Author Topic: [SOLD] NEW IBM/Lexmark Model M 1390131 Keyboard ID# 0000869 Mfg. Date 02APR96  (Read 2417 times)

Offline kilswich

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 10:40:52 by kilswich »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Interesting.

In my opinion, there are 2 things that make the 1390131 the most desirable Model M: the square metal badge and the heavy plate.

This one has the badge, but does it have the plate?

Also, it appears to have the long cord, which is unusual.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline darkspider

I haven't seen silver-badged Model M's which have a pair of drain outlets on the bottom case like this.
And this one seems to have a gray cable unlike mine. It's also interesting.
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
A 1996 square label made by Lexmark? That's.. Odd..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline darkspider

A 1996 square label made by Lexmark? That's.. Odd..

Maybe its label was replaced with newer one.
IBM Model F AT         Model M silver label    Model M gray label    Majestouch 2 Ninja

Offline kilswich

This Model M is definitely a strange one for sure. I can confirm the label has not been replaced as I've inspected it very closely and have a lot of experience with Model M's. I was very surprised to find what I did as I had never seen one like this before. If anyone has any questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask.

Offline darkspider

Really? if so, it's absolutely strange one, which I've never seen too.

Offline kilswich

Interesting.

In my opinion, there are 2 things that make the 1390131 the most desirable Model M: the square metal badge and the heavy plate.

This one has the badge, but does it have the plate?

Also, it appears to have the long cord, which is unusual.

It's hard to tell if it has the plate without opening the case. Although the weight of this model compared to earlier Model M's is nearly the same so I would imagine it does.