Author Topic: [GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!  (Read 29080 times)

Offline Zephyraeon

Re: [GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 06:56:30 »
Some bad news for 6u users - it looks like the 6u DCS spacebars are lacking support for 6u stabilisers. I'm not sure yet if this is true for all DCS 6u spacebars or just for Delftware. I have sent an email to SP to see what we can do. See image below (photo courtesy of jonehhbravo, badly drawn red lines courtesy of yours truly):

The vendors should all have received the keycaps by now, RAMA caps are on the way to RAMA from the manufacturer and the deskmats should be arriving in another month or two. Hoping that all orders will still ship in 2021 (and on schedule) but we'll have to see how things progress.

We've got some good news! The keycaps have begun shipping from SP to vendors this week!

Unfortunately no updates on deskmats/RAMA caps but keycap only orders should be arriving with regional vendors this month.

a gb shipping... early?? in 2021??

excited to get my set soon

It was always slated for Q4 2021 shipping, so it's only on time unfortunately.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 10:50:58 »
DCS 6u spacebars are for offset 6u, so they'll only work on certain models and layout of 1800 board, this has been known for a while

i had this GB in my planner for december so it's a month early in my heart
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 12:03:55 »
got my set, this came out great

quick and dirty phone pics, a little out of focus

i would say dyesub quality is similar to the latest CRP round, i would call it 8.5/10. very minimal bleed/blur, which is on par for DCS dyesubs historically. i'm not an expert, just a guy who has owned a lot of sets, but i'm comfortable saying that as far as dyesub goes, SP continues to be better than pretty much every other option. there are still a few artifacts/minor issues, but nothing you'd notice if you weren't looking for it.

as far as keycap quality, it's PBT DCS, which is good, but has a texture that not everyone might like. not dissimilar to some other PBT sets, like EPBT and other gateron blank-based manus. CRP is a little smoother in my experience.

my one gripe is that the font weight on the alphas is different than the font weight on the mods but it's not bad enough for me to categorize it as a demerit.

overall very happy with this set, one of the more interesting sets in the past year or two, it's really unique and i think that people only slept on this set because of the "DCS bad" meme.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:37:23 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 12:01:59 »
got my set, this came out great

quick and dirty phone pics, a little out of focus

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

i would say dyesub quality is similar to the latest CRP round, i would call it 8.5/10. very minimal bleed/blur, which is on par for DCS dyesubs historically. i'm not an expert, just a guy who has owned a lot of sets, but i'm comfortable saying that as far as dyesub goes, SP continues to be better than pretty much every other option. there are still a few artifacts/minor issues, but nothing you'd notice if you weren't looking for it.

as far as keycap quality, it's PBT DCS, which is good, but has a texture that not everyone might like. not dissimilar to some other PBT sets, like EPBT and other gateron blank-based manus. CRP is a little smoother in my experience.

my one gripe is that the font weight on the alphas is different than the font weight on the mods but it's not bad enough for me to categorize it as a demerit.

overall very happy with this set, one of the more interesting sets in the past year or two, it's really unique and i think that people only slept on this set because of the "DCS bad" meme.

Thanks for the pics! Eagerly awaiting my set now.

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 15:24:03 »
Just got my set yesterday too, and I am very pleased!  The overall quality of the set is comparable to GMK I'd say, and definitely the highest quality PBT set I have now.  It's a higher quality mold vs. ePBT and better quality dye-sub than KAT (IMHO).  Plus this has been the fastest GB I have ever been a part of!  Remind me, why aren't all new sets using DCS?? 

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 11:08:07 »
I got mine! Now i am waiting for my dad to ship it to me from California ( I am in Indiana)  :cool:
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 13:00:48 »
Just got my set yesterday too, and I am very pleased!  The overall quality of the set is comparable to GMK I'd say, and definitely the highest quality PBT set I have now.  It's a higher quality mold vs. ePBT and better quality dye-sub than KAT (IMHO).  Plus this has been the fastest GB I have ever been a part of!  Remind me, why aren't all new sets using DCS??
Don't want everybody using it though lol. Gotta keep those low lead times in check

Offline andreiborisov

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 13:05:34 »
Don't want everybody using it though lol. Gotta keep those low lead times in check
I’d say it’s due to funky font and most people prefer something more closer to Cherry font (for example the one ePBT usually uses)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 13:12:09 »
Some bad news for 6u users - it looks like the 6u DCS spacebars are lacking support for 6u stabilisers. I'm not sure yet if this is true for all DCS 6u spacebars or just for Delftware. I have sent an email to SP to see what we can do. See image below (photo courtesy of jonehhbravo, badly drawn red lines courtesy of yours truly):
Show Image

The vendors should all have received the keycaps by now, RAMA caps are on the way to RAMA from the manufacturer and the deskmats should be arriving in another month or two. Hoping that all orders will still ship in 2021 (and on schedule) but we'll have to see how things progress.

We've got some good news! The keycaps have begun shipping from SP to vendors this week!

Unfortunately no updates on deskmats/RAMA caps but keycap only orders should be arriving with regional vendors this month.

a gb shipping... early?? in 2021??

excited to get my set soon

It was always slated for Q4 2021 shipping, so it's only on time unfortunately.

I would just snap off some stems from some keycaps i don't like/use (needle nose pliers and a little wiggle action usaully snaps them off pretty cleanly) and ca glue them in the space bar where you need them.

Offline AASH

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 16:17:57 »
I’d say it’s due to funky font and most people prefer something more closer to Cherry font (for example the one ePBT usually uses)
What if I told you SP has a DCS font that's cherry-style. Don't tell too many people tho

40s, with love

40s, with love

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 16:24:55 »
people have thought DCS is bad for years because once GMK got huge people stopped buying it and just assumed it was bad because it was thin

there's a lot more history there but that's the short version

Offline BrickParade

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 18:50:41 »
just wanted to hop on the DCS love-train, been typing on Delftware for about a week and its great! I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for future DCS sets

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 20:58:38 »
Loving this set. Sounds great, feels great, PBT DCS sets are something I'll definitely support in the future.

Offline vanyll

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 08:19:52 »
DCS Delftware really delivers. I was sold on the design from day one, but have not had any experience with DCS. It is certainly different than GMK or ePBT, thinner plastic with much more texture, a lighter sound ("clacky"), and less heavy legends. Sure, the legends are not double-shot, but there is close to no bleed, they are tack sharp. The quality overall is impressive, the sound and feel great. It will certainly not be my last DCS set.

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 02:02:17 »
More updates! Deskmats and RAMAs should have either arrived or be en route to all proxies - fingers crossed this means all orders will ship by the end of November.

Thanks everyone for sharing photos of your builds - I love seeing how Delftware looks on all of your boards.

For some not-so-great news, some of the vendors have had reports of spacebar fitment issues on some stabilisers. If you have received your set please check your spacebars fit on your boards if possible - we will be looking into ways to remedy this issue for people that are affected.

Offline anatworkaccount

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 16:16:54 »
More updates! Deskmats and RAMAs should have either arrived or be en route to all proxies - fingers crossed this means all orders will ship by the end of November.

Thanks everyone for sharing photos of your builds - I love seeing how Delftware looks on all of your boards.

For some not-so-great news, some of the vendors have had reports of spacebar fitment issues on some stabilisers. If you have received your set please check your spacebars fit on your boards if possible - we will be looking into ways to remedy this issue for people that are affected.

My build above is on C3 stabs. It wasn't the *smoothest* fit initially but after messing around with it a bit, I'm content with the fit on C3 V2s.

Offline brizzzle

• ipee9932cd
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 00:59:10 »
Just got my set in today, it looks like my 7u bar is 1mm smaller compared to other bars and has fit/return issues. I tested it on both durock v2 stabs and ck x wuque lavender stabs and it either got stuck on the press or returned at a slow rate. 

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 09:56:56 »
Just got my set in today, it looks like my 7u bar is 1mm smaller compared to other bars and has fit/return issues. I tested it on both durock v2 stabs and ck x wuque lavender stabs and it either got stuck on the press or returned at a slow rate.

Just tested after seeing your message and my 7u is also having same problem.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 18:02:50 »
Same, 7u pretty much not useable. 6.25u is mediocre at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Poesjuh

[GB] DCS Delftware | Keycaps shipping to vendors!
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 18:02:54 »
Beep boop double post

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 18:11:12 »
both of mine are fine

7u had a small amount of catch, but i did the hairdryer trick and it was fine

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 23:32:12 »
Anyone got your set w/ a RAMA cap from zFrontier?
According to them, my one is suspended for shipped out since RAMA caps are not still their hands yet.

Tapatalk を使用して私の Pixel 4a から送信