Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fishbed  (Read 65551 times)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Re: [IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:48:15 »
Great prices, even at the lowest MOQ. GLWB :p

To people who decide to pay using bank wire get 3% off.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline Trousers

« Reply #251 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:49:48 »
I must say, I'll probably get one, but I'm disappointed in the novelties. Nothing to tie it to MiG-21 or Soviet fighters in general, just a generic hammer and sickle esc. Meh.

But he basic colors are nice.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:59:41 »
I must say, I'll probably get one, but I'm disappointed in the novelties. Nothing to tie it to MiG-21 or Soviet fighters in general, just a generic hammer and sickle esc. Meh.

But he basic colors are nice.

Sadly, we tried but the amount of molds would have made the red set around 80 EUR, it was already over-board in the beginning, and people did not vote for keeping MIG related novelties in. The Red Pack uses a mix of new molds and old ones and hits the perfect spot. Most people find the warning lights and the eject button perfect.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 20:12:15 »
I be honest I am a bit dis-pointed to see the ISO key's being included in the main pack but not a eject key at all. I mean honestly I never use the ISO kit's and I would even bank that 90% of people will never use the iso kits.. just added cost on to the set to please 5-10% of the buyers with a kit that never meet MOQ by its self.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #254 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 20:13:55 »
I be honest I am a bit dis-pointed to see the ISO key's being included in the main pack but not a eject key at all. I mean honestly I never use the ISO kit's and I would even bank that 90% of people will never use the iso kits.. just added cost on to the set to please 5-10% of the buyers with a kit that never meet MOQ by its self.

agree

i think ISO keys should all go into the NORDE kit
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Gamatatsu

« Reply #255 on: Thu, 01 March 2018, 21:57:46 »

agree

yes to this

Offline consolation

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 02:10:46 »
Isn't ISO standard for practically the whole of Europe? It would be an odd Mig kit without an ISO. (PS. I played in Photoshop and swapped the fonts of Alphas and legends to red - it looked amazing imho. )

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 02:25:50 »
Isn't ISO standard for practically the whole of Europe? It would be an odd Mig kit without an ISO. (PS. I played in Photoshop and swapped the fonts of Alphas and legends to red - it looked amazing imho. )

Not 100% sure but its been proven time and time again thought multiple buys that norde/iso make up the least amount of sales typically..

Perhaps if this is left in shipping could be reduced for international buyers? Perhaps 8 dollar flat rate for everyone?

Offline Trousers

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 03:33:17 »

agree

Yeah, and there should be a separate ANSI pack so ISO users don't have to pay for the strange enter keys.

Offline Petch

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 08:01:57 »
Why does the 1u numpad 0 have the sub-legend when the rest of the numpad don't? Personally, I prefer the numpad having the nav sub-legends

I would also suggest the 1.75u R3 control key having "Control" as the legend like most GMK sets, not just Ctrl. It's far too big of a key for Ctrl. On a similar note, the R2 1.5u backspace might benefit from being "Delete" as it fits a lot better
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 March 2018, 08:08:50 by Petch »

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #260 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 08:33:10 »
Is there any way to have the OS keycap legends be something generic, like "Super" or "Meta", rather than "Win". I know it might come across as petty, but I run macOS and Linux, and it never really sits well with me to have keysets with "Win" as the OS key.
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 10:50:00 »
Is there any way to have the OS keycap legends be something generic, like "Super" or "Meta", rather than "Win". I know it might come across as petty, but I run macOS and Linux, and it never really sits well with me to have keysets with "Win" as the OS key.
I second this request. Perhaps even "Code", which may even fit the aeronautics theme better than "Win". 

Offline noSatellite

• perpetual n00b
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 12:29:23 »
I second this request. Perhaps even "Code", which may even fit the aeronautics theme better than "Win".

That is an excellent point - I vote for "Code".
What I lack in time, resources, and knowledge I make up for in passion, enthusiasm and ignorance.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 17:08:56 »
Thanks all for the great feedback on the set that we have:

We see that many people have issues with two things - ISO in the Base Kit and the Code/Ctrl Mods

- Regarding the ISO Kit, we are an EU store and we honestly think that the amount of ISO buyers will be higher, meaning the probability of reaching a higher MOQ is much larger for everyone. Most sets come with ISO keys already and taking them away is nearly no cost saving. Regarding the Red ESC Key as standard, this could still be implemented but it will also cause many people not to bother with the red-kit and we think the red kit is essential on this set

- Code and Ctrl will now be fixed, we wanted to go with Ctrl as it is the old way and Code is something newer. I feel like that Code is more modern and changes the taste of the set.

The launch will happen today (3rd of March) as these changes have to be reflected in our 2D layout.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 18:31:28 »

We see that many people have issues with two things - ISO in the Base Kit and the Code/Ctrl Mods

- Regarding the ISO Kit, we are an EU store and we honestly think that the amount of ISO buyers will be higher, meaning the probability of reaching a higher MOQ is much larger for everyone. Most sets come with ISO keys already and taking them away is nearly no cost saving. Regarding the Red ESC Key as standard, this could still be implemented but it will also cause many people not to bother with the red-kit and we think the red kit is essential on this set

- Code and Ctrl will now be fixed, we wanted to go with Ctrl as it is the old way and Code is something newer. I feel like that Code is more modern and changes the taste of the set.

The launch will happen today (3rd of March) as these changes have to be reflected in our 2D layout.

Thats really sad to hear about the ISO kit.. I be passing.. I followed this set since the start have been extremely excited about it but I not going to pay for something that the majority of users won't use regardless of were the sets being sold. I think the EU store is kinda flimsy excuses for.. we don't want to remove it because we know it won't hit MOQ on its own.

The current state of the Euro vs the Dollar + the fact shipping is going to cost good chunk ((Assuming 15 dollar DHL Shipping)).. I would estimate around 141 dollars to US buyers just for the base kit. Buyer wanted the entire kit your looking at closer to 190.90 (15 dollar DHL Shipping estimate)).  That doesn't even speak for buyers in Canada who will most likely be paying far more. The cost of the base kit is of great concern special when other key's that where desirable where not included. I hope this helps you understand least my point of view. I don't see the European's helping with America's shipping cost nor would I ask them to.

I sadly think this will suffer the same fate as the group buy in October GMK Eclipse which sadly was far to pricey in my opinion was running at a time where there where a lot of other outstanding group buy's running at the same time. I hope wrong wish you the best. I am extremely dis pointed in the outcome of this as been waiting since September. I figured being upfront and blunt about my feelings special as a prospective customer is better then beating around the bush. I guess time will tell thought what the ultimate outcome of this project will be.

Removing the ISO parts from the kit dropped the price by even 10-15 dollars this would be enough to least offset the cost of our shipping.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 10:37:24 »

Thats really sad to hear about the ISO kit.. I be passing.. I followed this set since the start have been extremely excited about it but I not going to pay for something that the majority of users won't use regardless of were the sets being sold. I think the EU store is kinda flimsy excuses for.. we don't want to remove it because we know it won't hit MOQ on its own.

The current state of the Euro vs the Dollar + the fact shipping is going to cost good chunk ((Assuming 15 dollar DHL Shipping)).. I would estimate around 141 dollars to US buyers just for the base kit. Buyer wanted the entire kit your looking at closer to 190.90 (15 dollar DHL Shipping estimate)).  That doesn't even speak for buyers in Canada who will most likely be paying far more. The cost of the base kit is of great concern special when other key's that where desirable where not included. I hope this helps you understand least my point of view. I don't see the European's helping with America's shipping cost nor would I ask them to.

I sadly think this will suffer the same fate as the group buy in October GMK Eclipse which sadly was far to pricey in my opinion was running at a time where there where a lot of other outstanding group buy's running at the same time. I hope wrong wish you the best. I am extremely dis pointed in the outcome of this as been waiting since September. I figured being upfront and blunt about my feelings special as a prospective customer is better then beating around the bush. I guess time will tell thought what the ultimate outcome of this project will be.

Removing the ISO parts from the kit dropped the price by even 10-15 dollars this would be enough to least offset the cost of our shipping.

Assuming that is an opinion many users will share, we will ask GMK what the price is without the ISO keys, if the price changes by a small amount then we will keep the set so as it then makes no sense. We also have the opportunity to Proxy in the US which is not a problem as we have the contact to do it there. There are two ways to do this. We are worried that proxying to the US will cause a disagreement in pricing as we have gone to the minimum.

Offline avid

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 10:42:38 »
Dont drop ISO keys needed (r4, r3, iso enter, small shift).

I find it to be absurd to drop the ISO part but include fringe keys needed for 40% boards. I'm also not sure why we need doubles of 2,3,4 and the key next to "1". If you want to continue dropping keys drop the 6u spacebar.

Who is all the people complaining about dropping ISO? I see hotroderx making 10 posts about it, so it might seem like many while in fact there is only a lone user screaming at the moon.

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 11:18:05 »
I second this point. You can't please everybody and one user doesn't make up for the population.

Just launch this, Ive been waiting for it!!!

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #268 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 11:31:19 »
I second this point. You can't please everybody and one user doesn't make up for the population.

Just launch this, Ive been waiting for it!!!

Will prep. the pages tonight, and decide after a few more responses!

Offline WHeisenberg

« Reply #269 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 12:23:35 »
Dont drop ISO keys needed (r4, r3, iso enter, small shift).

I find it to be absurd to drop the ISO part but include fringe keys needed for 40% boards. I'm also not sure why we need doubles of 2,3,4 and the key next to "1". If you want to continue dropping keys drop the 6u spacebar.

Who is all the people complaining about dropping ISO? I see hotroderx making 10 posts about it, so it might seem like many while in fact there is only a lone user screaming at the moon.

For what it's worth - I wholeheartedly agree!
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 12:28:32 by WHeisenberg »

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 12:46:47 »
Looking forward to the release of this since the end of last year, and I don't think I can get it without the Red Kit too!

Offline Fooblitzky

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:58:43 »
Is the red "RETURN" going to be centered as shown and the grey "RETURN" left justified?

If you are making a custom legend, the jet logo looks snazzier than the "FIRE" button and gives the set more character. I don't know the cost differences though.

I know it's about cost savings, but "Ins, Home, PgUp" Red/Yellow/Green keys look awkward to me and you could only use them logically on a few types of boards. I like the use of the colors. Maybe more standard "ESC" colors?

Dark grey and red "EJECT" looks better integrated to the set than white and red "EJECT" to me.

1.25u "Code" keys maybe for non-"Win" folks?

Just my 2 cents.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 17:58:41 »
Thanks for the support guys! We will launch it tomorrow morning or mid-day then because in the end it makes sense to satisfy the majority and in our region.

Is the red "RETURN" going to be centered as shown and the grey "RETURN" left justified?

If you are making a custom legend, the jet logo looks snazzier than the "FIRE" button and gives the set more character. I don't know the cost differences though.

I know it's about cost savings, but "Ins, Home, PgUp" Red/Yellow/Green keys look awkward to me and you could only use them logically on a few types of boards. I like the use of the colors. Maybe more standard "ESC" colors?

Dark grey and red "EJECT" looks better integrated to the set than white and red "EJECT" to me.

1.25u "Code" keys maybe for non-"Win" folks?

Just my 2 cents.

Will ask GMK, regarding the Red Yellow Green, there was the argument to keep them in. People wanted that they would be custom but it would drive the costs even higher. We need to patch up Ctrl, Code, Control differences.

« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 18:01:41 by CandyKeys »

Offline BrambleTheBoar

• Keep it tight!
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 18:24:42 »
I can't wait for this set.  So excited!!!

Offline Petch

« Reply #274 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:30:51 »
'Control' on one 1.5u key but not on the other or the R3 1.75u?

Still has a sub-legend on the numpad 1u 0 and not on the rest of the numpad.

Also no R4 End key to finish off the 75% support
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:36:30 by Petch »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 21:22:18 »
'Control' on one 1.5u key but not on the other or the R3 1.75u?

Still has a sub-legend on the numpad 1u 0 and not on the rest of the numpad.

Show Image

Also no R4 End key to finish off the 75% support

All has been noted by GMK and will be changed.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #276 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 21:32:56 »
How come there are 1.25u Win Logo keys but 1u Code keys? :confused:

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 17:36:52 »
How come there are 1.25u Win Logo keys but 1u Code keys? :confused:

Where do you see win logos? :O Maybe old files, 1u code keys are there to replace not just ctrl keys but code keys are universal. We are still figuring this out over-time, but the GB is now live on our website! Will post info tomorrow.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #278 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 01:16:09 »
are the split space bars really included in the base kit?

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #279 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 01:38:50 »
We also have the opportunity to Proxy in the US which is not a problem as we have the contact to do it there. There are two ways to do this. We are worried that proxying to the US will cause a disagreement in pricing as we have gone to the minimum.

Is there going to be a US proxy? I recently got in on the GMK 60's Happy Life GB when I noticed the US proxy was donut cables.

Offline FSund

« Reply #280 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 02:20:12 »
Is the space bar kit not available, or is it included in the base kit?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:33:25 by FSund »
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #281 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:04:52 »
Hey there, apparently there is no option to get the spacebar kit, will this be included in the base kit?
TGR Jane V2

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #282 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:33:43 »
Our bad,

Fixing it now.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #283 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:35:00 »
edit: I'll email you about adding the space bar kit to my order...
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:37:04 by RealLaugh »

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #284 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:45:47 »
Everything is now fixed, for people that purchased already (the red pack) you will get a small refund because the actual price has dropped by a lot, there was an error on our behalf of calculations. Otherwise, happy purchasing! Any questions, send it to support@candykeys.com and one of the team members will answer.

Offline FSund

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 04:52:08 »
I think there's a slight error with the Nordic kit, you have two Ä's, but no Å. I think the R2 Ä should be a Å, for Norwegians and Danes.

190669-0
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:01:36 »
Are you gentlemen sure about the hammer and sickle being white on red? It should really be yellow on red.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 06:02:50 »
I think there's a slight error with the Nordic kit, you have two Ä's, but no Å. I think the R2 Ä should be a Å, for Norwegians and Danes.

(Attachment Link)

Correct, we are posting a revised edition of the NORDE kit soon.

Are you gentlemen sure about the hammer and sickle being white on red? It should really be yellow on red.
We are sure, the reason being that adding yellow will add more contrast to the set and to keep the low-level cockpit feeling we do not want to add a yellow symbol because then we are adding one more color in another portion of the keyboard.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #288 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 06:54:59 »

We are sure, the reason being that adding yellow will add more contrast to the set and to keep the low-level cockpit feeling we do not want to add a yellow symbol because then we are adding one more color in another portion of the keyboard.
Very well, thanks for clarifying.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Petch

« Reply #289 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:25:56 »
Just remove the commie key tbh

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #290 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:27:26 »
Just remove the commie key tbh

The majority of the people wanted it in and since the Mold is already there from GMK Yuri then the price difference is nearly close to nothing.

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 14:46:47 »
I'm in! Lets hit MOQ and get this moving :)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #292 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:37:29 »

Good stuff! Time to somehow get this moved to the GB forum

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:43:45 »

Good stuff! Time to somehow get this moved to the GB forum

just post a new topic and/or PM a mod
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #294 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:32:46 »
What are the spacebar sizes? Are any 3u?

Digging the set, v tempted.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #295 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:45:15 »
What are the spacebar sizes? Are any 3u?

Digging the set, v tempted.

GMK cant't do 3u

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #296 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:55:29 »
As the group buy is now open, the interest check phase is over, and this thread is being locked.  Please create a dedicated discussion thread for the group buy if you wish to discuss the GB progress.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -