Author Topic: The HHKB Pro2 BT  (Read 15420 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
The HHKB Pro2 BT
« on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:48:19 »
Just received this beauty of a keyboard today. Picked it up from Amazon Japan using the tenso.com forwarding service.

You will notice quite a few aesthetic differences in the design of the case. Most notably the corners/edges. The case top is actually the top on the BT model. Might make modding a bit easier (with regards to separating the two halves)

Backside

Battery Compartment

USB Connector

Profiles

The back hump

Dip Switch Layout

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: The HHKB Pro2 BT
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:51:43 »
Me likey. Does it feel any different than the regular Pro 2?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:52:09 »

Will report after a day of work with it :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:52:49 »
wooo beautiful photos!  i like those edges and curved corners.  do you notice any differences with the typing feels? 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:53:36 »
That box graphic is a nice touch. :D

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:57:08 »
Great pics :)
Makes it look a lot better than those first reveal pics.

Would f'sure think about picking one up if it were programmable.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 15:55:09 »
waif for white color version  :))

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 16:09:42 »
Definitely didn't like the look of it with the bump, but your pics make it look a lot cleaner.

Black might hide the bump a bit better than white. Well see when that one comes out.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 16:22:02 »
Definitely didn't like the look of it with the bump, but your pics make it look a lot cleaner.

Black might hide the bump a bit better than white. Well see when that one comes out.

you wont notice the hump at all when using the keyboard.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 16:37:33 »
That makes sense.  Who uses keyboards, mine are for taking pictures.  =P

Sent from my fingers at a local payphone

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 17:12:40 »

you wont notice the hump at all when using the keyboard.

That's because you don't flip your keyboard.
Plebeians.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 19:57:57 »
Very cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Belfong

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:27:09 »
sometimes, it takes Geekhack photos to tilt me over. Bro Caps and joric's photos are clearly more superior than what was in PFU's website. The urge is real..........

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:32:16 »

If only the bulge was adjustable and could be used as the foot.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:47:21 »
So seriously considering this since I now apparently use nothing but Bluetooth at work. Also, good to see you finally got a Bro cap!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 06:19:21 »
I like the rounded edges. But dat tumor.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 20:03:57 »
Curious about this board after some use!  :thumb:

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 06:23:59 »
Really considering one of these to replace my regular hhkb at work. Interested in your impressions.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Offline raymogi

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 06:25:23 »
sometimes, it takes Geekhack photos to tilt me over. Bro Caps and joric's photos are clearly more superior than what was in PFU's website. The urge is real..........

Just buy it already. While stocks last.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline geniekid

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 10:47:19 »

Will report after a day of work with it :)

WELL?!?!?! :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 02:39:25 »
What do you get in the box, apart from the keyboard itself?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 08:08:32 »
I ended up buying one and have no regrets. It is just a regular HHKB but wireless. The bulge at the back isn't visible when you are using it and tbh doesn't look that bad. I am getting over a month's heavy use (8+ hours a day, 5 days a week) from two AA batteries.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 04:58:01 »
I ended up buying one and have no regrets. It is just a regular HHKB but wireless. The bulge at the back isn't visible when you are using it and tbh doesn't look that bad. I am getting over a month's heavy use (8+ hours a day, 5 days a week) from two AA batteries.

It's either a bulge at the back or a cable sticking out the back.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 02:26:12 »
Exactly, the lack of wires is a huge plus for me.

Slight update on the battery life, 3-4 weeks of heavy use seems to be my results on a single set of AAs. Fairly happy with that.

Has anyone opened one up yet? Thinking about modding it but don't want to be the first to do so as I am fairly inexperienced!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 04:07:45 »
Slight update on the battery life, 3-4 weeks of heavy use seems to be my results on a single set of AAs. Fairly happy with that.

3-4 weeks are unacceptable to me actually. That's quite a drain. Are you using Alkaline batteries?

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 04:37:40 »

3-4 weeks are unacceptable to me actually. That's quite a drain. Are you using Alkaline batteries?

haha belfong, how long do you want it to last?  my hhkb with hasu's BT controller with 1000mAh lasts maybe a couple of days on a full charge, so 3-4 weeks would be great.

this board is so tempting, but i would really want this in white and also be able to swap in hasu's controller.  maybe i should just get a regular white one and another hasu BT controller instead...
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 04:46:48 »
I am using a Apple Magic Trackpad and that one last for a long time. I didn't keep track but I know that whenever the Trackpad start to remind me to change battery, I didn't like it one bit. Imagine having to do this every month or so! I thought the HHKB BT was advertised as lasting for 6 months? That's very acceptable for me!

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 16:10:09 »

Why? What does it take, 30 seconds to pop another set of rechargables in?

Offline Darkside

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 17:11:49 »
This looks really good.

Offline gaztec

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 15:50:31 »

Hi how's the long term review. Happy as Day 1?

Offline Hordak

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 05:52:30 »
Oh wow, does the HHKB BT actually look that sexy in real life or are this just mad photo skills? The other shots out there don't seem to lend that kindly to the new rounded corners design.