Author Topic: KeyKollectiv Thread: Booper X KeyKollectiv's Kosmonavt Sale - Shipped  (Read 1643157 times)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Invoicing complete!
« Reply #5300 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:26:08 »
Surprised I got in on this and got the keychain. I'll be interested to see what the chain looks like! I think it'll look great on my backpack!

I have the sushi keychain on my backpack right now from the last raffle! The watermelon slice will look adorable I'm sure :P

This is the best MomKollectiv keychain to date. It's seriously adorbs
Keywala one when? -3-

You are the reason Koala-T and I have sat down to discuss designs for V2. Spoiler alert, Keywala v2 is a release we want to explore. Bad news, not likely happening in 2016.  :thumb:
:-*

I can wait, just means I can save more money and buy more of them >:D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #5301 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 13:56:55 »
Surprised I got in on this and got the keychain. I'll be interested to see what the chain looks like! I think it'll look great on my backpack!

I have the sushi keychain on my backpack right now from the last raffle! The watermelon slice will look adorable I'm sure :P

This is the best MomKollectiv keychain to date. It's seriously adorbs
Keywala one when? -3-

You are the reason Koala-T and I have sat down to discuss designs for V2. Spoiler alert, Keywala v2 is a release we want to explore. Bad news, not likely happening in 2016.  :thumb:

This only means the quality on them is going to be superb  :p :p I can not wait!

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Invoicing complete!
« Reply #5302 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 15:58:48 »
No invoice, no snacks, no fruits. I guess I'll be a carnivore my whole life.

Grats to those who won though!
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline choiboi

• * Destiny Supporter
  • B I G B O Y S
« Reply #5303 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 16:53:35 »
Just checked and got an invoice, I was scared I wouldn't be able to check it on time due to the outages in my area (using Wifi elsewhere, I'm still internet-less at home).

Grats to everyone else who got in!

Offline robbles

« Reply #5304 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 17:56:17 »
Sounds like my HHKB is likely to remain fruit free :( Thanks KK for breathing some life into the artisan community. Before you all it was just skulls and robots. I really think you're responsible for the diversity and creativity seen in artisans these days. I'm just excited to see what you put out, regardless of winning or losing. But winning would be exciting too ;) Keep it up.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5305 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 18:01:21 »
Sounds like my HHKB is likely to remain fruit free :( Thanks KK for breathing some life into the artisan community. Before you all it was just skulls and robots. I really think you're responsible for the diversity and creativity seen in artisans these days. I'm just excited to see what you put out, regardless of winning or losing. But winning would be exciting too ;) Keep it up.

Binge has done animals and such for a long time though  :confused:

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5306 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 18:40:43 »

You are absolutely correct and we are huge admirers of his work :D

Offline robbles

« Reply #5307 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 13:18:03 »

Very true! Still, can't deny KK has been a major player in building momentum towards more creative and whimsical artisans. Just wanted to spread some love <3
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5308 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 13:42:03 »

Very true! Still, can't deny KK has been a major player in building momentum towards more creative and whimsical artisans. Just wanted to spread some love <3

Thank you for the kind words. If KeyKollectiv has this impact on just one person, we know we've made a difference. This means a lot to Koala-T and I  :D

Offline jjnist

Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Fruit Reboot Shipping Soon!
« Reply #5309 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 16:13:11 »
Congrats to all the winners! Although I didn't get into this one, I really hope to get into Keywalla v3, whenever that may be :p

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5310 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 16:15:13 »

I appreciate what KK has done but I just wanted to point out Binge's work. Although I am not the biggest fan of KK their work has obviously garnered a huge fan base.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #5311 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 19:59:11 »
Artisans should make some sort of catch-up system. If you lost in 6 raffles you are more likely to win than someone that won 4/6.

Never won a kk raffle before :( and there have been quite a few since I joined. Even won a clack in the meanwhile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #5312 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 00:46:13 »
Or a loser's raffle: only those that have lost before are allowed to enter.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline nicichan

« Reply #5313 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 02:26:09 »
Or a loser's raffle: only those that have lost before are allowed to enter.

There are people who have been in this hobby a long time and are collectors, how is that fair to them? The raffle system for kk caps is really fair. There are few sites like jelly keys where I think you can buy them first come first serve if you want your first artisan :)

Offline Parzival

« Reply #5314 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 07:33:16 »
Keykollective does an amazing job of presenting as much fair opportunity as possible. Not everyone is going to win, it just isn't possible, they had hundred of entries and quite a lot smaller amount of keys that they can make. Its not a huge company with manufacturing facilities, they are a few people contributing to the community through a passion. I have not lucked out on every KK raffle either, no bento for me, but I can accept that knowing that they can always make more in the future, if I really want a cap I can always search on /r/mm or the classifields, and its not like they make you pay to enter the raffle anyway. If they had you pay upfront and then you didn't win any caps, yes I would be upset. However they do not. They aren't trying to scam anyone. They are simply providing their amazing handiwork to members of a community that appreciates the effort and skill that they put into it. The fact that people put up so many complaints for not winning would turn me off of doing any more raffles so I think it is wonderful that KK still continue to do this even with all the flack some people give them.   

Thank you so much for what you do for the community KK your time and effort and generosity are clearly shown.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #5315 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:50:45 »
Sup w/ dem unpaid invoices stock  ;D  :cool:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline SJHL

« Reply #5316 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 09:47:39 »

Asking the important question.  :p

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5317 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:27:49 »

Just sent a final reminder to all pending invoices. Going to give it a few more hours and then free up the caps for others. Stay tuned.

Offline catlover

« Reply #5318 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:43:08 »
I'm looking forward to the re-raffle. Thank you KK :) There is still a chance to have one cap..

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #5319 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:03:34 »

Just sent a final reminder to all pending invoices. Going to give it a few more hours and then free up the caps for others. Stay tuned.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #5320 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:11:16 »

Ooo0o0h i'm tuned  :-* Thanks for keeping us apprised, you know we appreciate it very much

P.S. sorry if my gf is hounding you guys on iG via DMs LOL i scolded her don't worry  :)) :)) :)) :):D
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:13:03 by KetchyKech »

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5321 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:24:30 »

Ooo0o0h i'm tuned  :-* Thanks for keeping us apprised, you know we appreciate it very much

P.S. sorry if my gf is hounding you guys on iG via DMs LOL i scolded her don't worry  :)) :)) :)) :):D

Never a bother when people are excited about our stuff. No worries at all man :)

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #5322 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 12:25:48 »

:-* :-* :-*

Offline kaidaizhao

• thock thock thock
« Reply #5323 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 13:05:23 »

Is the re-raffle/second chance opportunity based off of the original submissions when the initial form was opened?
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 13:08:06 by kaidaizhao »
Never enough Key Caps

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #5324 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 13:08:01 »
Any cancelled invoices for the sleeves?  I can't imagine there would be.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #5325 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 13:55:27 »
Any cancelled invoices for the sleeves?  I can't imagine there would be.

MomKollectiv makes the best sleeves, MK watermelon is hands down the nicest sleeve I've ever seen. But again, the whole menu for this sale is BEAUTIFUL. That's why there are so many salty people who didn't win here, me being one of them.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #5326 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 14:01:38 »
I got in for a keychain but I really love those sleeves. So cool.

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #5327 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 16:36:30 »

I have small keycap sized hopes :D

Offline anthorix

• Finally Awake
« Reply #5328 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 17:11:39 »

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5329 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 17:42:21 »
Several people have paid at the 11th hour so we ended up cancelling only a handful of invoices. We'll be reviewing these numbers later tonight. In the meantime, feel free to take a look at our latest blog post. Thanks  :thumb:

http://www.keykollectiv.com/blog//fairness-and-fallacies

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #5330 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 18:10:17 »
Several people have paid at the 11th hour so we ended up cancelling only a handful of invoices. We'll be reviewing these numbers later tonight. In the meantime, feel free to take a look at our latest blog post. Thanks  :thumb:

I'm sure I'm not the only one that appreciates you taking the time to address a lot of the frustrations that are inevitably going to follow a raffle sale. As trite a saying as it is, the whole "You win some, and you lose some" holds so very true in these cases. Whatever the outcome, however you decide to run your sales in the future, it will be nigh near impossible to make everyone satisfied. However, not winning a raffle (however disheartening it is) isn't the end of the world, I've come to realize. Yes, it sucks, but luckily there are marketplaces where you might get lucky with someone willing to trade caps with you. I entered the artisan game pretty late (your key-walas were my first ever artisans!) but someone was kind enough to sell me a meow-cap as a way to get newcomers into the game. Anyways, long rambling aside, good luck to everyone on the re-raffle and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #5331 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 18:16:10 »
Does this mean there's still a chance? 
Entering for re-raffle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline btctopre

« Reply #5332 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 18:37:48 »
In the meantime, feel free to take a look at our latest blog post. Thanks  :thumb:

kudos getting MLA on they ass.

and ya, in a system where there are "losers", a straight rng raffle with a reasonable entry window is the most balanced system for respecting the maker's time and the buyer's chances imo. you can always run a loser's only leftover sale after if demand for a particular sale is substantially higher than your were anticipating. but even then there's always going to be people that lose and express their dissatisfaction (seems there were some real poopers this time), so you can't get too beat up over it. just keep doing ya'll.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #5333 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 19:07:47 »

Great write up and I appreciate the insights into your preferred distribution method. Thanks KK. Being a famous artisan sound pretty stressful to me, ha ha...

Offline Fibonacci_Jones

« Reply #5334 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 22:07:30 »
Appreciate the time you took to explain the process. While not winning can be frustrating for everyone, having these artisan sales be luck of the draw creates some of the fun around it. When you do get selected, it feels better than just going on a webpage and purchasing something straight up. It also allows the community the opportunity for trades, which makes the hunt for your favorite cap enjoyable as well.

It might not be perfect, but leaving things up to chance seems to be the most fair way to do things. Anywho, great blog post. It was good to get a peek into the process. Crossing fingers for a second chance!

Offline hfabulous

« Reply #5335 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 22:56:33 »
As with all things KeyKollectiv, I appreciate the attention to detail in both your response to demand and the transparency of your process. It was a tough decision not to enter this one—I have the keyboard customization bug, it's afflicting me hard, and, by all accounts, I had just won big with the Bento Blanks.

But I considered: I have just one keyboard. I have some particular ideas about what I want to experiment with, aesthetically. And the cool community I stumbled into? There may be someone else who just had to get their fruit-on like I simply had to have my Miso. They deserve that chance and to report back here with their excitement, just like I did.

In short, I'm excited to see where all this goes and am thrilled to see your commitment to the craft and the people who appreciate what you do. So, thanks! Can't wait for the next one!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #5336 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 01:04:52 »
All I ever wanted was a single dragonfruit. X(
For that 2nd gen tex yoda that will one day come out.

I think I've dissolved all my salt now. All it took was some tears haha. The transparency in that blog post and all the replies from KK, even to saltiest of wounds, was very helpful in getting over it, and I very much appreciate it. The silver lining is that there are frequent raffles from others, so I can play the rng game again, along with other artisans that I can get secondhand or through mk.com.

And who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to trade up from another raffle or be able to offer enough $$ for that one little piece of dragonfruit. Very catchy naming btw: KeyKollectiv, Snackeys, Fruit Reboot, etc. It sticks in your head and I think as a result makes you crave it like a real fruit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2016, 01:27:24 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #5337 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 04:18:53 »
sheeeeyit I guess we lost

gg grats everyone enjoy!
I love Elzy

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5338 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 11:53:02 »
Invoices for canceled orders have gone out. We will tally up everything this weekend and if there are any excess FR's left, I'll notify some of you. No promises but we'll do our best.

Oh. And a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to read the last blog post. I know it was a bit long-winded but your support is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2016, 11:54:56 by KeyKollectiv »

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #5339 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 12:04:10 »
Invoices for canceled orders have gone out. We will tally up everything this weekend and if there are any excess FR's left, I'll notify some of you. No promises but we'll do our best.

Oh. And a huge thanks to everyone who took the time to read the last blog post. I know it was a bit long-winded but your support is much appreciated.

Aye, I didn't get an invoice this time, but I'm still collecting your keys (almost exclusively).  Thank you for everything you do!

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #5340 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 12:13:40 »

Aye, I didn't get an invoice this time, but I'm still collecting your keys (almost exclusively).  Thank you for everything you do!

Haha, I've been tempted to do the same and trade in all my Fugu's for KK bento blanks and fruits at this point   :p

Offline shinz0

« Reply #5341 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 12:22:57 »

it's a damn shame you had to come out and explain your process. I've always felt like you guys have been fair.

if you lose.. suck it up and move on. we'll all win eventually.
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2016, 12:43:09 by shinz0 »

Offline shinz0

« Reply #5342 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 12:23:33 »
and after reading the past few pages of this thread...

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #5343 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 13:04:27 »

it's a damn shame you had to come out and explain your process. I've always felt like you guys have been fair.

I don't think they had to explain the process, but it helps because a lot of people do not understand how probability works.

And we will not "all win eventually". That was one of the points emphasized in the blog post. Each raffle is independent of the others and losing previous draws does not guarantee a future win. Being upset about not winning a raffle is not the same as blaming KK for that loss. I think it's fine for people to express the former.

Offline shinz0

« Reply #5344 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 13:36:53 »

I don't think they had to explain the process, but it helps because a lot of people do not understand how probability works.

And we will not "all win eventually". That was one of the points emphasized in the blog post. Each raffle is independent of the others and losing previous draws does not guarantee a future win. Being upset about not winning a raffle is not the same as blaming KK for that loss. I think it's fine for people to express the former.

yeah i read the blog last night and forgot about that last bit.

I guess what i meant was if you put some effort in, you'll be able to get what you want. I didn't win, but i know damn well i'll be trying my hardest to get some fruit on the trade market.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #5345 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 15:04:23 »

Thanks for your explaining your process. Loving the charts also.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #5346 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 19:44:17 »
One can't comment on your blog without signing into one of all those social media platforms that I don't use. </3

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #5347 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 21:11:23 »

I don't think this could have been explained more clearly and concisely. Thank you for everything you guys do, I love your caps, and I hope to continue having chances to win them in the future.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #5348 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 01:02:58 »
That was a good explanation of how difficult it is to balance everyone's desires. There is an option that you did not address, however. It's probably to your credit that you didn't even think to go there, but everyone should be reminded to be careful about nitpicking current systems.

You could raise prices to bring demand down, and in line with production capabilities.

The fact that our community tinkerers and artisans rarely (never? I hesitate to state absolutes) go down the route that nearly everyone in the world would when faced with extreme demand and very limited supply indicates a significant degree of graciousness and interest in community and friendship. It's worth recognizing whenever one gets the opportunity.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #5349 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 02:43:27 »
That was a good explanation of how difficult it is to balance everyone's desires. There is an option that you did not address, however. It's probably to your credit that you didn't even think to go there, but everyone should be reminded to be careful about nitpicking current systems.

You could raise prices to bring demand down, and in line with production capabilities.

The fact that our community tinkerers and artisans rarely (never? I hesitate to state absolutes) go down the route that nearly everyone in the world would when faced with extreme demand and very limited supply indicates a significant degree of graciousness and interest in community and friendship. It's worth recognizing whenever one gets the opportunity.

Prices have been going up on their product according to the amount of work that goes into them. If you look back at their V1 and V2 Purrkeys, the paws were all <$20.

So prices have been going up because of the more difficult casting methods and additional work. You can also have higher prices when you're more established because people know you do good work, as KK has always done.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical