Author Topic: GH Swolenation  (Read 63050 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
GH Swolenation
« on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:43:20 »
We have threads for just about everything on GH.  I have seen people post and thought why not start a gym thread.  I don't have anything specific in mind, but it'd be a great place to share milestones, PR's, advice, or just general OT discussion.

I've been out of the gym for about a year, and just started back up.  Been doing stronglifts to start, until I get my squat/deadlift/bench back where I want it.  I have a long way to go to get back to my old self, but hopefully this will be a nice way of getting there.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: GH Swolenation
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:47:11 »
Walked into the gym for the first time today.

Came in the door swolle like booker t's WCW days.

Looked around and realized i was the littlest dude in there...

Need roids

Reminded me of this  :))

I started lifting again a bit under a year ago, after neglecting fitness for most of college.  I'm working on getting my bench up, then I might consider entering a local meet for fun  ;D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:49:02 »
Gotta subscribe to that Swolie bible and hit up Biami.  Broscience, son. :))

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:50:28 »

Gotta stop the dad bod.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:52:18 »
Even now, those stupid ****ing gun shots get me every time.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:52:59 »

Need roids

I started lifting again a bit under a year ago, after neglecting fitness for most of college.  I'm working on getting my bench up, then I might consider entering a local meet for fun  ;D
I've heard that prepping for meets is a huge motivator.  You'll have to let us know how it turns out, and good luck man.  My bench is always my worst area.  I've tried all the techniques and gimmicks, but have come to terms with the fact I will always have a weak bench.

Man, Broscience, so good.  :)) :))

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:54:18 »
supported thread, gone up from 150lbs to 170lbs in 3ish months, dat bulk son.

work has been killing the gym progress, but at the minimum i make it out to the gym atleast 2 days a week. While keeping the home gym routine going on days i cant make it out.

just broke into squats and have permanent limps whenever i walk now
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:55:51 »
Awwww, yeah.  Squats are where it's at.  I gotta get back to bulking again.  Maybe another 15ish pounds and I'll hit 200.  I think I'll finally be happy there.  It's not the lifting or the gym time that's hard, at all.  It's the damn eating.  Stuffing that many cals in and counting it all...FML.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:56:11 »

Need roids

I've heard that prepping for meets is a huge motivator.  You'll have to let us know how it turns out, and good luck man.  My bench is always my worst area.  I've tried all the techniques and gimmicks, but have come to terms with the fact I will always have a weak bench.

I ran track for 7 years, so I'm pretty used to prepping to peak at meets.  As a smaller guy (~135lb), my bench has never been impressive either, but I'll keep working on it  :thumb:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 16:59:23 »
Awwww, yeah.  Squats are where it's at.  I gotta get back to bulking again.  Maybe another 15ish pounds and I'll hit 200.  I think I'll finally be happy there.  It's not the lifting or the gym time that's hard, at all.  It's the damn eating.  Stuffing that many cals in and counting it all...FML.

Shoot, I wish I had your metabolism.  Im on the other end of the spectrum.  I'll be happy when I am back to 220, at the very least.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:01:40 »
pics pls
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:02:33 »

Shoot, I wish I had your metabolism.  Im on the other end of the spectrum.  I'll be happy when I am back to 220, at the very least.

Dude, **** my metabolism.  Food gets expensive and it's so much harder to bulk. 

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:03:28 »

Yeah I have never looked at it that way.  I imagine if you are doing a clean bulk, it adds up fast.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:05:06 »

Yeah I have never looked at it that way.  I imagine if you are doing a clean bulk, it adds up fast.

Yup..  Cost is a large hurdle for many people to "get fit".

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:07:16 »

Yeah, clean bulk is pricey.  No matter how you dice it (see what I did there?) the costs just sort of skyrocket at some point in time.  Dirty bulk is so much easier but then the cutting is just...teribad and so much harder. 

Do you guys lift just for aesthetics?  Or because of health?  Job?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:09:19 »
Yeah, clean bulk is pricey.  No matter how you dice it (see what I did there?) the costs just sort of skyrocket at some point in time.  Dirty bulk is so much easier but then the cutting is just...teribad and so much harder. 

Do you guys lift just for aesthetics?  Or because of health?  Job?
I started back in HS, for football.  Then changed to aesthetics.  Now I want to be in shape for my son's when they get a little older and start playing sports.  Getting stronk is just a plus.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 17:13:55 »
I started back in HS, for football.  Then changed to aesthetics.  Now I want to be in shape for my son's when they get a little older and start playing sports.  Getting stronk is just a plus.

I imagine being healthy for your sons in the future is great motivation. :thumb:  I actually find the gym pretty soothing.  Pop some headphones in and zone out for a bit while you lift heavy things.  Or, in Dom's version, curl everything.  Remember, even when you're doing pullups, you're simply pulling the sky down to you with your bi's. :))

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:02:17 »
Thanks for starting this Ghost!

So I picked up lifting going on 4 years ago but started taking it seriously about 2 years ago. I started off doing more of a bodybuilding style plan but switched to powerlifting because I hated where I was at strength wise. This video is from just over 2 weeks ago and is of my 475 squat. It gave me a 25 pound PR and within just under a year my squat went up 70lbs.

https://instagram.com/p/5DvweskfsV/

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:04:51 »

So I picked up lifting going on 4 years ago but started taking it seriously about 2 years ago. I started off doing more of a bodybuilding style plan but switched to powerlifting because I hated where I was at strength wise. This video is from just over 2 weeks ago and is of my 475 squat. It gave me a 25 pound PR and within just under a year my squat went up 70lbs.

I watch stuff like that and always wonder, how many times have you **** yourself and how often do your turtle/prairie dog while doing lifts like that?  I'd be terrified of that happening.

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:06:09 »

HOLY **** that's a lot of weight.  I was stoked to hit 200 for 5x5 last tuesday and now I hate myself.  What lifting program are you following if any?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:12:28 »
HOLY **** that's a lot of weight.  I was stoked to hit 200 for 5x5 last tuesday and now I hate myself.  What lifting program are you following if any?

I'm 100% sure it's called "**** you iron, get up higher in the air or I'll smash you".

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:13:02 »

Damn man, congrats!  Last year I was up to 340, and hopefully I can get back there quickly.  I am taking it slow right now and not rushing it though.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:17:26 »
113 pounds of sex right here.

I gained 2 pounds in the past month or two. The gains are real.  ^-^

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:18:15 »
I've been going to the gym for about 2.5 years, I try to go at least 5 days a week. I am not out to get "lean/fit" I'm more about just being strong.

I don't have any crazy high numbers because I go by myself and never max because no spotter. My current flat bench is 130, squat at 200 and no deadline (back issues)

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:19:51 »
i shed happy tears of whey knowing i have fellow brothers and sisters who worship in the Iron temple at GH as well.

i have fallen off the Iron path for the past two months because of so many excuses that aren't worth anyone's time of day. since coming around, i've picked up another 2 year membership and have started going again.

i've decided to not bulk until i've lost a bit of weight and am in top physical condition. i also want to get down the form before i attempt at climbing the weight ladder again. so with that, I'm starting and ending my routine with cardio, then doing all the major bar exercises (bench, squat, deadlift, rows, shrugs) at ~70%/8-11 sets on their designated days.

once i feel comfortable at all the core exercises, i'll start back up my free weight/machine exercises. hopefully progress comes quick like it usually does when I start after a hiatus.

Wheymen
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:21:25 by clacktalk »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:21:21 »
i shed happy tears of whey knowing i have fellow brothers and sisters who worship in the Iron temple at GH as well.

i have fallen off the Iron path for the past two months because of so many excuses that aren't worth anyone's time of day. since coming around, i've picked up another 2 year membership and have started going again.

i've decided to not bulk until I've lost a bit of weight and am in top physical condition. i also want to get down the form before i attempt at climbing the weight ladder again. so with that, I'm starting and ending my routine with cardio, then doing all the major bar exercises (bench, squat, deadlift, rows, shrugs) at ~70%/8-11 sets on their designated days.

once i feel comfortable at all the core exercises, i'll start back up my free weight/machine exercises. hopefully progress comes quick like it usually does when I start after a hiatus.

Wheymen

Offline Wuzadi

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 19:35:50 »
Oooo a gym thread  ;D

I do a normal four to five day routine. Nothing too crazy, just trying to stay in shape now that I have a kid, work, and school. I'm down to 180lbs right now. I competed nationally in Judo since I was 5 and stopped when I was about 15. Never lifted weights while competing since I always had to make weight. I got interested in wrestling and committed to that throughout high school, didn't take it too seriously, just enjoyed being able to compete in a different sport. When I was a senior I dropped down to 150lbs, preseason weight being about 178lbs. Stayed low the entire season. Barely got into lifting weights, mostly did cario all day everyday (died a little inside). It wasn't until I got out of high school when I was able to finally start lifting. After a year of lifting I managed to get up to a solid 190lbs. Eventually got up to 205 and never been back up there since. I only get about an hour in for the gym before I have to head to work in the morning. Right now I'll super set on days I'm running a little behind schedule and do single isolated workouts on days I have the time.

For anyone looking for workout advice, just switch it up every so often. Everyone's genes are different so certain things are going to work better for others. Also don't be discouraged about results....it takes time! Ex. Wanting to get yolked out, but be huge at the same time (doesn't work that way).
You met me at a very strange time in my life.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:06:13 »
Oooo a gym thread  ;D

I do a normal four to five day routine. Nothing too crazy, just trying to stay in shape now that I have a kid, work, and school. I'm down to 180lbs right now. I competed nationally in Judo since I was 5 and stopped when I was about 15. Never lifted weights while competing since I always had to make weight. I got interested in wrestling and committed to that throughout high school, didn't take it too seriously, just enjoyed being able to compete in a different sport. When I was a senior I dropped down to 150lbs, preseason weight being about 178lbs. Stayed low the entire season. Barely got into lifting weights, mostly did cario all day everyday (died a little inside). It wasn't until I got out of high school when I was able to finally start lifting. After a year of lifting I managed to get up to a solid 190lbs. Eventually got up to 205 and never been back up there since. I only get about an hour in for the gym before I have to head to work in the morning. Right now I'll super set on days I'm running a little behind schedule and do single isolated workouts on days I have the time.

For anyone looking for workout advice, just switch it up every so often. Everyone's genes are different so certain things are going to work better for others. Also don't be discouraged about results....it takes time! Ex. Wanting to get yolked out, but be huge at the same time (doesn't work that way).

This, so much.  People will swear up and down on a routine or meal plan or whatever but that might only work for them.  You gotta do what's right for you and that gets lost too often in a sea of, "GOTTA GET BIG BRAH".

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:10:52 »
Before I started working out casually I was a hardcore gamer and swimmer. I was about 108 lbs(yikes)

Some months I was very inconsistent and barely ate/went to the gym at all but I've been very focused on it since I started college.

Here is a comparison pic of nearly 3 years apart(I am no longer a swimmer so noticed how my skin tone literally changed 100 shades) with me from 108 to 143

I since then have gotten fat from the pic on the right because its bulking time!

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:18:24 »

I watch stuff like that and always wonder, how many times have you **** yourself and how often do your turtle/prairie dog while doing lifts like that?  I'd be terrified of that happening.

Never **** myself. I have watched videos of people who have. I have almost puked on many a squat and deadlift though. Just gotta **** before you lift and all is good.

Hey man, everyone has to start somewhere. My friend who is spotting me squatted 550 right before this so I felt weak as **** compared to him but you should never do that. Only compare yourself to who you were. I ran 5x5 for a while and it helped a lot. I also recommend Smolov and Smolov Jr.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:20:05 »
Before I started working out casually I was a hardcore gamer and swimmer. I was about 108 lbs(yikes)

Some months I was very inconsistent and barely ate/went to the gym at all but I've been very focused on it since I started college.

Here is a comparison pic of nearly 3 years apart(I am no longer a swimmer so noticed how my skin tone literally changed 100 shades) with me from 108 to 143

I since then have gotten fat from the pic on the right because its bulking time!

Show Image

Solid man!

Offline Wuzadi

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:32:58 »

Show Image

Looking good man, keep up the good work! I wish I was a swimmer haha.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 20:59:37 »
Gah this thread makes me so happy.

At 160lbs I was

SQ 280
DL 350
BN 225

All 5x5. I've done SS/SL, Smolov and Smolov Jr. all in the past. Did GOMAD a while back, had knee, back, shoulder and elbow injuries (all unrelated to lifting) and I've learned A LOT about dealing with being skinny and being hurt while still wanting to lift weights.

Currently on a 4day bro split(lol) and it's by far the hardest program I've ever done. My knee is so thankful I don't squat 3-4 days a week anymore tho.

Also probably gonna spend the rest of my life in ketosis so if you got any questions about ANY of this and wanna talk to a real human bean instead Google just hit me up in this thread or PM.

We're all gonna make it..

Offline Wuzadi

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:07:32 »
Oooo a gym thread  ;D

This, so much.  People will swear up and down on a routine or meal plan or whatever but that might only work for them.  You gotta do what's right for you and that gets lost too often in a sea of, "GOTTA GET BIG BRAH".

Lol preach it brotha. So many people are always looking for that "Perfect regimen and meal prep" Well it doesn't exist...trial and error until you find what fits your needs best.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:12:46 »

At 160lbs I was

SQ 280
DL 350
BN 225

All 5x5. I've done SS/SL, Smolov and Smolov Jr. all in the past. Did GOMAD a while back, had knee, back, shoulder and elbow injuries (all unrelated to lifting) and I've learned A LOT about dealing with being skinny and being hurt while still wanting to lift weights.

Currently on a 4day bro split(lol) and it's by far the hardest program I've ever done. My knee is so thankful I don't squat 3-4 days a week anymore tho.

Also probably gonna spend the rest of my life in ketosis so if you got any questions about ANY of this and wanna talk to a real human bean instead Google just hit me up in this thread or PM.

I've been running a bro split and had to add a full body day just to squat twice a week. I love it too much. Solid total though at 160. I'm looking to hit 1300 soon.
Squat 475
Dead 515 (need to max soon as I  haven't in a while)
Bench 295 (running Smolov Jr again in hopes to hit 315)
Bodyweight 250
Height 6'4"
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 July 2015, 21:31:10 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline R1N3

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:26:13 »

At 160lbs I was

SQ 280
DL 350
BN 225

I've been running a bro split and had to add a full body day just to squat twice a week. I love it too much. Solid total though at 160. I'm looking to hit 1300 soon.
Squat 475
Dead 515 (need to max soon as I  haven't in a while)
Bench 295 (running Smolov Jr again in hopes to hit 315)
Dude that's awesome! I added squats to the shoulder day of this split so I could do it twice a week too.

I was super satisfied with what I got from smolov and jr. The numbers can sometimes get complicated cuz most normal gyms don't have fractional weights, so at one point I looked like a kook weighing out how many clips I should put on the bar as well as 2plates lol. But the concept is one of the most sound ideas that humans have ever had: you wanna get better at something? Do it every day.

The results speak for themselves, brehs

Offline neverused

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 22:58:45 »

Good numbers. Look up Ed Coan's videos with Supertraining on YouTube, he did some really good ones with them. If you know his name, you'll know what I mean, he's a legend.

As for myself, I'm still trying to catch up and feel like I'm not making up lost ground. With work and fatherhood taking up my time, I'm just trying to maintain, especially with another newborn on the way. Even still, I almost had a 455 lb deadlift all the way up, I should have have squeezed my gluten to lock it out.

Good luck everyone! Work hard, get stronger!

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #38 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 23:37:31 »

Show Image

Solid man!

Show Image

Looking good man, keep up the good work! I wish I was a swimmer haha.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 24 July 2015, 23:55:48 »
I've been hitting the gym a few times a week since I've moved. I've always tried to exercise before that but now I've got access to actual equipment here at the apartment complex. My initial goal was just to get a little stronger and tone my legs/butt area. Though, now that I've started I realize that I love the feeling that get after lifting whether it be leg presses/bench press/situps. Although I absolutely hate cardio and can't stand running or even jogging which is terrible I know.

Now my goal has changed a little, I really wanna get buff like Ronda Rousey so I can look like a total badass:

I feel like I've made progress so far in my legs and what little abs I have so that's a start, but I'm afraid I'm gonna hit a brick wall and not know what to do from there. I'm also thinking maybe I should increase my carlorie intake so I'm not so scrawny, but idk I really know nothing about lifting.  :D

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:06:56 »
Anyone have their before and after numbers from running smolov? I wasn't going to try it until I hit 300 in my working set so I still have a ways to go.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:16:01 »
I've been hitting the gym a few times a week since I've moved. I've always tried to exercise before that but now I've got access to actual equipment here at the apartment complex. My initial goal was just to get a little stronger and tone my legs/butt area. Though, now that I've started I realize that I love the feeling that get after lifting whether it be leg presses/bench press/situps. Although I absolutely hate cardio and can't stand running or even jogging which is terrible I know.

Now my goal has changed a little, I really wanna get buff like Ronda Rousey so I can look like a total badass:

Show Image

I feel like I've made progress so far in my legs and what little abs I have so that's a start, but I'm afraid I'm gonna hit a brick wall and not know what to do from there. I'm also thinking maybe I should increase my carlorie intake so I'm not so scrawny, but idk I really know nothing about lifting.  :D

I find Rousey really attractive.

Change up your program once you feel you plateaued in order to overcome it.

Anyone have their before and after numbers from running smolov? I wasn't going to try it until I hit 300 in my working set so I still have a ways to go.

I ran Smolov Jr for bench and got my max up 20 lbs

Offline Ramage

• * Maker
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:17:13 »
Nice. I'll have to try that on a main lift, also, can't wait for the fight on August 1st. 

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 01:22:53 »

Good numbers. Look up Ed Coan's videos with Supertraining on YouTube, he did some really good ones with them. If you know his name, you'll know what I mean, he's a legend.

As for myself, I'm still trying to catch up and feel like I'm not making up lost ground. With work and fatherhood taking up my time, I'm just trying to maintain, especially with another newborn on the way. Even still, I almost had a 455 lb deadlift all the way up, I should have have squeezed my gluten to lock it out.

Good luck everyone! Work hard, get stronger!

I love the Supertraining videos. Chris in's squat video was awesome and Ed Coan really is a legend in the sport. His Instagram is a great way to see his lift videos from way back when.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 06:08:13 »

I read "before and after number" and immediately felt like humble bragging ...

Started 2.5 years ago at 320ish lbs current weight is hovering at 220. I've hit my goal of wearing a L/XL, now I've switched to strength training with 20 minutes of cardiovascular each day

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 11:06:43 »

I read "before and after number" and immediately felt like humble bragging ...

Started 2.5 years ago at 320ish lbs current weight is hovering at 220. I've hit my goal of wearing a L/XL, now I've switched to strength training with 20 minutes of cardiovascular each day

That's awesome man! Congrats on the weight loss!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 11:08:19 »
this made me giggle sent you funny  :p

On a more serious note I have never had problems with maintaining a healthy weight. Unfortunately I'm a smoker (trying to quit) but I still have a good cardio routine and do light strength training. My diet has been the same for the past couple of years with very little deviation. Lots of protein with lots of fruit and veggies. As a female I am not going for the swoll look however I do like a little definition. I do 10min of calisthenics every day and run for 45 min to 1 hour 5-7days a week.

On a side note I noticed a definite energy increase and weight loss when I stopped drinking. I enjoy running thoroughly and my hour run every morning is usually one of the highlights of my day. There's nothing like the feeling you get after a good workout, freshly showered and with some clean clothes on  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 July 2015, 11:32:04 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 12:29:52 »

On a more serious note I have never had problems with maintaining a healthy weight. Unfortunately I'm a smoker (trying to quit) but I still have a good cardio routine and do light strength training. My diet has been the same for the past couple of years with very little deviation. Lots of protein with lots of fruit and veggies. As a female I am not going for the swoll look however I do like a little definition. I do 10min of calisthenics every day and run for 45 min to 1 hour 5-7days a week.

On a side note I noticed a definite energy increase and weight loss when I stopped drinking. I enjoy running thoroughly and my hour run every morning is usually one of the highlights of my day. There's nothing like the feeling you get after a good workout, freshly showered and with some clean clothes on  :thumb:

Man I wish I had a cardio routine like that, but I just really hate running ): How did you get started with that routine? One of the major problems I have is when I start running/jogging I have a splitting pain in my side, does that ever happen to you?

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 12:44:33 »

Man I wish I had a cardio routine like that, but I just really hate running ): How did you get started with that routine? One of the major problems I have is when I start running/jogging I have a splitting pain in my side, does that ever happen to you?
absolutely when I first started running I would get a stitch all the time. I couldn't run more then 2 miles without getting physically ill and vomiting(I'm pretty sure it had a lot to do with smoking and my alcohol consumption at the time). I started off on a treadmill and worked my way 1/3 or 1/2 mile each week. I stopped running on a treadmill and started running outside around the 5 mile mark.

I rarely get a stitch (intense cramp or side pain) now unless its from not waiting long enough after eating or drinking too much water. It took me awhile to get to this point especially being a smoker but quitting drinking alcohol helped and the rest was just fighting thought the initial pain.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 25 July 2015, 12:52:22 »
Whoa this thing blew up.  I had no idea it would be this popular  :eek: 

My advice for running as someone who never enjoyed it, ever, you just have to do it.  I know that is the cliche answer, but its the truth.  Once your body is used to it, you will have a much better time at it.  Some things that definitely help, are getting the right shoes.  Whether you decide to go barefoot or nice running shoes, you should find a good running store, and get fitted for shoes.  They have you run and video you, to find out your foot strikes.  This was the one thing that helped me out a lot.  I did the barefoot thing for a long time, and really enjoyed it.  But there is nothing like running in a proper pair of shoes.  And like Sed8 said, best to start out slow, and slowly push yourself further.  Another thing that helped me when i first started a few years ago, run outside.  Treadmills are nice, but they can act like a crutch.  If you map out a nice 3-5 mile loop, and get tired 2 miles in, you have to make a 2 mile trip back.  You can run, run/walk, or walk.  All of which are better alternatives than just stopping.  I will add, that I am not an expert when it comes to running.  These are just things that I found helpful for me.  Anyone feel free to chime in, or correct me, if anything I said was wrong.