumptions that I've read above.

1) SP does not have the "rights" on the design. If they want to produce and sell it in the keystore they have to get your permission

2) The owner of the GB (yes, that includes myself) does not get any money from GB. He/She just gets a free sample for each kit that reaches the 25 tier

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 08:55:09 »
1) SP does not have the "rights" on the design. If they want to produce and sell it in the keystore they have to get your permission

I thought SP would own the rights to the set. Glad to know this is not the case. :thumb:

Offline skuko

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 09:00:47 »
This group buy is conducted entirely by Signature Plastics.  It is somewhat akin to buying from MassDrop.  As such, these types of sales are not actually "group buys" and belong in a dedicated SP vendor space.  All actual group buys that are conducted by Geek Hack members collecting money and distributing sets produced by SP are going to remain in the Group Buys subforum.

this logic is completely flawed. why isn't IMSTO being forced into his subforum? or bunnylake? or any other vendor?

DERP

matt3o does a freaking awesome job with GBs and they get less exposure and subsequently interest just because of a different platform for collecting money and shipping? i call BS and i think matt3o should be more vocal about this, because it's clearly unfair and biased.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 March 2014, 09:02:41 by skuko »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 09:04:05 »

this logic is completely flawed. why isn't IMSTO being forced into his subforum? or bunnylake? or any other vendor?

DERP

In the case of bunnylake he is collecting money and doing distribution either himself or with another geekhacker, and IMSTO doesn't run cap group buys anymore does he?

I do agree about the exposure it is hard to get the word out without maximum exposure.

Offline skuko

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:36:29 »

DERP

In the case of bunnylake he is collecting money and doing distribution either himself or with another geekhacker, and IMSTO doesn't run cap group buys anymore does he?

I do agree about the exposure it is hard to get the word out without maximum exposure.

Yeah i know and i love bunny for that, but how is it any different from sp site and why does it even matter? Do you catch my drift?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 12:43:06 »
skuko, do you not give us any benefit of the doubt whatsoever that we've looked at it from all directions that you might be overlooking?  IMSTO does use his own subforum for his commeicial sales.  CtrlAltStore is not a commercial organization--it's just a bunch of geekhackers united under a name doing group buys for people.  They do run more commericial buys from their subforum and actual group buys in the group buys section. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:00:40 »
To those whom actually have decision on the rules of the forum: The main forum purpose is to allow our community to share our hobby on mechanical boards. Part of the fun is to buy new stuff for our babies. GB are a singularity here, that makes GH a very nice and special place for us. The point of a GB is the shared decisions on the goods during IC, and then to pull the buying power of the interested parties to get a good deal. All of these activities have to do with members, it does not matter who will manufacture or run the administrative things to get the deal. Why you have decided to hide GB on the basis of the final vendor of the goods? What matters is that any GB is for the community.

If you do not want SP GB to be posted in the GB section, then, I suggest you to create a new main category entitled Vendors Group Buys, to allow this new class of GB hosted by vendors to post their offers.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:02:59 »
Please post your suggestions and any other comments regarding forum operation in this subforum instead :
http://geekhack.org/index.php?board=64.0
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:04:44 »
actually Vendor GBs is not a bad idea

Offline skuko

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 13:54:22 »
skuko, do you not give us any benefit of the doubt whatsoever that we've looked at it from all directions that you might be overlooking?  IMSTO does use his own subforum for his commeicial sales.  CtrlAltStore is not a commercial organization--it's just a bunch of geekhackers united under a name doing group buys for people.  They do run more commericial buys from their subforum and actual group buys in the group buys section. 

i do and even if it doesn't look like it, i only rant about it, becaise i know that there could be a better solution.

Offline skuko

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 11 March 2014, 14:10:23 »
i took the liberty of creating a thread here:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55800.0