Author Topic: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (GB CLOSED)  (Read 205109 times)

Offline coffeeshopcoder

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 20:15:37 »
Would love if the Japanese legend modifiers had icons as well, to help non-japanese speakers ?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 20:36:57 »
Would love if the Japanese legend modifiers had icons as well, to help non-japanese speakers ?
I don't think adding icons to everything would look right. I could add side printed English onto some keys but it can start looking messy very quickly.

There are a few combinations to consider for the mods.
Japanese main text
Japanese main text with English sideprint
Normal icon mods
Icon mods with Japanese sideprint

After I do some more work and finish some mock up kits, I'll be opening up another Google form.
The idea at the moment is to have an essentials kit, a standard mod kit, a Japanese mod kit, ISO and Ortho.

Essentials will have alphas, F-row, number pad and arrows and the mod kit will cover everything else. The reason I want to do it this way is because people tend to have lots of leftover keys and having to buy a full base set + Japanese mod kit would mean even more redundant keys.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 October 2018, 23:34:22 by gok101 »

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 23:31:10 »
Awesome. Can't wait for the gb

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 00:02:49 »
Here is a peek at what I've been working on for the Japanese modifiers kit:
Show Image

Please note that it hasn't been finalised yet and the above only shows part of the kit.

uhmm...yes plz
;D

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:48:42 »
This is currently how the main sets are looking in terms of scope:
Essentials kit
Standard mod kit
Japanese mod kit

To cover what you you'd expect from a epbt set with good compatibility, you would need to get the Essentials kit + one of the mod kits. These still need to be finalised but the overall scope is there.
This would also mean that it would be slightly cheaper to fill a 40% ortho board.

I've been told by Wei that molds(not sure if this is the right term but may have been lost in translation) are being made by epbt to facilitate reverse dyesubbing. Because of this and to keep the costs down, the ortho kit won't have any accents apart from the spacebar which can be done using a full dye process.

I will be working on the ISO and ortho kit next to finalise the scope and then get back to tweaking the base and Japanese modifiers kits.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2018, 02:15:44 by gok101 »

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 12:05:26 »
Essentials kit
Standard mod kit
Japanese mod kit

To cover what you you'd expect from a epbt set with good compatibility, you would need to get the Essentials kit + one of the mod kits. These still need to be finalised but the overall scope is there.
This would also mean that it would be slightly cheaper to full a 40% ortho board.

I've been told by Wei that molds(not sure if this is the right term but may have been lost in translation) are being made by epbt to facilitate reverse dyesubbing. Because of this and to keep the costs down, the ortho kit won't have any accents apart from the spacebar which can be done using a full dye process.

I will be working on the ISO and ortho kit next to finalise the scope and then get back to tweaking the base and Japanese modifiers kits.
Amazing progress

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 13:20:36 »
Essentials kit
Standard mod kit
Japanese mod kit

This would also mean that it would be slightly cheaper to full a 40% ortho board.

Amazing progress

Was just about to say this haha

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:15:58 »
Japanese main text please

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 14:29:39 »
Am I the only one that can't see the essentials kit?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 15:03:33 »
Am I the only one that can't see the essentials kit?
Sorry, I posted on mobile and accidentally capitalised the url. Should be fixed now.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 15:40:11 »
Very excited for this set!

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 18:48:55 »
Nice.

The more I look at this set, more I want it. Just take your time to go to GB so I can have the money :D

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 19:10:45 »
 :thumb:

I'll be in for essentials + japanese mods, but hoping this drops post-holidays to recover some purchasing stamina.

Offline bakageta

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 20:10:53 »
JP mods look amazing, definitely in. I'm with EightDiagram, really hoping this drops after the holidays.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 20:37:03 »
JP mods look ballin. Excited for this now.

Offline joe405

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 01:16:30 »
Is it possible to get 40% compatibility? Or does epbt not have the mould for r3 1.25u?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 02:16:53 »
Is it possible to get 40% compatibility? Or does epbt not have the mould for r3 1.25u?
If you read up a bit, I have outlined what my upcoming plans are for the set.

