Author Topic: Troubled minds Keycaps ?  (Read 2632 times)

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
Troubled minds Keycaps ?
« on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 20:54:06 »
So,
What is the deal with no one doing round 2 On the troubled minds key cap set? Lots of people are saying the time frame is to far, Or they will do it when extra time is available, but it has nearly been a year and a half, with tons of interest. And yet no one has pulled the trigger to get the buy going?
Is there something I am missing? There are 100s of people on mass drop begging for round 2 with SA, Tons of people interested in a variant of GMK.  I have been searching every day on multiple forms for a set to be for sale with no luck. So why are we not making this happen?
I have no clue where or how to start, I am just a buyer that wants to jump on the train. Or I would be pushing this as we speak. 
So for the love of the keycap GOD, please someone make this buy happen again . Preferably with SA caps . But if GMK is the only option, Ill even partake in that buy. I just want a set for my own build.... IS that to much to ask ..  :-[ :-[

Offline Niomosy

Re: Troubled minds Keycaps ?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 23:33:15 »
At this point there's probably multiple factors involved.  SP SA is heavily backlogged to the point right now with 12 months of backlog per current check of PMK.  It might also be that thesiscamper is busy with other things. 

A GMK set might work if someone wants to run with it.  That person would need to either get the vector info from thesiscamper or recreate them for any novelties.  You'd also be looking at a slight color difference given GMK instead of SP ABS colors.  You'd also need to line up a vendor and get pricing into or have the vendor handle those elements.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:21:50 »
GMK's backlog isn't much better. I think it's between 3 and 6 months right now.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Tally810

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 02:04:29 »
So,
What is the deal with no one doing round 2 On the troubled minds key cap set? Lots of people are saying the time frame is to far, Or they will do it when extra time is available, but it has nearly been a year and a half, with tons of interest. And yet no one has pulled the trigger to get the buy going?
Is there something I am missing? There are 100s of people on mass drop begging for round 2 with SA, Tons of people interested in a variant of GMK.  I have been searching every day on multiple forms for a set to be for sale with no luck. So why are we not making this happen?
I have no clue where or how to start, I am just a buyer that wants to jump on the train. Or I would be pushing this as we speak. 
So for the love of the keycap GOD, please someone make this buy happen again . Preferably with SA caps . But if GMK is the only option, Ill even partake in that buy. I just want a set for my own build.... IS that to much to ask ..  :-[ :-[
Throw up a post on mm and here on gh.  Had mine up for a few days and got a set with novelties.  Just takes a little patience and luck dude.  Gl

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 00:06:12 »
GMK's certainly more popular these days.  They've lowered their MoQs, added colors, and don't have the lead times of SP yet. 

Offline xantiema

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 04:11:59 »
So,
Throw up a post on mm and here on gh.  Had mine up for a few days and got a set with novelties.  Just takes a little patience and luck dude.  Gl

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

What did you pay?

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 04:29:24 »
GMK's certainly more popular these days.  They've lowered their MoQs, added colors, and don't have the lead times of SP yet. 

I did both . Had one offer to sell for around 400.00. Little more than I was down for. now post is lost in the mega thread. But I re-post abot every week with high hopes.. For now I am settling on the massdrop carbon set. Just wanting someone to step up and make it happen . I like SA a little better , but would jump on a GMK version as well if it happens.