Author Topic: GK64XS  (Read 4737 times)

Offline NerdAlert503

GK64XS
« on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 15:40:20 »
Hello Everyone;
 Noob Alert! I am new to the Mechanical Keyboard Hobbie.  I wanted to ask if anyone knows which cases are compatible with the GK64XS? I also need to know which plates and batteries. Thanks

Offline Pufflemuff

Re: GK64XS
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 17:17:41 »
Fellow n00b here mate, so please don’t take this as gospel, especially as I’ve only researched 75% boards.  However, my understanding is that the 60% PCB structure is more or less standardized, so hopefully any 60% case and plate should fit.  I’d start by finding the 60% case and plate i want and then checking whether that specific combination is compatible as we might find that someone has already built it.

Offline Ambrio

Re: GK64XS
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 03:24:57 »
Hi there! I chose the GK64XS as my first build and got the Tofu60 aluminium case from KBDfans combined with the glass fiber plate from KPrepublic. I can definitely say that this particular case fits the GK64XS without any problems whatsoever. The positions of the screw holes are correct and the only thing I noticed is an ever so slight flexing in the bottom right of the keyboard. To counter this, I guess it might be worthwhile to put some padding into the case, but so far I'm pretty okay with it.

One thing to keep in mind is that even though this case has a cut-out for the battery, the thickness of the battery can be an issue. I got a 6 mm thick LiPo from Amazon and while I can fit it into the case and screw down the PCB, it produces a really noticeable 'bulge.' For this reason I'm currently only using the board in wired mode, but I'll keep an eye out for a slightly thinner battery in the future.

Link to the case: https://kbdfans.com/collections/60-layout-case/products/kbdfans-tofu-60-aluminum-case
Link to the plate: https://kprepublic.com/collections/stabilizer/products/60-aluminum-glass-fiber-plate-with-plate-mounted-stabilizerfor-gk64-gk64s-xd64-xd60?_pos=1&_sid=b5b08cb13&_ss=r