Author Topic: Hello from the United States!  (Read 793 times)

Offline cmonyak

Hello from the United States!
« on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 19:24:55 »
Hello there! I'm a very new keyboard enthusiast. As a recent college grad I have lot more time on my hands and have always loved the sound of typing. I never knew there was a whole community around the aesthetics and sounds in keyboards! Right now I have a super beginner keyboard--the RK61 with red switches and matcha keycaps--which I absolutely love. I even learned how to lube it all myself by hand. One day when I'm a bit richer, I'd like to start collecting more of them and hopefully building my own. I'm also trying to get better at typing, which is hard as I have tiny hands. (70-90wpm gang)

Nice to meet everyone here!

CM

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
Re: Hello from the United States!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:21:26 »
Fun part is you have a 60% pcb, which means GB's will be easily catered to you for a long time. As far a typing goes, you'll get used to memorizing qwerty in time to the point you can hit over 100 wpm with just the left hand. Welcome to the second worst hobby on the web(first being airsoft, jeez).
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF