Author Topic: CM Storm NovaTouch TKL Available for Purchase  (Read 36588 times)

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
Re: CM Storm NovaTouch TKL Available for Purchase
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:09:35 »
So... now that they are here and after all the hype... who is ACTUALLY buying one from this forum???

Even though this is the price I was expecting, I was hoping for it to be a little less expensive. Not because I think it is not worth the price, but because I would have liked to have seen a very competitively priced Topre keyboard (we have already seen CM make very good Cherry MX keyboards that were relatively inexpensive).

On the other hand. You could also argue that it is priced similarly to other Topre keyboards, without demanding a premium for that unique feature it has. Still wont spend that much on a keyboard without getting some more feedback about its quality.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:26:13 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline dante

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:22:20 »
So... now that they are here and after all the hype... who is ACTUALLY buying one from this forum???

I will buy one once Ivan's potential POM keycap gb meets MOQ.

I'm already budgeting for two of Matias 60% boards; no desire to pick up a NovaTouch unless I can get those POM POM's.

Offline osi

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:24:06 »

Not me --- at least not just yet. I'll wait for the reviews to roll in!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:35:38 »
I am for sure....will be having it delivered to my new address in a few weeks. I'll do a comparison bw it and my other topre boards after I've had a good amount of time on the novatouch.

Also...lol at everyone complaining.  Newly designed topre boards are few and far between. In fact, the 660c was the only real majorly redesigned topre board to come out in the last few years.  Innovation is a good thing and the novatouch truly is an innovation in topre boards.  Innovation doesnt come cheaply and the price of being an early adopter is high. If you think the novatouch is priced too high then find another commensurate topre board to buy....o wait...but those mx sliders.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:40:57 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jameslr

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:41:23 »
I'll have to wait until my wallet heals from the severe hacking it got from the Duck Eagle/Viper group buy.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline skuko

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 07:54:28 »
any word on EU availability? :X

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:32:02 »
Thanks for posting AND including a coupon code! :thumb:

This looks awesome. I am drooling thinking about how my GMK Dolch set will look on there, or if I swap the sliders to my RF 55g :eek:. It is only a matter of time before I grab one. :p
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jameslr

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:34:43 »

This looks awesome. I am drooling thinking about how my GMK Dolch set will look on there, or if I swap the sliders to my RF 55g :eek:. It is only a matter of time before I grab one. :p

In the event you swap the sliders to your RF, where will you get a 6x spacebar?

Offline Demetrium

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:42:25 »

Still on the fence myself...pretty tempted though.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:47:27 »

In the event you swap the sliders to your RF, where will you get a 6x spacebar?

Not certain. I can always leave a topre slider with the stock black spacebar. Should still look nice with the Dolch.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:53:35 »
Cherry MX stem compatibility, boys.  The keycaps nerds will buy this up, no problem.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:02:18 »
Honest opinion here:

I believe the board has a lot of potential for someone who deeply wants to pimp it out. But with such a high price tag i believe the board starts with an handicap. Stock, you get a "cheap" Topre experience for the price of a normal one.

Even with the great lightning options presented in videos, which are flashy yet pretty useless things, or even stupidly for careless users (read here, if you have that "when i press a key it stays light up for 2 seconds then fade away" option, whenever you type in a password you are blatantly unconciously exposing it to anyone near you), you still get a cost saving "économie de bout de chandelle in french which would translate as "candle tip economy" but the expression might not be the same in english" board.

If the MX boards (not MX compatible but real MX boards) are on the same price tags, those are completly out of mind. Sorry, but that would mean they are not selling a Topre board at MX prices, but MX boards at Topre prices.

All in all :

After modification with it's potential unleashed, it should come out as better than other Topre experience. (300$ + option)

Without modification, this is a stupid purchase. For a stock board this is pretty fkin pathetic for 200$ lol
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline coreXeon

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:07:22 »
I'll wait for a 55g one.
Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja - Cherry MX Black | Blackwidow 2012 - Cherry MX Blue | Steelseries 6GV2 - Cherry MX Black | Ergodox - 62g Ergo-Clears (WIP)

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:26:03 »
If I weren't spoiled by silenced Topres, I would think more seriously about buying this. Great concept, though as far as the keycaps go.

Offline snipars

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:37:32 »
I'm not sure if everyone knows but if you want to order it from the site rather than waiting for it to get on amazon and whatnot, there's a code 'Survey10' that'll get you 10% off 
Does anyone know if it'll be available in ISO? I'm not too keen on the ANSI layout but i can definitely live with it
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:39:41 »
I'm not sure if everyone knows but if you want to order it from the site rather than waiting for it to get on amazon and whatnot, there's a code 'Survey10' that'll get you 10% off

Already mentioned in the first two posts of this thread.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:41:21 »
Does anyone know if it'll be available in ISO? I'm not too keen on the ANSI layout but i can definitely live with it
Looking back at Matt3o's prototype photo, it looks like it will be.

photo credit: Matt3o
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline snipars

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:43:15 »

Already mentioned in the first two posts of this thread.

Oh yeah sorry i somehow missed that :(
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:47:40 »
Honest opinion here:

I believe the board has a lot of potential for someone who deeply wants to pimp it out. But with such a high price tag i believe the board starts with an handicap. Stock, you get a "cheap" Topre experience for the price of a normal one.

Even with the great lightning options presented in videos, which are flashy yet pretty useless things, or even stupidly for careless users (read here, if you have that "when i press a key it stays light up for 2 seconds then fade away" option, whenever you type in a password you are blatantly unconciously exposing it to anyone near you), you still get a cost saving "économie de bout de chandelle in french which would translate as "candle tip economy" but the expression might not be the same in english" board.

If the MX boards (not MX compatible but real MX boards) are on the same price tags, those are completly out of mind. Sorry, but that would mean they are not selling a Topre board at MX prices, but MX boards at Topre prices.

All in all :

After modification with it's potential unleashed, it should come out as better than other Topre experience. (300$ + option)

Without modification, this is a stupid purchase. For a stock board this is pretty fkin pathetic for 200$ lol

You realize this board has no LED's whatsoever right?

Offline snipars

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:49:40 »
Any ideas as to when it'll be for sale anywhere other than the CM website?

Offline sacratoy

• Twitch
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:11:19 »
Any ideas as to when it'll be for sale anywhere other than the CM website?

This was a soft launch, probably, due to how they just kinda opened the page with no further advertising.

This board was hyped pretty hard at PAX East this past spring. They may go for a harder marketing push during Prime this year.

For what they did at East: They had a pretty large booth area, and a good part of it was computers with Novatouch keyboards set up with typing games.

Also, if there are coupon codes at Prime, they may be pretty good discounts (20% sometimes). I'll probably make a post in 'off-topic' to share the coupon codes I collect at Prime.
Poker II

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:45:34 »
GG

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:47:55 »
GG

Show Image

Too bad those guys can't ever make time to post here.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:51:48 »
I wonder if the 200 is a place holder price that they put.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:54:07 »
I wonder if the 200 is a place holder price that they put.

I bet CM was 'testing the waters' :D

Offline zah

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:55:00 »
GG

Show Image

Too bad those guys can't ever make time to post here.

Dang

I had ordered one too

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 12:05:58 »
Honest opinion here:

All in all :

hahahahahahaha really?

But didn't they show some LED action in a video earlier on? I mean this is very sad if there's no LEDs at all... That was the whole point of the board BEFORE the MX stem compatibility, they mentionned it had an ARM chip inside the board making the backlite more versatile.

If there's no LED this is a serious scam for 200$. Get a Leopold 66 instead and you'll have a way better board IMO

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 12:12:29 »
Honest opinion here:

All in all :

hahahahahahaha really?

But didn't they show some LED action in a video earlier on? I mean this is very sad if there's no LEDs at all... That was the whole point of the board BEFORE the MX stem compatibility, they mentionned it had an ARM chip inside the board making the backlite more versatile.

If there's no LED this is a serious scam for 200$. Get a Leopold 66 instead and you'll have a way better board IMO

I think you have the NovaTouch mixed up with the Rapid-I

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:18:06 »
Honest opinion here:

All in all :

hahahahahahaha really?

I think you have the NovaTouch mixed up with the Rapid-I

Indeed. I'm pretty sure they were presented in the same video and that's why i am confusing them right now.

Novatouch is now officially a product i will not further recommend or hype.

Especially for 200$ that's a total scam for some stupid stem. Function is always over aesthetics, and if you seriously pay 200$ for a board that only offers above average aesthetic capabilities (which you should note comes with cheap keycaps and so you must spend even more for it to somewhat look nice) than it's not worth it in my very honest opinion.

It might change if it turns out being very good, but for that price tag i'd go type heaven for a inexpensive Topre experience.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline jameslr

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:28:14 »
Indeed. I'm pretty sure they were presented in the same video and that's why i am confusing them right now.

Especially for 200$ that's a total scam for some stupid stem. Function is always over aesthetics, and if you seriously pay 200$ for a board that only offers above average aesthetic capabilities (which you should note comes with cheap keycaps and so you must spend even more for it to somewhat look nice) than it's not worth it in my very honest opinion.

It might change if it turns out being very good, but for that price tag i'd go type heaven for a inexpensive Topre experience.
I'm confused. Were you only recommending / hyping the board because you thought it had LEDs? I don't see why everyone's so butthurt over the price. It's $200 for a Topre board with decent aesthetics and aftermarket cap compatibility. That is THE major selling point of this board, IMO. In that aspect it delivers 100%. Yes, you can get a Realforce with PBT caps for around the same price, but if you prefer GMK doubleshots (and if you do $200 is nothing to you, most likely) then you'll happily fork out the $200 so you can use your premium ($150 / set) caps. It sounds like this board wasn't for you to begin with. I don't see why you're bashing it.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:43:38 »

I'm confused. Were you only recommending / hyping the board because you thought it had LEDs? I don't see why everyone's so butthurt over the price. It's $200 for a Topre board with decent aesthetics and aftermarket cap compatibility. That is THE major selling point of this board, IMO. In that aspect it delivers 100%. Yes, you can get a Realforce with PBT caps for around the same price, but if you prefer GMK doubleshots (and if you do $200 is nothing to you, most likely) then you'll happily fork out the $200 so you can use your premium ($150 / set) caps. It sounds like this board wasn't for you to begin with. I don't see why you're bashing it.

You are right, i am being mean to something i have not tested. As a resonable person i admit i wrote too harsh at first.

It's just that i made myself some expectations as usual. There was the hype train as usual with the new content comming and i've always liked CM myself. I was glad to hear about the birth of a new board concept at first and i was very glad that since CM is usually making good bang-for-your-buck device, they would make the Topre experience more available at a competitive price.

But i won't lie to you; todays revelation, if they are final, are totally out of mind versus what i expected. I tought we had an inexpensive MX keycap compatible Topre board with LED backlite which would have been a total revolution imo, but it seems like it's totally out of what i expected.

I was recommending the board for an upcomming release that would shatter the current reality of "oh you want Topre, you gotta bet full price you'll like them cause you can't go with much boards and they're all expensive as fkk". Seems like not. I know for sure tough that this board will come in MX version, which if they are same price, that'll be a total scam.

Anyway, what respectable 200$ boards have ABS keycaps or rubber finish?? I can't recall right away... even the Poker II has very strong PBT caps for half the price!

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline jameslr

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 13:55:03 »
You are right, i am being mean to something i have not tested. As a resonable person i admit i wrote too harsh at first.

It's just that i made myself some expectations as usual. There was the hype train as usual with the new content comming and i've always liked CM myself. I was glad to hear about the birth of a new board concept at first and i was very glad that since CM is usually making good bang-for-your-buck device, they would make the Topre experience more available at a competitive price.

But i won't lie to you; todays revelation, if they are final, are totally out of mind versus what i expected. I tought we had an inexpensive MX keycap compatible Topre board with LED backlite which would have been a total revolution imo, but it seems like it's totally out of what i expected.

I was recommending the board for an upcomming release that would shatter the current reality of "oh you want Topre, you gotta bet full price you'll like them cause you can't go with much boards and they're all expensive as fkk". Seems like not. I know for sure tough that this board will come in MX version, which if they are same price, that'll be a total scam.

Anyway, what respectable 200$ boards have ABS keycaps or rubber finish?? I can't recall right away... even the Poker II has very strong PBT caps for half the price!

To be honest, the only CM product I use and enjoy is the QFR. I don't really care about the rubberized coating (I know I'm in a minority on this one). It looks ok, and it's well built. The best thing it had going for it was price, as the thing was on sale pretty much constantly throughout its life. Am I a little disappointed with the price? Yeah, a little I suppose. Will I end up buying one? Probably, but I'll wait for coupon codes / rebates to make it more palatable to my budget. If I had $200 just laying around and it was available right now, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Do I need another keyboard? Not really, but I collect them as do most people on this site.

It has never been about practicality to me, nor to many other people here. It's about the feels! Right now Topre is my favorite feels and I want to try a new feeling with different caps and different profiles.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:06:21 »

To be honest, the only CM product I use and enjoy is the QFR. I don't really care about the rubberized coating (I know I'm in a minority on this one). It looks ok, and it's well built. The best thing it had going for it was price, as the thing was on sale pretty much constantly throughout its life. Am I a little disappointed with the price? Yeah, a little I suppose. Will I end up buying one? Probably, but I'll wait for coupon codes / rebates to make it more palatable to my budget. If I had $200 just laying around and it was available right now, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Do I need another keyboard? Not really, but I collect them as do most people on this site.

It has never been about practicality to me, nor to many other people here. It's about the feels! Right now Topre is my favorite feels and I want to try a new feeling with different caps and different profiles.

Yea it's true that the MX compatible stem will bring a much larger selection of keycaps available on your board to use with Topre. That's nice i have no tought of that. New feels, yeah, more testing possibilities.

Tests can be done, Tests must be done. For with no Tests there is no survival.

Just like you said i also do not have much CM products, just my case (the Storm Scout first edition) some fans and a water cooling, had some friends got the QFR and the not-normal TKL with a numpad with arrows in it (pretty cool unique design) but the fkin caps are always crappy as crapity crap. They shine SUPER fast even faster than the Corsair K70 i had.

I don't know how possibly wrong it went for the price tag to be 200$. Like seriously, it's the first 200$ CM product i've ever heard of!

I don't know, i just feel like they'll try to sell the "new capacitive switch" just to make a money hit with the board. I believe THEY believe they can convince people to get the board just because the switch is a success in other boards, blinding users from other important things like the keycap material. I agree there has to be a tradeoff somewhere, but if you pay 200$ you should expect 200$ worth of equipment.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline jameslr

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:18:07 »
I don't know how possibly wrong it went for the price tag to be 200$. Like seriously, it's the first 200$ CM product i've ever heard of!

I don't know, i just feel like they'll try to sell the "new capacitive switch" just to make a money hit with the board. I believe THEY believe they can convince people to get the board just because the switch is a success in other boards, blinding users from other important things like the keycap material. I agree there has to be a tradeoff somewhere, but if you pay 200$ you should expect 200$ worth of equipment.

You're seeing the result of licensing technology from a third party (Topre). They (Tokyo Press) have a vested interest in keeping their product valuable, and to not be cheapened by large manufacturers. Much like Leopold and Fujitsu license the technology to produce the Topre boards they make. Are either of those cheap? Nope, they're not. Topre's getting their money and so is CM, and we're the ones paying the price because it's what we asked for. Nothing went wrong with it, it's just how niche products work. And if this product doesn't sell (due to perceived lack of value) they won't make a 55g board that "everyone is waiting for". They'll just liquidate their stock to cut their losses and move on.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:26:53 »

You're seeing the result of licensing technology from a third party (Topre). They (Tokyo Press) have a vested interest in keeping their product valuable, and to not be cheapened by large manufacturers. Much like Leopold and Fujitsu license the technology to produce the Topre boards they make. Are either of those cheap? Nope, they're not. Topre's getting their money and so is CM, and we're the ones paying the price because it's what we asked for. Nothing went wrong with it, it's just how niche products work. And if this product doesn't sell (due to perceived lack of value) they won't make a 55g board that "everyone is waiting for". They'll just liquidate their stock to cut their losses and move on.

I understand but you see, Leopold Topre boards are above average worth the price tag imo. Thick PBT, usually very standard design or flawless design (the 66 keys is imo the nicest design that appeared lately, They finally understood only Insert and Delete are required from the terminal cluster nowaday) and good finish.

I don't know for fujitsu.

Anyway, else check HHKB; OG Sun layout, fkin high quality board, high quality keycaps, even added a somewhat useless usb hub but that's just extra...

Anyway, i strongly believe Leopold or HHKB boards delivers for their price tags, and from what i've seen from CM reccurent flaws on their boards, i do not believe they are up to the 200$ price tag challenge. They have forever been budget boards, selling as "gaming" devices which the "gaming" tag is clearly a marketting hit.  Don't get me wrong, i like them and i would like that to be a success, but i think they are heading in the wrong direction from what we have witnessed today.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:34:13 »
Found this picture on Reddit:

You're*. Sorry, just had to.  :p

I guess it's confirmed that release will be on Sept. 22.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline jameslr

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:45:12 »

PFU-Fujitsu makes HHKB Pro 2. From looking at the teardown pics of the Novatouch it is just as high quality as Realforce boards in a sleek, modern package (understated aesthetics, low profile case, no frills).

The things I'm looking forward to with the Novatouch that few people seem to notice / acknowledge:
  • New stabilizers (better design than current Topre IMO)
  • Media functions (volume, mute, etc)
  • Removable USB cable (ever replaced an attached cable for Realforce? Good luck finding one less than $50)

The biggest of those features IMO stands to be the stabilizers, but I wouldn't discount the removable USB cable because replacing a built in cable sucks to put it plainly.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:46:42 »
Found this picture on Reddit:

Show Image

You're*. Sorry, just had to.  :p

I guess it's confirmed that release will be on Sept. 22.

lol

>>Sept 22nd
>>No Novatouch available
>>Geekhack rages
>>r/mk rages
>>Deskthority Rages
>>Unites into creating mighty Thick PBT Topre Realforce Titanium TEX lubbed Fullsize programmable mechanical transformer with 55 Terragramme MX cannon of doom with onboard trackpoint running Microsoft Windows 98
>>"THE MIGHTY NOVATOUCH SHALL BE, CM MUST REPENT FOR ITS SINS"
>>CM respond "Novatouch will be delayed no matter how powerful your technology is"
>>Epic fight of doom near Tokyo CMZilla versus DeskHack-Doombringer
>>World is destroyed
>>No more mechanical keyboard.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:49:50 »

PFU-Fujitsu makes HHKB Pro 2. From looking at the teardown pics of the Novatouch it is just as high quality as Realforce boards in a sleek, modern package (understated aesthetics, low profile case, no frills).