Offline joe405

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 05:01:32 »
Might have missed something but I believe you only mentioned ortho and ISO compatibility? I was referring to 40% staggered compatibility
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2018, 05:03:15 by joe405 »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 14:12:30 »
Might have missed something but I believe you only mentioned ortho and ISO compatibility? I was referring to 40% staggered compatibility
Oh I see what you mean. I'm not sure about minivan support. Would need to see if epbt have those molds but it seems to be even more niche than the planck.

Offline tehbuffcow

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 18:01:16 »
40% minivan would be amazing!:) Size needs some lovin'.
They're actually getting more common nowadays, maybe you could check that out!
If it really can't be done, in place legend-specific compatibility keys for minivan layouts, maybe have other symbols on those keys so non-minivan users might be inclined to get them as well, just a thought!

Anyways thanks for working on this set design, really hope it makes it to GB phase!
Have a soft spot for jap legends on off-white/white.
I'd be down for base for the essentials, jap mods and 40/60% comp kits :) cheers!

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 23:41:27 »
So happy with the progress of this. I am 110% in!

I am in two minds about the Jap mods vs standard. There are things I like about both kits.

Maybe more icon mods with Jap sub legends?
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 01:56:54 »
So happy with the progress of this. I am 110% in!

I am in two minds about the Jap mods vs standard. There are things I like about both kits.

Maybe more icon mods with Jap sub legends?
I was thinking about that. A lot of people were interested in the Japanese sub legends but I didn't wan't to have a 3rd mod kit.
People seem to be pretty happy with the Japanese mod kit but I might add some side printed or sub legends to the standard mod kit.
After I finish rest of the kits, I'll open up a google form about some of the options that I have mentioned in this thread.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 03:13:00 »
Added a new google form to the original post regarding the International ISO kit.
Here is a link to it as well: https://goo.gl/forms/Pipti9oHWcFMYGGD3

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 04:16:45 »
Added a new google form to the original post regarding the International ISO kit.
Here is a link to it as well: https://goo.gl/forms/Pipti9oHWcFMYGGD3

voted for overlapping. Makes best sense and the least work for you trying to fit everything in :) The looks will be awesome IMO :eek:

Thank you thank you for doing this :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2018, 04:19:32 by RETURNISO »

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 04:29:40 »
Instead of the Menu key as nobody uses :)), can you do a extra novelties 1.25 with ごじら  ( Gojira )  :p

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 05:07:32 »
Instead of the Menu key as nobody uses :)), can you do a extra novelties 1.25 with ごじら  ( Gojira )  :p
I won't be adding any novelties aside from the main logo as there are already a lot of keys.
The menu is staying because it is a standard key and I see people using it once in a while.

On another note, a 40% ortho kit has been added.

Offline yap68

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 05:57:43 »
If the main and sub legends can be dyesubbed thinner and sharper, I don't mind they are all black especially with jp mods, this should be a classic. The quality of dyesubbing is my only concern.

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:06:18 »
I am so ready for this🤤

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:24:02 »
I won't be adding any novelties aside from the main logo as there are already a lot of keys.
The menu is staying because it is a standard key and I see people using it once in a while.

No worries, just a gimmick side note :)

Again looking very forward to this!  :thumb:

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 09:17:09 »
Yep, totally in for this.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 12:41:10 »

Although a Gojira novelty key would be sick  :)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 12:43:18 »
If the main and sub legends can be dyesubbed thinner and sharper, I don't mind they are all black especially with jp mods, this should be a classic. The quality of dyesubbing is my only concern.
I'll be looking at this closely. For BoW, I was never sent a dyesubbed sample but I'll be asking for one this time. Hopefully the issues of blurriness isn't inherent on all light coloured caps.

Offline MKBGeek

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 13:46:16 »
I'm in for this!

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 15:57:26 »

I hope OP is ok with this. just a reference for fun :)) but here is something to Sleep on;)

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 October 2018, 15:59:33 by RETURNISO »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 16:54:17 »

I hope OP is ok with this. just a reference for fun :)) but here is something to Sleep on;)

Show Image

All good, though I think it should be ゴジラ rather than ごじら.

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 18:15:09 »
When Gok started working on this set I suggested. 'Saiyajin' as a novelty. Everyone peer pressure into making him offer it :P
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline EightDiagram

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 07:54:11 »

Show Image

+1 for ゴジラ

skeeEEEEronk!

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 08:34:30 »

Show Image

This is amazing

Offline rumlyne

• ortho, ergo, ertho?!
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 08:57:49 »

Show Image

This is amazing
I second this

Insert Signature without plastics

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 11:09:55 »
Will definitely buy this set if only to show my support for EnjoyPBT and dye-sub PBT keycaps in general.

To be honest, I would much prefer this having gray modifiers, aka a crispier and better-designed version of this set from KPRepublic, which fit my desire for a non-beige dye-sub PBT with Japanese sublegends but also made me wish for better printing, thicker material, and tighter QC.

That newly-added Japanese mod kit though :eek: Just wow. Definitely interested. Please launch soon.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 12:43:27 »

Show Image

Yes for sure! ゴジラ all the way, and i also know that its properly not possible to dye-sub something like the above graphic haha..

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 18:04:44 »
Will definitely buy this set if only to show my support for EnjoyPBT and dye-sub PBT keycaps in general.

To be honest, I would much prefer this having gray modifiers, aka a crispier and better-designed version of this set from KPRepublic, which fit my desire for a non-beige dye-sub PBT with Japanese sublegends but also made me wish for better printing, thicker material, and tighter QC.

That newly-added Japanese mod kit though :eek: Just wow. Definitely interested. Please launch soon.

Show Image

I have that set too. Typing on it now. Quality isnt there is it :(

I vote NO to grey modifiers. Uniform colour add's to the cleaness of the set, and there are already a variety of sets with Alpha/mod contrast. The black/white reverse dye sub novelties also fit so nicely with the set and having grey mods would make the set too busy imo.

Having said that if it was cost effective to offer the option I wouldnt oppose it. But if push came to shove I'd prefer the universal white.

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 00:03:18 »
I wish black esc and enter key can be included in the essential kit. Since for those who has bow already, an essential kit would be enough.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 02:24:39 »
I wish black esc and enter key can be included in the essential kit. Since for those who has bow already, an essential kit would be enough.

Well there are 2 stylized R4 keycaps in the Essential Kit. At any rate, OP said the white pantone will be different to that of the previous BOW set, so I doubt mixing-and-matching those would turn out that swell.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 October 2018, 11:37:48 by nguyenhimself »

Offline equalunique

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 07:45:51 »
I'll budget for:

2* Essentials Kit
1* Japanese Mod Kit
1* 40% Ortho Kit

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 23:05:28 »
Because the results from the Google survey were heavily lopsided, I decided to close the form and just finish the first mock up for the kit.
I have added it to the original post and you can also find it here.

Next up, I'll be looking at the Standard and Japanese modifiers kit again to make sure that I'm happy with the legend placement and size. I am also going to look what I can do with regards to sublegends on the Standard mods.

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 23:32:15 »
Instant buy for me.

Offline Nzo

• wish I was back in CA
« Reply #97 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 23:39:29 »

Show Image

Have you looked at this?

https://kbdfans.cn/collections/cherry-profile/products/pre-orderenjoypbt-black-japanese-dye-sub-keycaps

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 00:23:30 »
Definitely in for the essentials and mods set! Looking forward to this set immensely.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 02:13:23 »
Because the results from the Google survey were heavily lopsided, I decided to close the form and just finish the first mock up for the kit.
I have added it to the original post and you can also find it here.

Next up, I'll be looking at the Standard and Japanese modifiers kit again to make sure that I'm happy with the legend placement and size. I am also going to look what I can do with regards to sublegends on the Standard mods.

:eek: :eek: :eek:  :thumb: