Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 859836 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)
« Reply #3400 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 00:21:00 »
I apologize if I came off as rude or unappreciative. I or anyone I know didn't enter the contest so I have no skin in the game. The video was very well done, no one is arguing that. I was just making the comment that if someone who didn't know how to assemble keyboards wanted a tutorial, that video wouldn't suffice. Personally this is my first time building and programming a keyboard from scratch so a tutorial would have been useful for me. I'm technical and a programmer and been around in the mech space for awhile so I think I can make do, but for anyone less knowledgeable would need to look elsewhere.

Agreed, not saying it didn't time or effort (although I do think it would have been improved by removing the pop culture gifs/memes), it just wasn't a tutorial, which I was hoping to see come out of the contest.

Is there anything unique or obscure about putting together the M65-A?  If not, there are several tutorials about putting keyboard together on youtube and just on the internet- many of them are made for specific keyboards, but the steps are the same.  Step-by-Step specific to the keyboard is of course better, but not necessary, even for beginners.  I was a beginner less than a year ago, and looked up the different steps to get my board done.

What came out of the tutorial was what jchan wanted, apparently.  I would like to see the other entries just out of curiosity.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3401 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:14:20 »
Prob dumb question, but where is this reset button at??

Offline naut

• Aerospace Engineer
« Reply #3402 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:21:09 »
Ps2abrgb: None. Unplug usb, hold left control, and plug in usb. Or short ‘reset’and ‘ground’ pins on pcb.

Qmk: Button close to the MCU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3403 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 15:25:27 »
Ps2abrgb: None. Unplug usb, hold left control, and plug in usb. Or short ‘reset’and ‘ground’ pins on pcb.

As I feared, I have to disassemble my board. Thank you :thumb:

Offline Marutks

« Reply #3404 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 12:10:14 »

I paid for black base and other components when extra sale was running.    I got email from jchan saying they dont have black base.
I hope it won't take a year to get a refund.   Did you get your refund?  I wonder how long it takes......

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3405 on: Sun, 18 February 2018, 12:49:08 »

I paid for black base and other components when extra sale was running.    I got email from jchan saying they dont have black base.
I hope it won't take a year to get a refund.   Did you get your refund?  I wonder how long it takes......

It hasn't historically taken long to get a refund.  What did he say in the notification?

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #3406 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 10:26:23 »

As I feared, I have to disassemble my board. Thank you :thumb:

It is not too bad, just have to remove a couple screws to remove the base.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #3407 on: Mon, 19 February 2018, 20:13:28 »

Hi,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to emails in the past few days as I've taken a few days in observance of CNY.

I'll get back to the emails tomorrow.

Cheers, have a good day
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3408 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 16:28:53 »
My M65a from the extra sale just arrived! Even received a kit box :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3409 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 18:10:19 »
FYI there are a few plates restocked as I type this.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #3410 on: Wed, 21 February 2018, 22:25:45 »
I had a question about the bottom leds. I bought the QMK pcb. How do you change the colors/modes?

Offline swangful

« Reply #3411 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:02:27 »
I had a question about the bottom leds. I bought the QMK pcb. How do you change the colors/modes?

You're in for a treat. Start reading here: https://docs.qmk.fm/

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #3412 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 00:12:51 »

:eek:

Offline swangful

« Reply #3413 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 02:17:14 »

:eek:

You can find a few people's layouts here as well for reference: https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/jc65/v32u4/keymaps

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #3414 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:22:17 »
Soooo Jchan, I see that you have the listing for the cosmos editions up on your site.... Can we get some pics of the mercury color? :D

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3415 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:28:26 »
Does anyone have a problem where a few of the right most LEDs become white after an hour or so? It's fixed if I unplug/replug the keyboard or toggle the leds.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #3416 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:45:59 »
Does anyone have a problem where a few of the right most LEDs become white after an hour or so? It's fixed if I unplug/replug the keyboard or toggle the leds.

Which pcb have you got?

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3417 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 12:47:00 »

Which pcb have you got?

QMK, I'm also just using the plain/static color.

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3418 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:19:57 »
This is what's happening after some time passes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fkm185lh780kzx/IMG_20180227_151538.jpg?dl=0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3419 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:32:25 »
Maybe it just doesnt want to be pink anymore.  Maybe you need to give it a pep talk or something.  Maybe buy it a coffee?

