Author Topic: What does the WASD "CODE Mechanical Keyboard" look like with normal WASD keycaps  (Read 1217 times)

Offline nrd

(I faintly remember that geekhack used to have a WASD vendor forum, but I can't find it?)

Anyway, here's the question: What does the backlighting of this keyboard look like if you put their normal custom keycaps on?

I figure the LEDs would shine through but would it be enough to make the legends readable? Or would it be too much and just look crappy? Does anyone here own a CODE keyboard and some of their normal caps and could even provide pictures? That would be great.

I put some doubleshot ABS caps (pretty thin Taihao) on my QFR and you can't see the light through the Caps Lock or Win Lock keys. I put a couple on the Code and it was the same deal. Holding them up to the sun just now, no light shines through the top.

The thin Keycool PBTs let some light through but looked terrible.

Can't say for certain about WASD's normal caps...I could dig up the QFR's stock caps which are stupid thin and try them out.
The keepers: 660C/Blank 660M/Blues

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
I find that imsto PBT works very well over backlights.

The material diffuses the light very well, allowing lots through ,but not blinding you like most "clear" backlit keycaps give.