Author Topic: [GB] ESPECTRO  (Read 68849 times)

Offline Chimera

Re: [GB] ESPECTRO 96 - 30/50 MOQ - GB Ends March 20th - NEW COLOR & BRASS PLATE!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 14:16:51 »
Is the underglow built into the PCB or the case, or do we have to buy LEDs?

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
Re: [GB] ESPECTRO 96 - 30/50 MOQ - GB Ends March 20th - NEW COLOR & BRASS PLATE!
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 15:20:43 »
Hey guys, been so busy with Pearl that had forgotten to chime in. Dave always makes excellent products and he doesn't fail to deliver on whatever he sells. He's sold just about any form factor out there. I helped design this board, and it was made with lots of love. Made sure the same aspects of Pearl went into it, such as slightly sunken in caps, very tight bezels and engravings in the rear side. Then Dave sleeked it up into something new and exciting. Glad to see it past halfway MOQ, its going to be a beautiful board once made!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 16:08:37 »
I know its going to be asked is the optional brass plate a addon or replacement? If we order the brass plate will it replace the standard plate included?

Offline JMD

• All we want is happiness.
    • Mech Keys
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 17:10:40 »
I know its going to be asked is the optional brass plate a addon or replacement? If we order the brass plate will it replace the standard plate included?
No it will not. You will be shipped 2 plates. This is why I also added a secondary pcb option, to facilitate this. That way, you can have two different builds for one Espectro :)
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 19:36:10 »
What color plate comes with the board?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 20:39:54 »
No it will not. You will be shipped 2 plates. This is why I also added a secondary pcb option, to facilitate this. That way, you can have two different builds for one Espectro :)

Thanks what I was hoping to hear cause now thinking going to juggle things around. Build two plates 1 case so I can switch between Tactical and Linear switches when I want. Also I narrowed down what case I am going to get. I am just waiting on money now!!! Glad to see MOQ is doing so well thought. I am super hyped for this build and even more hyped knowing the designer of Pearl helped with it. I loved he 40% they did just yea.. 40% is not for me.

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 20:51:02 »
What color plate comes with the board?
Whatever color you choose for the case. It will match that.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 27 February 2018, 22:27:24 »
do you have an idea of the weight of the brass vs standard plate?

if you get the extra pcb with the brass is it like a hot swap? like swap one pcb/plate for the other?

sorry if the last question seems silly - never built before.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 00:22:20 »

Thanks what I was hoping to hear cause now thinking going to juggle things around. Build two plates 1 case so I can switch between Tactical and Linear switches when I want. Also I narrowed down what case I am going to get. I am just waiting on money now!!! Glad to see MOQ is doing so well thought. I am super hyped for this build and even more hyped knowing the designer of Pearl helped with it. I loved he 40% they did just yea.. 40% is not for me.

Where can I get some of those Tactical switches?  :p

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 01:50:09 »
Espectro is now retailed by zFrontier - if you're from China, feel free to place your purchase with zFrontier.

D
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 02:43:24 »

Where can I get some of those Tactical switches?  :p

I think Cherry Makes them.. yea Black.. Stems Black housing... can't get much more tactical... thought we could make the housing of the switch out of Kevlar maybe? Then we could add some silencing to them... o wait Cherry Silent Blacks... hmm! you know more thinking about this Cherry missed the boat.. could have totally marketed silent blacks as Tactical switches... charged a fortune :P... but yea my bad! haha thinking want to go one PCB with Silent blacks and the other with Clear's. I had a set of clear's on a Pok3r and hated the board.. and ended up hating the switches so I kinda like to revisit them. Also I already have like 3 board's sporting box blacks so I wanted something different "chuckles"

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 04:06:30 »

Where can I get some of those Tactical switches? 

I think Cherry Makes them.. yea Black.. Stems Black housing... can't get much more tactical... thought we could make the housing of the switch out of Kevlar maybe? Then we could add some silencing to them... o wait Cherry Silent Blacks... hmm! you know more thinking about this Cherry missed the boat.. could have totally marketed silent blacks as Tactical switches... charged a fortune :P... but yea my bad! haha thinking want to go one PCB with Silent blacks and the other with Clear's. I had a set of clear's on a Pok3r and hated the board.. and ended up hating the switches so I kinda like to revisit them. Also I already have like 3 board's sporting box blacks so I wanted something different "chuckles"
Hmm now you got me thinking about my switch choice. Either kailh jaids, hako trues, or -ealios. I've got a board with zealios and I love the switch. But this is such a nice board I might want to do something different.  Sometimes I hate choices. There are so many of them!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 28 February 2018, 06:06:19 »
Espectro is now retailed by zFrontier - if you're from China, feel free to place your purchase with zFrontier.

D

Lol, Dave. When I get a day off this week I’m placing my order.  ;)

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys

D

Lol, Dave. When I get a day off this week I’m placing my order.  ;)
No rush, we have 3 more weeks :)
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
do you have an idea of the weight of the brass vs standard plate?

if you get the extra pcb with the brass is it like a hot swap? like swap one pcb/plate for the other?

sorry if the last question seems silly - never built before.
I do not have the weight of the brass. And if you get the extra plate/pcb - it's not a hot swap, because you will have to unplug it from your desktop/laptop in order to unscrew the polycarb base, and the old pcb/plate before screwing in the new.

However, all you need is a philips head screw driver in order to screw it together, or disassemble.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
Do you have a picture of the possible layouts? similar to this?

Offline nuclear_wizard

I think I've bugged you about this at least twice before on the Reddit posts about this GB, but any update on whether or not we can mix plate and case colors? I think I would have already been sold on this if I could get that purple with cyan plate render on the sales page.

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
I think I've bugged you about this at least twice before on the Reddit posts about this GB, but any update on whether or not we can mix plate and case colors? I think I would have already been sold on this if I could get that purple with cyan plate render on the sales page.
I concur

Offline Carlobv

I also wanted to double check on the dimensions.  You said they were on the site, but I can't find them - can you point me in the right direction?

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
I can do that for you, and anyone else. All I will need is a follow up email with the desired plate color so I can add it to the spreadsheet.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
I also wanted to double check on the dimensions.  You said they were on the site, but I can't find them - can you point me in the right direction?
My apologies - thought it had updated.

FRONT TO BACK - 138MM
LEFT TO RIGHT - 382 MM
TOP TO BOTTOM (VERTICALLY) 30 MM
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
Espectro Order Tracking. Please click this if you are interested in seeing what others have ordered - or if you have ordered, and want to make sure everything on the list is accurate. This list is updated daily, feel free to check back often.

https://tinyurl.com/yc588jmd

Surprise Giveaway. Once 50 orders are committed - someone's name will be drawn to win a KEYFORGE - LORD OF CINDER SHISHI.

Looking at Mechmarket - estimated resale / retail value is $350 USD.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 03:44:50 by JMD »
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline long_qt_pie

Other than the Brass/PCB add on, is there another way to addon an extra plate/pcb?  Also if we're adding on some zealio's, are they going to ship with the board?
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
Other than the Brass/PCB add on, is there another way to addon an extra plate/pcb?  Also if we're adding on some zealio's, are they going to ship with the board?
Zealios will ship with the board yes. If you want a second plate / pcb just shoot a message and I will sort you out.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

Zealios will ship with the board yes. If you want a second plate / pcb just shoot a message and I will sort you out.

How much would a second plate and pcb be? I am guessing fair bit cheaper then the brass? I am wanting a second plate Sadly i don't think I can get a brass plate =/..

Offline Trousers

Re: [GB]ESPECTRO 96 + Zealio Switches - GB Open!
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 15:36:03 »
I'm sure you mentioned an EU proxy for this on Reddit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I will be establishing that connection with David from mykeyboard.eu shortly - it's a bit late yes, but I am going to work on making that a reality!

Is there any possibility of this still happening?

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys

How much would a second plate and pcb be? I am guessing fair bit cheaper then the brass? I am wanting a second plate Sadly i don't think I can get a brass plate =/..
Send me an email - I will help you out with the brass plate.
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

Sent you a message thought Mechkey's website I hope thats the right way. Thanks for the help this has been amazing group buy. I felt I could really buy with confidence and look forward to hearing back from ya about the plate. I really want to build one board with Tactile Switches thinking clear's and another with linear switches

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys

Sent you a message thought Mechkey's website I hope thats the right way. Thanks for the help this has been amazing group buy. I felt I could really buy with confidence and look forward to hearing back from ya about the plate. I really want to build one board with Tactile Switches thinking clear's and another with linear switches
Enjoying serving you all <3
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline long_qt_pie

Is it possible to have 3 1u keys to the right of the spacebar or is the PCB flexible enough that I can assign one of the 1.5 to a FN key
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline tanvir175

Joined! That purple case got me and it's design is so sleek and nice. I couldn't say no. First 96-key board. Very excited!

Offline Baconheart

Is it possible to have 3 1u keys to the right of the spacebar or is the PCB flexible enough that I can assign one of the 1.5 to a FN key

Both are possible. Dave's assembled one with the 3x 1u keys, and the PCB runs QMK so you can reprogam any key to basically anything you want.

Offline John McCormick

gimme

Offline long_qt_pie

Think we just hit 50!

Offline JMD

• Mech Keys
Think we just hit 50!
We sure did. I'm updating spread sheet as soon as this is posted =)
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline HotRoderX

woot woot MOQ is meet thats great news!

Offline tanvir175

That case is stunning. Surprised it took this long to reach MOQ. Happy to be 1 of the 50+ though. Decided to use GMK Laser on this instead of the S65-X.

Offline Carlobv

Just curious, do you know if the green matches the TA royal alphas?

Offline HotRoderX

Just curious, do you know if the green matches the TA royal alphas?

I am not sure if this will help but it should be the same green color as the Mechmini 2's thats why I picked the Emerald Green my self. its just so rare to see Green cases in general.

Offline Vloshko

I'm stricken with the color dilemma as well  :-\

Keycap sets I regularly switch between:
Laser (will be added to rotation), Nautilus, Pulse, Skeletor, The Bro Set, and Troubled Minds.

Case Colors:
Purple - Leaning this way. Due to visualizing with the above sets it might add too much purple to most of them though.
Royal Blue - Tempting, but might conflict too much with most sets listed above... maybe not. I can visualize most of the sets on it in my mind with the case colors, but against the Purple it's a difficult choice.
Black - Best option for key-set variety, but I'm trying to persuade myself to choose a different color, due to everything I own being black and I'm sick of every spec of dust and other debris showing up on it.

Thoughts team?

« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:12:30 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline long_qt_pie

I think the purple would look great with Troubled Minds, Skeletor; Laser might be a little over-purple, but with the right, bright artisans and pink mods/spacebar could look pretty sweet.  Not sure how Nautilus would do with purple, but would look schwheat with the royal blue (same with skel).  Silver is also a good neutral.

Honestly, my .02 is that the purple proto looks awesome, not often do I see a purple I really like... so I'd go with that. 

I'm putting Godspeed on my board so I'm going with silver, but I have been extremely tempted to get a 2nd... purple or red for some chocalatier :D

Offline Vloshko

I appreciate your 2 cents. After much visualizing, spreadsheets, and crayon drawing I will be going with Purple.

As for the Laser, thankfully there is a render of it on the purple Pearl(?) over at https://mitormk.com/s00n/ looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:47:50 by Vloshko »
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline long_qt_pie

Wow, I love the way that looks, such an iridescent purple... much like the proto

Offline Keebmeupscotty

Looks awesome and a very reasonable price. Have 2 questions:
1. How would I request assembly as I see some have and how much does it cost?
2. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the bottom of the case? Looks awesome, but I'd kind of like to see a pic of the base just for a glimpse of the material that I'm not very familiar with in cases, since it will have some bearing on the sound and sturdiness of the case in general.
Thanks for offering this up! I look forward to joining if I can get at least the first question answered!

Offline Carlobv

Offline Keebmeupscotty

Wow, not sure how I missed that. Thanks!

Offline tanvir175

I appreciate your 2 cents. After much visualizing, spreadsheets, and crayon drawing I will be going with Purple.

As for the Laser, thankfully there is a render of it on the purple Pearl(?) over at https://mitormk.com/s00n/ looks pretty good.

The purple color and the design of the case is pretty much why I joined this GB. Laser will be going ALL over this.

Offline helix999

2. Is there any chance you could post a picture of the bottom of the case? Looks awesome, but I'd kind of like to see a pic of the base just for a glimpse of the material that I'm not very familiar with in cases, since it will have some bearing on the sound and sturdiness of the case in general.

This, please. If possible some pics of the underside would be great.

Offline scp

Does this board support ISO (UK QWERTY) layout?

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
Does this board support ISO (UK QWERTY) layout?
Yes