Author Topic: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics  (Read 4577740 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What did you add to your Keyboard today? - Post Your Pics
« Reply #4100 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 13:04:50 »
That's a beautiful combo!  Cream keys, purple mods, and a touch of teal!  (The red Esc is a tad out of place though :) )
if my eyes are not lying to me, that is a H.O. Clack...    :)

It's a red keycap in the Esc spot - happy? :)

but..... its orange.... DUN DUN DUN!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #4101 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 13:05:58 »
but..... its orange.... DUN DUN DUN!

It looks bright warm red!  Not my fault it's got incorrect white balance :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4102 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 13:10:38 »
HO Clack = hack orange ;)

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #4103 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 13:12:49 »
Show Image

****ty pic becasue I'm just messing around

I really like those purple mods, where did you get them?
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4104 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 13:13:39 »
Show Image

****ty pic becasue I'm just messing around

I really like those purple mods, where did you get them?

From a long-ass running GMK discovery/first group buy

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #4105 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:15:22 »
I added a new mini-USB connection to the USB control hub PCB in my CM Storm Trigger (MX Greens) so now it works again, YAYYY! Also, threw on some of the meth keycaps I got from Acetrak!

26767-0

: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4106 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 22:01:21 »
Added some wooden wrist wrests (Red Gum and Pau Amarello):

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4GxePfI.jpg">>

It's really hard to accurately capture the striping in the Pau Amarello, but it's similar to the striping in Tiger Maple/Curly Maple except it goes with the grain.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 June 2013, 22:03:38 by nubbinator »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4107 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 01:50:02 »

Purple Meebcaps (DSA PBT)
GMK Mods
GH White on Light Pink

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4108 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:11:40 »
That is the most purple keyboard I have ever seen :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4109 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:14:09 »

Without a purple case though....:\

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4110 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:17:50 »
Pretty sure JD has me beat. I think he'll show up sooner or later with that lovely jdcarpurple case but thanks rowdy :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4111 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:19:04 »

Photographed on a purple desk?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4112 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 02:21:55 »

Needs a purple cable too ;)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4113 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 05:28:13 »
TAH DA!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4114 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 06:33:32 »

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #4115 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 14:28:24 »
TAH DA!
Show Image

very good combination
perfectly match with the camo  :D
also looks nice with the CCnG i doubt  :D

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4116 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:00:58 »
Slowly getting all the caps for the Mini in...

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #4117 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:01:30 »
TAH DA!
Show Image

This is pretty sexy, Meow.  :cool:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4118 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 16:38:37 »
TAH DA!
Show Image

very good combination
Show Image

perfectly match with the camo  :D
also looks nice with the CCnG i doubt  :D
I can't wait to see what it looks like with all CCoG caps!!!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4119 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 17:35:58 »
Another day-off keyboard mod adventure

a while back i bought a KBT Race with white switches and i used it for a good 2 months but i stopped using it. It came with PBT caps that had lettering that easily faded off a bit after 2 months.

i had no plans on getting rid of it but i did take off the white switches and put them on my poker and then after that then my ergodox so my race was switch-less for months, it was in a box.

I found out a while back that although i got the non-backlit version of the RACE it still had the ability to be back-lit after tests. Just needed LEDs, I told myself that i would make it backlit sometime. Mechanical keyboards was selling the white back-lit key caps for pretty cheap and i grabbed those up

After acquiring some square white leds from ebay and some red switches from 7-bit i proceeded to build the RACE. The red switches were lubed and techkeys switch stickers added.

To add the LEDs i had to de-solder the little bit of solder they covered the holes with. after everything was soldered in and everything lit up i felt rewarded.

TL:DR - I added LEDs to a non-backlit RACE and made it backlit, also lubed reds.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjGwn29p

You know other than the key caps the RACE is a pretty kick ass plate-less backlit keyboard, I like it in my collection, i may seek out an aluminium tray for it sometime when i my income is back to normal.

Offline UniClown

« Reply #4120 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 19:52:16 »

a while back i bought a KBT Race with white switches and i used it for a good 2 months but i stopped using it. It came with PBT caps that had lettering that easily faded off a bit after 2 months.

i had no plans on getting rid of it but i did take off the white switches and put them on my poker and then after that then my ergodox so my race was switch-less for months, it was in a box.

I found out a while back that although i got the non-backlit version of the RACE it still had the ability to be back-lit after tests. Just needed LEDs, I told myself that i would make it backlit sometime. Mechanical keyboards was selling the white back-lit key caps for pretty cheap and i grabbed those up

After acquiring some square white leds from ebay and some red switches from 7-bit i proceeded to build the RACE. The red switches were lubed and techkeys switch stickers added.

To add the LEDs i had to de-solder the little bit of solder they covered the holes with. after everything was soldered in and everything lit up i felt rewarded.

TL:DR - I added LEDs to a non-backlit RACE and made it backlit, also lubed reds.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You know other than the key caps the RACE is a pretty kick ass plate-less backlit keyboard, I like it in my collection, i may seek out an aluminium tray for it sometime when i my income is back to normal.

I love the look of white LED's on white caps. A 65%/75% layout keyboard would be my dream board, I just don't like the layout of the keys in the bottom right on the RACE.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline le_doosh

« Reply #4122 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 20:04:14 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! I am wanting to pick up a Poker just to do an LED mod. You made it seem fairly simple.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4123 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 20:08:24 »
TAH DA!
Show Image

Calling demik!!!

present!

Filco camo with DSA retro + green highlights (and gray F row as a bonus)!
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 20:11:00 by rowdy »

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #4124 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:35:04 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Could you please tell me the link for those leds? I only find leds with that little "edge" and they usually lock the cap when pressed.  :(
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4125 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:55:18 »
Could you please tell me the link for those leds? I only find leds with that little "edge" and they usually lock the cap when pressed.  :(

any of these search hits should work

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=2x3x4mm+LED&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X2x3x4mm+rectangle+LED&_nkw=2x3x4mm+rectangle+LED&_sacat=0

but some boards it wont work without changing resistor, or at least i think that is why.

for me they have worked in phantom, vortex, razer, ergodox but they didnt work with cmstorm qfr
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2013, 21:57:08 by Glod »

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #4126 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 22:01:56 »

any of these search hits should work

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=2x3x4mm+LED&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.X2x3x4mm+rectangle+LED&_nkw=2x3x4mm+rectangle+LED&_sacat=0

but some boards it wont work without changing resistor, or at least i think that is why.

for me they have worked in phantom, vortex, razer, ergodox but they didnt work with cmstorm qfr

Thank you!

Wait, what? Didn't work in QFR?  It was my plan.  :))
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4127 on: Mon, 01 July 2013, 23:54:28 »
Thanks Rowdy!

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4128 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 01:51:07 »
oh

Offline czarek

• Keep the momentum going!
    • FalbaTech
« Reply #4129 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 04:01:15 »
Replaced stock keycaps with the Blank PBT. Keyboard feels way nicer to type on now. More solid and mechanical. Got it a step closer to the Model M.
27112-0
My little ErgoDox / GH60 factory: http://falbatech.pl

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #4130 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 08:38:56 »
partial rgb-set on my Model M

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #4131 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 08:50:39 »

Show Image

Very nice!
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #4132 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 10:06:58 »

Show Image

Those are such nice colors together.  Is the case painted?  It looks great.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #4133 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 10:14:57 »
Those are such nice colors together.  Is the case painted?  It looks great.
It's an industrial model M, not painted.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #4134 on: Tue, 02 July 2013, 10:45:56 »
Seeing pokers today made me thing of the one that's no longer in my possession ;_;

Show Image

Show Image

i love NIQMODS  :-*
Looks Great Nice Color
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline calavera

« Reply #4135 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 00:58:44 »
potato pic, hard to capture the red.

This is closer to what the red is:

Exact white on red as the red ESC double shot.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4136 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 01:14:31 »
potato pic, hard to capture the red.

Show Image

This is closer to what the red is:

Show Image

Exact white on red as the red ESC double shot.
Got those from EK? I checked them out today and those will look killer with Dolch from Sherry!

Offline calavera

« Reply #4137 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 01:25:31 »
I might put them on a board with dolch for ****s and giggles later.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #4138 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 02:12:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I see you saved your self time with the mod by not getting the round LED's. You do realize if u went rounded led's  you had good 2-3 hrs of work shaving off the leds and the top mx covers but your switches would be moddable, now they are not. This wouldn't matter if your dead set on reds ofcourse.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #4139 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 02:29:25 »
I might put them on a board with dolch for ****s and giggles later.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4140 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 02:36:54 »

Show Image

That is wicked awesome.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4141 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 07:22:34 »
Happy with this colour combo;

though I really want a 10keyless :(

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #4142 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 07:50:43 »
Looks good.
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline hoasican2004

« Reply #4143 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 08:05:49 »
wow,violet color,i love it,this is so cool !^_^

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4144 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 10:31:16 »
I ADDED EVERYTHING TO THIS KEYBOARD TODAY

Just need keycaps T_T hurry up MIAMI
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #4145 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 10:40:15 »
Hurry up Miami? there is a GB I've missed?!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #4146 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 10:53:11 »
I ADDED EVERYTHING TO THIS KEYBOARD TODAY

Show Image

Just need keycaps T_T hurry up MIAMI

Mmmm it's so purdy <3

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #4147 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 14:36:25 »
Bunnylake is getting them for his store.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43590.msg948826#msg948826

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #4148 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 14:46:28 »
Bunnylake is getting them for his store.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43590.msg948826#msg948826

Oh, I'm sure Sifo knows about that! (He's the one who showed me a couple days ago)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple