Author Topic: KeyKollectiv Thread: Booper X KeyKollectiv's Kosmonavt Sale - Shipped  (Read 1643175 times)

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
KeyKollectiv Sales Thread - e..e.e..
« Reply #6150 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:18:24 »
Heh. Some cool guy was selling topre kosmos on mm a few nights ago for $40 a pop. Not a typo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always happy to see people sell at retail. Can anyone give me a link to this thread so I can thank the guy?

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
Re: KeyKollectiv Sales Thread - e..e.e..
« Reply #6151 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:24:19 »
the kosmo was the first artisan that got me noticing artisans.  I hope for the chance to win one someday but if not, that's ok.  It's part of the fun!!  I'm 1 for 3 of kk raffles and I can say that my 1 lucky win means a lot more to me than if I could just buy whatever/whenever (if that makes sense).

Offline KnightDX

« Reply #6152 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:26:32 »
Heh. Some cool guy was selling topre kosmos on mm a few nights ago for $40 a pop. Not a typo.

Always happy to see people sell at retail. Can anyone give me a link to this thread so I can thank the guy?
It was this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5rdmhs/usmo_h_artisan_bundle_w_paypal/?st=IYQ9GHG7&sh=7f13fdfd , the buyer promised to never make a penny more on them should he sell them.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6153 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:28:11 »

It was this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5rdmhs/usmo_h_artisan_bundle_w_paypal/?st=IYQ9GHG7&sh=7f13fdfd , the buyer promised to never make a penny more on them should he sell them.

Yeah, that was definitely a surprise to see. All those caps going for less than what I've been seeing one kosmo go for. Really very nice of the person.
Biking is fun.

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #6154 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:28:43 »

Am buyer. Can confirm.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6155 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:35:08 »

Am buyer. Can confirm.

I am just jealous, that is an awesome score.
Biking is fun.

Offline Botha

« Reply #6156 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 14:46:44 »
The answer to speculations of a Kosmo v2/Reboot/Reissue
ask booper
Hype.

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #6157 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 17:00:11 »
So is everybody feeling pretty confident that e..e.e.. heralds the glorious return of kosmo? I'm fantasizing about what possible new color variants we could see. Green & black terminal colors? Perhaps a flubburt kosmo with a squishy visor?!

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #6158 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:10:40 »
So is everybody feeling pretty confident that e..e.e.. heralds the glorious return of kosmo? I'm fantasizing about what possible new color variants we could see. Green & black terminal colors? Perhaps a flubburt kosmo with a squishy visor?!

Easy, I can only get so excited.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #6159 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:21:19 »
David Bowie's death anniversary passed not too long ago. I wonder if we'll get an Aladdin Sane Kosmo.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #6160 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:44:39 »

I'll be impressed by sek1ne's guess if it really does turn out to be Kosmo.  I did not make the connection.

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #6161 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 19:11:09 »

I'll be impressed by sek1ne's guess if it really does turn out to be Kosmo.  I did not make the connection.

First thing I thought of with the spaces in the letters. It made me think of satellite static for some reason.

Eh or maybe it's just a koala.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6162 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 19:31:09 »

First thing I thought of with the spaces in the letters. It made me think of satellite static for some reason.

Could be anything. I've got no clue, really.
Biking is fun.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #6163 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 19:47:51 »
Sorry guys. For the sake of not further letting people down. As of now, Keykollectiv does not have plans to put out anything Kosmo related.

Whether or not it happens is completely contingent on Booper. We have the utmost love and respect for her and will only ever proceed with her blessing.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6164 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 20:29:11 »
It is nice to have firm answer even though wild speculation is fun.
Biking is fun.

Offline Koala-T

• KeyKollectiv
« Reply #6165 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 21:41:05 »

Space koala?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6166 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 21:45:02 »
Sorry guys. For the sake of not further letting people down. As of now, Keykollectiv does not have plans to put out anything Kosmo related.

Whether or not it happens is completely contingent on Booper. We have the utmost love and respect for her and will only ever proceed with her blessing.

Back to my original idea. It's a RegEx!

Offline Botha

« Reply #6167 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 21:46:04 »

Space koala?
Lol. MX or T?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6168 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 23:01:47 »
Not gonna lie, but I really didn't want to see the return of Kosmos.

