Author Topic: Post your watch!  (Read 417662 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: Post your watch!
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:07:08 »

More
You sir have fine taste haha. I have been waiting for the in-house black bay for a while now and now that it's finally out its back to 2nd on my list. It's a long list and will probably keep growing haha

Thanks and I love the new line of Tudors announced at Baselworld this year especially the Black Bay Bronze and the 36mm one.  Collecting watches can be time consuming and expensive and that's why I'm back to collecting Clacks!
Show Image

Both of you guys have great collections from what I've seen. I'm hoping I'll be able to buy my first luxury watch for my 20th this summer, thinking about getting a Speedmaster.

Hey thanks!  :)   And Speedy is a nice watch.  Omega, Tag, Breitling, etc those were my first love.  Don't forget to post some pics if you decide to get it.

Yeah, I'm looking to move up from the mid range watches I have now; Squale 1545, Hamilton Jazzmaster, and SARB033. I always steal my dad's Sea Dweller when I get the chance. :))
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #551 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:08:30 »

More
You sir have fine taste haha. I have been waiting for the in-house black bay for a while now and now that it's finally out its back to 2nd on my list. It's a long list and will probably keep growing haha

Thanks and I love the new line of Tudors announced at Baselworld this year especially the Black Bay Bronze and the 36mm one.  Collecting watches can be time consuming and expensive and that's why I'm back to collecting Clacks!
Show Image

Both of you guys have great collections from what I've seen. I'm hoping I'll be able to buy my first luxury watch for my 20th this summer, thinking about getting a Speedmaster.

Hey thanks!  :)   And Speedy is a nice watch.  Omega, Tag, Breitling, etc those were my first love.  Don't forget to post some pics if you decide to get it.

Yeah, I'm looking to move up from the mid range watches I have now; Squale 1545, Hamilton Jazzmaster, and SARB033. I always steal my dad's Sea Dweller when I get the chance. :))

Haha you dad has excellent taste!   SD is a really cool watch.  I'm looking to add one to my collection later on (SD4K).
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:09:34 »
Thanks mate! Yeah you can't go wrong with a speedy. It's timeless. Take your time in deciding what you want though cos it's a big purchase!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #553 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:15:27 »
Haha you dad has excellent taste!
Show Image
  SD is a really cool watch.  I'm looking to add one to my collection later on (SD4K).

I love the SD, it has the classic Rolex diver look but not everyone has one like the Submariner.

People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:17:29 »
Thanks mate! Yeah you can't go wrong with a speedy. It's timeless. Take your time in deciding what you want though cos it's a big purchase!

It'll be the most I've ever spent on a single item! :eek:

Once it comes time to make the purchase I'm sure I'll come here to go over the options.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #555 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 18:19:21 »
Haha you dad has excellent taste!
Show Image
  SD is a really cool watch.  I'm looking to add one to my collection later on (SD4K).

I love the SD, it has the classic Rolex diver look but not everyone has one like the Submariner.

Yup, Subs and Datejusts are everywhere plus cyclops just scream Rolex!   I usually try to pick ones that fly under the radar (without cyclops, no polished center links, etc).
Din Eli

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #556 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 07:05:12 »
So I joined the Seiko and diver watch owners' club.  Here's my Monster!
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 June 2016, 14:05:36 by zflamewing »
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #557 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:20:37 »
So I joined the Seiko and diver watch owns club.  Here's my Monster!
Show Image

Nice! Love the Monster.  I had it once....  very cool watch.
Din Eli

Offline mylove1431

• A little bear
« Reply #558 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 08:29:34 »
So I joined the Seiko and diver watch owns club.  Here's my Monster!
Show Image

:-* :thumb:
Just A little Bear

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #559 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 03:09:41 »
So I joined the Seiko and diver watch owners' club.  Here's my Monster!
Show Image

Very nice! I'm more of an Orange Monster fan though :P

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #560 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 23:08:37 »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #561 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 22:24:50 »
Just a cheapie for Vegas this weekend !

Sent from my OnePlus One

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #562 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 21:03:17 »
139457-0

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 13:42:48 »
My daily diver, besides from a 1. Gen Moto 360 I use at work. I think im gonna change to a black nato strap again for summer.

Invicta 8926 OB

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #564 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 13:46:47 »

Show Image

Sent from my OnePlus One
Cheap or not it looks good

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #565 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 19:58:08 »
Here are my two watches, a Seiko SARW011 and a SARB017 Alpinist. I'm also considering buying either a SARD011 or a SARW013, but my RIP my wallet.

139512-0

139514-1

Pictured behind the Alpinist: Custom 60% (LeandreN GON NerD 60/Plate/MKC Case with Nuclear Data & 67g Zealios) and Pok3r (Tex aluminum case and Danger Zone)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #566 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 20:44:07 »
Those are nice watches dude. I'm a big fan of green faces.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #567 on: Sat, 11 June 2016, 21:42:53 »
Those are nice watches dude. I'm a big fan of green faces.

Thanks! Same here, the face on the Alpinist is ideal for me, the pictures don't do it justice. Actually, I just like green things, which probably explains why Nuclear Data is my favorite key set.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 00:03:59 »
Would anyone be able to recommend me a nice Mechanical watch?
I've heard good things about them, just don't know what brands are good.

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #569 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 00:18:22 »

Seikos are excellent watches for the price. The SARB033/035 or SARB017 are great slightly above entry level watches. The Seiko 5 line is good if you want a cheap first mechanical watch. A lot of people really like their dive watches too.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #570 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 14:34:18 »
Decided to wear this today.

Citizen Men's BJ8075-58F

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 13 June 2016, 15:28:08 »

Show Image

Sent from my OnePlus One
Cheap or not it looks good

ty! i like it a lot ^^

Here are my two watches, a Seiko SARW011 and a SARB017 Alpinist. I'm also considering buying either a SARD011 or a SARW013, but my RIP my wallet.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Pictured behind the Alpinist: Custom 60% (LeandreN GON NerD 60/Plate/MKC Case with Nuclear Data & 67g Zealios) and Pok3r (Tex aluminum case and Danger Zone)

this green back one is amazing

Offline zflamewing

« Reply #572 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 13:10:57 »

Nafs_asp has some good recommendations with the Seiko Sarb line.  The Sarb033 and the Sarb035 are the same watch but the 033 is a black dial and the 035 is an off-white dial.  Photos of the 017 are in this thread. 

If you want divers there is the Seiko SKX007 and the Seiko Monster,  I have a photo in this thread of my Monster. 

There is also Orient watches which are another Japanese manufacture and all their movements are in house as well, I have a photo of mine earlier in this thread.
DK9008 MX Blues | CM QFR MX Blues | CM XT MX Greens

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #573 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 09:53:01 »
140536-0

Offline Tactile

« Reply #574 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 14:16:51 »
Wearing the beater Invicta today. (Yeah, right. As opposed to the good Invicta.  :p)

142744-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2016, 15:03:49 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #575 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 00:26:18 »
Wearing my Inex 58943 - it's my daily driver at the moment. Got it for my birthday one year ago from the Wife.

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #576 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 02:47:01 »

Offline Bucky

« Reply #577 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 13:37:29 »

Offline iri

« Reply #578 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 13:42:53 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #579 on: Tue, 19 July 2016, 13:53:19 »
Show Image

Nice.

Added a bracelet to my wrist, got it from my neighbor I met Sunday! Super cool people from Turkey.

Sent from my OnePlus III

Offline Tactile

« Reply #580 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 11:38:59 »
A while back I posted a photo of my SKX on an Obris Morgan rubber strap. Well... it seems that strap is made of natural rubber and I learned I have a latex allergy. bummer...

So, back to NATO straps...
143132-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline Adgar

• * Vendor
    • Pheilcia
« Reply #581 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 21:55:53 »
Oh .come on, I am a pool guys

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #582 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:16:23 »
guys i dropped my watch a few times and now it's slow losing like a minute every 24 hours how to fix
I love Elzy

Offline superbia

« Reply #583 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 03:37:39 »
guys i dropped my watch a few times and now it's slow losing like a minute every 24 hours how to fix

google good independent watch makers in your area and get it to them.
they might just demagnetize it, or even regulate it.
it doesn't look broken since its still ticking :)

bonus keyboard photo
More
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 August 2016, 03:39:25 by superbia »
Keebio Iris 2.8 (Alps) X Colemak Mod-DH

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #584 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 07:37:15 »
Just got myself a Timex Waterbury Chrono for 65 euro.

I just want a dark brown leather strap for it.

Any recommendations? Europe sites preferred.

Offline calavera

« Reply #585 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 07:46:00 »

no brand (panerai knock off i suppose) custom.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #586 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 10:10:51 »
After a while deciding what introductory luxury watch I wanted for my 20th birthday I decided to buy a 35mm Nomos Tangente. Found a perfect condition Wempe 125th anniversary edition with box, papers, and service history on WUS.

The silver dial is hard to photograph, it has a matte finish but reacts to light like it has a sunburst effect. The dial changes from bright slightly metallic white to a medium grey depending on the light.

I didn't think I'd like the gold movement as much as the normal movement but in the end I prefer the finishing on the gold movement.

Offline iri

« Reply #587 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 10:15:21 »
Nomos watches are pretty.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline scubaste

« Reply #588 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 11:24:58 »
After a while deciding what introductory luxury watch I wanted for my 20th birthday I decided to buy a 35mm Nomos Tangente. Found a perfect condition Wempe 125th anniversary edition with box, papers, and service history on WUS.

Show Image

The silver dial is hard to photograph, it has a matte finish but reacts to light like it has a sunburst effect. The dial changes from bright slightly metallic white to a medium grey depending on the light.

Show Image

I didn't think I'd like the gold movement as much as the normal movement but in the end I prefer the finishing on the gold movement.

Show Image

Dammit JQ I've been staring at Nomos for a couple of years now. I'm jealous, what a beauty.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #589 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 11:31:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dammit JQ I've been staring at Nomos for a couple of years now. I'm jealous, what a beauty.
I couldn't be more thrilled with the purchase, I'd highly recommend the brand to anyone. I'm surprised the watches don't retail for more. If something like the NC meetup happens again I'll make sure to bring the Tangente with me. :)

Offline iri

« Reply #590 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 16:14:28 »
I really like Metro Datum Gangreserve, but it's too small for my hand and doesn't match my clothes style :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #591 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 12:06:50 »
I really like Metro Datum Gangreserve, but it's too small for my hand and doesn't match my clothes style :(
I love the smaller Nomos cases! You should try one on, the classic sizing looks so much better than some of the 42-45mm+ watches being made today.

Offline iri

« Reply #592 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 14:12:39 »
I love the smaller Nomos cases! You should try one on, the classic sizing looks so much better than some of the 42-45mm+ watches being made today.
ok :)

-Ray Bradbury

Offline atarione

« Reply #593 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 20:00:55 »
wife made me go to the outlet mall today....GOOD TIMES... nothing I like more than an outlet mall  :D

but went to the Fossil store and got a couple NATO straps for $5~ ea..  a little bit thin but fairly long so that I can actually tuck the ends in fairly easily with my 8" wrists..  here is one of the one's I bought on my SKXA35

Offline Tactile

« Reply #594 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 13:49:04 »
I added a Super Oyster to my SKX

152179-0
REΛLFORCE

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #595 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 21:02:38 »
Glashutte Original PanoMaticReserve

152198-0

With a friend's Zenith Elite

152196-1

Here's the album of my visit to Glashutte with my brother (at the time, my parents had no idea what these watches cost, though my brother was a fellow watch nerd) --- http://imgur.com/a/4SGgg

Offline atarione

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 01:27:06 »
you can see how excited  :rolleyes: Fitz my cat is about this 70s Clinton World Timer watch i have..

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #597 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 15:11:28 »

Current mechanical watch collection, I also have a small quartz seiko from the 80s.

Valet tray I got for christmas to store all my straps/watch accessories.

Watch goal for 2017 is finding a blue linen dial Datejust to add to the collection.  :cool:

Offline hayt

• * Maker
« Reply #598 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 23:00:26 »
Rocking my new daily diver Seiko sne107 (starfish) I love it:DDD

156251-0

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #599 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 23:06:07 »
Tudor Pelagos.