Author Topic: [IC] GMK Masterpiece | May 1st - June 2nd!  (Read 147044 times)

Offline rinkaan

Re: [IC] GMK Masterpiece | Kits updated!
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 09:27:44 »
just a thought, if the keys that translate to katakana breaches the max lengths of 4 char (like your example on pagedown), is there a thought of including kanji?
上頁 =page up
下頁=page down

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 16:12:17 »
just a thought, if the keys that translate to katakana breaches the max lengths of 4 char (like your example on pagedown), is there a thought of including kanji?
上頁 =page up
下頁=page down

That's a good suggestion, but unfortunately a 1u key can only fit 3 characters instead of 4. There is not enough space to fit in for exapmple 上ページ which has 4 characters. If you use ウエ頁 that might work I agree. But another reason why I didn't transliterated the the nav cluster are the new molds and the resulting costs.

Love the blue on this set, but Japanese-only keys makes this hard for me. Did you ever consider an add-on kit with latin alphas or duo language caps?

Yes, I have. I am considering a latin alpha kit which should make the life for some non touch typists a bit easier  :thumb:

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 16:16:04 »
Please fill out this quick form if you are seriously interested in a latin alpha kit! That would help me pretty much to decide

https://forms.gle/HCUrEttepaTLtrDA9

Thanks!

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 17:56:14 »
Please fill out this quick form if you are seriously interested in a latin alpha kit! That would help me pretty much to decide

Thanks!

YES! YES! YES! PLEASE!

Actually, beg you to do that!  :thumb:

Offline Adelscott

Re: [IC] GMK Masterpiece | Please fill out the quick poll for latin alphas!
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 18:47:24 »
Arabic numerals : yay
Latin alpha : nay
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 21:25:49 »

Thanks!

What about latin sub alphas?

Kidding, I'm satisfied with the current kits.

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 04:23:46 »

Next one will probably say WhErE iS mY fUlL cUsToM bAse. I wAnT IsO-tExAs

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 07:31:15 »

Next one will probably say WhErE iS mY fUlL cUsToM bAse. I wAnT IsO-tExAs

Nonsense. The Texan layout uses BAE, because a big state requires big keys on its big keyboard.

Offline dak148

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 07:42:36 »

Thanks!

Amazing!

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 09:34:15 »
Really love the blue color! This speaks to me so much.

Personally I feel WS1 is too white in this set, considering the blue is having a touch of vintage vibe (love that indigo!)
I recommend using CP instead (at first I want to suggest L9 but that might make this set maybe too vintage lol)

And how about the upside-down Alt icon? Like the one in Modern Dolch Light Modern kit https://i.imgur.com/xXmNAnc.jpg
Composition speaking, I think it looks better and might be more familiar since macOS use that one.

Really want this come in Ergo but it's cannot even considered as a stretch with all these new legends :p maybe next time!

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 10:28:48 »
Really love the blue color! This speaks to me so much.

Personally I feel WS1 is too white in this set, considering the blue is having a touch of vintage vibe (love that indigo!)
I recommend using CP instead (at first I want to suggest L9 but that might make this set maybe too vintage lol)

And how about the upside-down Alt icon? Like the one in Modern Dolch Light Modern kit https://i.imgur.com/xXmNAnc.jpg
Composition speaking, I think it looks better and might be more familiar since macOS use that one.

Really want this come in Ergo but it's cannot even considered as a stretch with all these new legends :p maybe next time!

The reason why I chose WS1 is because of the reason I wanted as much contrast as possible for the legends while keeping the warmness of the WS1 white. For a dark and light set like GMK Olivia with its light alphas for example it is something different. In that case I agree to you. There you need the colours to "approach" in order to keep a good colour harmony that is pleasant to look at. And hey, the WS1 colour may fade from time to time and it creates a vintage look over time  :)

The updside-down Alt icon is referred to a Mac's option key. Thus I also need to replace the diamond icon which is the system icon, and that would upset some Windows, Linux users out there. I personally think the diamond/normal Alt icon is better because it‘s more universal. You can use it for every system

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:22:47 »
Ws1 is the best. Can pair with other ws1 sets.

