geekhack Community > Reviews

Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid (MX Reds)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Chalky White:
Which one of you boys knows letters?

[video=youtube_share;ibnb5-XhGi4]http://youtu.be/ibnb5-XhGi4[/video]

dbdynsty25:
Nice review...I just received my CM Rapid w/ the reds and I love it as well.  First of all it looks WAY better than other variant w/ the Blacks/Blues/Browns, so that's the first plus.  It feels just as good as my Filco w/ blacks but with just easier keys to press as expected.  I don't like any of the other switches so I stick with linears.  This thing is seriously a nice board and I've been through about ten in the last few weeks trying to find the perfect board for me at work and this tenkeyless is about as good as it gets...especially at half of the cost of the Filco.  Just amazing that they can produce this board at this price.  I'm a huge fan.

kboardvintage:

--- Quote from: dbdynsty25 on Tue, 05 June 2012, 13:37:48 ---Nice review...I just received my CM Rapid w/ the reds and I love it as well.  First of all it looks WAY better than other variant w/ the Blacks/Blues/Browns, so that's the first plus.  It feels just as good as my Filco w/ blacks but with just easier keys to press as expected.  I don't like any of the other switches so I stick with linears.  This thing is seriously a nice board and I've been through about ten in the last few weeks trying to find the perfect board for me at work and this tenkeyless is about as good as it gets...especially at half of the cost of the Filco.  Just amazing that they can produce this board at this price.  I'm a huge fan.

--- End quote ---

Did you try the other QFR with blues/black/green/brown?

terran5992:
Nice Review :)

gigibecali:
On most occasions reviewers forget to flip the caps and compare to something else.
Caps are OEM height, thinner than others (even cheaper ones, like HPE).
This one (red switch) desperately needs o-rings. That's only if you're using caps other than SP, of course.
Only the spacebar stabilizer is lubed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version