HPE's hand-wired 60%
12 (38.7%)
TheVengeance's Compboard
10 (32.3%)
Simonyunhe's TF77 Star Wars edition
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: Thu, 14 July 2016, 05:12:04

Author Topic: Keyboard of the Month - June - Vote  (Read 9779 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
Keyboard of the Month - June - Vote
« on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 05:12:04 »
It's time for June's Keyboard of the month vote!

Not a huge amount of interest this month, but we still have three boards for you to vote on! (Sorry to appleonama but I had to make a tough choice :( )

First is HPE1000's Hand wired 60%

His build log is here

Second is TheVengeance's Compboard

Big build thread here!

Finally is Simonyunhe's TF77 Star Wars Edition

Review thread here - with flashing gifs!

Poll will last for seven days! Good luck everyone!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Keyboard of the Month - June - Vote
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 05:19:24 »
Very voted.

Oh, was I first again?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 09:49:09 »
Second vote after me ;)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 09:50:22 »
No contest for me
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 21:43:28 »
Second vote after me ;)

First reply in the thread though :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 16:58:50 »
Wow, tough competition this month!

I really love handmade keyboards, and this month has a great selection of them. Handwiring a 60% and rolling your own firmware? Check. Making custom relegendable keycaps which KICK ASS? Check. Making a custom case for a unique PCB? Check. These three all deserve to win, for sure. It was a very difficult decision, but in the end, I went with my gut instinct.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 July 2016, 06:30:04 »
Just under 24 hours left to vote for your winner!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • Just the guy
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 09:17:44 »
Congratulations HPE1000 on winning with his hand wired 60% board! Shame we didn't receive much interest this month, but he is our worth winner nonetheless!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 14:30:47 »
This month was pretty close even with the light turnout, grats to HPE1000 though :)
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 July 2016, 15:27:35 »
That compboard is something else

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 02:38:03 »
Congrats HPE! :)

GH has been very quiet this month anyway, which wouldn't have helped the KotM cause.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 03:51:10 »
Well that's a surprise, was expecting the result to be inverted as it was when I last checked - thought people like LEDs and shininess!

The people have spoken - congrats HPE :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 July 2016, 04:09:12 by suicidal_orange »
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 19:45:54 »
oh that tf77 is cool as hell
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 21:11:31 »
Thanks for the votes people! :)

Very close competition regardless, and thank you for running it katushkin  :thumb:

Offline richfiles

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 23 July 2016, 22:06:01 »
I missed this vote. I pretty much worked the end of June and the first half of July away.  :confused:

I love that first one, and I like the second one too. Very creative use of relegendable key caps. I love the SPAAAAACE! key!  ;D
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)