Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4577538 times)

Offline limmy

Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #1350 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 22:19:01 »
I like this keycap, nice work!
Could you post a picture of the wrist rest?
You can see photos of the wrist rest here. http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/4457716

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1351 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 23:41:26 »
I added more crystal keys to my Dragon... for the ultimate in guilty tasteless key pushing!

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #1352 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 23:54:59 »
I like this keycap, nice work!
Could you post a picture of the wrist rest?
You can see photos of the wrist rest here. http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/4457716

thank you, where have you got it?
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline limmy

« Reply #1353 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 00:40:34 »

I ordered it from Seebum(시범) at KBD. I think I paid about 120 USD including shipping. It is pricy, but well made. The wood is dense and has nice weight. Plus, it smells pretty nice.

I think he can make more, but I am not sure. Here is his web page about the wrist rest. http://cafe.naver.com/bumwood/4 You can contact him using email seen in the above link. I don't think he speaks English, so I suspect he would rely on Google translate. Please use simple sentences.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1354 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 00:44:29 »
That wood reminds me a lot of Zebra wood:
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #1355 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 00:46:26 »
beast, are you done with school soon? =)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1356 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 00:52:24 »
Yeah man :( I'm gonna work on those key caps for you soon.
I love Elzy

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1357 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 01:16:42 »
beast, are you done with school soon? =)

Should start sometime around January 1st, I'd like to visit family ^___^

I guess if my summer job place needs me it will be a bit hard to do rests but I'll do my best. There's a good chance they won't need me since it's designing windows so it's a seasonal thing where we get really slow during  the winter. But I've heard we might have a 3-5 million dollar backlog of jobs to design/draw (that's a lot for us). I'm kinda hope they only  need me part time so that I can do a ton of cool ****
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #1358 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:55:16 »
Today was a good keyboard day overall. I played with some boards at the shop (including a Matias Tactile Pro), bought the said caps above, and asked someone to pull some strings for a certain elusive item. Not sure I'll get my hands on it, but it'd be awesome if I do. Best haul of the day is, of course, some more insider information. Good times ;)
Just obtained the unobtainable. Pix + more banters when they're in my hands.

Offline DraJin

« Reply #1359 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:41:50 »
Gold Gas Mask   :))
7986-0
7988-1

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #1360 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 09:57:00 »

I ordered it from Seebum(시범) at KBD. I think I paid about 120 USD including shipping. It is pricy, but well made. The wood is dense and has nice weight. Plus, it smells pretty nice.

I think he can make more, but I am not sure. Here is his web page about the wrist rest. http://cafe.naver.com/bumwood/4 You can contact him using email seen in the above link. I don't think he speaks English, so I suspect he would rely on Google translate. Please use simple sentences.

Ok thank you but 120 USD is a bit too much for a wrist rest for me, though it's really good quality and looks extremely well made.
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #1361 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:25:23 »
finally  :D

• CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1362 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:27:49 »
What is it, laffindude...?

Also, nice gasmask, drajin. Is he planning on releasing some of those?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1363 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:29:49 »
What is it, laffindude...?

Also, nice gasmask, drajin. Is he planning on releasing some of those?

Looks to me like he painted it...?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #1364 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 19:09:26 »
he used real gold. just added on skin

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1365 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:06:08 »
Today was a good keyboard day overall. I played with some boards at the shop (including a Matias Tactile Pro), bought the said caps above, and asked someone to pull some strings for a certain elusive item. Not sure I'll get my hands on it, but it'd be awesome if I do. Best haul of the day is, of course, some more insider information. Good times ;)
Just obtained the unobtainable. Pix + more banters when they're in my hands.
never understood why people try to be mysterious with what they get.

just say what it is already.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #1366 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:08:42 »
I got a box in the mail today.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1367 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 20:37:46 »
As did I!

The red looks weirdly pink.

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #1368 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:35:18 »
What do you guys think? Did I go overboard? Here's what my Filco looks like now:

And this is how it looked before:
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:37:51 by bardomudo »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1369 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:36:59 »
Nah, that's nothing extreme. You should see some of the unicorn vomit boards around here.

Welcome to Geekhack!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1370 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:38:05 »
Overboard?  Lol, look up the vomit thread

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1371 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:50:11 »
^^ The RGB keys are a nice touch :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1372 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:52:08 »
Might've posted this on the "mail" thread but I didn't actually get it in the mail.. Planned a little meetup with sth in Oakland, so I had something to look forward to despite the outage today.

We had a trade/transaction for an mbc RGBY set (these are really cool!) Then we chatted keyboards for a little bit and I learned a whole lot about some different mods and GBs. I've got to look for a Wyse moogle now, for the center-stemmed Caps Lock (and for completion of the Wyse set in general).

