Author Topic: KeyKollectiv Thread: Booper X KeyKollectiv's Kosmonavt Sale - Shipped  (Read 1643161 times)

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
Re: KeyKollectiv Thread - Meowcaps V3 Sale is Live!
« Reply #6800 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 14:09:08 »
Congrats to all the winners! Can't wait to see some kitty paw-laden boards in the next few weeks.

Offline Cerana

« Reply #6801 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 14:16:25 »
Does that mean those that have been lurking and not posting in the thread have a lower chance of winning the raffle?

It means that you had an equal chance in the original raffle, but a slightly lower chance in the "re-raffle" (further raffling off slots that people have already cancelled/failed to pay invoices on).

Ahh I see. All's fair in keycaps and raffles. Thanks for the reply! I will be awaiting pics of everyone's boards with their Meowcaps.

Offline Overchecken8

« Reply #6802 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 14:24:52 »
Congrats to the winners. No luck in this or the ETF raffle. Hopefully I can trade for an Exosphere! That thing is amazing

Offline menuhin

« Reply #6803 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 14:46:21 »
No love from KK... )':

Noch nicht...
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #6804 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:08:42 »
No love from KK... )':

Noch nicht...

kommt noch, mein Freund! :)

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #6805 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:13:18 »

While I understand the reasoning behind this, does that mean those that have been lurking and not posting in the thread have a lower chance of winning the raffle? I'm kind of disappointed if that's the case :(. I've been watching the thread for a while and I am indeed a new fan, but it sounds like it'll be difficult to dip my toe into the community if the prerequisite is to have won a raffle already...

Regardless, congrats to the winners  ^-^

Hi Cerana, welcome to the KK thread, and to Geekhack as a whole!

Bummer you didn't make it into the sale. Don't get discouraged by taking a loss if you don't get to pick up an unpaid invoice. It takes most folks a few tries before they win in any artisan raffle.

In the meanwhile, there certainly is no prerequisite for participating in this thread! Stick around!  ;)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6806 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:21:39 »
Yay invoice! :D
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline swangful

« Reply #6807 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 16:56:48 »

Re-raffling still going on? :OOO

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #6808 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 17:38:33 »

Probably an unpaid invoice that was re-raffled

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #6809 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 17:51:43 »

Probably an unpaid invoice that was re-raffled

If I'm not mistaken, KK give people 48 hours to pay invoices so I don't think so - probably a dude who just saw his email! :)

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #6810 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 17:57:30 »
Uh oh wife will be sad cuz no invoice for me. Congrats for all the winner tho!
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:38:34 by jebbra »

Offline robbles

« Reply #6811 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 17:58:26 »
Paid up! Have they caps been made or will there be some wait before shipping for production time?
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline moonmaster

• big bumps, beautiful boards
« Reply #6812 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 18:04:50 »
Does that mean those that have been lurking and not posting in the thread have a lower chance of winning the raffle?

It means that you had an equal chance in the original raffle, but a slightly lower chance in the "re-raffle" (further raffling off slots that people have already cancelled/failed to pay invoices on).
Hmm. As an obsessive, and as an overanalyzer, I would think that my chances for getting a re raffle are lower given that I only asked for Topres. I would guess that folks who ask for Topres are more serious and more likely to not complete the purchase.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #6813 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:25:25 »

Hmm. As an obsessive, and as an overanalyzer, I would think that my chances for getting a re raffle are lower given that I only asked for Topres. I would guess that folks who ask for Topres are more serious and more likely to not complete the purchase.

That's not overanalytic, though not knowing the actual figures, I expect it to be as follows:

The interest in topre artisans is lower overall, but the people who sign up for them are less likely to pass on the invoices.  Unfortunately, inferring chance necessitates knowing the actual numeric information.

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #6814 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:29:13 »
Paid up! Have they caps been made or will there be some wait before shipping for production time?

We never sell what we don't have. Expect the first series of packages to go out this week.

This is my fourth time (I think?) entering a KK sale lottery, fourth time striking out.  I will definitely keep trying, but I have to admit that at least part of the reason that I don't post in this thread, or over on reddit, is because all I feel like doing is whining about having the worst luck, while others are showing off their collections. 

I'll definitely keep watching, and will probably try and try again, but it's really hard to be a fan of a product that you may never get a chance to buy.  I guess I could stalk the secondary market, but that would lead to more bitterness.  Just the perspective of a lurker who is a fan from afar.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that all invoices have now been sent out. Although there were roughly +50% more invoices than our usual orders, we regret that we couldn't get more out.

Despite the limit of 3 caps per person, there were only a handful that actually got invoiced for all three. This was intentional in order to distribute Meowcaps to as many people as we could.

For this sale, we observed a lot of new entrants. From our experience, new members tend to have a higher chance of cancellations/non-payment. As a rough estimation, it seems that only about 1/3 of the invoices were returning fans.

Why mention this? Well.. we want you guys to know that we are monitoring this thread. Those who were not lucky enough to get in will be given priority in the event that there are any cancelled orders. It's the very least we can do for the dedicated fans that have been camping this sales thread.

Of course this is no guarantee, but rest assured that we will do our best to redistribute any extra caps.

Congratulations to all who were able to secure a spot in the sale! We are truly honored and privileged to have your support. We hope to have these caps out as soon as possible. Personally, we haven't left the house in the past 3 days and it's time I get a little Persona 5 in before we go into full fulfillment mode. Thanks to all and have a good night.

I can understand the reasoning, it's just such a shame I would appear as a new customer because I haven't bought furts or the like, but I have spent hours upon hours tracking down v1 and v2 MeowCaps and paying way too much for them on the market.

I have been in a raffle maybe 4 other times, and each time paid the instant an invoice is given out, just not with you because I have a specific taste to my artisans (like most of us here), and from KK, the MeowCap is the only artisan I truly like, and it is the #1 artisan for me.

Looks like I'll be doing the same this time around paying $50 more per cap than if I had appeared as a return customer.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that all invoices have now been sent out. Although there were roughly +50% more invoices than our usual orders, we regret that we couldn't get more out.

Despite the limit of 3 caps per person, there were only a handful that actually got invoiced for all three. This was intentional in order to distribute Meowcaps to as many people as we could.

For this sale, we observed a lot of new entrants. From our experience, new members tend to have a higher chance of cancellations/non-payment. As a rough estimation, it seems that only about 1/3 of the invoices were returning fans.

Why mention this? Well.. we want you guys to know that we are monitoring this thread. Those who were not lucky enough to get in will be given priority in the event that there are any cancelled orders. It's the very least we can do for the dedicated fans that have been camping this sales thread.

Of course this is no guarantee, but rest assured that we will do our best to redistribute any extra caps.

Congratulations to all who were able to secure a spot in the sale! We are truly honored and privileged to have your support. We hope to have these caps out as soon as possible. Personally, we haven't left the house in the past 3 days and it's time I get a little Persona 5 in before we go into full fulfillment mode. Thanks to all and have a good night.

While I understand the reasoning behind this, does that mean those that have been lurking and not posting in the thread have a lower chance of winning the raffle? I'm kind of disappointed if that's the case :(. I've been watching the thread for a while and I am indeed a new fan, but it sounds like it'll be difficult to dip my toe into the community if the prerequisite is to have won a raffle already...

Hey guys,

We certainly understand the sentiment and feel that we owe you some clarification on these matters. First, after reviewing all Meowcap invoices, I can say that more than half of the orders went out to people who have had little to no involvement in our sales thread.

Of those orders, the majority of them were drawn from Reddit. Historically, these invoices tend to have a higher rate of cancellation/non-payment. The new fans may not know how raffle sales work or did not anticipate winning so a change of mind is natural. This is the inherent risk of RNG. Our preference in the matter do not play a role in the outcome.

With that said, we can appreciate the concern over the distribution of the re-raffle. From our experiences, we have also found a higher rate of cancellation/non-payment during the re-raffle phase. Most of these people have forgotten or accepted their losses. Logistically, it doesn't make sense for us to track down and remind potential buyers. Unfortunately, participation/activity in our GH sales thread or Mechmarket thread is our ONLY means of determining who is still interested.

We understand that this method is less than ideal but has proven to be most effective. As lurkers ourselves (at one point), it is disheartening to see more "vocal" members get preferences. Rest assured that your participation is always welcome and encouraged. If any of you guys are interested in reading more about our sale philosophy, feel free to read our blog post about it : here.

Exceptional work as always :) I can't wait to put these on my leopold! It won't look as good as your HHKBs though Koala ;-;

and just to plug something I recently finished for this sale: KeyKollectiv Catalogue
It's open to edits via suggestions to the public if anyone here wants to add better pictures or anything.

I know you guys have the imgur albums in the OP, but I figured it'd be helpful nonetheless to connect it with the other catalogues.  ;)

Thanks so much Bee! We've included your catalogue in the OP for reference if that's ok with you  :thumb:

Lastly, regarding the belief that Topre users having higher odds. Please keep in mind that we account for the lower numbers of topre users during production. Generally speaking our ratio of MX:Topre is close to 70:30. Because production is scaled, it is likely that distribution will not skew more favorably to Topre users.

Offline swangful

Re: KeyKollectiv Thread - Meowcaps V3 Invoices Out - Currently Shipping
« Reply #6815 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:32:35 »
Always humbling to see when artisan makers try their hardest to make everyone happy :(
I'm sure it isn't easy. With that said, I am definitely still interested in a strawberries and cream MX so....IF SOMEONE DOESNT PAY I WILL!

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #6816 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:51:23 »
Hey guys,

I can understand the reasoning, it's just such a shame I would appear as a new customer because I haven't bought furts or the like, but I have spent hours upon hours tracking down v1 and v2 MeowCaps and paying way too much for them on the market.

I have been in a raffle maybe 4 other times, and each time paid the instant an invoice is given out, just not with you because I have a specific taste to my artisans (like most of us here), and from KK, the MeowCap is the only artisan I truly like, and it is the #1 artisan for me.

Looks like I'll be doing the same this time around paying $50 more per cap than if I had appeared as a return customer.

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

We certainly understand the sentiment and feel that we owe you some clarification on these matters. First, after reviewing all Meowcap invoices, I can say that more than half of the orders went out to people who have had little to no involvement in our sales thread.

Of those orders, the majority of them were drawn from Reddit. Historically, these invoices tend to have a higher rate of cancellation/non-payment. The new fans may not know how raffle sales work or did not anticipate winning so a change of mind is natural. This is the inherent risk of RNG. Our preference in the matter do not play a role in the outcome.

With that said, we can appreciate the concern over the distribution of the re-raffle. From our experiences, we have also found a higher rate of cancellation/non-payment during the re-raffle phase. Most of these people have forgotten or accepted their losses. Logistically, it doesn't make sense for us to track down and remind potential buyers. Unfortunately, participation/activity in our GH sales thread or Mechmarket thread is our ONLY means of determining who is still interested.

We understand that this method is less than ideal but has proven to be most effective. As lurkers ourselves (at one point), it is disheartening to see more "vocal" members get preferences. Rest assured that your participation is always welcome and encouraged. If any of you guys are interested in reading more about our sale philosophy, feel free to read our blog post about it : here.

Exceptional work as always :) I can't wait to put these on my leopold! It won't look as good as your HHKBs though Koala ;-;

and just to plug something I recently finished for this sale: KeyKollectiv Catalogue
It's open to edits via suggestions to the public if anyone here wants to add better pictures or anything.

I know you guys have the imgur albums in the OP, but I figured it'd be helpful nonetheless to connect it with the other catalogues.  ;)

Thanks so much Bee! We've included your catalogue in the OP for reference if that's ok with you  :thumb:

Lastly, regarding the belief that Topre users having higher odds. Please keep in mind that we account for the lower numbers of topre users during production. Generally speaking our ratio of MX:Topre is close to 70:30. Because production is scaled, it is likely that distribution will not skew more favorably to Topre users.

Thank you so much for your timely responses and detailed answers - I'm sure you're extremely busy with the sale, etc., much gratitude for your hard work! The transparency and insight to the logistics aspect of this is really interesting, I'm sure all of us are extremely appreciative that you are sharing this information with us (as well as calming some of our nerves).

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #6817 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 19:53:41 »
My first KK raffle win and I can't wait to get those paws!

I appreciate the hard work Kudos and Koala-T. I know you two put a lot into your sales and it's tough to meet even a fraction of the demand. Your stuff is too good! Keep up the great work.

Offline Chaosti

• Plastic Enthusiast
« Reply #6818 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 20:16:07 »
KK, you guys are just amazing at addressing the concerns of the community through every single sale.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #6819 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 20:17:42 »
Thanks Koala-T!!

The important question now is: will there be more cancellations per person in the MX subset or the T subset (i.e. by ratio)?

:confused:

for what it's worth this is not actually a priority, just a curiosity - you guys are the best and have no obligation to entertain or respond to my stupid prodding questions

166190-0

Offline rustywok

« Reply #6820 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 20:39:21 »
While I've been using mechs for forever, I only caught the artisan bug the January. I've collected before but never through a raffle model. At first I was surprised at how disheartened people got and then I experienced losing out myself and it sucked. Finally I realized it's because the artisan caps are so great (and getting greater) and people want in on that. Making. Collecting. Both. Me too. I just won my first KK raffle. I think I struck out the first two KK times I tried. I can't remember. It's addictive, the chase. Surveying the field. Honing in on what you like and then the game is frakkin' on.

Two caps. Juicies. My 1st & 2nd picks. Juicy is a such a classic KK colorway, I couldn't resist. 

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #6821 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 20:53:11 »

We never sell what we don't have. Expect the first series of packages to go out this week.

This is my fourth time (I think?) entering a KK sale lottery, fourth time striking out.  I will definitely keep trying, but I have to admit that at least part of the reason that I don't post in this thread, or over on reddit, is because all I feel like doing is whining about having the worst luck, while others are showing off their collections. 

I'll definitely keep watching, and will probably try and try again, but it's really hard to be a fan of a product that you may never get a chance to buy.  I guess I could stalk the secondary market, but that would lead to more bitterness.  Just the perspective of a lurker who is a fan from afar.

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

I figured as much. I only meant that for the reraffle, I might have lower chances than someone else going for Mx. This was based on my speculation that Topre folks are more likely to pay their invoices than Mx folks. (because they are more likely to be seriously into the hobby and not just testing the waters).

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #6822 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:09:16 »
While I've been using mechs for forever, I only caught the artisan bug the January. I've collected before but never through a raffle model. At first I was surprised at how disheartened people got and then I experienced losing out myself and it sucked. Finally I realized it's because the artisan caps are so great (and getting greater) and people want in on that. Making. Collecting. Both. Me too. I just won my first KK raffle. I think I struck out the first two KK times I tried. I can't remember. It's addictive, the chase. Surveying the field. Honing in on what you like and then the game is frakkin' on.

Two caps. Juicies. My 1st & 2nd picks. Juicy is a such a classic KK colorway, I couldn't resist.

The bug is an easy one to catch but not one that anyone who is not deep into this hobby can understand. The salt that flows from missing out on a sale is real and even more so in email sales when you miss out on that super nice cap you were looking at because someone beat you to it by a millisecond. Even though I get weird looks when I tell people my cool spaceman keycap is worth more than my keyboard on the aftermarket, I still press on into this hobby. I know that one day I will be able to leave my kids behind a small collection of hand sculpted keycaps that have immense value to me and get them started in a hobby that goes deeper than any other I have ever seen, or they will probably just get rid of them when I'm gone and I'll turn in my grave.

Offline Nexg3nz13

« Reply #6823 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:22:10 »
No luck this time. Next time is my time. Maybe the re-raffle too. I believe in RNGesus.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #6824 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:23:25 »
I didn't get an invoice this time.  I haven't won a KK raffle yet.  This is getting hard.   :(

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #6825 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:27:25 »
I am not getting my hopes up for the reraffle but best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #6826 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:41:15 »
When I finally said to her I don't win the raffle  :)) :))

166216-0

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #6827 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:42:02 »
Congratulations to the folks that won.
Biking is fun.

