Author Topic: No Love for TKL in Canada?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Jmaverick

No Love for TKL in Canada?
« on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:27:55 »
Hi all,

Hoping someone has an idea as to where I can get a Filco or Leopold TKL in Canada. I know EK ships, but I refuse to pay shipping that is 30% of the board cost.

Others have told me to send to a friend in USA from Amazon. But this still seems expensive shipping wise.

I don't like the excessive branding on the Quickfire, otherwise I would be buying that.

Any other way to get one of these in Canada?

Thanks

Offline Namkung

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:31:54 »
No.
* Proud winner of the first GH SC2 tournament *
REALFORCE 87UB 55g
REALFORCE 87UW 45g

Offline bbbbqq

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 19:33:43 »
ducky

Offline duncan

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 07:49:56 »
Put a WTB (Want to Buy) entry into the Classifieds here on GH and you might be happily surprised at what your fellow Canadians might have that they are willing to sell you.

I get stuff shipped from keyboardco.com in the Uk to Australia a lot cheaper than EK's shipping so do have a look at that.

I am not sure what you consider 'too expensive' for shipping but if you want something new then you may need to simply accept that things are what they are and accept shipping as part of the price of living where you live. Those of us outside the US just have to accept the world is what it is for some things.

Realforce 86UB || HHKB P2 || FILCO MT 87 Blues || FILCO MT 87 Browns || FILCO MT 87 Ninja  Blacks || Poker X Reds

Offline Vyr1s

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 08:10:13 »
Well depending where you are located in Canada, you can ship to the US and pick it up.
We leave 5-10mins from the border and can be down and up in under an hour.
As such we have an account with a company that accepts packages for us which we can pick up.

Mitigates shipping by 90% most of the time.

Offline patrickgeekhack

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 08:25:09 »
Canadians are very negatively affected by shipping cost regardless of how you look at it.

Offline Surly73

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 10:51:20 »
I ordered my Filco from PCHome when they had a shipping special.  Despite the declared value the package seemed to avoid customs fees (brokerage and taxes) even though I've never had a package from the US avoid fees.  I could have just been lucky, or it could have had something to do with the use of EMS (get it there quick instead of holding it up) or the fact that it was coming from overseas and not from the US.

Everything else I have has been from the dumpster or the GH classifieds.  Post a WTB and camp the classifieds until you see something you like, unless you don't have the patience for that :)

Offline Warduke

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:32:25 »
Quote from: Jmaverick;528648
I don't like the excessive branding on the Quickfire, otherwise I would be buying that.

I would ask you to reconsider the QuickFire. The branding really isn't that bad. The quality is top notch and the price can't be beat.
Unicomp Customizer 104 - Rosewill RK-9000 - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - CM Storm QuickFire Stealth -
Pok3r

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:37:47 »
or Buy a QF and dip the case in some plasti-dip or get some Vinyl or Carbon fibre wrap and put it on the case. problem solved!

Offline Jmaverick

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:39:41 »
Yeah, I am seriously considering the QF considering it is half the price of everything else. Just have to wait for the browns to show up.

@ Warduke + Ahlitah: Do you do any gaming on the blues?

Offline naranja

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:41:28 »
Quote from: Ahlitah;529979
or Buy a QF and dip the case in some plasti-dip or get some Vinyl or Carbon fibre wrap and put it on the case. problem solved!

has anyone done this before?

Offline Ahlitah

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 28 February 2012, 19:44:23 »
Yep, check out thread on OCN on this. Don't know if linking is allowed to OCN or I would post the link.

I don't have blues yet. I have a QF ordered from DirectCanada and plan on putting on some Carbon Fibre wrap, I got for cheap on ebay.

I hope there better then browns, I didn't like the Browns at all on my Rosewill.