Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4577748 times)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #1200 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:11:36 »
Is that a Das II? I have one of those on the way too!

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1201 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:13:57 »
Yup, a G80-3000 with blank POM caps. Pretty sweet, I almost don't want to put them on my KMAC but Lit's looked so baller with 'em...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1202 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:26:42 »
That's exactly why I bought one, and I feel the same way and I haven't even received it. I guess I feel bad taking apart keyboards...

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1203 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 16:30:07 »
It's topre ;D

Congratulations! It's the best kind of key! (Topre!)

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #1204 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 18:36:19 »
I posted this in the mail thread yesterday, but it's so awesome that I must repost!  By far the best keyboard I've ever typed on, granted it also has stickered, lubed, ergo clears.  It doesn't budge like all of my other keyboards do as I move back and forth between the mouse and keyboard.  And it looks awesome too!

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #1205 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 18:39:08 »
Lookin good, Chris!

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #1206 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 20:12:19 »
Thanks meatball!  Perfection always requires time, patience, and commitment, and I'll say confidently that it was worth it!  Korean customs (and Korean custom assembly techniques) FTW!

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1207 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 20:25:24 »
Perfection always requires time, patience, and commitment, and I'll say confidently that it was worth it!  Korean customs (and Korean custom assembly techniques) FTW!

Do you think you can tell a difference in quality between these switches and the ones you have done yourself? If so, what are the differences?

Thanks,
John

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #1208 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 20:33:51 »
Do you think you can tell a difference in quality between these switches and the ones you have done yourself? If so, what are the differences?
Thanks,
John

I did these switches myself, but I practiced on another board first to find my preferred lube mix.  Just had to give credit where credit is due!

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1209 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 21:14:09 »
Thanks,
John

I did these switches myself, but I practiced on another board first to find my preferred lube mix.  Just had to give credit where credit is due!

Ahh, when you said Korean custom assembly techniques I thought you meant the switches were done over there. I took your advice from when we were pm'ing. I mixed GPL-103 and GPL-205 in about a 50/50 ratio when I did my first ones. Honestly, I was very dissapointed in how the two mixed together. I probably just did somethig wrong but they did not mix as well as i thought they would.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #1210 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 21:20:04 »
I didn't mix them, I actually applied the grease first, then put oil on top.  One would probably need a centrifuge to get a good blend.  Either way, I definitely prefer the combo of 103/205 to either of them alone!

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1211 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 21:28:53 »
I didn't mix them, I actually applied the grease first, then put oil on top.  One would probably need a centrifuge to get a good blend.  Either way, I definitely prefer the combo of 103/205 to either of them alone!

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #1212 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 00:18:12 »

RA base set and those sexy glow in the dark!  :-*
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #1213 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:09:02 »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #1214 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 02:09:08 »
What's the difference between the silver and the titanium Duck Poker case?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1215 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 08:51:12 »
Just the color
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #1216 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:12:56 »
While my custom caps doesn't arrive I "made" a roof for my QFR.  :)

• CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #1217 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:25:26 »
^Hey that's awesome

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1218 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:32:12 »
That roof is excellent!

I use a tea towel on mine, doesn't have the same look.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #1219 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:36:34 »
That roof is excellent!

I use a tea towel on mine, doesn't have the same look.

lol in true aussie fashion, i thought i was the only one that did that. teatowels can be fashionable!

*wonders if americans know what a teatowel is.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1220 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 15:49:04 »
Wow that's an amazing roof!
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1221 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:08:48 »
Wow that's an amazing roof!

Thanks!

Or were you being sarcastic ;)

I have one on my scanner too - my house is waaay too dusty.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1222 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:14:12 »
^I think he meant Smeagol's... though I've been wrong before.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1223 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:17:02 »
^I think he meant Smeagol's... though I've been wrong before.

I thought so too ;) :p

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1224 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:19:14 »
I meant Smeagol's. :D
I love Elzy

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1225 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:26:30 »
Hey.. my teatowel looks great..
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1226 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:32:41 »
Show Image

haha more branding!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1227 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:45:14 »
But look like a factory item, although home made.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1228 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:26:33 »

Please make one for me! But with Filco branding. <3
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #1229 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:39:00 »

Show Image

Looks god damn sweet, dude. I think that you'll end up exporting these covers quite soon...  :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:43:04 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1230 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:12:12 »
[img width=640 height=480]http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r579/brunonardini/IMG_0917_2.jpg[img]

haha more branding!
Same thought...

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1231 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:12:48 »
Had some spare time last night to finish this off, it's even more tedious then stickers on switches

Keyboardless

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1232 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:16:20 »
u did a fine job!

now do mine

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1233 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:18:21 »
Had some spare time last night to finish this off, it's even more tedious then stickers on switches

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Those look really nice and clean  :eek:

Nice job! Mind if I ask you how you did it?

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1234 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:23:22 »
You don't have a HHKB no more demik :rofl:

Acetrak: It's metallic stickers identical to the Cherry ones you've seen around, you basically peel off the back side and stick it on then peel of the front side and its just the alphanumeric in shiny form. The one on the HHKB are gold since gold and black has a nice feel to it

The Cherry sticker I was referencing to but its in silver
Keyboardless

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1235 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:31:16 »
Looking good.  I wish I have the patience to do something like that but unfortunately, I don't.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1236 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:31:47 »
Show Image

Translucent red CC - niiiiiiiiiice :)

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1237 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:46:00 »
Ah! Got it. Damn those legends lined up really well, are you a wizard? Make me your apprentice plz

Sidenote those metallic stickers can be a REALLY nice touch if done tastefully, wow.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1238 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:48:37 »
i have 2 sets of those stickers with zero idea where they are at.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1239 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 22:54:57 »
^^^ old man

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1240 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 23:14:05 »
Ah! Got it. Damn those legends lined up really well, are you a wizard? Make me your apprentice plz

Sidenote those metallic stickers can be a REALLY nice touch if done tastefully, wow.
Definitely a wizard
Keyboardless

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #1241 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 23:16:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is awesome! Great job!

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #1242 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 00:22:38 »
You don't have a HHKB no more demik :rofl:

Acetrak: It's metallic stickers identical to the Cherry ones you've seen around, you basically peel off the back side and stick it on then peel of the front side and its just the alphanumeric in shiny form. The one on the HHKB are gold since gold and black has a nice feel to it

The Cherry sticker I was referencing to but its in silver
Show Image

Very cool sticker job on the HHKB. But where can one get one of these Cherry logo stickers? :O
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 00:37:22 by jeroplane »

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1243 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 00:29:13 »

Definitely a wizard

Pfff we all know I'm the only real wizard folk around here! You just be drinking up all dat magic juice to do that work.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1244 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 01:28:42 »
 Magic juice?  Like in space jam?!?!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #1245 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 03:55:02 »
Today was a good keyboard day overall. I played with some boards at the shop (including a Matias Tactile Pro), bought the said caps above, and asked someone to pull some strings for a certain elusive item. Not sure I'll get my hands on it, but it'd be awesome if I do. Best haul of the day is, of course, some more insider information. Good times ;)
Just obtained the unobtainable. Pix + more banters when they're in my hands.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1246 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:22:29 »

Added some TechKeys to my newly finished MX Clear board.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:24:08 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1247 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 09:25:31 »
Rappoo!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #1248 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 14:15:00 »
Actually removed a few (read: lot of) things but this is the result - quite a nice contrast :D

Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline hotlikedimes

« Reply #1249 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 14:28:59 »
Got these guys on yesterday morning!!

Put the caps lock key from my BWU on so you can see it light up through the key when caps lock is on. I think it looks nicer than just the spot in the caps lock key that the LED shines through.