Author Topic: Help with Soarer's Converter Project  (Read 1837 times)

Offline bwcampbell

Help with Soarer's Converter Project
« on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 19:49:48 »
I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm hoping to get some help with a project I've been tinkering with.

I have an Affirmative 1225T. It's a PS2 version, so I ordered a PC Micro and followed the instructions and made myself a Converter. It flashed correctly, and I got it wired up. I was psyched to get started with that sweet, sweet, buckle spring action and all the lovely extra keys. But when I plugged it in, it didn't seem to do anything. So I fired up the HIDListen program. It reads the keyboard as Code Set 2, and it is reading the codes. But I'm not getting any output in MS Word for the regular text.

Is this normal? Do I need to program a full keyboard in order to get results, or should it be passing through the codes for the "regular" keys? Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step?

Any advice would be appreciated?

Offline Tactile

Re: Help with Soarer's Converter Project
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 20:23:14 »
If HID Listen can see the scan codes then the keypresses are making it to the computer. It sounds like the keyboard & converter are working.

When you boot the computer can you enter the bios by pressing whatever key is required?

What version of Soarer's did you flash?
REΛLFORCE

Offline bwcampbell

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 22:10:56 »
I used 1.12.

I will try the boot thing in the morning, and let you know.

Offline bwcampbell

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 20:15:38 »
Thanks for the advice. I figured it out, it wasn't the converter at all. I plugged in a regular modern USB keyboard in my computer and that didn't work either, so it turned out to be an issue with the BIOS on my mainboard. An update later and I'm in business.

Can't wait to dig into all those lovely extra keys.