Author Topic: [IC] GMK Violet Tendencies - April 21st, 2018 update - GB starting April 22nd!  (Read 67040 times)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [IC] GMK Violet Tendencies - April 8th, 2018 update -
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 02:48:30 »
Loving this!

Any chance of a white mod kit, for that full GMK PoW option? =)
I like this idea very much. I'd be interested

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline byoliven

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 06:57:44 »
Loving this!

I like this idea very much. I'd be interested

+1 for that :thumb:
Waiting for a high quality white mod kit for a long time

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 08:27:15 »
I'd be much more interested in a GR1 on DY ( grey on purple, like the Enter key) mod kit than a DY on GR1 set.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 09:21:03 »
I'd be much more interested in a GR1 on DY ( grey on purple, like the Enter key) mod kit than a DY on GR1 set.

I'm in agreement with phorx. I would snap up a GR1 on DY ( grey on purple, like the Enter key) mod kit as well as the base!

Offline Dan_Boulet

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 22:27:07 »
This looks great! I’m really hoping that the final set includes all of the keys from the render below, including the R2 “Delete” key and 1.5u Super/Code keys. 🤞

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 09:51:08 »
This looks great! I’m really hoping that the final set includes all of the keys from the render below, including the R2 “Delete” key and 1.5u Super/Code keys. 🤞

Show Image

R2 delete is already in the kit.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:41:58 »
Loving this!

White legends on mods is also a nice combination, I'm actually using it (mixing Hyperfuse, Dolch and a couple of accent keys):

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:44:09 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 13:49:14 »
Loving this!

White legends on mods is also a nice combination, I'm actually using it (mixing Hyperfuse, Dolch and a couple of accent keys):

Show Image

Show Image

This is really nice 👍

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:46:57 »

I'm in agreement with phorx. I would snap up a GR1 on DY ( grey on purple, like the Enter key) mod kit as well as the base!

For this run I'm not getting crazy with a bunch of kits, since it's community run. If things go well, we can for sure get rolling on some alternative mod kits after the base kit is in everyone's hands :)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:56:58 »

For this run I'm not getting crazy with a bunch of kits, since it's community run. If things go well, we can for sure get rolling on some alternative mod kits after the base kit is in everyone's hands :)

dont be a ****, vox. all the kits, all the time!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 15:36:59 »

Just do it. Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday you said tomorrow.

No, but really, it really is better to do it now than later. People WILL change their minds later on. Take the chance and run it now.

Offline Voxicles

Update in OP, with official GMK renders and prices and such. We're goin' live tomorrow folks!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Update in OP, with official GMK renders and prices and such. We're goin' live tomorrow folks!

How long will the group buy be open for?

Honestly I think it's way too soon. Needs more hype and word to spread on start date.

Offline Voxicles

Honestly I think it's way too soon. Needs more hype and word to spread on start date.

Oops, thanks for reminding me, GB will be open until May 20th. As far as too soon, I'm not sure. A couple people have expressed your concerns, but a lot more people have told me to just run it already. It's been almost a year of paying for renders and spreading them around, I'm confident it'll work out just fine. I appreciate the feedback!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
It’s also just standard 150 moq right?

Offline Voxicles

It’s also just standard 150 moq right?

Yes sir/ma'am! 150 for base, 100 for space.

Offline Poesjuh

Obviously the kit is not gonna change anymore and I'm mostly likely gonna buy it anyway. But I just took another look at the kit and realised it would've been better with some accent arrows imho. Still great looking set though, love me some purple.

Offline fatpolomanjr

Huh, that's interesting. The purple arrow accents are in the renders. Were they too expensive to include in any kits?
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Voxicles

Huh, that's interesting. The purple arrow accents are in the renders. Were they too expensive to include in any kits?

Yeah, I had to make a lot of compromises to get the coverage I wanted and still be able to keep it as cheap as possible. You're probably thinking "but you have accent Vim keys?!?", those made the cut simply because I received a billion messages telling me how much they were liked. I did my best to make everyone happy, but there's always going to be something missing some people want :(

Offline tireddoctor

Is there a 2u shift? I see a 1u shift so just checking.

Offline Voxicles

Is there a 2u shift? I see a 1u shift so just checking.

Yes, there is a 2u shift key :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Oops, thanks for reminding me, GB will be open until May 20th. As far as too soon, I'm not sure. A couple people have expressed your concerns, but a lot more people have told me to just run it already. It's been almost a year of paying for renders and spreading them around, I'm confident it'll work out just fine. I appreciate the feedback!

Hmm, we'll see. Let's hope it makes it :p

Offline Poesjuh

I can live without the colored arrows, I'll just put the vim caps there... :P JK JK

Offline wikkiwikki420

Looks like most of it would work on my current k70 until I can get a "real" board. I do love the colors though.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline Voxicles

Looks like most of it would work on my current k70 until I can get a "real" board. I do love the colors though.

Yeah, that non-standard bottom row kills ya for almost all kits :(

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope the Violet outburst GR1 on DY mod pack follows shortly after this GB  ;D

Offline Dan_Boulet

Looks like the HHKB for Mac compatibility that I was hoping for didn’t make it in to the final set, so I sadly won’t be joining. Good luck with the GB.

Offline Voxicles

Looks like the HHKB for Mac compatibility that I was hoping for didn’t make it in to the final set, so I sadly won’t be joining. Good luck with the GB.

Show Image

Yeah, there was a debate over the Delete or Backspace, and backspace won out. But that should be the only thing missing (and really not that big of a deal, to me anyway). Got rid of OS specific legends altogether, so it should fit just about anything.

Offline Dan_Boulet

Show Image

Yeah, there was a debate over the Delete or Backspace, and backspace won out. But that should be the only thing missing (and really not that big of a deal, to me anyway). Got rid of OS specific legends altogether, so it should fit just about anything.

I could live with a Backspace key, but what is really missing for me is 1.5u OS keys (Code or Super) — like you have in your HHKB render.

Offline Voxicles

Show Image

I could live with a Backspace key, but what is really missing for me is 1.5u OS keys (Code or Super) — like you have in your HHKB render.

Thanks for pointing that out! It was an oversight. There will be a 1.5 Code and a 1.5 Super :) Render will be fixed to show as such when we launch tomorrow!

So happy this is happening fvck yes!

Offline Voxicles

So happy this is happening fvck yes!

I'm pretty darn stoked about it myself :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Awww. I didn’t notice there were no purple arrows anymore. Dang. Accent arrows make 65 look way nicer imo.

I get that some people like vim keys and they are vocal. But the number of people who use vim vs the number who use arrows isn’t even close.

As much as I love purple, I’m gonna have to think about this one.

Offline dimo

Awww. I didn’t notice there were no purple arrows anymore. Dang. Accent arrows make 65 look way nicer imo.

I get that some people like vim keys and they are vocal. But the number of people who use vim vs the number who use arrows isn’t even close.

I also just noticed. Sucks too that a lot of the renders are using the purple arrow keys.

It won’t change my decision of the set probably, and thru all the gmk sets run recently, VIM might be nice for a change :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Voxicles

I also just noticed. Sucks too that a lot of the renders are using the purple arrow keys.

It won’t change my decision of the set probably, and thru all the gmk sets run recently, VIM might be nice for a change :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry folks, the renders were made long before the kit was finalized. Compromises had to be made to insure maximum coverage for a decent price. If I'd kept the extra arrows instead of 4 other keys that were needed to cover other boards, I'd have people angry about that instead. As much as I'd like to, I can't make everyone 100% happy :(

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same here

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Yup vim instead of arrows is a strange choice and I think there's a few too many 1u 40s mods.
keyboards.

Offline midnight2903

I agree with the removal of purple arrow keys. Just looks weird to me.

Offline Draic

Joined the GB. In for 1 base and 2 spacebar kits

Offline Voxicles

Joined the GB. In for 1 base and 2 spacebar kits

You were the very first order! WOooo! I appreciate the support!

Offline wongie

I'm in!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Locking this as the group buy thread has been opened for continued discussion.

Group buy page
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 April 2018, 16:36:36 by iamtootallforthis »