Offline cryworm

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 16:33:34 »

Thanks!

I love the fact that it will be katakana only. It sets it apart from so many other sets out there and looks really amazing and I will 100% be buying the Katakana only set. And this is coming from someone that CANNOT touch type lmao

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 23:34:06 »
I love the fact that it will be katakana only. It sets it apart from so many other sets out there and looks really amazing and I will 100% be buying the Katakana only set. And this is coming from someone that CANNOT touch type lmao

What is the reason behind that merciless thinking? You will get what you want anyway (katana only), why block happiness for other people? if there will be Latin alphas more people will get this set. Love for everyone. Not just yourself.

BTW: Having the katana only, will not make this set "apart from so many other sets", contrary! It will show this set is limited and separates people, and the whole idea of "community" should support all of us if the business side of this project allows it.

Peace!

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 03 March 2020, 23:41:02 »

What is the reason behind that merciless thinking? You will get what you want anyway (katana only), why block happiness for other people? if there will be Latin alphas more people will get this set. Love for everyone. Not just yourself.

BTW: Having the katana only, will not make this set "apart from so many other sets", contrary! It will show this set is limited and separates people, and the whole idea of "community" should support all of us if the business side of this project allows it.

Peace!

I don’t think he was being merciless, he was just stating an opinion. I’m in for all katakanas, but if enough votes warrant a latin alphas kit, that’d be great: more keycaps for everyone.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 08:51:48 »
The reason why I chose WS1 is because of the reason I wanted as much contrast as possible for the legends while keeping the warmness of the WS1 white. For a dark and light set like GMK Olivia with its light alphas for example it is something different. In that case I agree to you. There you need the colours to "approach" in order to keep a good colour harmony that is pleasant to look at. And hey, the WS1 colour may fade from time to time and it creates a vintage look over time  :)

The updside-down Alt icon is referred to a Mac's option key. Thus I also need to replace the diamond icon which is the system icon, and that would upset some Windows, Linux users out there. I personally think the diamond/normal Alt icon is better because it‘s more universal. You can use it for every system

Well, it's quite a long way to make yellowing a consideration lol. But I get the point about the contrast ;) just a reminder wether you already hold and see the WS1 by yourself, no offense, it's just for me it didn't give warmness vibe (but yeah, it certainly not on the cool white side either)

About the Alt icon, yeah that's why I said "composition speaking" because value-wise what you said is true.

Can't wait for this set to take off!

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 08:55:19 »
I don’t think he was being merciless, he was just stating an opinion. I’m in for all katakanas, but if enough votes warrant a latin alphas kit, that’d be great: more keycaps for everyone.

Cool, respect opinions, and this one as well  :thumb:
Just think, if the designer considering the "Latin" options, why to block his move?
Everyones get the "Katanas" anyway, also those, who will purchase the "Latin" additional set.

Anyway, PEACE and LOVE  :)

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #167 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:24:27 »
For a real combination of East and West

ウェスト WEST

« Last Edit: Sun, 08 March 2020, 17:04:55 by Energieschleuder »

Offline dak148

Re: [IC] GMK Masterpiece | ウェスト WEST Kit added!
« Reply #168 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 17:36:34 »
Thank you for adding the West kit! In for the main and west kits. Going to be fun to mix and match.

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #169 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 18:08:12 »
West - a great name for the set!
And of course, BIG thank you Energieschleuder! I highly appreciate it!  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2020, 18:11:11 by dom »

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 18:27:12 »
Congrats on the west kit mate!

Can we talk alt colored kit now? 😬😬 :cool: ;)

Offline OtherBarry1992

« Reply #171 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 19:46:46 »
Great looking kit. Love the colors

Offline synztran

• LOVE SA PROFILE & MECHANICAL KEYBOARD
« Reply #172 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 20:19:03 »
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline timescam

• Professional Colevrak Beggar
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 20:54:09 »
looking forward for the rama cap and deskmats. :p

Offline psxndc

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 04 March 2020, 21:23:50 »
the preserving kit could use a r2 kanji esc, r2 1u kanji backspace, and a r2 1u icon backspace.

I know you aren't 100% satisfied with my decision for Ortho support, but it is impossible to consider all wishes without to go overboard with the keys, molds, costs etc. I had of course do to some compromises otherwise there is no other solution. The reason why I didn't add a separate Ortho/40s kit is because of the usual low numbers and the vendors have to buy them out. But overall, I appreciate your interest :thumb:

Since a West kit has been added, I figure this is at least worth a shot again: can we get a full ortho set or at least add a couple keys to make one? I'm looking at my Preonic and dunno how I'm going to cover it with the current sets.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 04:11:18 »
Since a West kit has been added, I figure this is at least worth a shot again: can we get a full ortho set or at least add a couple keys to make one? I'm looking at my Preonic and dunno how I'm going to cover it with the current sets.

There are enough keys to fill a Preonic if you take the Value and the Preserving kit. Use the keys from the navigation cluster and arrows as well. You have several different options for the bottom row since the Value kit is quite big and generous (notice there are 7 1u bottom row keys)

Offline psxndc

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:28:14 »
There are enough keys to fill a Preonic if you take the Value and the Preserving kit. Use the keys from the navigation cluster and arrows as well. You have several different options for the bottom row since the Value kit is quite big and generous (notice there are 7 1u bottom row keys)

yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear at all. My bad. My concern isn't the bottom rows; you're right that I'm totally covered there. The concern is R2/R3 - there seem to be limited options. Below is how I guess I would lay it out.

left side top to bottom:
R1: 1u escape from value (ro from value if escape on R2)
R2: 1u escape from preserving? (I usually prefer tab here, but that's me; I know a lot of folks have esc on R3). What are my other options?
R3: 1u tab from preserving I guess?
R4: 1u shift from preserving
R4: 1u control from value

right side top to bottom:
R1: a lot of options, e.g,. 1u delete from value; 1u bksp from clarity.
R2: ?? rendaku key from value?
R3: 1u mu key from value?
R4: 1u enter key from preserving
R4: 1u right arrow from value.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:36:07 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline Quriosity

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:32:12 »
Thank you for the West Kit! - Now I'm definitely interested!

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 11:47:46 »
The guy just 'ADDS' a west kit.  Like WFT dude, lets go all in on this set.  Awesome stuff.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 16:40:32 »

yeah, sorry, I wasn't clear at all. My bad. My concern isn't the bottom rows; you're right that I'm totally covered there. The concern is R2/R3 - there seem to be limited options. Below is how I guess I would lay it out.

left side top to bottom:
R1: 1u escape from value (ro from value if escape on R2)
R2: 1u escape from preserving? (I usually prefer tab here, but that's me; I know a lot of folks have esc on R3). What are my other options?
R3: 1u tab from preserving I guess?
R4: 1u shift from preserving
R4: 1u control from value

right side top to bottom:
R1: a lot of options, e.g,. 1u delete from value; 1u bksp from clarity.
R2: ?? rendaku key from value?
R3: 1u mu key from value?
R4: 1u enter key from preserving
R4: 1u right arrow from value.

I understand you. That's why a rendered an example for the Preonic. Note that there are many more options, as there are some unused Katakana keys left for each row. You can shift the Katakana alpha per row to the left or right and fill in the remaining Katakana instead of the 1u modifiers. You don't need to use the R2 Escape icon or the 1u Tab. R1 ロ ホ ヘ, R3 ケ, R2 Dakuten and Handakuten (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakuten_and_handakuten) are still left to use instead.

The icons and Katakana are much more versatile than you might think.

« Last Edit: Fri, 06 March 2020, 02:03:10 by Energieschleuder »

Offline psxndc

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 19:33:05 »
Thanks for the render and for walking me through the options. Sorry if the preonic render was posted before and I missed it (I even went back through and couldn't find it)! Looking forward to this!
Ortho. Always.

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 02:02:32 »
Thanks for the render and for walking me through the options. Sorry if the preonic render was posted before and I missed it (I even went back through and couldn't find it)! Looking forward to this!

I actually did the render yesterday because of your request, that was a little misunderstood. I don't own a Preonic case model otherwise I would have put it at the beginning of the thread.

Next step is the quote from GMK

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 03:13:23 »
Can we get centered shift and caps icons please..

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 14:06:42 »
Yeeees hyped for the non-weeb kit!!!!!!!! In for everything here.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 23:26:59 »
Was browsing IG and I saw Masterpiece renders on HEx's budget premium board! Looks sick.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 08 March 2020, 14:20:50 »
Any Chance For A Rama Cap  ;)

Offline Coneree

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 01:26:01 »
this is cleannnnnn, interested!
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline j_RMT

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 09:20:36 »
Can't wait for this set.  ;D
I came here to drink milk and look for keeb stuff, and I've just finished my milk.

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 16:55:28 »
Value kit change (base kit)

中止

After a longer consideration, I changed the Katakana escape key to a Kanji composition. In my opinion the previous legend didn't looked naturally and was a bit clunky. The escape key is the only exception where Kanjis are used.

The key now says 中止 which means to cancel, as in cancelling an event. As the design language in this set is about aesthetics, accuracy and simplicity which should come together, it meets the conditions perfectly. These Kanjis are simple and will be able to produce for certain by GMK.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 17:16:57 »
I've been watching this project evolve since first post.  Changes look great.

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 06:57:08 »
Render revision

I worked hard in the last days to get more colour accurate renders. I optimized the lighting for a more natural and accurate light for the blue. All renders are also updated with the new lighting setup. Note that I didn't change anything on the colour. The blue remains the same RAL. I will release the RAL colour soon when the GB approaches further

バリュー VALUE

クラリティ CLARITY

プレサビング PRESERVING

ウェスト WEST

KBDfans KBD19x

Offline zakatak

• no cash
Re: [IC] GMK Masterpiece | Render revision! New lighting environment
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 09:02:38 »
Is there a date now?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 15:22:51 »
Render revision

I worked hard in the last days to get more colour accurate renders. I optimized the lighting for a more natural and accurate light for the blue. All renders are also updated with the new lighting setup. Note that I didn't change anything on the colour. The blue remains the same RAL. I will release the RAL colour soon when the GB approaches further

バリュー VALUE

Show Image

クラリティ CLARITY

Show Image

プレサビング PRESERVING

Show Image

ウェスト WEST

Show Image

KBDfans KBD19x
Show Image

IT'S SO BLUE IM GONNA DIE

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 16:49:34 »
Render revision

バリュー VALUE

Show Image

クラリティ CLARITY

Show Image

プレサビング PRESERVING

Show Image

ウェスト WEST

Show Image

KBDfans KBD19x
Show Image

Can you die of a color ?
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 06:33:27 »
Render revision

バリュー VALUE

Show Image

クラリティ CLARITY

Show Image

プレサビング PRESERVING

Show Image

ウェスト WEST

Show Image

KBDfans KBD19x
Show Image

Can you die of a color ?

Only if it’s this blue

Offline SryImBadAtNaming

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 13:11:59 »
Looks nice :)

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:09:20 »
Renders with a J80 and GMK Masterpiece

J80 by frostylove

Offline Energieschleuder

• Instagram
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:13:16 »
Is there a date now?

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Not yet. Still not sure how the current situation would affect keycap Group Buys, but it will be in the very near future since everything is ready for the GB. I will update the thread when the date is fix

Offline TheMegaSean

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 01:03:21 »
I've never been so excited for a set!  :D

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 01:47:34 »
So, for the icon mods.. are you super settled on the old upper left aligned shift/caps keys? Would you consider doing the new center alignment?