Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766438 times)

Offline demorior

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 17:39:06 »
Nope, there never was a hierarchy. Nothing changed. Regardless I'm sorry that was what you thought and it really would suck to find out that's not the case. October isn't so far off, I think once we have them it will be worth the wait.

And it's not going to be the last Keyboard project that is going to have delays and ship late, I suspect these delays aren't the worst we will see on future projects by other creators, and definitely not the longest delay we have seen before as a community by far.

You're disagreeing with what the GB runner posted:

Later. There isn't many who ordered the aluminum bottom. So the manufacturer will run it after the polycarbonate bottom.

If you're going to tell someone they're wrong, you have to be right or you look foolish.

On topic, I don't mind delays (and we've had multiple in this buy already let's don't kid ourselves) but going delay, delay, delay then "oops, we're still 2-4 months away from fulfillment" when we're already 2 months overdue is frustrating and unprofessional.
agreed. too many people apologizing for poor planning and lack of foresight in here.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #901 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 17:50:00 »
Maybe it's time for those big names who are supporting this project to comment. You remember: TARO?

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #902 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 17:56:08 »
Let me be clear, I'm not upset with anyone about the delay, I'm just not pleased I have to wait till approx. October for it. I'm not directing my irritation at any individual.

But all of you bring up an excellent point, which is that communication is paramount. It should not have taken this long to hear about this.

Also I thought it had been mentioned that the polycarb bottoms were gonna ship first. That's what led me to believe there was a shipping hierarchy.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #903 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 18:20:28 »
My recollection:

There was a delay related to the GMK set. Kits without keys were going to ship first.

Recently, there was the fact that the aluminum bottoms hasn't entered production yet. Acrylic was supposed to ship first (I quoted it above)

Your recollection matches information in this thread.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #904 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 19:00:18 »
With the timeline as it is i don't think that the GMK set isn't going to hold back the ship date, considering the kit itself had more delays than the GMK set, which is more or less right on time.

I would really want an updated timeline, even if it is an estimate. I initially thought i'd have to wait multiple weeks for the GMK set to arrive before my kit would ship but it looks like the former would wait for the latter.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #905 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 19:31:39 »
With the timeline as it is i don't think that the GMK set isn't going to hold back the ship date, considering the kit itself had more delays than the GMK set, which is more or less right on time.

I would really want an updated timeline, even if it is an estimate. I initially thought i'd have to wait multiple weeks for the GMK set to arrive before my kit would ship but it looks like the former would wait for the latter.
An update has been posted at the third post of this thread
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #906 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 21:45:38 »
Damn, October. Didn't know we were that behind, even more so since the alu bottoms will have to wait til the polycarb ones are finished.

Hopefully the quality is up to par. Still extremely excited for this board, but i'll probably get to building another board in the meantime.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:09:37 »
If you're going to tell someone they're wrong, you have to be right or you look foolish.

Who cares if I look foolish once in a while, out of the thousands of online posts I make in any given week, in front of maybe 15 complete strangers, that I will never meet, a fraction of whom will never even catch that I made a mistake in the first place, and which will be forgotten figuratively 15 minutes later and will be buried obscurely in hardly any more time that that. You caught me! How ever will I recover from what a fool I look like.

And while updates would be nice, they aren't professionals, updating us is a courtesy, not an obligation, and I don't think we are entitled to them like people are seemingly getting really bent out of shape expressing.

Offline demorior

« Reply #908 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:13:41 »

Who cares if I look foolish once in a while, out of the thousands of online posts I make in any given week, in front of maybe 15 complete strangers, that I will never meet, a fraction of whom will never even catch that I made a mistake in the first place, and which will be forgotten figuratively 15 minutes later and will be buried obscurely in hardly any more time that that. You caught me! How ever will I recover from what a fool I look like.

And while updates would be nice, they aren't professionals, updating us is a courtesy, not an obligation, and I don't think we are entitled to them like people are seemingly getting really bent out of shape expressing.
naw we definitely are entitled to updates especially since this run is running extremely behind.