The things I'm looking forward to with the Novatouch that few people seem to notice / acknowledge:
  • Removable USB cable (ever replaced an attached cable for Realforce? Good luck finding one less than $50)

The biggest of those features IMO stands to be the stabilizers, but I wouldn't discount the removable USB cable because replacing a built in cable sucks to put it plainly.
Have you had to replace one before? I thought they were pretty safely tucked away inside the case.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:50:23 »

I've had no problem with the Topre stabilizers (or lack thereof), but I imagine it could be different with the MX stems.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 14:52:54 »
I've had no problem with the Topre stabilizers (or lack thereof), but I imagine it could be different with the MX stems.

I haven't either, but this could lead to smoother feels.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 15:04:23 »
Well, it novatouch becomes available *everywhere* around €150 or less, kinda like Razer or SteelSeries boards, it's a filco/realforce killer. It looks decent, should feel good and sound… not too loud. It can only gain from the hype built by Atwood around the WASD/Code, because WASD/Code is nearly impossible to get outside NA.

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:05:58 »
Hi everyone,

Just to clarify - this was a mistake on our e-commerce end and was not supposed to go live. There is no product currently available and we are truly sorry for this mistake. This was a simple 'fat finger' of prepping the product information and unfortunately it did not go as intended.

As our way of appreciating those that jumped at this offer:
For those that wish to keep their orders that are already placed, we will give them priority service, free shipping, and a free gift (CM Storm backpack) for the inconvenience.

If you wish to cancel your order, you will receive a full refund.

The choice is yours. We're sorry for the inconvenience but this was truly a mistake. While we understand that it does affect our customer, we understand the reason for this incident was not malicious in any way.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:09:41 »
Hi everyone,

Just to clarify - this was a mistake on our e-commerce end and was not supposed to go live. There is no product currently available and we are truly sorry for this mistake. This was a simple 'fat finger' of prepping the product information and unfortunately it did not go as intended.

For those that wish to keep their orders that are already placed, we will give them priority service, free shipping, and a free gift (CM Storm backpack) for the inconvenience.

The choice is yours. We're sorry for the inconvenience but this was truly a mistake. While we understand that it does affect our customer, we understand the reason for this incident was not malicious in any way.

So $199.99 is definitely the price then?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:38:59 »
It can only gain from the hype built by Atwood around the WASD/Code, because WASD/Code is nearly impossible to get outside NA.

WASD itself ships worldwide, as does Massdrop, where the CODE appears regularly.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 18:17:47 »
It can only gain from the hype built by Atwood around the WASD/Code, because WASD/Code is nearly impossible to get outside NA.

WASD itself ships worldwide, as does Massdrop, where the CODE appears regularly.
Indeed. About $60 (!) shipping to the Czech Republic, then add import tax and posts' handling fee. Oh, and let's not forget about the fact that keyboards sold within EU have 2-year warranty as required by law.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 18:20:17 by davkol »

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 23:55:22 »
Hi everyone,

YGPM

Topre REALFORCE

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:10:12 »
Hi everyone,

okay, now im sad that I didn't place an order haha. great customer service from CM  :thumb: oh and I hope that price was also a mistake :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:15:34 »
Reading these threads makes me seriously feel like Realforce are paying people to bash this thing.

Never before have I seen an innovative product bashed so hard even though it has a competitive price.

Yeah, yeah the other Topre boards have dyesubs. Who. Gives. A. ****. It's like $20 dollars more than the lasered FC660 for crying out loud and people had no problem buying those.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:24:35 »
Reading these threads makes me seriously feel like Realforce are paying people to bash this thing.

Never before have I seen an innovative product bashed so hard even though it has a competitive price.

Yeah, yeah the other Topre boards have dyesubs. Who. Gives. A. ****. It's like $20 dollars more than the lasered FC660 for crying out loud and people had no problem buying those.
I think it is because people were hoping for type heaven cost, not leopold fc660c cost. And if I remember correctly, all the CM employees kept throwing around $150-180 as a estimated cost of the board.