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3420 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 18:07:19 »
Maybe it just doesnt want to be pink anymore.  Maybe you need to give it a pep talk or something.  Maybe buy it a coffee?

Everybody knows pink doesn't like coffee REECE!

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3421 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:35:42 »
Jokes aside, it occurs with any color. Has no one experienced this issue then? I'm not using any fancy keymap. Just a second layer with RGB controls.

Offline swangful

« Reply #3422 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:44:15 »
Jokes aside, it occurs with any color. Has no one experienced this issue then? I'm not using any fancy keymap. Just a second layer with RGB controls.

Does this happen with any RGB mode? Night rider, christmas, rainbow etc..? Or only static?

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3423 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 13:57:33 »

Does this happen with any RGB mode? Night rider, christmas, rainbow etc..? Or only static?

It seems to be only when it's static/plain. It works for awhile and then the LEDS "forget" their color. I'll keep breathing mode on and see what happens. But for now I'll just say it only happens on plain.

Offline swangful

« Reply #3424 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 14:03:08 »

It seems to be only when it's static/plain. It works for awhile and then the LEDS "forget" their color. I'll keep breathing mode on and see what happens. But for now I'll just say it only happens on plain.

Weird...if it happened in all modes, id attribute it to the PCB a lot more confidently. Have you tried reflashing to default and putting your config back on after?

Offline HorrorStorm

« Reply #3425 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 15:52:23 »

Weird...if it happened in all modes, id attribute it to the PCB a lot more confidently. Have you tried reflashing to default and putting your config back on after?

Just tried your suggestion, using the default map the issue still happens after 20 minutes or so. I thought maybe it was a power issue but it continues to happen even with a powered usb hub. I don't know if the latest version of QMK has a bug but I can only assume it's a PCB issue unless Jchan has some ideas.

Offline swangful

« Reply #3426 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 16:23:45 »

Just tried your suggestion, using the default map the issue still happens after 20 minutes or so. I thought maybe it was a power issue but it continues to happen even with a powered usb hub. I don't know if the latest version of QMK has a bug but I can only assume it's a PCB issue unless Jchan has some ideas.

Are you resetting EEPROM? Or just flashing putting default back on?

If doing the latter, try resetting EEPROM and start with a fresh slate. if not...it would seem like a PCB issue :( Weird that it stayed fine for 20 minutes though.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #3427 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 10:54:13 »
Am I the only one having trouble reaching jchan on both is email (jchan@keyclack.com and support@keyclack.com) ?

I join on keyclack website for a lilac m65a with nylon base. I asked by email for QMK pcb instead of ps2avrgb as told on website, but no response. I am quite afraid it will ship before taking into account the request.

Also.. it been few months that I try joining him for an issue with my Budapest SA keyset also bought on keyclack.com, I have recieved two 7u spacebar instead of one 6.25u and one 7u... at more than 300 bucks the keyset I expect some better customer service !

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3428 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 10:57:13 »
Am I the only one having trouble reaching jchan on both is email (jchan@keyclack.com and support@keyclack.com) ?

I join on keyclack website for a lilac m65a with nylon base. I asked by email for QMK pcb instead of ps2avrgb as told on website, but no response. I am quite afraid it will ship before taking into account the request.

Also.. it been few months that I try joining him for an issue with my Budapest SA keyset also bought on keyclack.com, I have recieved two 7u spacebar instead of one 6.25u and one 7u... at more than 300 bucks the keyset I expect some better customer service !

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here!

It is CNY/Lantern Festival, but it's fair to say he stopped caring about the community months ago...

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3429 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:02:05 »
More

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here! [\more]
It is CNY/Lantern Festival, but it's fair to say he stopped caring about the community months ago...

Com’on ! CNY was on the 16th! You conduct a buisness, you take people money (and not small amount), you have to be pro about this!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #3430 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:05:20 »
More

Start to get really annoyed by the non professionalism of some people here! [\more]

Com’on ! CNY was on the 16th! You conduct a buisness, you take people money (and not small amount), you have to be pro about this!

Ah I'm wrong, CNY was 16th - 26th, then Lantern Festival was 27th - 2nd, so nothing is going on :'( Agreed though.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3431 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:12:33 »
More

Ah I'm wrong, CNY was 16th - 26th, then Lantern Festival was 27th - 2nd, so nothing is going on :'( Agreed though.

Still, my first email (still unrespond) for issue with Budapest SA was on the 16/01/2018!!

Offline theknown

« Reply #3432 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 09:53:02 »
It appears as though i have a lifted pad for my HOME key. I tried jumping to pg up, but home is now registering as 'pg up'. Any idea where I can jump this to in order for 'home' to register properly?

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #3433 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 10:16:15 »
More

Still, my first email (still unrespond) for issue with Budapest SA was on the 16/01/2018!!
Yeah I emailed him asking to change some of my orders, haven't replied back to me yet. Give him some time, he's a 1-man operation and he was probably resting over the weekend.
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline dohmain

« Reply #3434 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 14:24:26 »
Just throwing this out there, if anyone needs a Nylon bottom I have one for sale. $85 shipped CONUS.

You can find my mechmarket post on reddit, same username.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3435 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:59:25 »
Yeah I emailed him asking to change some of my orders, haven't replied back to me yet. Give him some time, he's a 1-man operation and he was probably resting over the weekend.

Hummm.. Still waiting for a response.. And the worrying part is that I got few emails from DHL asking me to regularise tax already! So I hope he read his emails before shipping the keyboard :(

Offline embew

« Reply #3436 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 18:17:37 »

More

I also reached out to jchan regarding a potential and recently placed order with no response received. Having 2-way communication with your customers and setting expectations goes a long way.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 18:26:01 by embew »

Offline Waah

« Reply #3437 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:52:28 »

More

I also reached out to jchan regarding a potential and recently placed order with no response received. Having 2-way communication with your customers and setting expectations goes a long way.
This. Decided to check this thread as I haven't gotten a response either for an M65-A (not extras, original GB order).

No ill will here - all my other orders (minus MC Rebirth, still unsure as to what is going on with that one) were fulfilled without issues. I know what he's been through and at this point waiting a little bit more doesn't bother me. Just concerned that the GB is marked complete, yet my order was not fulfilled. Hopefully nobody else is in the same situation.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3438 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:48:03 »
Does any one got a response regarding cosmos m65a ? Still waiting..

Offline Harms

« Reply #3439 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:01:56 »

Ordered a Lunar Red Nylon Base kit.

Still waiting on a shipping notification sometime this week hopefully :).

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #3440 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 20:56:56 »

I thought they were shipping out 3/5/18

Offline Harms

« Reply #3441 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:04:16 »

Yes that was the supposed ship date. However, mine has not shipped yet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:10:38 by Harms »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #3442 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:18:26 »

I sold my A stock extra so I could buy a purple one. But I sat on the fence too long and now the purple with purple base is gone.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #3443 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 21:55:23 »
Got a shipping notice for my lilac m65-a! I'm sure others will start getting shipped soon if not yet. He was probably just busy over the weekend :)
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline pancaeks

« Reply #3444 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:01:01 »
Any chance you will sell the black weight separately?

Offline Harms

« Reply #3445 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 22:56:16 »

I sold my A stock extra so I could buy a purple one. But I sat on the fence too long and now the purple with purple base is gone.

Damn sorry to hear that, but hey there is one Nylon base in purple if you do not mind that option and a red base.

It is nice to see that they are shipping out. :)

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3446 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:44:14 »
Got some answers by email from Jchan!

He will start to ship tomorrow for the cosmos m65a. Cannot wait to have it in my hands, build it with some 78g r9 zealios and put my Budapest SA on it :D

Offline typischt

« Reply #3447 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 06:55:06 »

He will start to ship tomorrow for the cosmos m65a. Cannot wait to have it in my hands, build it with some 78g r9 zealios and put my Budapest SA on it :D
Yes, also got some answeres from Jchan regarding PCB change to QMK.
I plan to build it with 67g r9 zealios, really stoked about it! :)I actually also wanted to try the 78g, but I think I‘m just going with the 67g anyways since they feel great and I already have them.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #3448 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 07:03:40 »

I plan to build it with 67g r9 zealios, really stoked about it! :)I actually also wanted to try the 78g, but I think I‘m just going with the 67g anyways since they feel great and I already have them.

I upgrade to qmk too. And i got both 67 and 78 on hands, need to build to compare them.

Offline typischt

« Reply #3449 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 09:13:14 »

I upgrade to qmk too. And i got both 67 and 78 on hands, need to build to compare them.
Ah really nice! Let me know, when you know which one you like better!