Author Topic: These are pretty neat--improve your mouse grip  (Read 4113 times)

Offline dmbr

These are pretty neat--improve your mouse grip
« on: Thu, 07 June 2012, 13:35:55 »
They don't adhere all that great and it's a real pain to remove them from their backing without the sticky stuff peeling off along with the paper, but I am still pretty excited to have found these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002KBV2B8

I've got big hands and a claw grip, and have never really been able to find a mouse that's a perfect fit. Only the G9x with a custom "jumbo" shell came close. With these, I can place the "blisters" such that mice I found unwieldy and/or uncomfortable are entirely satisfactory, and they even fix the couple kinks in my G9x's. They're particularly lovely placed on the buttons.

Not a perfect product, but very useful for anyone having trouble finding a mouse with all the right features except a fitting grip.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 June 2012, 13:38:21 by dmbr »

Offline Zamorph

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 17:33:59 »
Nice find :)  
I once thought about buying things like this, but I just kept practicing different forms.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 17:35:51 »
They remind me of the memory heatsinks that you can find on some videocards.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

Re: These are pretty neat--improve your mouse grip
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 09:28:44 »
I've got big hands and a claw grip, and have never really been able to find a mouse that's a perfect fit. Only the G9x with a custom "jumbo" shell came close. With these, I can place the "blisters" such that mice I found unwieldy and/or uncomfortable are entirely satisfactory, and they even fix the couple kinks in my G9x's. They're particularly lovely placed on the buttons.

Not a perfect product, but very useful for anyone having trouble finding a mouse with all the right features except a fitting grip.

By custom grips for the G9X, do you mean this: http://www.shopjumbo.co.uk/88_buy_51039598.html ?

I'm in the same situation as you, i.e. big hands and a G9X. Hence I'm so curious about all this.

Offline gliy

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 21:10:53 »
but but it looks so ugly!

Offline doubletap

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 14:30:03 »
^this