geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Steezy60: Alps and SMK 60% PCB with split space support and more

<< < (3/15) > >>

Hapi:
Hello, what progress is there? :) could you please add jst sh foot print to both boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Applet:
Status currently: I'm using the PCB in a SMK-orange build that I use semi-daily. Will be building a Alps-board when I get the time for it, but it will be a few months away. Still need to push my QMK-port to the main repo, that code is currently still only in my repo.

I'll look into the connector. If we find the type of connector and pinout, we can add it  ;D

Hapi:
if PCBWAY could make boards, including assembly, I would help with testing. I need 5 boards each. I will ask the rama support what connector they are using.

This is screen from Taeha's Rama Thermal proto build stream

the connector position is the same as wt60-a (keycult) and M60-A-PCB (Rama)

KBDfans DZ60RGB

Did it help you?

Applet:

--- Quote from: Hapi on Mon, 13 January 2020, 08:39:59 ---if PCBWAY could make boards, including assembly, I would help with testing. I need 5 boards each. I will ask the rama support what connector they are using.

This is screen from Taeha's Rama Thermal proto build stream
(Attachment Link)

the connector position is the same as wt60-a (keycult) and M60-A-PCB (Rama)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

KBDfans DZ60RGB
(Attachment Link)

Did it help you?

--- End quote ---
It does help, but I still need pinout and which connector it is. You could solder the cables to the current breakout, but it would be much nicer with the connector (then it is non destructive). Do anyone else know what connector it is?

You do know that you need a custom plate for building a ALPS Rama Thermal, right? A blue ALPS Rama Thermal sounds like a really nice build, what keycaps and layout are you planning to use? ;D

PCBWay should be able to do it but I have not done it there, we would have to check. I have been making the prototypes from JLCPCB and they have no issues. Since there is no USB-connector needed for the Rama Thermal, JLCPCB should be able to do all the assembly also. All components needed is available in their assembly service.

Hapi:
1. i waiting for reply from Wilba

2. I need both versions. I need find best solution for my daily keyboard. I have three types of switches. SKCM blue alps, SMK 2nd and i-rocks blue. So i build three test keyboards.
- SMK supports MX keycaps and i have 1000+ pcs for replacements.  AND i don't have to have a custom plate.
- ALPS is extremely rare for daily use. I programming 12-16 hours a day
- i-rocks is blue alps clone witch MX stem... But I haven't tested it yet. That would be a very unique solution.

Keycaps for alps are a problem. I have AEKII keycaps but black keyboard. And Yuri DCS kit from mass drop.

I just build thee pok3r compatible keyboards and the winner gets thermal.

This PCB is pretty universal.I buy a lot of them: D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version