Author Topic: Where to find keycaps compatible with Kinesis Advantage  (Read 2759 times)

Offline shockwave

Where to find keycaps compatible with Kinesis Advantage
« on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 14:30:19 »
Where can I buy keycaps that are compatible with my Kinesis Advantage? The keycaps on my Advantage are fine (they're actually brand new). I would like like to find some that are different looking, for the hell of it.

Of most importance to me is not to change the size of the keys, since I want the sizes to stay just how they are.

EOT

Offline Human

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 29 April 2012, 16:51:32 »
Quote from: shockwave;585713
Where can I buy keycaps that are compatible with my Kinesis Advantage? The keycaps on my Advantage are fine (they're actually brand new). I would like like to find some that are different looking, for the hell of it.

Of most importance to me is not to change the size of the keys, since I want the sizes to stay just how they are.

EOT

Try some spherical or flat(uni profile) DS from SP/Devlin?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 April 2012, 03:02:09 »
Might I direct you to thi following topic:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?23446-kinesis-advantage-keycap-replacement-limitations

In it, some awesome GH'ers have found the exact profiles of all the Kinesis keycaps, and some have successfully found suitable replacements for most of them from WASDkeyboards.

The largest issue is that four of the keycaps near the thumb cluster are the super-tall row5 ones. This issue has been approached in several ways.

Here is a helpful post compiled by boli:
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?23446-kinesis-advantage-keycap-replacement-limitations&p=507346&viewfull=1#post507346

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
Re: Where to find keycaps compatible with Kinesis Advantage
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 00:28:09 »
I'm doing a follow up if anyone has any additional info on Kinesis keycaps..like for key caps in PBT or----?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~