Author Topic: Welcome to the GMK Vendor Forum!  (Read 90969 times)

Offline GMK_Andy

Welcome to the GMK Vendor Forum!
« on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:26:13 »
Welcome to the GMK vendor forum! I'm Andy, and I am currently an executive at GMK. We wanted to get more involved in the community here to better get feedback on our own products and designs, and see how we can serve the community better. Outside of getting feedback on our own products here, feel free to ask any questions you may have for us or leave any suggestions you may have.

If you are just posting a keycap set IC, you should continue to post that in the general IC section or a vendor forum if applicable.

Just to give you some insight into what we are currently working on:
  • Keycap Designer Resources - this includes renders of all our "stock" caps (modifier styles, languages, etc), and what information we need from designers to complete a quote.
  • UNIQEY CONTROL software overhaul
  • New products :eek:

As always, thank you all so much for the ongoing support, it is always a pleasure to see and manufacture what you, the community, comes up with!

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2019, 16:01:38 by GMK_Andy »

Offline GarrettSucks

• All project timelines at at timelines.omnitype.com
    • Omnitype
Re: Welcome to the GMK Vendor Forum!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:29:04 »
I love yall

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:29:43 »
welcome home  :thumb:

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:30:17 »
Keep up the great work!!
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:33:17 »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:33:30 »
hi dad

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 15:36:43 »
Looking forward to work with you in the near future!

Offline upas

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 16:20:47 »
Super happy you guys are on Geekhack! Thanks for bringing our community so many keycaps :)

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 16:21:21 »
Super happy you guys are on Geekhack! Thanks for bringing our community so many keycaps :)

It's our pleasure!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 July 2019, 16:28:33 »
thank you for producing my keycaps

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 12:13:52 »
thank you for producing my keycaps

Thank you for buying them :thumb:

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 05:35:11 »
Hi Andy,

Do you have updated files for correct cherry profiles and some other files you might request from the designer?
I am a new member in the community and would really want to pursue this idea I have for a keycap set.

More power to GMK!

Thank you very much!

Offline GMK_Andy

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 15:49:56 »
Hi Andy,

Do you have updated files for correct cherry profiles and some other files you might request from the designer?
I am a new member in the community and would really want to pursue this idea I have for a keycap set.

More power to GMK!

Thank you very much!

Hey! Welcome to the community! We don't actually provide digital assets. When a project is quoted, within the process we do render the set internally and provide those renders after the quoting process. That being said a lot of community members are excellent at renders and I'm sure would be willing to provide a helping hand! Please feel free to reach out or DM me if you have specific questions though, I'm more than happy to point you to some free online recourses as well! :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 15:59:36 »
Hi Andy,

More power to GMK!

Thank you very much!

Hey! Welcome to the community! We don't actually provide digital assets. When a project is quoted, within the process we do render the set internally and provide those renders after the quoting process. That being said a lot of community members are excellent at renders and I'm sure would be willing to provide a helping hand! Please feel free to reach out or DM me if you have specific questions though, I'm more than happy to point you to some free online recourses as well! :thumb:

You may consider setting up a quick rendering service, similar to KLE-Render, but with your own digital assets, that the community may use for prototyping an idea. GB leaders always suffer for the long time a GMK render takes, even if it is just a draft idea.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 17:14:45 »
Hi Andy,

More power to GMK!

Thank you very much!

Thank you for replying Andy! Sent you a DM.😊

Offline RUN_GMSEE

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 08:49:46 »
If I may ask how does someone become an official vendor for GMK ? I am very interested to be the one to accommodate the sales of GMK in my country :D

Offline phedd

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 29 December 2020, 07:33:36 »
What happened to the international kits for https://uniqey.net/en/detail/index/sArticle/25/sCategory/19 ?

It's been more than 2 years since you said they were in production, meanwhile I've gone trough like 4 other kits...

You really should stock all the timeless classics like 9009, classic retro etc
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2020, 07:35:35 by phedd »

Offline FranktheTank319

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 30 April 2022, 14:27:00 »
Is there any specific way to become a vendor for GMK keycaps? We are a new vendor branching out into different keyboard related products and we would like to start running GMK group buys in the future. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.