Author Topic: Favourite mice that you've owned?  (Read 39120 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Favourite mice that you've owned?
« on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:15:37 »
Active community member  of r/mousereview.

I'd like to know what you're favourite mice in your collection is and if so, how long you've had it.

I will start. I have two mice, the G302 and the G203. The G302 is great and is used as my producivity mouse (Quora, homework) and my gaming mouse is the g203.

I don't have a favourite child but i'm going to go with the g203 as a all around great mouse. Does everything i need to do and has a considerably comfortable shape.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Favourite mice that you've owned?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 04:28:14 »
Back in the day I loved my Belkin Nostromo N30 despite the ball clogging up regularly, as balls do.  Not enough buttons for modern users but really comfy.

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 08:02:29 »
"Vertical" mice are terrible if they are actually vertical, because you have to resist the pressure you use to push the buttons.

The ones that are actually more diagonal work and feel much better. I started off with the Wow Joy Pen, but it died after a couple of years and I got an Anker, which is great.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/anker-ergonomic-optical-usb-wired-vertical-mouse/A7851011
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 08:34:21 »
"Vertical" mice are terrible if they are actually vertical, because you have to resist the pressure you use to push the buttons.

The ones that are actually more diagonal work and feel much better. I started off with the Wow Joy Pen, but it died after a couple of years and I got an Anker, which is great.

https://www.anker.com/products/variant/anker-ergonomic-optical-usb-wired-vertical-mouse/A7851011
It seems like everybody on here has pain problems but me.... it's all about the ergo.

Offline Marizen

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 17:04:13 »
I gotta say it's easily the Razer Naga Trinity.

I switched to the Naga several years ago when I started getting into WoW PvP more heavily. I always had complaints about it, but it was kind of essential once I got used to the grid.

- The shape fits my hand perfectly. It's the only mouse I can use that doesn't cause my hand to cramp up. Keep the fingers spread out well. Isn't too heavy. Nice and round in the palm. Etc. I can just set my hand on it and it fits. Never feel the need to adjust.
- Swappable sides means the grid no longer gets in the way when not needed. I got used to it, so it wasn't an issue for me personally, but I know that was a turnoff for a lotta people.
- Optical sensor, versus the kinda meh laser one they used to have.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 01:17:11 »
I don't think I've ever owned a mouse I really liked. Optimally I'd like just a sensor on my fingertip that I can wave around as a mouse.

It seems like everybody on here has pain problems but me.... it's all about the ergo.

You're also like 15, you'll get there

Offline Stupidface

• Looks like I picked the wrong week to joinGeekhack
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 03:12:34 »
I don't think I've ever owned a mouse I really liked. Optimally I'd like just a sensor on my fingertip that I can wave around as a mouse.

While you cannot wave it around, exactly, and it does not quite reside on your fingertip:

(Photo Credit: eBay seller)

The "finger" or "ring" mouse sort-of meets that description; the caption asserts the user can "say goodbye to mouse hand."

(Which raises the question: Is saying hello to "mouse finger" necessarily an improvement?)

Perhaps someone considers that particular style of mouse to be their favourite and can speak from experience about long-term use?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 04:54:38 »
I'm into wireless mice as I only own a laptop so portability is key. I had a Logitech M325 at first but that was a bit too small. I used it a lot though and it just got lost. Then I got a bit bigger one - M510. It fit my hand quite well and it was great for productivity and office work. But it started acting up a bit. So a week ago I purchased Logitech G305. And I gotta say it's definitely my favourite out of the three. It's simple, fits my hand well and I really enjoy the customizability both for buttons and DPI. M510 compared to G305 doesn't stand a chance when gaming - the ability to change and have higher DPI is really nice.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 13:17:51 »
I'm into wireless mice as I only own a laptop so portability is key. I had a Logitech M325 at first but that was a bit too small. I used it a lot though and it just got lost. Then I got a bit bigger one - M510. It fit my hand quite well and it was great for productivity and office work. But it started acting up a bit. So a week ago I purchased Logitech G305. And I gotta say it's definitely my favourite out of the three. It's simple, fits my hand well and I really enjoy the customizability both for buttons and DPI. M510 compared to G305 doesn't stand a chance when gaming - the ability to change and have higher DPI is really nice.

G305 is a good mouse

Offline L0rdN1k0n

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 21:12:41 »
Main for gaming/everything: Glorious Model O - I usually don't like ambi mice but I don't mind the shape and I love the light weight. Just solidly built overall.
Main before that: Logitech G403 - Really loved the shape and simplicity of this mouse.
Currently using at work: SteelSeries Rival 310 - Also love the shape on this mouse, perhaps even more than the G403.
Also use at home for wireless: Logitech MX Master - Decent mouse, to be honest I mostly love it because in beige it matches my sleeper desktop build.
Also use at home for wireless: Logitech M570 trackball - An absolute classic, I have two.
Ducky One 2 Horizon full-size Cherry MX brown /w Tai-Hao Midnight Dawn ABS
Cooler Master CK550 full-size Gateron blue /w Tai-Hao blood red/black PBT and Dota 2 Juggernaut aluminium artisan
Compaq RT101 full-size WKL NMB dome /w slider
Dell QuietKey RT7D5JTW full-size NMB dome /w slider

Offline saint_james

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 23:00:17 »
Gaming:
Mionix Castor (3310 sensor)
Zowie EC2B (PMW3366 sensor)

Productivity:  Mionix Naos 7K (3310 sensor)

Nostalgia: old school Logitech MX 518 (laser)

C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 23:22:57 »
Logitech MX Revolution,
I only got rid of my last one a couple months ago and they have a cult like following and for good reason. Wireless and bluetooth models, nice size and shape, a charge dock/reciever if you had rechargeables in it, and decent battery but the kicker was the scroll wheel, it auto clutched; notchy if you spun slow and automatically switch to free spin if you spun fast.

Unfortunately the charge connectors on the bottom would get grimy and not like to charge, the dpi is not good compared to todays mice, and the wireless models had an issue like all wireless of the day (other than BT, which has it's own issues) in that it would start losing range as it aged.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline 4sStylZ

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 05:14:26 »
I miss my Naga Epic.

Wireless with the opportunity to charge by cable while playing + comfy + a ton of button well located.

But a broken synapse update killed it so I will never buy razer stuff anymore. 129€ mouse killed by a software give me too much deception and hate about this brand.
Bépo user here : AEK64 White linear dampened, XD75 Cherry Blue Jailhoused, TypeMatrix2030 black skin, Lenovo 0B47200 w/ trackpoint, G13, G512. Kensington Expert Trackball & Orbit, Magic touchpad 2.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 07:01:55 »
The one I'm currently using. Logitech G703.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 08:13:58 »

While you cannot wave it around, exactly, and it does not quite reside on your fingertip:

(Attachment Link)
I've got the wired version of that. It is total crap.

The sensor needs to be absolutely flush with the mousepad to work. The scroll wheel got loose immediately, because of a bad solder joint which broke extra early because the rotary encoder was oriented the wrong way for it to take stresses properly.

The reason I got it was actually for parts, for testing out an idea for a mouse-pen. You could get more precision with a pen than a mouse, but pens don't stand up when you let go. My idea was to build a mouse-pen like a weebly toy, that is round and heavier at the bottom.
But I think moving electronics from the pen to the surface as much as possible would be better.
Back in the late '90s there was an alternative "stylus" for the Palm Pilot's resistive screen in the form of a ring worn at the top of the index finger. The ring had a nub on it.
There are now finger styli for capacitive touch screens, and Nintendo DS but those have the nub on the under-side of the finger-tip. However, this older one for the Palm Pilot had a sharp nub forward, more like a pen, and I think it was possible to type on a keyboard while wearing one.
If there was such a ring for something like a Wacom tablet, and it felt like a pen to use then it would achieve the same thing as my weebly mouse idea: it would be like a pen that you didn't have to pick up to use.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 October 2019, 11:33:50 by Findecanor »

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:26:08 »
MX Master 3 at work, G305 at home.

Had the GPW, preferred the G305. Ultimately I would LOVE a light and wireless Deathadder, but that'll probably never happen

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:26:47 »
og fk1, ec2-eVo

Offline Riverman

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 15:44:36 »
I recently bought (in the past month or so) an MX Master for work and an MX Master 2S for home.  They're by far the nicest mice I've ever used.  Before that, I had used a Logitech M705 for a couple of years.  With all of the spreadsheets I deal with, horizontal scrolling is pretty important to me, and I love how I can flick the wheel on the MX Master and it goes into free-wheeling mode.  It's also a plus that the original MX Master's stone color is almost a perfect match for off-white Topre Realforce keyboards.  :D

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 06:29:24 »
I've got a Corsair M65 Pro.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 07:45:53 »

Show Image

I just don't find the sniper button helpful on the mouse.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 09:49:04 »

Show Image

Really?
I find it super helpful, specially in CSGO. I set it super low and use it when Awping.

Offline rjohn

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 10:07:26 »
finalmouse ultralight2

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 12:14:38 »

Show Image

Really?
I find it super helpful, specially in CSGO. I set it super low and use it when Awping.

Hmmm.. i can see why you would use it.

Offline DanBe

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 12:45:35 »
G Pro wireless for me. Recently tried the Glorious model O- because of all the hype surrounding it, great sensor and shape, but it was jist too small for me, plus the looks are quite in your face and I soon got sick of it. Had the original G pro, g502 as well, both great in their own way but G pro wireless is just perfect for me.

One thing I would never touch again is anything Razer, horrible imo.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 12:14:26 »
G Pro wireless for me. Recently tried the Glorious model O- because of all the hype surrounding it, great sensor and shape, but it was jist too small for me, plus the looks are quite in your face and I soon got sick of it. Had the original G pro, g502 as well, both great in their own way but G pro wireless is just perfect for me.

One thing I would never touch again is anything Razer, horrible imo.

Razer greens good, viper okay but mecha membrane bad

Offline perry4761

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 15:29:23 »
I've owned a Razer Deathadder 2013 since... 2013! It has served me very well ever since, both for gaming and light productivity. If you told me in 2013 that the only thing in my setup I would still be using by the end of the decade was my 70$ mouse I would have told you to get out of my house because I wouldn't know you and it would've been an awkward interaction for both of us.

Offline OtherBarry1992

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 22:16:47 »
G502 Hero, and G900 for me.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 19:56:47 »
I've owned a Razer Deathadder 2013 since... 2013! It has served me very well ever since, both for gaming and light productivity. If you told me in 2013 that the only thing in my setup I would still be using by the end of the decade was my 70$ mouse I would have told you to get out of my house because I wouldn't know you and it would've been an awkward interaction for both of us.

Glad to see it has served you well.

Offline chn

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 10:50:54 »
Logitech G9x - I've had this since around 2012, and it's still going strong. Has interachangeable 'shells', you can adjust the weight of it, and there are on-board buttons that can adjust the sensitivity. I also just loved the look of this mouse, the angular shape of it - but it is still very comfortable in hand.

Razer Basilisk - This is my day-to-day mouse which I use in the office. I have all the lights switched off though because I'm not a fan of RGB. It also has on-board buttons for adjusting sensitivity, and even for adjusting the sensitivity of the mouse wheel, which I find handy. Ergonomics are quite good, for my preference, and for the size of my hand.

Offline el_murdoque

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 18:35:39 »
I've grown to like my G700S.
I don't use the wireless feature and keep it on a USB connection permanently.
I bought it because of WoW, where I used a Razer Naga, which did not last very long - but long enough for me to get used to having several commands mapped to the mouse. So l looked for another mouse that has buttons you can map keyboard input to. I needed four for the thumb, and the G700S has that many. After using that one for a bit, I had to admit that the ergonomics are made for my hand exactly. It replaced my MX even for office work.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 10:56:36 »
I bought it because of WoW, where I used a Razer Naga, which did not last very long - but long enough for me to get used to having several commands mapped to the mouse. So l looked for another mouse that has buttons you can map keyboard input to. I needed four for the thumb, and the G700S has that many. After using that one for a bit, I had to admit that the ergonomics are made for my hand exactly. It replaced my MX even for office work.

Do you still play WoW

Offline DrivenKeys

• portfolio
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 03:07:50 »
Logitech MX610. Truly Left handed, wireless, laser. Last of its kind. Y'all righties have it too good.
1994 Lexmark Model M, Unicomp EnduraPro, EP84/KC84 (Box Navies with gpl107) Leopold FC900R (MX Clears), Ducky One (MX Whites), Das X50q

Offline Namaste

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 23:09:53 »
My favourite traditional style mouse has to either be the Orthovia OrthoMouse, or the 3M Anir.

But my actual favourite mouse is a trackball; the Kensington Expert.

Offline el_murdoque

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 07 April 2020, 08:45:05 »

Do you still play WoW

Nope. I quit a while back.

I just remembered the Razer Boomslang. That was quite something. The only Gaming mouse among office mice back in the day when all peripherals were beige and a model M was considered old, not vintage.
That was the product that made me buy Razer mice for a long time. In my humble opinion, all the mice Razer put out in the time I was buying these (let's say from 2008 to 2013) were overmarketed, grossly overpriced cheap plastic toys from the far east. Not worth half of what they asked for them. Luckily I never got too mad at any of these because they broke so fast. It took me quite a while to figure out that I demand more for my money than Razer supplied. I heard that supposedly theiy have upped their quality game again, but after managing to ruin one's reputation so thoroughly with me, I'd be surprised if I ever touched a Razer product again. 

Offline jologskyblues

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 05:38:24 »
Logitech G903

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 08:16:13 »
My favorite traditional mouse would probably be a D66-00068 Microsoft Wired mouse. I love the size, and they were just built to last forever. I had one that was used in my house for roughly 20ish years.

My favorite mouse to use nowadays is a trackball, the elecom HUGE.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline jamster

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:45:28 »
I've been happy with a couple of small sized options- Logitech MX Anywhere 2, and the Roccat Kones.

But honestly, I've never managed to get all that excited about any mouse. At best they are unobtrusive and just blend into the user experience without standing out. I have been much more consciously pleased with other pointing devices- the Thinkpad pointer and the massively hefty CST trackball.

Offline bliss

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 09:57:10 »
MX510 on a cloth mouse pad, Logitech tricked themselves with this one. Still my daily driver.
+ several original MX518 with vintage and newschool skids
+ mint unopened box original MX518 Batman Edition

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 18:12:22 »
I've owned 3 Mionix mice, and all 3 have had the mouse wheel fail.

So, not Mionix.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 08:03:09 »
Just been using Zowie FK1's, and before that Deathadders. They break periodically but other than that I'm pretty happy with them.

Offline DrJackman

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 19:38:59 »
the 2019 ms intellipro dark shadow.  love this thing.
(not my photos)

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 23:14:44 »
Hands down the Logitech G9x. I owned one back in the late 2000's when they were one of the main competitors to the Razer Deathadder(?) in the late 2000's. I've had mine since 2009 and have not found anything comparable to the comfort, ergonomics, and precision that it provides. I use it sparingly now, as I don't game as much as I used to, but always enjoy taking it out every now and then after using my Logitech MX Master 3 or Logitech G604 mice for work. Hopefully one day, Logitech will revive the G9x or offer a Bluetooth version.  :)