I've always found them to be soo incredibly overhyped and stupidly priced. I just never liked them (can't please everyone :P), but I totally respect the design-- it's cool in its own right. Plus, Booper x KK was a sick collaborative effort.

However, given the last few reboot sales, I'm ready for something new and adorables!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #6169 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 23:17:51 »
Well whatever it is, my body is ready.

Offline Wylte

« Reply #6170 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 23:19:27 »

I've always found them to be soo incredibly overhyped and stupidly priced. I just never liked them (can't please everyone :P), but I totally respect the design-- it's cool in its own right. Plus, Booper x KK was a sick collaborative effort.

However, given the last few reboot sales, I'm ready for something new and adorables!
I joined the hobby too late to get a Kosmo, so for me a second chance would be a first chance.  They probably are overhyped, and I doubt even adding a second round to the market would help bring the prices back to Earth (sorry).
Definitely excited for whatever KK do though, new design or old!
JunkDrawer KeyCaps - Blank Experimentalist

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #6171 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 23:39:52 »

I joined the hobby too late to get a Kosmo, so for me a second chance would be a first chance.  They probably are overhyped, and I doubt even adding a second round to the market would help bring the prices back to Earth (sorry).
Feeling the same way. And hoping if there ever is a Kosmo reboot, the prices would go down. I just can't justify spending $300-350 on a single keycap. Doesn't make sense to me.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6172 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 00:57:56 »

Feeling the same way. And hoping if there ever is a Kosmo reboot, the prices would go down. I just can't justify spending $300-350 on a single keycap. Doesn't make sense to me.
I think the makers are trying to help drive them down. ETF doing a primarily Fugu raffle, Bambino is doing a Snapper raffle.

Kosmo is a different animal because it is a collab but I can see both sides of the spectrum. To the collectors it could devalue what they value it at. To people like me, and many others, it would be a chance for us to get one without spending $300+ or trading our whole collection.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #6173 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 01:08:22 »

I think the makers are trying to help drive them down. ETF doing a primarily Fugu raffle, Bambino is doing a Snapper raffle.

Kosmo is a different animal because it is a collab but I can see both sides of the spectrum. To the collectors it could devalue what they value it at. To people like me, and many others, it would be a chance for us to get one without spending $300+ or trading our whole collection.
Exactly. I'm in that same boat. I don't have some crazy clack or bbv2 to trade for anything I want so the only chance I have for getting some of these caps is shelling out $300+ which just isn't possible. Poor college student with a part time job :/

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6174 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 01:27:50 »
It sucks that you aren't able to actually get the caps you want, you're always in that predicament in this hobby. So many makers and caps to choose from. Eventually though, you're just sorta gonna have to get passed the idea of having that one cap or all of a certain design. It's too difficult in this hobby right now, especially if you do have lack of funding.

And really, by now given the amount of fugus/bros/clacks I've seen released over and over, the prices simply will not go down. So re-releasing more Kosmos wouldn't help the market ye? You'll only get something on the cheap if people don't like it or they are being generous folks.

Offline esplin2966

« Reply #6175 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 01:35:22 »
Gonna try my hand on decoding the secret message, which is "e..e.e..".

I'm guessing that "." is actually an empty space reserved for a letter. A quick dictionary search reveals the possible words:

eagerest
easement
edgeless
efferent
ephemera
ethereal

My money is on ethereal :)

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #6176 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 01:46:49 »
It sucks that you aren't able to actually get the caps you want, you're always in that predicament in this hobby. So many makers and caps to choose from. Eventually though, you're just sorta gonna have to get passed the idea of having that one cap or all of a certain design. It's too difficult in this hobby right now, especially if you do have lack of funding.

And really, by now given the amount of fugus/bros/clacks I've seen released over and over, the prices simply will not go down. So re-releasing more Kosmos wouldn't help the market ye? You'll only get something on the cheap if people don't like it or they are being generous folks.
Well yeah. You see someone selling at a reasonable price every so often. But the F5ers grab them before anyone else can. Oh well. I'm past the whole complain about prices crap (hopefully). I just keep entering raffles and hope to RNGeesus that I win.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #6177 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 03:14:46 »

I'm guessing that "." is actually an empty space reserved for a letter. A quick dictionary search reveals the possible words:

eagerest
easement
edgeless
efferent
ephemera
ethereal

assuming past colorways for kk sculpts always had some sort of ghost theme to them. I'm putting my money on your hunch as well.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6178 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 03:22:32 »

eagerest
easement
edgeless
efferent
ephemera
ethereal

assuming past colorways for kk sculpts always had some sort of ghost theme to them. I'm putting my money on your hunch as well.

Yeah, 3 words in that list have the same sort of feel. Edgeless, Ethereal and ephemera all give that same idea of formlessness or that could easily disappear.
Biking is fun.

Offline CallMeMaybe

« Reply #6179 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 08:04:15 »
Kosmo keycaps are the only reason I got into this hobby, so imagine my face when seeing the "price" on them. A rerelease would give us late comers a second chance at such a pretty key. I know I would jump at the chance, being a big space nerd and all. I cant even find a decent cosmo for sale, so if booper gives them a second thought I would die a happy pumpkin.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #6180 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 08:23:09 »

eagerest
easement
edgeless
efferent
ephemera
ethereal

Yup, ethereal is my guess!

Offline Botha

« Reply #6181 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 08:31:36 »

eagerest
easement
edgeless
efferent
ephemera
ethereal

Yup, ethereal is my guess!
Agreed!

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #6182 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 10:58:39 »
Hope to see u and booper will bringing Kosmo back.I just really like the design

And i hope to get in the next sale too , love to see adorable things

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6183 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:54:19 »
My favourite colourway from you guys is probably the oxblood from the topre modifier set. It's almost enough to make me want a hhkb.
Biking is fun.

Offline PerniciousPony

« Reply #6184 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:55:43 »

Exosphere is my favorite, her eyes are so pretty  :thumb:

Offline omgar

« Reply #6185 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:56:47 »
My favorite colorway is juicy. Juicy furt was the first artisan I ever won. :'(

Here's an oooold picture of it on my tex yoda.

Offline robotmaxtron

« Reply #6186 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:58:10 »
Favorite colorway is easily JUICY! I've got both a Frankenfurt and a Furt Reborn and they just match so perfectly to Miami. I can't get enough.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #6187 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:58:15 »
Not gonna be banking on winning, but I will say that Furtive is probably my favorite KK colorway!

I love my cyan keysets (Sky Dolch, Hyperfuse, Pulse) and Furtive never fails to look great with them.

Although the Exosphere Furt that's staring deep into my soul is possibly trying to make me change my answer...  :))

Offline Jpecina

« Reply #6188 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:58:55 »
I'd have to say the bloodlust is my favorite, mainly due to the fact that it's a deep rich red.

Offline Kominyetska

« Reply #6189 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:59:07 »
The EndoSphere Furt in the last sale is on my "have to own" list for sure and is my favorite KeyKollectiv colorway. So cute and love the colors! I entered, but didn't snag one, so I'll have to find someone to trade for it.

Offline Zackfoo

« Reply #6190 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 12:59:50 »
Juicy furt! Because that looks sweet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #6191 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:00:29 »
Juicy was my favorite colorway at first but furtive has since taken over the mantle of my favorite KK colorway. It's more subtle and matches a lot more with other keysets without over powering.

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #6192 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:01:49 »
Exosphere is my favorite because I'm into purple right now  :thumb:
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline BaronVonDuck

« Reply #6193 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:03:02 »
My favorite is ExoSphere! I like his dark eyes.

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #6194 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:06:01 »
My favorite color way is the endosphere. It has split personalities like my wife. :))

Offline Loft

« Reply #6195 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:06:16 »
Thanks for the contest!

Favorite Colorway: Juicy (http://i.imgur.com/7nkrT9g.jpg)
I've grown attached to my Miami keyset on my daily driver at work. I think the mix of teal/pink on this one is outstanding. Love it!

Good luck everyone :)

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #6196 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:06:37 »
Endosphere is my absolute favorite. I love pink caps and so does my kid :D

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #6197 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:08:40 »
Bianchi Celeste is my favorite colorway of them all and one of my favorite colors in general.

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #6198 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:09:55 »
Bloodlust is my favorite colorway. Goes well with beige or black keysets, among others.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #6199 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 13:12:36 »
Frozen Flame with sparkles!

Bring back the sparkles!  ;D