Author Topic: Advice / Tips for Satisfaction 75  (Read 3305 times)

Offline vice

Advice / Tips for Satisfaction 75
« on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 10:32:35 »
I just got myself a Cloud White Satisfaction 75 and i'm super excited to build it! I've been in the hobby for a while but this was the keyboard that caught my eye around the time I joined and i'm really happy I was able to finally acquire one NIB!

I've already bought some dampening foam from taobao and plan to use all 3 with an FR4 plate. However, I don't know which switches to go with. Unfortunately where I live there isn't much of a community so there aren't any meetups to attend to try out other boards.

Right now i'm considering NK Creams, Tealios, Alpacas or KTT Strawberries. Do any of you have experience with these switches? Would you recommend any other linears other than these?

Reason i'm asking for advice is because i've been watching lots of sound test videos online and the sound signatures seem to differ quite a bit.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Advice / Tips for Satisfaction 75
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2023, 16:54:42 »
Odds of any of them sounding how you think is slim.
The mic, distance, encoding, your system, speakers... Electronics changes the sound, you'd be amazed at how different radio DJs sound in person.
And none of that even accounts for different lubes, keyboards, other prep work...

best advice is to buy sample packs and see how they sound and feel in person on your exact board because nothing you see in a video or even on someone else's keyboard is going to compare. It may cost a little more but you later might find a board they do work well in and it gives you experience with a few more switches.

Sample packs can drastically change what switch you think you want.
Everything's a best guess, so try lots.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion