Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 369759 times)

Offline locxu

Original position is better, it make your keyboard unique.

Offline ShovelScum

I would say on the compass, it is better set to point to NE/SW.
Like the name suggests, I am the ScumBag who rides a Shovel through this landfill.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
New 1U badge versions featuring Redsun's Red Samurai and Blue Samurai (IC ongoing) are here:

Offline doralikesmath

Eagerly waiting for the Space65 CV and will definitely join the group-buy for the Think6.5 with 2U badge

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
The 1U compass will adopt this design on the right.

Offline Scucka

Instant buy for me

Offline Nvr_Smile

New 1U badge versions featuring Redsun's Red Samurai and Blue Samurai (IC ongoing) are here:

Show Image

That looks great, can't decide which setup looks better. Eagerly awaiting the GB.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

That looks great, can't decide which setup looks better. Eagerly awaiting the GB.

Thanks! Have some deskmats designed by Fannie and the keyboard prototypes should be out next week or so.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
deskmat sneak peek! Full render and prototypes coming soon :)

242837-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 May 2020, 02:52:16 by oldcat »

Offline Anj

Love the CatThink artisan design, wish there was a badge option for it! Would prefer it over the normal bulb.

Offline enjoidis

Is there any way you can do a 2u badge ISO render? I didn't see one, just the black/red 1u ISO.

Offline Frostbyte

Damn, so sailboat badge is out? I absolutely loved the sailboat badge and sailboat on the back edge. Is that still planned to be there?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
CatThink Deskmat designed by @66fannie99

Offline Tilted Toast

Any chance for an option to not have a badge at all?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Any chance for an option to not have a badge at all?

Thanks.
When R1 Think6.5 happened I opted to offer a no badge version, but it turned out not many chose that option. Given the 1U badge version functionally acts very much like a no badge version and received roughly 50% of the votes, I feel it is unnecessary to provide a no-badge version this time.

Offline pott

I quite don't get the corner badge being MUCH larger than the key row, aesthetically. But the partial blocker looks absolutely great!
I would love a no-badge option too but well, I guess that's part of the design creed here.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I quite don't get the corner badge being MUCH larger than the key row, aesthetically. But the partial blocker looks absolutely great!
I would love a no-badge option too but well, I guess that's part of the design creed here.

Thanks! Will unveil the locking mechanism for the 1U badge soon, it will be fun!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
One more image of the 2U board under dim light with the cool GMK Hammerhead:

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Thanks! Will unveil the locking mechanism for the 1U badge soon, it will be fun!

Hey cat do you have a price estimate yet? Or is that still a ways off?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Updated on the first post - expect it to be <350 for aluminum version. More precise price quotes from the factory should come out this week or so.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Updated on the first post - expect it to be <350 for aluminum version. More precise price quotes from the factory should come out this week or so.

Oh man that sounds nice, we shall see. I need a lightweight board because I'm not allowed to carry heavy things and I need a travel board. Plus this might be the only board with blockers I'd consider.  ;D

Offline DennyTwist

Re: [IC] Think6.5 R2: '2020'
« Reply #571 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 15:01:49 »
Agreed! Should keep it original. Better to not keep delete and enter to close either :P

I prefer original placement. It makes it unique from all the other boards out there and I like that separation from the arrow key cluster.

I don't really care if it's themed around anchors, I just don't like the inclusion of '2020'

Would love a PC version for sure.

Offline 808San808

I loved my original Think, I'm in for this one for sure.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I loved my original Think, I'm in for this one for sure.

Thanks! Some updates from factory regarding prototyping will share soon!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
5/20/2020: Some parts (top pieces) of the prototypes are partly done.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!

Are those the mounting points for the gasket?

Offline musicgecko

looks solid, hopefully colors next :D

Offline reaLFX

Any plans for hotswap pcb?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!

Hey yes, and the gaskets we will be offering are injection molded, they will have a locking system to the plate too.

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!

Hey yes, and the gaskets we will be offering are injection molded, they will have a locking system to the plate too.

That is most excellent news I will be awaiting prototype information and pics  :thumb:

Offline asianfork

• Alice
Really excited for this to come out! Will there be an option to buy the different coloured badges? And is there also going to be a hotswappable option like last time too?

Offline Scucka

Really excited for this to come out! Will there be an option to buy the different coloured badges? And is there also going to be a hotswappable option like last time too?
no hotswap

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Hey most likely there will be colored badges - currently based on poll it will be lightbulb (default), and compass (option).

No hotswap so you might need to deal with Mill Max 7305 if you want it hotswap

Offline tuantruong

Neat keeb!
Sorry if I missed the info, but would the black polycarbonate be offered in the GB? Keep telling myself I only need one endgame board. :p

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Neat keeb!
Sorry if I missed the info, but would the black polycarbonate be offered in the GB? Keep telling myself I only need one endgame board. :p

Hey! There will not be black poly this time around, but regular frosted poly will be available

Offline Shutter_Shock

Does anyone know the weights of the PC and aluminum v1 boards?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Don't recall the measurements out of my head, I have a half-PC half-alu prototype on hand that I will measure for you.

Offline Shutter_Shock

Don't recall the measurements out of my head, I have a half-PC half-alu prototype on hand that I will measure for you.

Much appreciated! I’m really interested in PC. I know it’s pretty soft and scratch prone though. I do a lot of academic writing in libraries, and I want the think v2 to be the board I take in my backpack with me. I’ll keep it in a padded case, but I’m trying to weight the pros of the lower weight with the cons of scratch-ability. I also don’t have a PC board and they look super cool, so that’s a strong pro as well.

Offline Shutter_Shock

Also sorry if this was already mentioned, but has PCB color been discussed? I feel like it might have been mentioned but it’s a big IC, and I couldn’t find it.

Offline Roddin

omg. the deskmat is superb. dat cat's gonna be a big distraction while gaming. lol. i'm definitely putting in an order for both.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Probably the last poll I do regarding the design, which is related to the 1U badge design - whether we add chamfers to aesthetically separate the badge from the top case, here is the comparison, what do you think? Vote here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/oldcat87/2315269047624658513/

Will have to note that both will have RGB backlighting diffused from under, I forgot to render for the left one sorry.

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 May 2020, 13:43:41 by oldcat »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Personally I think (see what I did there) the separated version stand out better
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline beekey

Probably the last poll I do regarding the design, which is related to the 1U badge design - whether we add chamfers to aesthetically separate the badge from the top case, here is the comparison, what do you think? Vote here: https://www.instagram.com/stories/oldcat87/2315269047624658513/

Show Image

Show Image

Chamfer looks better. Maybe also less error prone regarding the tolerances.  But what do I know. :)

Offline azzipa

Chamfer IMO

Offline LordOwen

Absolutely, that chamfer adds a lot more.

Offline Shutter_Shock

Chamfered definitely

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
For the comparison image, I need to note that both will have RGB backlighting diffused from under, I forgot to render for the left one; sorry...
In essence, they will be identical except the chamfers.

Offline VictorVallecano

Chamfers variant for sure.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Here you go, note that I only have the prototype (half PC half alu) on hand, and this is the weight:

Offline theside123

when gb start?