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #6828 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 23:24:41 »
166218-0

Time to speculate further, does the kk mean keykollective or could it possibly be a clue? :-\

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #6829 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 00:15:49 »
Congrats to the winners!  Like many have said, it's cool to see the stats when Kudos posts them, it always blows me away at the amount of people interested in these caps.  And always great to see KK spreading the love <3
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6830 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 00:51:42 »

Of course :)

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #6831 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 00:58:03 »
Maybe I'll have better luck in the reraffle! gratz to all

Offline Botha

« Reply #6832 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 07:16:12 »
Reraffle hope. = )

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #6833 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 08:36:34 »
Congrats to the winners! First time entering and sad I didn't get in but that's the game, right? Also thankful to read the better explanations around the raffle "profiling". Good to hear the first raffle was fair and that they are just being more selective with the re-raffles. That said, I'm a simple man. I see an invoice, I pay it ;)

Offline khairolnizam

« Reply #6834 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 11:38:15 »
Well.
Now i know,  the next time im joining KK raffles, gonna put my GH account instead of reddit account in the form, for better chance.

Meowcaps v4 is gonna be better.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 11:40:56 by khairolnizam »

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #6835 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 11:42:50 »
Well.
Now i know,  the next time im joining KK raffles, gonna put my GH account instead of reddit account in the form, for better chance.

What makes you say that?

Offline Kudos

• Godspeed
  • * Maker
  • GAF
« Reply #6836 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:07:03 »
Well.

RNG isn't skewed toward one forum or the other. There were more people from Reddit who won, than GH. The chart below shows higher rates of Redditors winning because there were more Reddit entries.

Offline yowaffle

« Reply #6837 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:15:10 »
As a lurker of both, I always feel like I'm at a crossroads when asked to choose between reddit and gh as my preferred forum lol
V60 [MQC] | KC60 [Zealiostotles] | Leopold FC660c [Topre] |  Ducky Shine 4 [MX Brown] | MiniVan [Zealios]

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6838 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:32:31 »
As a lurker of both, I always feel like I'm at a crossroads when asked to choose between reddit and gh as my preferred forum lol

Given reddit by definition isn't a forum, it's of course meant as a trick question and there's only one right answer - GH!
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline KlarKuo

« Reply #6839 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:35:32 »

Lol dude it doesn't matter, put whatever you want

Offline swangful

« Reply #6840 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 12:40:47 »
Well.

RNG isn't skewed toward one forum or the other. There were more people from Reddit who won, than GH. The chart below shows higher rates of Redditors winning because there were more Reddit entries.

Show Image

I love all this data you provide. Always interesting to learn about these things. I found myself on reddit a lot mroe when I first got into MKs but as I dive deeper, I find myself on GH much more often.

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #6841 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:36:48 »
Well.

Show Image

I love all this data you provide. Always interesting to learn about these things. I found myself on reddit a lot mroe when I first got into MKs but as I dive deeper, I find myself on GH much more often.
Why don't you and KK and Geekhack just get a room? 😘😘😘

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #6842 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:38:06 »
Well.

Show Image

you all are pretty close together =)

Offline swangful

« Reply #6843 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:54:23 »
Well.

Show Image

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #6844 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:56:25 »
thanks for everything you guys do, KK!

looking forward to giving my keyboard some kitty fives!
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 April 2017, 13:58:58 by shinz0 »

Offline kaidaizhao

• thock thock thock
« Reply #6845 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 16:18:45 »
Maybe another day. RNG god off to a bad start for me...
Never enough Key Caps

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #6846 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 21:19:57 »
Quick question is the shipping notification going through the paypal invoice?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6847 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 22:09:07 »

Yep, paypal will email you when it ships.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #6848 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 22:12:15 »

Yep, paypal will email you when it ships.

Thank you for constantly replying to my questions. I think its been like 3 this week =)

Offline robbles

How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.