Author Topic: [IC] DropTop55 (DT55) - 55% keyboard - Added renders (New IC Form for options!)  (Read 36937 times)

Offline i luv chuletas

Very interesting, def will be keeping an eye out for this!

This seems pretty much perfect.  No num row fits more compact desk / work spaces, fits a GMK Base kit, keeps much needed punctuation easily accessible, allows for either option of the space and FN keys on the bottom row (great for those of us that use the left space bar) and it just looks really really good.  I love the initial case renders, and the only feedback I would have is that it would be rad to have the option for a Polycarb version with a brass plate.  I hope this board makes it to GB, as I would for sure buy!  Thanks for putting out a solid contribution to the sub <60% community.

Offline Oddstag

The more time goes by the more firm I get that I'm snagging one of these if the group buy goes through. Hope it does!

Offline gilbert

the sides are super cute
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Neozetare

Wow, just discover this, searching for a 65% without the number rows, and it's seems near perfection! Just need an ISO enter aha
Not sure that I will have the money, sadley, but if I do, you can count me in! (Which means you probably shouldn't, broke student here aha)

Offline thornkin

Like you I want a smaller board but can't handle the 40% compromise. This looks promising.

Offline eltrotro

This form factor is great. However, at the estimated price there will be a lot of competition for other boards coming out.

That being said, I would personally try to to support smaller-scale makers.

Offline noorejji

Nice layout, midnight green would be sick. Watching with interest.

Offline Ko6a

the project died?

Offline schrobie

I really like this layout. Looks great!

Offline yukiburzm

• zeonic keys
the project died?

It's still listed on Mechgroupbuys under IC, where a lot of other projects in IC aren't, so mayyyybe thats a good sign? I missed every good 45-55% keyboard.
KBDfans just did the D45 but it was only up for like a week, and they didn't even have a prototype ready, so I wasn't down for that one, and I missed Clarabelle and candybar, so this would be perfect. However, at 330+ it will likely be too steep for many people to buy in, even if it does comeback. With such a low number stated to be available if it does launch (50?) I don't think it would be hard to reach, though.

Well, heres hoping.