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #1373 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:53:18 »
Thanks, guys. And wow, checked the thread. Haha, some people are indeed, erm, overly enthusiastic about it. I'm still more of an anti-ricer person, though.

And nothing against colored keycaps. I even still wish someone made colored video editing keycaps for cherry MX switches, like this one:

Offline bardomudo

« Reply #1374 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 21:58:09 »
^^ The RGB keys are a nice touch :)
Thanks! And they are also in the proper RGB order now.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1375 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:26:30 »
Might've posted this on the "mail" thread but I didn't actually get it in the mail.. Planned a little meetup with sth in Oakland, so I had something to look forward to despite the outage today.

Show Image

We had a trade/transaction for an mbc RGBY set (these are really cool!) Then we chatted keyboards for a little bit and I learned a whole lot about some different mods and GBs. I've got to look for a Wyse moogle now, for the center-stemmed Caps Lock (and for completion of the Wyse set in general).

Very nice WYSE.  They look new!

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1376 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:41:44 »
Yeah, it was really cool, I got a pair of WYSE boards in the mail about a week ago.. here's an excerpt from a post I did then:

I got a couple of Wyse boards (840358) in the mail today - I won them from the Indiana guy on eBay who sells them in pairs. They just came in and I was pleasantly surprised at their condition - one seemed nearly perfect other than the dirt on the plate. The other's caps also seemed fine, although a little dirty (nothing a bath can't fix), but there's some pretty gross dirt/muck underneath and I'm pretty sure I saw a very small bug run out of it.

I've since cleaned them with denture tabs which was a pretty pleasant experience and now they do indeed look very close to new!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1377 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 23:07:25 »
I bought from that guy,  only got one though. :(  Ill bet you got a better deal.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #1378 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 23:09:57 »
Added Cherry 1.5x modifiers and 1x Windows keys (thanks metafour!) to my Phantom.  100% Cherry keys now =)

Offline separus

« Reply #1379 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 01:00:43 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1380 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 01:17:34 »
That yellow key in the middle (between radiation and electric shock) doesn't look very hazardous ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline separus

« Reply #1381 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 02:46:47 »
Laugh in the face of hazaduos stuff  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1382 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 02:54:16 »
Ha!  I laugh in the face of people who laugh in the face of hazardous stuff!

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #1383 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 02:55:54 »
Ha-ha! Crom laughs at your four winds!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1384 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 03:14:27 »
Slightly more on-topic, the 11 coloured keycaps from the WASD sampler kit:

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #1385 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 03:57:20 »

Haven't posted an update on the state of my keyboards in a while.

Added White/Beige Cherry Doubleshots and a Stepped Caps and Creeper from TechKeys to my Filco (still looking for that Moogle Kit!).

Added a bit of colour to my 11900, and just yesterday I completed converting it to Ghetto Reds (lube is in the mail so it'll be even smoother!). Loving the cloud of boobs (first Red board).

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1386 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 04:30:40 »
So I've sort of gotten over unicorn vomit keyboards and novelty keys already :\
So I decided to do my Choc Mini up a bit.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline mickd

« Reply #1387 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 05:59:20 »
You'll be back to the dark side soon... *opens notepad just to type gibberish using my unicorn vomit keyboard*

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1388 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 06:05:15 »
You'll be back to the dark side soon... *opens notepad just to type gibberish using my unicorn vomit keyboard*
Yeah, probably ;)
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #1389 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:13:45 »
never understood why people try to be mysterious with what they get.

just say what it is already.
It's a box with bubble wrap in it sitting on my lap. I guess some people are obtuse...... ;)

I thought it was kinda obvious it is an aluminum case, but I guess not.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1390 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:18:06 »
Show Image

lol at awesomeface guy in the hazard row  :))

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #1391 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 08:23:36 »
Haha it's like "danger... danger... danger... danger... danger... danger... da- WUT?"

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #1392 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 03:35:47 »
Money sign key needs to be more luxurious then the rest right?

Keyboardless

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1393 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 04:25:22 »
^ beauty!  My gold colored zinc caps just don't cut it!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline phx

« Reply #1394 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:07:28 »
damn that looks sweet, must be cold to the touch  :p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1395 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:08:33 »
damn that looks sweet, must be cold to the touch  :p
They don't call it cold hard cash for nothing, right?

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1396 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:11:14 »
Wait...is that actual gold?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1397 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 12:41:36 »

That's the only thing that should be on that cap.

Offline noxwood

« Reply #1398 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 17:01:57 »
Wait...is that actual gold?

Not gold-plated zinc, AFAICT.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #1399 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 17:50:02 »
Slightly more on-topic, the 11 coloured keycaps from the WASD sampler kit:

Show Image

Those sampler kits looks nice. :o
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit