geekhack Community > Reviews

Fragil1ty reviews a Filco tenkeyless /w Cherry reds.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Elrick:

--- Quote from: Fragil1ty on Wed, 04 December 2013, 22:55:44 ---
--- Quote from: Beca on Wed, 04 December 2013, 18:43:38 ---I think Filco has ABS keycaps.

Nice, detailed review! It's the first time I've seen someone praise Filco keycaps, haha.

--- End quote ---

Oh, do many users not like them? What do people replace the keycaps with? (just curious really).

--- End quote ---

Yes a nice review of the old favourite which is the FILCO keyboard.  I still love them for their quality and of course, extremely easy customization here on Geekhack.

Currently there are so many Group Buys running you'll have quite a choice in selecting which key-set to buy for your Filco.  Currently I'm mad for anything in an SA Profile  :thumb: .

Beca:

--- Quote from: Beca on Wed, 04 December 2013, 18:43:38 ---I think Filco has ABS keycaps.

Nice, detailed review! It's the first time I've seen someone praise Filco keycaps, haha.

--- End quote ---

Oh, do many users not like them? What do people replace the keycaps with? (just curious really).
[/quote]
No, most people prefer thicker keycaps actually that don't shine. Filco keycaps are thin ABS so they shine pretty easily :( Otherwise it's a solid board.

People replace them with PBT keycaps usually.

ynrozturk:
Not a fan of the Filco caps at all.I bought a set of caps from them and they shined in like 4 months. If I ever buy a Filco (which I will eventually) the first thing I'll do is throw some thick PBT on it.

Leslieann:
The Filco caps are ABS, as are almost all double shot keycaps.

The Filco caps are printed, not dye -sub (which stinks), but is more durable than other printed caps I have used. Many people can get years out of the stock caps before the legends wipe off, others may only get a few months.

Linkbane:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:12:36 ---The Filco caps are ABS, as are almost all double shot keycaps.

The Filco caps are printed, not dye -sub (which stinks), but is more durable than other printed caps I have used. Many people can get years out of the stock caps before the legends wipe off, others may only get a few months.

--- End quote ---

Are they just UV coated, or are there other ways to make pad printing last longer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version