Author Topic: [CLOSED][GB] GLOVE x Domikey OCR Receipt Keycaps  (Read 2684 times)

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
[CLOSED][GB] GLOVE x Domikey OCR Receipt Keycaps
« on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 21:36:09 »

GB PAGE

Shopping Receipt is received everyday when we buy something from a shop.  In that IKEA prints a receipt on a rug, what about to print on keycaps?  GLOVE makes it happen.  Here is his new design OCR Receipt theme.

KEYCAPS

The barcode and OCR font are key point for a receipt. GLOVE uses Code39 standard for his barcode design on keys. GLOVE choose OCR-A font for letters.

Keycap is made by Domikey.  using High-quality PBT with single-side dye sublimation, the keycap looks more decent and retro.

SPEC

Cherry profile
PBT
Single side Dye sublimation

HAVE IT FUN

Yes. You don't get it wrong.  The barcode isn't just a decoration. It is real barcode which you can scan and get the text. Keycaps isn't just a cloth of a keyboard, it can be fun as well.

ARTISAN & MOUSEPAD

GLOVE also prepares associated theme artisan and mousepad.

Artisan is resin keycap with Barcode printed. You can scan see what you get.

Mousepad is a large size at 900x400 mm. A barcode is printed as well. Scan it and find what the barcode is.

GB closed on 23rd June PST
Estimated delivery in August 2024 PST

Join KPrepublic Discord to follow the status and share your ideas.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2024, 22:50:38 by KPrepublic »

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
Re: [GB] GLOVE x Domikey OCR Receipt Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 21:37:29 »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 June 2024, 22:03:05 »
It would be nice if Domikey started offering scooped or dotted homing keys. I won't buy any more sets that only have barred homing keys.

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 June 2024, 01:00:53 »
It would be nice if Domikey started offering scooped or dotted homing keys. I won't buy any more sets that only have barred homing keys.

you mean the positian bar on J F key and num 5 key, don't you?

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 June 2024, 10:17:45 »
Damn Domikey still using those weird spacebar molds... :'( If it wasn't for that I'd have gotten a few DMK sets by now.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 15 June 2024, 11:54:58 »

Yes, the "position bar" on J F and num 5 is one way to describe it.

I think it would be much preferable if Domikey also offered an alternative to "position bar" homing keys.

This alternative to the "position bar" could take the form of "scooped" keycaps [as in CRP and GMK], or a "dotted" homing key, as seen in DCS. Either one would be preferable.

If it is too expensive to make new molds, then even homing keys in regular-profile, same as all the other keys and no differentiation, would be preferable over having only the "position bar."

I understand that Domikey would like to be seen as an alternative to GMK. However, GMK offers superior choice by having scooped homing keys, and so does CRP. In fact, CRP offers scooped and dotted homing keys, I think. I would be much more inclined to purchase additional Domikey sets if they offered "scooped" or "dotted" homing keys in addition to the "position bar" option. This would help people who use keyboards.

Also, I would be willing to buy additional 'accent' and 'theme' add-ons for existing Domikey sets, such as "Hush Deep Sea" or the space exploration ones.

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 15 June 2024, 21:59:37 »

Yes, the "position bar" on J F and num 5 is one way to describe it.

I think it would be much preferable if Domikey also offered an alternative to "position bar" homing keys.

This alternative to the "position bar" could take the form of "scooped" keycaps [as in CRP and GMK], or a "dotted" homing key, as seen in DCS. Either one would be preferable.

If it is too expensive to make new molds, then even homing keys in regular-profile, same as all the other keys and no differentiation, would be preferable over having only the "position bar."

I understand that Domikey would like to be seen as an alternative to GMK. However, GMK offers superior choice by having scooped homing keys, and so does CRP. In fact, CRP offers scooped and dotted homing keys, I think. I would be much more inclined to purchase additional Domikey sets if they offered "scooped" or "dotted" homing keys in addition to the "position bar" option. This would help people who use keyboards.

Also, I would be willing to buy additional 'accent' and 'theme' add-ons for existing Domikey sets, such as "Hush Deep Sea" or the space exploration ones.

We will talk with Domikey see if or not they have such plan creating such keycap in the future.For now, Domikey has only the bar-style position key.

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 16 June 2024, 07:16:41 »

We will talk with Domikey see if or not they have such plan creating such keycap in the future.For now, Domikey has only the bar-style position key.

Thanks!

I have, in the past, purchased Domikey keycaps from KPRepublic store. So this would increase the value that Domikey and KPRepublic bring to keyboard modification for myself and likely others as well.

Offline KPrepublic

• KPrepublic
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 16 June 2024, 22:08:04 »
308456-0

308458-1

308460-2