Author Topic: KeyKollectiv Thread: Booper X KeyKollectiv's Kosmonavt Sale - Shipped  (Read 1643179 times)

Offline ubibaba742

Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Back to Basics
« Reply #3350 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:30:42 »
Enjoy the mods everyone! Sadly I have no topre so I won't be joining.   Can't wait to see pictures!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3351 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:31:16 »
Mute mellow!
I'm goin to stole demik spot

ill drown you, you lying land seal

#demikdoesntneedmorepurple

#phruitpieneedsthepurple

i have no purple!
Demik no lying pls

demik never lies!
Ok fair enuf

Gib demik all dem purples

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #3352 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:38:17 »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #3353 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:44:47 »
this is so sexy, going for that symbiosis blue, with some sherbet <3  :cool:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline zearoh

« Reply #3354 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:47:55 »
Entered! Hopefully 5th time is the charm :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3355 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:03:09 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline Scgmdx2

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #3358 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:25:18 »
This is potentially a much easier way to get a full Realforce set :)
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline phruitpie

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline phruitpie

« Reply #3362 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:53:22 »

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #3363 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 21:57:33 »
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #3364 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:19:05 »
Good luck to everyone entering. These just make me wish that I had a hhkb.
Biking is fun.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3365 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:22:26 »
Good luck all! :-) there's gonna be some super happy people very soon. Can't wait to see more pics of the caps

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #3366 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 02:12:08 »
Entered and hype'd :)

Really hope the Sacrificial Red is bright enough for me, looks very promising!!
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #3367 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:30:34 »
132836-0

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3368 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:31:30 »
Yay mine is one of the least popular,  butthen I remembered made to order and so we all have the same chance :)

Also I half want to know how many entries but that'd make me sad. I'd rather know after I get an invoice. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:34:04 by dohbot »
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3370 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:35:46 »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #3371 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:37:28 »
Yay mine is one of the least popular,  butthen I remembered made to order and so we all have the same chance :)

Also I half want to know how many entries but that'd make me sad. I'd rather know after I get an invoice. :)

Shockingly enough.... at the moment of posting this... a little over 300  :eek:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3372 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:38:10 »
(Attachment Link)

I think Symbiosis and Sherbert will go well together.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3373 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:39:06 »

Shockingly enough.... at the moment of posting this... a little over 300  :eek:
People have done more with worse odds! I'm very excited and nervous!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #3374 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:40:10 »
(Attachment Link)

I was right on the primary colors, except for the Sacrificial Red. That's quite surprising.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #3375 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:47:21 »
We've been fielding some inquiries on why the sets are expensive and why we went with the base+child pricing structure over on reddit. I felt, for the sake of transparency, to post our statement here as well:

"...To be honest, I was initially apprehensive to push this sale simply because I knew there would be some sticker shock. We've had many people suggest that we charge significantly more because they knew running a sale like this isn't a worthwhile endeavor.

A sculpted 1u keycap, at its lowest, generally sells for $15. When making a full modifier set, you need to reinforce the base/stems and are dealing with multiple sizes and profiles. At the end, we felt that $6 per key would allow for the investment in time/materials/labor to be justifiable.

I understand that it may seem a disadvantage to HAVE to purchase a base HHKB set. I'd like to remind everyone that the ONLY extra key you would have would be the short shift key. The Realforce set consists of an extra 2x 1.5u modifiers, long shift key and Backspace. Keep in mind that one of the 1.5u modifiers requires a "rotated" stem and requires a considerable amount of effort/time as well as a dedicated mold just for RF. All in all, with the $20 price point for the child set ($24 full price), you are actually paying less and having the option of switching to a HHKB as well.

As for the Leopold 660C, new molds need to be created just for the 1.25u modifiers. Of which, a 660C requires 6 to complete the bottom row. This also includes another duplicate shift and backspace. At $32 for this child set, we are taking a hit to provide support for 660C users.
At the end, we would've ended up charging more if these were stand-alone sets (for RF and 660C). For a more streamlined production process, we felt that the bonus of having multiple support and discounted prices for child sets would be worthwhile to most."

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #3376 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:48:40 »
Hey guys looking for a calico purr and schrodinger.  Check out my trade post and i am sure we can work something out
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #3377 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:53:49 »
Bianchi Celeste is pictured with a watermelon snackkey. Is this to show that the colorways match, or does a watermelon snackkey come with that set?

Offline misconceit

« Reply #3378 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 09:54:52 »
Hope there's arrow cluster available but I'm in for the raffle anyway
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
HHKB Pro 2

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #3379 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:01:48 »
Bianchi Celeste is pictured with a watermelon snackkey. Is this to show that the colorways match, or does a watermelon snackkey come with that set?

Sorry for the confusion. The watermelon SnacKey is there for purely decorative reasons and to illustrate that it shares the same green as Bianchi Celeste. This also applies to other similar color-ways such as Juicy Furt, Kill-wala. So to answer your question, no it doesn't come with it  :(

Also, the Mute Mallow set does not come with the double shot keys in the photo as well. Sorry.

Hope there's arrow cluster available but I'm in for the raffle anyway

Unfortunately, there are no arrow clusters as there are no R3 1U keys in the collection this time around.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #3380 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:03:34 »
As a MX peasant I'm very sad when I look at the google form :(

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3381 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:04:15 »
No support for HHKB Jp? Lol.

Offline misconceit

« Reply #3382 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:06:07 »
I guess that ISO enter is pretty hard to cast?
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
HHKB Pro 2

Offline dohbot

« Reply #3383 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:07:42 »
I guess that ISO enter is pretty hard to cast?
So many keys next to the spacebar

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3384 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:08:01 »
We've been fielding some inquiries on why the sets are expensive and why we went with the base+child pricing structure over on reddit. I felt, for the sake of transparency, to post our statement here as well:

"...To be honest, I was initially apprehensive to push this sale simply because I knew there would be some sticker shock. We've had many people suggest that we charge significantly more because they knew running a sale like this isn't a worthwhile endeavor.

A sculpted 1u keycap, at its lowest, generally sells for $15. When making a full modifier set, you need to reinforce the base/stems and are dealing with multiple sizes and profiles. At the end, we felt that $6 per key would allow for the investment in time/materials/labor to be justifiable.

I understand that it may seem a disadvantage to HAVE to purchase a base HHKB set. I'd like to remind everyone that the ONLY extra key you would have would be the short shift key. The Realforce set consists of an extra 2x 1.5u modifiers, long shift key and Backspace. Keep in mind that one of the 1.5u modifiers requires a "rotated" stem and requires a considerable amount of effort/time as well as a dedicated mold just for RF. All in all, with the $20 price point for the child set ($24 full price), you are actually paying less and having the option of switching to a HHKB as well.

As for the Leopold 660C, new molds need to be created just for the 1.25u modifiers. Of which, a 660C requires 6 to complete the bottom row. This also includes another duplicate shift and backspace. At $32 for this child set, we are taking a hit to provide support for 660C users.
At the end, we would've ended up charging more if these were stand-alone sets (for RF and 660C). For a more streamlined production process, we felt that the bonus of having multiple support and discounted prices for child sets would be worthwhile to most."

Thanks for the transparency. For what it's worth I feel the pricing is absolutely in line with what it should be (and honestly, I expected things to be slightly more expensive than they're priced at).

When you look at everything you're getting, combined with the fact that you guys are taking somewhat of a loss on some child sets, it's a fantastic deal. :thumb:

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3385 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:18:53 »

Thanks for the transparency. For what it's worth I feel the pricing is absolutely in line with what it should be (and honestly, I expected things to be slightly more expensive than they're priced at).

When you look at everything you're getting, combined with the fact that you guys are taking somewhat of a loss on some child sets, it's a fantastic deal. :thumb:

+1. Was expecting base set to be around $100.

I normally go into raffles expecting to lose so I won't be disappointed if I do lose. I'm not gonna lie, I'll be disappointed if I lose this one for sure. The Sacrificial Red would be so amazing. Will likely pass my Bianchi set on to someone else if I get lucky enough to get in on this set.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3386 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:31:21 »

You did this perfectly. I think the price points are all extremely fair (generous, even), and the child sets make customizing really easy. <3 I'm so so so happy you guys went ahead.

and ****ing lol, 300 entries so far. I told you I didn't need to IC for 30 -_-
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #3387 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 10:43:42 »
Child sets were the right way to go about this - and a pleasant surprise, really.  :thumb:
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3388 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:29:25 »
I'm unsure why anyone who actually owns a Topre board would complain about price.

1) Topre is already at the top of the budget scale for stock keyboards
2) Literally zero competition in the area of custom made FULL mod sets
3) Proven track record of KeyKollectiv's operation - there is no motivation to scalp people

Professor Powell's conclusion: cry babies are MX peasants who are entering only to accumulate trade bait.

Like I already mentioned in Slack; if you win a mute mallow set without already owning a HHKB I will fite you IRL  ;)

Offline rausse

• HHKB addict
« Reply #3389 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:33:13 »
I totally agree with the above posts - the price is totally fair, and the add-on kits are an awesome way to approach people with different needs.

KK, you're doing an awesome job, keep up the great work!

Everyone who thinks they are too expensive: you're right, they're way too expensive.  The right thing to do is boycott the raffle in protest.  :P

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #3390 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:33:46 »
I'm unsure why anyone who actually owns a Topre board would complain about price.

3) Proven track record of KeyKollectiv's operation - there is no motivation to scalp people

Professor Powell's conclusion: cry babies are MX peasants who are entering only to accumulate trade bait.

Like I already mentioned in Slack; if you win a mute mallow set without already owning a HHKB I will fite you IRL  ;)

What if winning a set makes me buy a T board? will you still fight?

Full disclosure, I have not entered and won't be.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #3391 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:40:58 »

I'm an "MX peasant" and I was already worrying about how many people are going to try to win just for trading. Can KK change to form to require photographic proof of Topre ownership?  :))

Offline Incredigasmic

Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Topre Modifier Sale is Live!
« Reply #3392 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:45:12 »

I'm an "MX peasant" and I was already worrying about how many people are going to try to win just for trading. Can KK change to form to require photographic proof of Topre ownership?  :))
I don't have a Topre board and entered for sunset sherbet. If I win, that will be motivation for me to actually drop money on the hhkb I've been eyeballing forever. I'm literally basing my future with Topre on this raffle.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3393 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:45:55 »
Even people with topre boards can use winnings as trade bait.

chill with the generalizations about mx users lol

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #3394 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:46:38 »

Preach!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3395 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:48:06 »

Preach!

You're still a peasant.  :p

Offline N3RDLY

• G33k.works
« Reply #3396 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:49:06 »

Preach!

You're still a peasant.
You're a peasant for using the spacebar the wrong way ;-)

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3397 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:50:21 »

Preach!

You're still a peasant.
You're a peasant for using the spacebar the wrong way ;-)

Please refer to the menu of colors for proper spacebar orientation. http://imgur.com/a/IIgtj

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #3398 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:50:47 »

What if winning a set makes me buy a T board? will you still fight?

Full disclosure, I have not entered and won't be.

How about I give you 30 days to turn to the Topre side? Full proof of your ascension will be needed in non-potato form ;)

I heard that entry requirements could be stepped up to be proof of a Topre tattoo. Rightly so.

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #3399 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:51:23 »

Preach!

You're still a peasant.  :p

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 March 2016, 11:52:54 by Incredigasmic »