geekhack Community > Keyboards

Is this... Normal?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rob27shred:
For the GMMK Pro with it's stamped instead of CNCed plate I'm gonna say this is normal. It is a pretty big number of loose switch cutouts, but having a few that pull out with the caps is par for the course with hotswap boards IME. If you use a pair of tweezers or something similar to pull out the clip tabs on the front & back of the switches a little farther than normal they should at least catch in the plate.

Edit: On a closer look I see you're using a PC plate, not sure if they stamped those as I doubt PC would take to stamping, but they're still churned out much faster & rougher than a plate for a custom kit would be. If the issue really bothers you possibly switching to a metal plate might yield less loose switch cutouts. Although I can't promise that the way Glorious is churning these parts out.

Sup:
Its normal. But why are you gonna "Lube" oil kings. There is a reason they have OIL in there name. They are already factory lubed.

lakeboredom:

--- Quote from: Sup on Tue, 10 May 2022, 09:05:54 ---Its normal. But why are you gonna "Lube" oil kings. There is a reason they have OIL in there name. They are already factory lubed.

--- End quote ---
Factory lube/oil is not the same thing as "lubing your switches" despite it using the same name. It's not even comparable.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Sup:

--- Quote from: lakeboredom on Tue, 10 May 2022, 17:18:52 ---
--- Quote from: Sup on Tue, 10 May 2022, 09:05:54 ---Its normal. But why are you gonna "Lube" oil kings. There is a reason they have OIL in there name. They are already factory lubed.

--- End quote ---
Factory lube/oil is not the same thing as "lubing your switches" despite it using the same name. It's not even comparable.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

What is so different about it. Lubing your switches is just using your preferred lube and being able to control how much lube you apply. Why in the hell would you get a prelubed switch then. Like are you gonna mix your own lube with the pre lube or is he going to painstakingly try to clean all the pre existing lube.

It wasn't much about why people would lube switches themselves but, more like why buy prelubed switches that you gonna lube again???

Handke:
Thats a plastic plate, polycarbonate. Absolutely normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version