Author Topic: First SA Profile Caps Boy Are they Tall!  (Read 3266 times)

Offline HotRoderX

First SA Profile Caps Boy Are they Tall!
« on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 14:12:14 »
As the headline says I got my first SA profile caps and these things are way taller then what I was expecting. I think been using DSA or maybe there XDA they where the stock caps on the Tada 68 and cubic. Its kinda hard to get a idea of how tall or how a cap will feel until you try it. They are a good looking set thought. They look really good on my board. Thought there does seem to be a bit more noise with them. Thought that could be just the fact there ABS instead of PBT. Yea Attached is a picture of the Tada wearing its new hardware.

keycaps are MAXKEY Portland Doubleshot ABS.. which look amazing.

Offline zslane

Re: First SA Profile Caps Boy Are they Tall!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:12:12 »
s/Thought/Though/g

...please.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 05:13:31 »
XDA caps are short and flat, I don't think any keyboards come with them as stock. You were probably using DSA - short, uniform and spherical.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 16:31:17 »
I think you might be right the caps are on a Tada 68... Its the stock caps I was using before. I just don't know about the SA profile. I am glad I tested it or tried it before getting more expensive set. I am sure some people love them but as tall as they are. I placed them on another board I don't use as much! I keep giving them a try but just not sold on SA.

Offline arninja21

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 23:19:36 »
Stock caps on tadas are cherry profile irc.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 15:01:04 »
Stock caps on tadas are cherry profile irc.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Thanks I didn't know that. I am really new to all this and I tried looking online at profile pictures but its hard to tell whats what from a 2d pictures. Cherry profile is really really nice! also PBT vs ABS diffidently prefer PBT unless its Tai-Hao's whre expect them to be a bit cheaper feeling.   

Offline arninja21

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 22:50:21 »
Stock Tada keycaps are rumored to be made by EnjoyPBT. I think it is the best pbt maker for cherry profile and they are not that expensive.