Author Topic: Overwatch Discussion Thread  (Read 144257 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: Overwatch Discussion Thread
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 01:40:29 »
Back to playing this, but stuck on the PS4 with the young buck. I play a couple matches daily and still just feel like I have no control with a PS4 controller. Mouse and keeb for lyfe.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #551 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 04:35:00 »
Did anyone watch the world cup?
Was bittersweet for me as a Dane, although I guess now I'll have to root for some other European/Scandinavian team and hope they do better.
China was on fire though, damn.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #552 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 17:07:59 »
Guys is this game still for for ya'll  AFTER the honeymoon period ?

Does it hold up. ??!!

Thinking of getting it this christmas.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #553 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 00:10:17 »

Does it hold up. ??!!

imo yes

blizz are very heavy with the balance patches though, classes are getting reworked every month or two

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #554 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 03:47:25 »

Does it hold up. ??!!

imo yes

blizz are very heavy with the balance patches though, classes are getting reworked every month or two

one more question is..

How FUN is it in terms of team play..

The thing I absolutely despised about dota/Lol   is the fact that you get stuck with people who are so obviously terrible, that you know right from the beginning that you're going to lose the game.

How does the game handle these situations..  can you leave a match,  and what penalization is there for it.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 04:03:14 »

Does it hold up. ??!!

imo yes

one more question is..

How FUN is it in terms of team play..

The thing I absolutely despised about dota/Lol   is the fact that you get stuck with people who are so obviously terrible, that you know right from the beginning that you're going to lose the game.

How does the game handle these situations..  can you leave a match,  and what penalization is there for it.

you will get bad teammates. you will get people that only play one hero regardless of the map or the other team's composition

the only thing you can do is just avoid tilting, and try to remember that on a long term average, the enemy team will have the same number of these players as your team will.

you can also report people for griefing or poor teamwork

punishments for leaving competitive matches range from 30 minute timeouts, to long term bans

Our philosophy has been that we would rather not have leavers playing the game at all (especially in Competitive Play). We keep increasing the penalty for leaving and will continue to do so. We're in the process of implementing a new policy which would take into account how many Competitive Seasons you have been banned from and at a certain point, prevent you from playing Competitive ever again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #556 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 04:31:14 »

you will get bad teammates. you will get people that only play one hero regardless of the map or the other team's composition

the only thing you can do is just avoid tilting, and try to remember that on a long term average, the enemy team will have the same number of these players as your team will.

punishments for leaving competitive matches range from 30 minute timeouts, to long term bans

Our philosophy has been that we would rather not have leavers playing the game at all (especially in Competitive Play). We keep increasing the penalty for leaving and will continue to do so. We're in the process of implementing a new policy which would take into account how many Competitive Seasons you have been banned from and at a certain point, prevent you from playing Competitive ever again.

Is there a way to ONLY queue with players you know are good players ?

For example, if you create a large enough friends pool of good players, you may be able to always play with a set of them.

Is it possible to maintain a roster such that you would never have to play with the bad players EVER AGAIN.. because that is just a huge waste of time.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #557 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 04:58:36 »

For example, if you create a large enough friends pool of good players, you may be able to always play with a set of them.

Is it possible to maintain a roster such that you would never have to play with the bad players EVER AGAIN.. because that is just a huge waste of time.

yes you can queue with as little or as many friends as you like (provided everyone is at the same approximate skill level). however if you queue as a group of 6, you'll try to be matched with another group of 6.

you can also "prefer" some players if you think they're pretty good, but would rather not add them as friends and group with them

Prefer this player will attempt to put you in a match with that player if there is a spot available in their match when you're in the matchmaking queue. It doesn't happen frequently because we matchmake on skill, ping, group size and other factors and don't weigh the "prefer feature" very high. It's there as more of a "hey, if it happens to line up right, I'd prefer to play with this person again."

The feature works at such a low percentage that we are considering removing it. Increasing the frequency can result in really bad/undesirable behaviors (poor matchmaking, harassment etc.) so we don't turn the dial to make it happen more often.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #558 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 05:04:25 »

yes you can queue with as little or as many friends as you like (provided everyone is at the same approximate skill level). however if you queue as a group of 6, you'll try to be matched with another group of 6.

you can also "prefer" some players if you think they're pretty good, but would rather not add them as friends and group with them

Does that mean you'll have trouble or spend a long time waiting for a team match, if you queue with a group of 6 ?

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #559 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 05:11:56 »

Does that mean you'll have trouble or spend a long time waiting for a team match, if you queue with a group of 6 ?

theoretically, yeah, but i've never had too much of an issue. waiting a bit longer is worth it imo, but it can get a little frustrating.

that being said, it's trying to match me with other groups in a similar (roughly 90th) skill percentile, in australia, at like 10pm-3am. if you're in usa and/or closer to the middle of the skill bell curve, you may have it easier

btw there are free weekends every now and then, which you might want to try before actually buying it

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 20:06:54 »
Installed free trial...

First thing I hear is,   "Hey, I got my Transgender ready"

I'm thinking.. oh that's neat, they've got some character who is a salmon..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #561 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 16:48:26 »
Why are people so mean.. !! hahahahhaa

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #562 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 16:51:45 »
Based on my calculations.

You really need a 1080Ti to fully enjoy this game @ max fidelity and 120+ fps...

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 16:57:38 »

You really need a 1080Ti to fully enjoy this game @ max fidelity and 120+ fps...

But I can only see 30 FPS, so why do I need 90 more than that?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #564 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 16:59:51 »

But I can only see 30 FPS, so why do I need 90 more than that?

I know right ?..  I play 30hz and pwnz pr0g4m3rz @ 120hz.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #565 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 18:07:06 »
Having some trouble.

Sometimes when the team is not responsive , it feels like I'm playing the game by myself

Which is a complete waste of time, because nearly all the characters other than tanks have very low health.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #566 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 21:30:34 »
Having some trouble.

Sometimes when the team is not responsive , it feels like I'm playing the game by myself

Which is a complete waste of time, because nearly all the characters other than tanks have very low health.

people will never use voice in quick play, only competitive

in diamond/master people will regularly use voice. i have been told that lower ranks will use it far less though

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #567 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 03:00:45 »
Having some trouble.

people will never use voice in quick play, only competitive

in diamond/master people will regularly use voice. i have been told that lower ranks will use it far less though

The more I play the more I am reminded of TF2, where people rage and no one has a good time.

It's definitely more nuanced and complex than TF2..   but, nonetheless, the "TEAM" aspect is not a part of the experience that is very consistent thus far..

It's not really even about Winning,  out of more than half the games, I've got 1 guy just sitting AFK.. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #568 on: Sun, 19 November 2017, 17:21:29 »
hrrrm.. weekend's short..

if I had maybe another whole week to evaluate the game.. that'd be nice..

hrrrrrrrm..............................

Offline mangoes

« Reply #569 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 23:35:00 »
Well this is an old topic to find... Anyone got any fun thoughts about the new Symm changes? Also if anyone wants to play, add me and pm me! I'm MANGOES#11420

Offline Phitness

« Reply #570 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 09:10:56 »
I've been playing Punchman lately and he's fun as **** but once you use your juice you are just a sitting ****ing duck without a healer pocketing you.

Offline Nomcr

• Hi I'm Cayde
« Reply #571 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:01:15 »
Well this is an old topic to find... Anyone got any fun thoughts about the new Symm changes? Also if anyone wants to play, add me and pm me! I'm MANGOES#11420

I dig the new Symm changes but will wait and see how she is after the fix the DPS bug she has currently. The no tracking left click is cool and I did the shield wall and really am looking forward to what people can do with the new teleport ability, especially in the pro leagues. We might be seeing the first serious Symm in OWL lol.

Offline dankdesire

« Reply #572 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 11:11:28 »
Tried OW so many times, but just can't seem to get into it. Too chaotic for my taste, maybe one day

Offline Pewpew

« Reply #573 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 20:52:16 »
Tried OW so many times, but just can't seem to get into it. Too chaotic for my taste, maybe one day

I play OW regularly but some of my friends said that they got dizzy when playing OW. I think it is based on the vestibule. Everyone is different.

Offline NJWootton

« Reply #574 on: Fri, 08 June 2018, 19:10:18 »
What do you guys think about the Symmetra changes on the PTR? I think its a step in the right direction for her even though it might take some getting used to, I'm gonna miss microwaving noobs.

Offline nimblejacks

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 09:26:07 »

You don't know chaos until you do the Total Mayhem arcade mode  :eek:

Offline Legonut

« Reply #576 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 06:43:53 »
What do you guys think about the Symmetra changes on the PTR? I think its a step in the right direction for her even though it might take some getting used to, I'm gonna miss microwaving noobs.

The microwave is still a bit effective, just not as spectacular. The real loss is Junkrat's "I'm getting the feeling they've got a shiiieeeeld generator"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #577 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 01:22:33 »
is it true you can get banned in this game for typing GGEZ  :))

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #578 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 02:02:43 »
https://www.pcgamer.com/gg-ez-overwatch/
Apparently they made it so it just switches the text with something else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #579 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 09:05:58 »

This is probably good because young kids play it..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #580 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 15:15:41 »

This is probably good because young kids play it..

I miss the old days of Xbox Live where people would talk **** and you'd move on with your life because people back then had the ability not to take offense and realize it's a competition.
I miss those days.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #581 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 16:51:31 »

I miss the old days of Xbox Live where people would talk **** and you'd move on with your life because people back then had the ability not to take offense and realize it's a competition.
I miss those days.

That xbox trash made NoisyTurtle the stressed out insomniac he is today, coping with his problems with the use of narcotics and intense feeding binges..

This is the _Good For_ kids situation NT is talking about ??

Harharharharharhar

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #582 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 22:58:19 »
Okok..

Orisa, thoughts ?

I feel like she is most sturdy of the tanks because of the quick shield cycle + personal shield

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #583 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 23:08:36 »
Okok..

Orisa, thoughts ?

I feel like she is most sturdy of the tanks because of the quick shield cycle + personal shield

if the other team has low damage, or otherwise doesn't focus the shield, she's super effective

but the second a team's damage output is great enough to break the shield quickly, she's just a free kill

a rein with good shield management and with added mobility (charge) can usually outperform her

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #584 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 23:33:48 »

if the other team has low damage, or otherwise doesn't focus the shield, she's super effective

but the second a team's damage output is great enough to break the shield quickly, she's just a free kill

a rein with good shield management and with added mobility (charge) can usually outperform her

The issue is, with orisa, she can still move around and do other things with the shield placed, but with rein, he's kind of stuck there, and performance is completely dependent on the team, because you have to hold.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #585 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 23:43:43 »
and performance is completely dependent on the team

that's just tank life tho

Orisa's "other things" are just her pea shooter, and her grav ball that's only threatening on certain control point maps

even when it comes to ults, reins ult can potentially lead to wipes without any followup ults

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 10:43:52 »
and performance is completely dependent on the team

that's just tank life tho

Orisa's "other things" are just her pea shooter, and her grav ball that's only threatening on certain control point maps

even when it comes to ults, reins ult can potentially lead to wipes without any followup ults

Hrrrrm.. I'm getting killed by better players now.. seems like orisa is the squishier tank.. That pull doesn't seem to be as useful as I thought it'd be..