« Reply #909 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:31:02 »
naw we definitely are entitled to updates especially since this run is running extremely behind.

Entitled by what? What gives you the entitlement? A casual, forum based, consumer run crowd funding project fell behind and their level of communication isn't matching a professional company level and you feel like they owe it to you personally to handhold you through the process because why? It's how you want it to be? **** doesn't work like that. Be happy it's a cool keyboard and you get to have one, there are a ton of people that weren't able to that would be super stoked just to be a part of the project and would gladly wait through radio silence just to get one even if it took until next year. It doesn't matter that they aren't communicating, all that matters is that the keyboard gets made. You aren't entitled to anything just because you preordered someone's side hobby on a niche forum in some random corner of the internet.

Offline demorior

« Reply #910 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:34:29 »

Entitled by what? What gives you the entitlement? A casual, forum based, consumer run crowd funding project fell behind and their level of communication isn't matching a professional company level and you feel like they owe it to you personally to handhold you through the process because why? It's how you want it to be? **** doesn't work like that. Be happy it's a cool keyboard and you get to have one, there are a ton of people that weren't able to that would be super stoked just to be a part of the project and would gladly wait through radio silence just to get one even if it took until next year. It doesn't matter that they aren't communicating, all that matters is that the keyboard gets made. You aren't entitled to anything just because you preordered someone's side hobby on a niche forum in some random corner of the internet.
"what gives you that entitlement"

the fact that i paid money for it, duh. didn't even read the rest of that nonsense.

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:37:39 »

the fact that i paid money for it, duh. didn't even read the rest of that nonsense.

Money doesn't equal entitlement, don't be ignorant.

Edited to clarify my point.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 23:07:49 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline demorior

« Reply #912 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:39:17 »

Money doesn't entitle you to anything other than a product, don't be ignorant.
"don't be ignorant" ironic :-/

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #913 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 04:28:36 »

Demorior clearly hasn’t been part of this community long enough to know how these things go. And handles the delay with teenage impatience.

Groupbuys are 90% not on time. Any communication is great. I have sometimes gone several months without hearing anything about the status or the reasons behind a delay. Some group buys even fail and you will not even see your money back.

Pleas just relax, calm down, grow up and look forward to the awesome keyboard you will receive this year.

Thank you.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #914 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 06:17:52 »

Demorior clearly hasn’t been part of this community long enough to know how these things go. And handles the delay with teenage impatience.

Groupbuys are 90% not on time. Any communication is great. I have sometimes gone several months without hearing anything about the status or the reasons behind a delay. Some group buys even fail and you will not even see your money back.

Pleas just relax, calm down, grow up and look forward to the awesome keyboard you will receive this year.

Thank you.

I agree with you. But I think the host has to provide more regular updates about the progress.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 August 2017, 06:25:39 by Helldrop »

Offline Data

« Reply #915 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 06:32:47 »
Money has changed hands.  Like it or not, this is a business transaction and there are certain reasonable expectations that come with it.  They may not be "professionals" but the team behind this GB has an obligation to keep us informed.  And it looks like they intend to do that, so everything is as it should be.  /shrug

Updating isn't a courtesy.  You're being ridiculous.

« Reply #916 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 06:54:38 »
Money has changed hands.  Like it or not, this is a business transaction and there are certain reasonable expectations that come with it.  They may not be "professionals" but the team behind this GB has an obligation to keep us informed.  And it looks like they intend to do that, so everything is as it should be.  /shrug

You can have a reasonable expectation of without being entitled. I'm not being ridiculous, I just realize that giving someone money doesn't indebt them to me. Sure it's nice when there is information, but I don't care when there isn't. This isn't a medicine I need to live, where not getting it exactly when I need it will cause me harm. It's a toy, I would argue that it is a toy that literally everyone who is getting it already has at least one other toy that does the exact same thing this one does, so what if it's late, like nearly every crowd funding project of the nearly 200 I have been a part of (many of which have been offered by actually professional companies) has been. They don't have an obligation to keep us informed, it would just be swell if they did, but we aren't paying them for information; they have an obligation to deliver a product, you just have this assumption 'I want this so it should be this way because it's what I want' that makes you feel like they owe you information.

Offline Data

« Reply #917 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 07:07:39 »

You can have a reasonable expectation of without being entitled. I'm not being ridiculous, I just realize that giving someone money doesn't indebt them to me. Sure it's nice when there is information, but I don't care when there isn't. This isn't a medicine I need to live, where not getting it exactly when I need it will cause me harm. It's a toy, I would argue that it is a toy that literally everyone who is getting it already has at least one other toy that does the exact same thing this one does, so what if it's late, like nearly every crowd funding project of the nearly 200 I have been a part of (many of which have been offered by actually professional companies) has been. They don't have an obligation to keep us informed, it would just be swell if they did, but we aren't paying them for information; they have an obligation to deliver a product, you just have this assumption 'I want this so it should be this way because it's what I want' that makes you feel like they owe you information.

Yes, I'm trying to be reasonable.  And I agree that not everyone has behaved that way these last couple of days.

The subjective importance/significance of the product is not relevant.  I would expect the same level of communication from the team had they sold me a new yacht or a toothpick.  Maybe they don't conduct business that way in your part of the world, but where I come from, you keep your customer apprised of the situation regarding his order -- whether you're a "professional" or not.  And that's doubly true when you've overrun your original delivery estimate.

This is all academic, as clearly juahenza is prepared to give us regular updates.  So we needn't argue the point.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #918 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 08:34:27 »

I wish I was more like you. You're very patient, kind and understanding.

Offline demorior

« Reply #919 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:29:46 »

Thank you.
ah yes, more people to apologize for people not doing their jobs. if you're going to run a group buy and take several people's money, you accept responsibility for that money. this community and group buys could be better if some accountability was put into place. if you think it's ok to not provide updates after several weeks have passed beyond the expected ship time please do not ever run a business or try to arrange a group buy yourself.

« Reply #920 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:37:13 »
ah yes, more people to apologize for people not doing their jobs. if you're going to run a group buy and take several people's money, you accept responsibility for that money. this community and group buys could be better if some accountability was put into place. if you think it's ok to not provide updates after several weeks have passed beyond the expected ship time please do not ever run a business or try to arrange a group buy yourself.

It's not a job they are doing. And there isn't anything to indicate they aren't treating our money with the utmost responsibility. I'm just saying 'ok'/'not ok' doesn't play into the equation, it just doesn't matter. It's not causing a problem, it's not hurting anyone, it's not an important product that is going to disrupt the marketplace, it's a tiny hobby project that's taking longer than expected. Whooptidoo. Your money hasn't gone anywhere, your keyboard will show up eventually. And I have no doubts the creator will happily refund you if for some reason a surprise delay makes it impossible for you to exercise some patience.

Offline demorior

« Reply #921 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:40:04 »

It's not a job they are doing. And there isn't anything to indicate they aren't treating our money with the utmost responsibility. I'm just saying 'ok'/'not ok' doesn't play into the equation, it just doesn't matter. It's not causing a problem, it's not hurting anyone, it's not an important product that is going to disrupt the marketplace, it's a tiny hobby project that's taking longer than expected. Whooptidoo. Your money hasn't gone anywhere, your keyboard will show up eventually. And I have no doubts the creator will happily refund you if for some reason a surprise delay makes it impossible for you to exercise some patience.
your issue is you think just because you're ok with not receiving updates and massive delays that everyone should also be, too. not how the world works, unfortunately.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #922 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:40:59 »
It's not a job they are doing.

How is getting paid to design and produce a product not a job?

« Reply #923 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:51:29 »
your issue is you think just because you're ok with not receiving updates and massive delays that everyone should also be, too. not how the world works, unfortunately.

It's not an issue. I just think people should exercise a little acceptance and complain less. But unfortunate you are right, that's not how the world works.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #924 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:56:19 »

Especially:

TGR
Aconic
RAMA
Originative

This isn't some neckbeard in his or her parent's basement (or at least it was advertised as being that way).

Offline Data

« Reply #925 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:04:38 »

Especially:

TGR
Aconic
RAMA
Originative

This isn't some neckbeard in his or her parent's basement (or at least it was advertised as being that way).

This guy gets it.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #926 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:40:46 »

WTF? Any given one of us as over 200$ sunk into this. Most of us probably a lot more than that. I'm not gonna throw that kinda money at people who don't act professional, and they damned well do have an obligation to update us. Especially if they hope to have us join another GB of theirs. This isn't a ****ing charity here. Get your head out of your ass.

Wow I read some more of your comments. Your head is so far up your ass it's gone back up through your torso and neck and up into outer space. You're a goddamned moron.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:44:27 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #927 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 12:06:00 »
I'm super patient and I usually am super understanding of delays and unforeseeable obstacles that pop up but honestly, Demorior has a point.

If things were handled better and people were held accountable for mistakes that happen (as they are with bigger businesses) then maybe things would be less sloppy. A delay of like 3 months should not be announced like the exact moment the product is meant to be starting to be sent out for delivery.

Can WE do anything about it? No. Am I annoyed that it's taking forever and that it was announced way too late? A little. Am I going to complain? No, I don't think it's really warranted, it sucks that the QC of the anode etc or what it was exactly had to be redone but I rather that than getting a ****ty finish.

Additionally, we don't know the details and don't know who should be held accountable for what happened - I feel raging at GB runners can be unfair depending on how exactly things went down. Whether or not this should be disclosed it another thing entirely.

Offline merutz

• @merutz
« Reply #928 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 12:24:21 »
WTF? Any given one of us as over 200$ sunk into this. Most of us probably a lot more than that. I'm not gonna throw that kinda money at people who don't act professional, and they damned well do have an obligation to update us. Especially if they hope to have us join another GB of theirs. This isn't a ****ing charity here. Get your head out of your ass.

Wow I read some more of your comments. Your head is so far up your ass it's gone back up through your torso and neck and up into outer space. You're a goddamned moron.

You've had way too many pancakes man...  :))

QFR R-i/DSA Dolch   |   MX Master
     + yellow Esc

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #929 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 13:28:14 »
I'm super patient and I usually am super understanding of delays and unforeseeable obstacles that pop up but honestly, Demorior has a point.

If things were handled better and people were held accountable for mistakes that happen (as they are with bigger businesses) then maybe things would be less sloppy. A delay of like 3 months should not be announced like the exact moment the product is meant to be starting to be sent out for delivery.

Can WE do anything about it? No. Am I annoyed that it's taking forever and that it was announced way too late? A little. Am I going to complain? No, I don't think it's really warranted, it sucks that the QC of the anode etc or what it was exactly had to be redone but I rather that than getting a ****ty finish.

Additionally, we don't know the details and don't know who should be held accountable for what happened - I feel raging at GB runners can be unfair depending on how exactly things went down. Whether or not this should be disclosed it another thing entirely.

I know this wasn't directed specifically at me, necessarily, but I'm not trying to rage at anyone in particular. I do think communication should have been better, I do think these things should be run professionally, I do think all of us constantly hear about some of these past nightmare groupbuys and get rightfully nervous when things get delayed or there is a lack of communication.

On the other hand, not knowing all the facts I don't blame the group buy runners for the delays, although I do believe that updates should come at shorter than two and a half week intervals. I also don't think the GB runners should release a shoddy product simply to meet due dates.

Offline eddible

« Reply #930 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 17:32:55 »
A delay of like 3 months should not be announced like the exact moment the product is meant to be starting to be sent out for delivery.

This is the issue. I've done enough GBs to understand that delays happen, but you've got to be more transparent. It's almost more frustrating with this one because of the names involved. Originative will be stocking these cases post GB according to what's been said, so it isn't like people aren't going to be making a profit from this. We should be treated like paying customers and respected as such.

« Reply #931 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 18:05:03 »
but I'm not trying to rage at anyone in particular.

Get your head out of your ass.

Your head is so far up your ass

You're a goddamned moron.

Looks like you're trying to rage very specifically at someone.

I'm not a moron for understanding that **** happens and not getting upset about it. For being a mature adult in accepting that there was a delay and not getting bent out of shape because there wasn't immediate coddling. I'm not a moron for having a healthier perspective on the situation that doesn't equate person's communication with the quality of their product, for realizing there would likely be delays ahead of time (which everyone seems to have expressed believing) and when they happened being able to say 'saw that coming' to myself instead of 'I demand information immediately or I'm not buying your **** again' to them.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #932 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 18:56:32 »
Just a reminder to be civil to other users, even those you don't agree with.

The vast majority of GBs have delays. It is reasonable for people who have given their money to ask politely for updates, particularly when there are changes to the original schedule, and it helps to keep the GB runner accountable. Joining GBs has a degree of inherent risk, if you're not willing to handle that risk, you shouldn't be joining GBs.

Thank-you to everyone who has stayed civil throughout this thread.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

« Reply #933 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 19:18:40 »
Ok, my weird 'consumers have no rights' dogma aside, isn't it reasonable to assume that they just wanted to wait to update us until they had the information on hand? I don't know if it would have been better if they had just messaged us saying 'there is going to be a sizeable delay, we don't have any information yet' and let peoples imaginations go wild.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:20:27 »
isn't it reasonable to assume that they just wanted to wait to update us until they had the information on hand?

Absent other information, sure. There was a prototype EXENT at the Oco meet on 7/13 with an acrylic bottom.

They knew about the machining trouble then, they had to.

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:32:46 »
I would thank everyone for being patient with us. All of you to be exact. We are discussing with the manufacturer now, to see if it's possible to deliver those bottom in batches by not affecting much to the cost. If that is possible, we will be able to start delivering earlier.

With only 3/5 of the MOQ is fulfilled, aggreesively priced kit, money being withheld by PayPal, the delays and also issues with the QC, these are clearly the things that I have underestimated, when I naively pull Sherry and Sam in, to "give something back to community".

I understand that the lack of communication in the last few weeks have been worrying for you guys, I will check in more often to keep you posted. And mentioned earlier, there will be an update at least from us every week.

Cheers, enjoy your weekend.
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline Traveler

[GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:33:57 »
Ok, my weird 'consumers have no rights' dogma aside, isn't it reasonable to assume that they just wanted to wait to update us until they had the information on hand? I don't know if it would have been better if they had just messaged us saying 'there is going to be a sizeable delay, we don't have any information yet' and let peoples imaginations go wild.

That kind of situation is a tough call. I've seen a Kickstarter (Eve V tablet) do the same thing as you mentioned: "wait to update us until they had the information on hand". The reaction of the people is much of the same reaction echoed here: any info and communication (no matter how small) is preferred over none. Like you said, imaginations can run wild, but that's true on both sides. And silence can feed imagination just as much or more than small parts of empty info. Silence always concerns me more than bad news.

But at least we finally have news now, and will have more as things progress.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #937 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:57:25 »
but I'm not trying to rage at anyone in particular.

Get your head out of your ass.

Your head is so far up your ass

You're a goddamned moron.

Looks like you're trying to rage very specifically at someone.

I'm not a moron for understanding that **** happens and not getting upset about it. For being a mature adult in accepting that there was a delay and not getting bent out of shape because there wasn't immediate coddling. I'm not a moron for having a healthier perspective on the situation that doesn't equate person's communication with the quality of their product, for realizing there would likely be delays ahead of time (which everyone seems to have expressed believing) and when they happened being able to say 'saw that coming' to myself instead of 'I demand information immediately or I'm not buying your **** again' to them.

When I said "no one specifically" I meant the GB runners. With you, on the other hand, I'm simply not going to engage anymore, even as difficult as you are making that for me.  Good lord man.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #938 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 11:02:11 »
I would thank everyone for being patient with us. All of you to be exact. We are discussing with the manufacturer now, to see if it's possible to deliver those bottom in batches by not affecting much to the cost. If that is possible, we will be able to start delivering earlier.

With only 3/5 of the MOQ is fulfilled, aggreesively priced kit, money being withheld by PayPal, the delays and also issues with the QC, these are clearly the things that I have underestimated, when I naively pull Sherry and Sam in, to "give something back to community".

I understand that the lack of communication in the last few weeks have been worrying for you guys, I will check in more often to keep you posted. And mentioned earlier, there will be an update at least from us every week.

Cheers, enjoy your weekend.

Hey Juahenza, thanks for checking in. Since transparent bottoms are taking a lot of time to produce, wouldn't it be better to make the aluminum bottoms first since they have to be anodized and also get checked for any issues? Just my 2 cents for not having delays anymore.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 11:04:52 by Marvellion »

Offline codywanks

« Reply #939 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 13:30:18 »
Hey Juahenza, thanks for checking in. Since transparent bottoms are taking a lot of time to produce, wouldn't it be better to make the aluminum bottoms first since they have to be anodized and also get checked for any issues? Just my 2 cents for not having delays anymore.

I'm betting you picked alu instead of PC eh? Nice attempt at trying to skip the queue  :thumb:

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #940 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 14:45:23 »

I'm betting you picked alu instead of PC eh? Nice attempt at trying to skip the queue  :thumb:

Not that its a bad thing, i got alu bottoms too and i had that thought initially. Though i'm pretty sure since they've already started they can't just stop and do something else. It made sense that you'd make the alu first if you knew the polycarb would take x amount of time longer.

I feel that they can't do anything on that front unfortunately, we're all going to have to live with that extra delay.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #941 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 15:49:48 »

Whoops busted  :p . But really I am serious about what I said. If an anodizing issue were to surface with alu bottoms shipping could get delayed to friggin 2018. I am completely fine with waiting 1-2 weeks extra for Alu bottoms but any more than that is just bad planning.

Offline monkeyplusplus

« Reply #942 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 15:02:54 »
I don't remember if I ordered an aluminum bottom or not, but after seeing Rama's M65-A with an aluminum bottom I kinda really super want the aluminum bottom on the Exent <3

« Reply #943 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 22:04:48 »
I don't remember if I ordered an aluminum bottom or not, but after seeing Rama's M65-A with an aluminum bottom I kinda really super want the aluminum bottom on the Exent <3

After seeing everything about RAMA's M65-A I really regret not getting one. There might be extra parts after this ships for people to get extra bits and pieces. I ended up getting one full kit for this and one barebones because I couldn't decide on just one color, or poly/alu bottom. Oh and because I have horrible financial prioritization.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #944 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 22:30:27 »

After seeing everything about RAMA's M65-A I really regret not getting one. There might be extra parts after this ships for people to get extra bits and pieces. I ended up getting one full kit for this and one barebones because I couldn't decide on just one color, or poly/alu bottom. Oh and because I have horrible financial prioritization.
I have locked to Alu bottom at the first move since myself hate bottom lighting/RGB shine through.

Offline txclack

« Reply #945 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 22:47:00 »
I am willing to purchase the GMK set from anyone if you ordered it with the group buy and changed your mind after.  :thumb:

Offline typischt

« Reply #946 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 22:58:44 »
Congrats to everyone in the group buy for getting in on this. It's such a nice keyboard and I'm for sure gonna try to get one of the extras!
Is there a picture anywhere with the alu bottom?
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 23:07:28 by typischt »

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #947 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 09:09:28 »
Managed to check on the anodized dark gray top today, they look pretty good. We should be expecting the pink ones in the next 2-3 days.

456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline speedemonv12

« Reply #948 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 09:12:21 »
Managed to check on the anodized dark gray top today, they look pretty good. We should be expecting the pink ones in the next 2-3 days.

Show Image

Awesome!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #949 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:22:17 »

Show Image

cool! is that the dark gray on the left, & then the black on the right side? or are they all gray here?
either way, they're looking really nice & smooth.

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1