Author Topic: KeyKollectiv Thread: Booper X KeyKollectiv's Kosmonavt Sale - Shipped  (Read 1643179 times)

Offline Spopepro

Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Fruit Reboot Shipping Soon!
« Reply #5350 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 09:47:14 »
That was a good explanation of how difficult it is to balance everyone's desires. There is an option that you did not address, however. It's probably to your credit that you didn't even think to go there, but everyone should be reminded to be careful about nitpicking current systems.

You could raise prices to bring demand down, and in line with production capabilities.

The fact that our community tinkerers and artisans rarely (never? I hesitate to state absolutes) go down the route that nearly everyone in the world would when faced with extreme demand and very limited supply indicates a significant degree of graciousness and interest in community and friendship. It's worth recognizing whenever one gets the opportunity.

Prices have been going up on their product according to the amount of work that goes into them. If you look back at their V1 and V2 Purrkeys, the paws were all <$20.

So prices have been going up because of the more difficult casting methods and additional work. You can also have higher prices when you're more established because people know you do good work, as KK has always done.

I may have been unclear. What I'm saying is that at ~$30 there were ~1300 interested buyers. There is a price out there where there would be ~100 interested buyers. And we aren't talking about recovering costs, or $5 increments.

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #5351 on: Sat, 15 October 2016, 19:59:36 »
You run into the issue where people are producing artisans at a much higher rate than back when it was just Clack Factory or whatever. You risk alienating your fanbase, and there are plenty of other makers to choose from.

Offline Koala-T

• KeyKollectiv
« Reply #5352 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 01:06:36 »
New blog post up for anyone interested.
 ;)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #5353 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 01:24:55 »
 ;)

Every time I read about the schedule Kudos keeps up for the sales I'm gobsmacked. Workaholic is an understatement!

Even if you ain't physically doing any casting, Koala-T, I really think you should be giving yourself more credit. The strength of the wolf is the pack   :D

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #5354 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 02:59:56 »
I think offering "Kustom Kables" would be an awesome idea! I have a couple cables and their great to collect. keep up the blog posts i love them :thumb:

Offline Overchecken8

KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Fruit Reboot Shipping Soon!
« Reply #5355 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 09:06:50 »
 ;)
Great read. I was building keyboards and cables in the summer but have since started school and work. So I can sympathize with not having enough time to do the things I love.
Those cables do look nice though! The shrink wrap (I think that's what it is?) looks pretty thick compared to others which I really really like.

Offline Arwym

« Reply #5356 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 21:01:16 »
Just stopping by to say, I just discovered this hobby and I am ABSOLUTELY in love with your work. I will patiently wait for the next opportunity. <3

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #5358 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 11:53:51 »
Just stopping by to say, I just discovered this hobby and I am ABSOLUTELY in love with your work. I will patiently wait for the next opportunity. <3
Beware. It gets very expensive quickly

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #5359 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 12:13:12 »
Any shipping updates?

Alright guys. Update time. Unfortunately, we had some unexpected delays for MomKollectiv sleeves/keychains. We just received half of the MomKollectiv stuff and the remaining units are currently in transit.

The invoices were initially sent out on the 10th and most were paid by the 11th. The order fulfillment window was set at 5-10 business days so that would put Oct. 24th as the deadline. Depending on when we receive the second half of the MomKollectiv shipment, there is a possibility that we may exceed the deadline by a few days.

Most of the orders have already been pulled and ready to go. Expect tracking information by the end of this week for most of the orders. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating the wait may be. As compensation for the delay, we have made more Lychee caps to increase the odds of winning one with the keychains.

In the event that you change your mind about your order, please let us know and we can issue a refund. In the meantime, please hang tight and we'll be updating the OP accordingly. Thanks for your patience and support!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5360 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 12:52:26 »
Any shipping updates?

Alright guys. Update time. Unfortunately, we had some unexpected delays for MomKollectiv sleeves/keychains. We just received half of the MomKollectiv stuff and the remaining units are currently in transit.

The invoices were initially sent out on the 10th and most were paid by the 11th. The order fulfillment window was set at 5-10 business days so that would put Oct. 24th as the deadline. Depending on when we receive the second half of the MomKollectiv shipment, there is a possibility that we may exceed the deadline by a few days.

Most of the orders have already been pulled and ready to go. Expect tracking information by the end of this week for most of the orders. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand how frustrating the wait may be. As compensation for the delay, we have made more Lychee caps to increase the odds of winning one with the keychains.

In the event that you change your mind about your order, please let us know and we can issue a refund. In the meantime, please hang tight and we'll be updating the OP accordingly. Thanks for your patience and support!

Thanks for the updates guys ;)

Hope all goes well!

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #5361 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 13:02:58 »
Any shipping updates?

Thanks for the update. Hoping for one of those lychee caps!

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #5362 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 13:34:30 »
As a lychee hopeful this pleases me.  Godspeed.
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5363 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 15:45:23 »
Any shipping updates?

Thanks for the update. Hope the rest of the momkollectiv stuff get to you guys safely :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #5364 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 08:10:23 »
    • Minor delay in MomKollectiv Sleeves/Keychain

As compensation for the delay, we have made more Lychee caps to increase the odds of winning one with the keychains.

Any chance of more Bitberries for sleeves also? :D

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
    • * Maker
    • GAF
    « Reply #5365 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 14:09:09 »

As compensation for the delay, we have made more Lychee caps to increase the odds of winning one with the keychains.

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the bitberry cap, we will not be making more for the giveaway :(

Though, if the delay exceeds our initial projections, we won't be opposed to casting a few more to compensate for the wait  :thumb:[/list]

Offline jjwax

« Reply #5366 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 14:48:26 »

Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the bitberry cap, we will not be making more for the giveaway :(

Though, if the delay exceeds our initial projections, we won't be opposed to casting a few more to compensate for the wait  :thumb:[/list]

You can delay my order if you want to throw a bitberry cap in there..... :)

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #5367 on: Wed, 19 October 2016, 14:57:19 »
        not worried about the delay at all, im just glad i made it in the sale haha  :)
        Realforce 87U

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
        « Reply #5368 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 15:35:37 »

You can delay my order if you want to throw a bitberry cap in there..... :)

Samez

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
          « Reply #5369 on: Sun, 23 October 2016, 04:37:56 »
          D: bitberrrry
          I love Elzy

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5370 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 09:30:31 »
          Yay! Tracking!  ;D

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
          • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
          « Reply #5371 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 09:31:12 »
          Yay! Tracking!  ;D

NEED SERVICE To see if I got it :eek:
          Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
          67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline jjwax

« Reply #5372 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 09:48:14 »
          Yay! Tracking!  ;D

Woke up to tracking today as well!  Super excited for my first KK win  :eek: :p :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #5373 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 09:57:54 »
          I saw you guys got the keychains in. What's the scoop on delayed orders with sleeves? Did those come in as well? Thanks :)

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #5374 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 11:47:37 »
          Will you be shipping out orders as they're fulfilled? Or are you going to be shipping everything out all at once?

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
          • * Maker
          • GAF
          « Reply #5375 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 12:42:13 »
          I saw you guys got the keychains in. What's the scoop on delayed orders with sleeves? Did those come in as well? Thanks :)

The remaining sleeves will be received today and we will be sending out the rest of the orders this week. Thanks for your patience.

Will you be shipping out orders as they're fulfilled? Or are you going to be shipping everything out all at once?

We will be shipping out orders in waves. We just sent out almost 50% of the initial orders this morning. Expect the remainder of the orders to go out within the next few days. Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline yowaffle

Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread: Snackeys: Fruit Reboot Shipping Now!
          « Reply #5376 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 13:13:20 »
          So excited for my first KK caps ^__^
          V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5377 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 13:49:11 »
          Very excited for my first SnackKey.  ;D

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #5378 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 14:06:15 »

The remaining sleeves will be received today and we will be sending out the rest of the orders this week. Thanks for your patience.

We will be shipping out orders in waves. We just sent out almost 50% of the initial orders this morning. Expect the remainder of the orders to go out within the next few days. Thanks!  :thumb:

<3
          « Last Edit: Mon, 24 October 2016, 15:04:24 by BAS1C »

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
          « Reply #5379 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 14:37:10 »

We are all in the same boat.  :)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #5380 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:44:34 »
          PO clerk be like "not these f'in guys again" when kudos and Koala roll up in a car piled full of small priority boxes  :))

Offline misconceit

« Reply #5381 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 10:08:02 »
          PO clerk be like "not these f'in guys again" when kudos and Koala roll up in a car piled full of small priority boxes  :))
          Never imagined it that way LOL
          HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
          HHKB Pro 2

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
          • * Maker
          • GAF
          « Reply #5382 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 10:21:11 »

Nah mayne. KK on that "schedule a pickup" regimen. USPS guy is like "I gotta haul this **** down 2 flights of stairs again?". Gotta make a nice Christmas card for him this year.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5383 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 10:24:42 »

Nah mayne. KK on that "schedule a pickup" regimen. USPS guy is like "I gotta haul this **** down 2 flights of stairs again?". Gotta make a nice Christmas card for him this year.

I get my mail lady coffee or chocolate every Christmas. I'm sure she's tired of hauling packages to my doorstep.

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #5384 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 11:03:19 »
          Thursday can't come soon enough!  :thumb:

Offline jjwax

« Reply #5385 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 12:21:27 »

Mine are coming on Wednesday, u jelly?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5386 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:28:38 »
          Favorite KK packaging (unopened) yet.

151245-0

(Sorry for ultimate tater.)

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
          • * Maker
          • GAF
          « Reply #5387 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:30:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5388 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:31:18 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Something keyboard-related.

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #5389 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:31:30 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

lmao great movie

Offline jjwax

« Reply #5390 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:45:13 »

Mine are coming on Wednesday, u jelly?

Karma is a *****, mine just got delayed until tomorrow :(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5391 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:26:45 »
          Okay, a little hectic at work, but I managed to open the box real-quick. And...keychain! Candy! Sticker! Invoice!
          But... But...no keycap... Not sure if I just didn't look correctly. I emptied the box completely; the key-chain doesn't open or anything, right? I squished it and didn't feel anything inside. It's super soft and well-made, however!

I'll look again for the cap, but I didn't spot anything and there are no rips/tears along the box either.

EDIT! HA HA HA! THE SNACKKEY IS WRAPPED IN A CANDY WRAPPER!!!

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
          • * Maker
          • GAF
          « Reply #5392 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:28:42 »
          Okay, a little hectic at work, but I managed to open the box real-quick. And...keychain! Candy! Sticker! Invoice!
          But... But...no keycap... Not sure if I just didn't look correctly. I emptied the box completely; the key-chain doesn't open or anything, right? I squished it and didn't feel anything inside. It's super soft and well-made, however!

I'll look again for the cap, but I didn't spot anything and there are no rips/tears along the box either.

Open the candy  :rolleyes:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5393 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:30:33 »

Open the candy  :rolleyes:

Ha ha, yeah, tried to do a snipe-edit. Came back to the desk and opened the candy. That's super clever. Love it. I'd take pics but a little busy 'round here; will upload later.

Gonna take a bite of one of the real candies, though.

PS
          These are really well made. Super clean butts.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
          « Reply #5394 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:32:06 »
          I thought the same thing for a second....  figured the MomK keychains shipped separately or something..haha!

but nope!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5395 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:37:38 »
          Oh, snap!!! I just opened the sealed wrappers and thought they were real candy but found more caps! How'd you reseal them?!
          Thanks for the extra caps, KK!

Just kidding; it's real candy.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
          • * Maker
          • GAF
          « Reply #5396 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:46:12 »
          Oh, snap!!! I just opened the sealed wrappers and thought they were real candy but found more caps! How'd you reseal them?!

Let's say that part of what made fulfillment take this long was wrapping these damn caps  :'(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5397 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:52:28 »

Let's say that part of what made fulfillment take this long was wrapping these damn caps  :'(

Yeah, there's a lot of work that went into presentation with these. You all did a fantastic job.

Also, for the record, my post above has small text.  :rolleyes:

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
          « Reply #5398 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:58:02 »

Yeah, there's a lot of work that went into presentation with these. You all did a fantastic job.

what did the cap candy wrapping look like?!? i wanna seeeeeeee

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
          • * Exalted Elder
          « Reply #5399 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 14:00:06 »

what did the cap candy wrapping look like?!? i wanna seeeeeeee

It's this one: