Author Topic: It's GIVEAWAY Time #2 !!!!!!! "" WINNERS ANNOUNCED ""  (Read 23607 times)

Offline Caskla

Re: It's GIVEAWAY Time #2 !!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 01:39:36 »
Gotta get those finger reps in somehow. That's why I use my mech.

Offline bulletsrb34

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 01:50:53 »
I love mechanicals because the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Offline Snookerman

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 02:32:53 »
I love mechanical keyboards because they make me want to type when I don't need to type. They even make CAPTCHAS fun.

Offline feizor

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 03:04:56 »
I love mechanical keyboards because everything is customisable! I've already built 3 keyboards and would love to put a new Raven on them!

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 03:09:44 »
I love the feeling and the artistic side of Mechanical Keyboard :p :cool:

Offline Buckling

• Poker 2 Clears / Leopold 21Key Blues
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 03:23:48 »
Hey Martin. I have bought many of your caps before and I might as well try this giveaway.

Why do I love mechanical keyboards? Well it started off with I just want a good keyboard, so I bought a mech. Then I said wow how did I ever live with my old mushy rubber dome?! Then I found this forums and my addiction grew from there, when from a silly Razer 2013 to a Poker 2 with clears custom caps/cable/case the whole shabang. So now I just can't help myself when it comes to making my keyboard look sexy.

Offline Enigma

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 05:06:40 »
Thanks for doing the giveaway!

There are a couple of reasons for why I love mechanical keyboards. Their feeling and sound (Can't get enough of MX Blues.) are obvious factors. What I really love is the community and how open and accessible everything is.
I live in South Africa and mechanical keyboards here are pretty expensive compared to other parts of the world. I made my first mech by salvaging parts from an ancient board I found at a Charity Shop, and I've just made my second one with switches I brought over from the States and a nice aluminium backplate I had cut. Neither of these boards would have been possible and I would probably still be using a rubber dome if it weren't thanks to the phenomenal mech community. Hasu was completely willing to help troubleshoot any problems with his firmware and I had lots of opinions from other members on other aspects of the designs.

I also love the fact people treat them as more than 'just keyboards'. The artisan cap scene is an art of it's own!

Offline Barry White

• Soup, soup, a tasty soup, soup!
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 07:07:54 »
I just can't stop typing!

Offline hj-s

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 07:22:12 »
I love mechanical keyboards (specially with brown cherry mx) because they feel like a boobs.  Who doesn't like boobs?

Offline AFKfapping

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 09:10:15 »
i love my leopold fc660m for many reasons, firstly its compact design is a good space saver on my desk and boy does it look beautiful. Another reason is the linear red switches, they provide a linear actuation time that i find helps me play better in FPS games and MOBAs(LoL).

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #110 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 09:20:03 »
I enjoy mechanical keyboards because they offer so much flexability and customisation. If you feel that switches are too tactile, you can switch them with a linear switch, if you feel like your switches are too noisy, you can swap them out for something more favorable. Also what I like is the way that you can swap keycaps over whenever you feel like it. If you are not happy with your set and have a normal mech keyboard, you can just simply hop online and buy some at a moments notice. There's so many options with cherry MX switch keyboards that you otherwise would not simply have with something like a rubber dome, because with dome keyboards, what you see is what you get.

Offline edman400

« Reply #111 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 09:30:57 »
i love mechanical switches because the click makes my **** hard

:cool:

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #112 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 10:41:59 »
I love Mech keyboards because I am a programmer and it is my weapon of choice  :thumb:

Offline coreXeon

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 10:56:08 »
I love mechanical keyboards because of the vast amount if customizability they have. You can choose from many kinds of switches, keycaps, layouts, and form factors. Mechanical keyboards come in many different shapes and sizes. There is a mechanical keyboard for everyone.
Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja - Cherry MX Black | Blackwidow 2012 - Cherry MX Blue | Steelseries 6GV2 - Cherry MX Black | Ergodox - 62g Ergo-Clears (WIP)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 11:10:44 »
Thanks for doing a cool giveaway Martin!  :thumb:

I love mechanical keyboards for the customization, the beauty, and the feel. From your basic fullsize board, to 60% boards, to unique layouts like 75% and 40% boards, to the various Cherry switches, to Topre, mechs have it all, and there's something for everyone. Beautiful custom keysets, artisan keycaps, and most of all, mechanical keyboards have great communities like GeekHack standing behind them, full of wonderfully helpful people! I've really enjoyed my short time with GH so far (though my wallet has suffered), and I plan on being a member of this excellent community for a long time.

Good luck everyone!  ;D

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:17:10 »
I picked up a Filco MJ TKL blues about 4 years ago after I started getting tingling pain in my fingertips. Reading Geekhack at that time, I learned that I was typing too hard, and a mechanical keyboard with proper tactile feedback could help teach me to type without bottoming out. Since then, I've played with blues, browns, and also Topre boards and I can't go back to normal rubberdomes. My typing improved to the point now where my normal alphanumeric keypresses do not bottom out and I type around 110-120 WPM. I do a lot of typing at work, and I play games such as Starcraft at home. Having found mechanical keyboards has helped make my life better.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:19:51 »
I love mechanical keyboards because they make each key press satisfying with the help of tactility of my preferred switch. Its also much smoother compared to regular dome keyboards.

Offline skazzleprop

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:33:30 »
Many say that they loved the keyboard, but aye, it was the keyboard that loved me.

Each press of a key yields a clicky "I love you". It continues on and on no matter how long the typing goes.

Just as cats purr, my keyboards clackity clack.

My fingers fly over them, typing effortlessly through jargon and terminology, never slowed down by the silicon membranes that used to plague them.

pemphigus.

erythyma multiforme.

Look how effortless that was. No, you can't look. It all happened too quickly for you to see anything.

Papers and patient notes are no longer written. They are simply materialized.

That is how I know the keyboard loves me.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:41:45 »
Hello!

I love mechanical keyboards not only because of their functionality, but also because of the community surrounding them. On the functionality side, they are very customizable and pretty much have any configuration that could meet someone's needs mechanically and aesthetically. On the community side everyone is helpful, kind, and very generous. I have seen many giveaways, people helping each other out, giving discounts, etc. When I wanted to make a few key caps, a person sent me some extra caps they had lying around for free so that I could paint them. That is just pure kindness and generosity.

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 13:48:17 »
I love my keyboard, because it is a little part of me I can use and show off originally I came to geekhack to get these Nyan cat keycaps, but after I stayed for the nice people, my keyboard always evolving with different keys different switches and keysets although I do love my white ones and nyan cat top row ^_^, I would say I just love it because I can make it very much a extension of my personality Lots and lots of random colours :) plus it feels a lot nice and firmer than the keyboard I used to use, and plus you get to be part of a awesome community, and I like it when people see it and go wow that looks pretty :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Beallio

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 14:07:55 »
I love mechanical keyboards because of the feels, and the fact that if one switch doesn't suit your fancy, you can always switch (no pun intended) to a different switch.

That, and let's be honest, the ability to customize our keyboards with different caps!

Offline Ripudio

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 15:31:34 »
I'm pretty new to the mechanical keyboard scene, but Martin, your work is pretty damn amazing. I have always been a tinkerer, and mechanical keyboards are a new way for me to take that love of building something and put a new spin on it to have a keyboard uniquely my own. I just finished my first board, a CtrlALT Nerd60 in a Vortex case with ergo clears. I haven't worked out all the kinks, but its exciting to type on something I made myself.

Offline am3amzar

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 16:01:13 »
At first, i fall in love with MK due to sound that it creates while i was typing since my first Mk was blue switch.

then slowly, the feeling of keys being press makes me fall in love even harder.

Personally, i think MK is best because if it can be personalize according to what u want and what u need.

Nothing extra, just all what u wanted.

Offline splitfile

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 16:55:34 »
Ode to Filco
Filco, beautiful keyboard of Gods,
Son of Diatec,
We stroke your keys,
Heavenly, thy chassi.
Thy Cherry switches re-unite
What rubber dome's has divided
ABS become PBT
Where thy gentle keys abides.

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 17:54:42 »
For me mechanical keyboards gave a sort of zen to them. The sound and the feel just get me relaxed. The fact that you can customize them also gives it a more personal feel. Sometimes I just find myself typing...nothing In particular, just to feel the keys hagayuejsksozmsbsvzgzjxkvlglglfkfjdbdbavaqqwwudndkxhdbdksoqhfhdu .
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:24:56 »
I wonder if he's gonna read through all these, or pick at random  :eek:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 18:53:33 »
feels good man
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Phan89

« Reply #127 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 19:00:07 »
 I am a new user to the mechanical keyboard, but lucky enough to be friends with Lurch from the board, who introduced me to not only the mechanical keyboard, but the culture as well. He has shown me different boards and caps, and his passion for the keyboard helped me to understand. I think it awesome that you can modify, customize, and create something that we use everyday, and make it more personal. Its cool to see people appreciating the art and love for the keyboard, with give aways, and fair price sales, not taking advantage of other geeks.

My first board is a rosewill rk-9000re, and it needs it's first hot key.  :thumb:

Good luck every one.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 19:10:51 »
I bought my first mechanical about 3 years back, a full sized Filco Majestouch with MX browns. I made this purchase without ever being using a mechanical keyboard before, but I hoped for the best anyways. Loved it the second I started typing on it! After that I just couldn't stand using a mushy old rubber dome anymore, it just didn't live up to the feeling of a mechanical. I have since bought a Model M second-hand and a new KBC Poker 2. I've also got two different keycap sets just waiting to arrive! And yet I still plan on buying a tenkeyless soon as well. I've even gotten another close friend into mechanical keyboards in the process.
I still have people whom I work with who think I'm nuts for bringing in my own keyboard and even having more than one keyboard, but I know it's worth it for something I spend multiple hours every day using!

Offline Sissy

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 21:13:34 »
I just love the sound, so many people hate loud sounding keyboards but I love it

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 21:50:02 »
Durability, stamina, quality, and it is just plain fun to type on them.

Customization, personalization, modification, and it is always nice to be the only kid on the block with one.

Without mechanical keyboards, MechanicalKeyboards.com wouldn't exist. <--- Best reason ever!

:thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline HighNoon

« Reply #131 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:09:27 »
- Keycaps
- Customization
- Awesome clicky noises
- Build quality
- Dem feels

Offline JarrodC87

• Tapatalk User
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:09:45 »
I love mechs because they offer a unique typing experience and a ton of custom options.

Offline zetagun

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:37:05 »
the feeling when you type
and the skin when you mod
:D

Offline NoahNHP

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 16 November 2014, 23:41:40 »
i love mechanical keyboard because it's the new technologies keyboard that i can protect my finger and wasted my money in the good way =))
Dolphin V2 | LZ CLS | 356 mini

Offline quochung090

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:03:02 »
I still remember the feeling when i saw and typed on a mechkey the fist time, it was extremely exciting and hard to say by word. The surface of keycaps and the responding of switch make me can't get my hand off it. Honestly, it's really different , compared to others membrane normal keyboard which i used to use. That's the reason why i'm addicted to mechkey until now.

Offline SoSul

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:06:10 »
- I love mechanical keyboard because:
  + Cherry MX blue switches. I love the click-clack sound :D.
  + Durable.
  + The pleased feeling it gave.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:08:58 »
 ;D  Good luck allllllllll!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:15:39 »
;D  Good luck allllllllll!

+1 especially those without any Hot Keys (or Gas Masks)!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline natemz

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:24:24 »
I love mechanical keyboards for a few reasons. First because they feel amazing to type on. Second, because I they are durable. Third, they can be customized in so many ways. Take my poker II for example. I have a custom case, custom keys, and custom LEDs. That kind of stuff is possible on a rubber dome I guess, but no one would take the time to do it because they suck. Final reason I love them is that I like buying really  expensive things that confuse my coworkers. That is all.

Thanks for doing this!!!

Offline jaemzp

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:26:17 »
There's many reasons I like mechanical keyboards that many have already listed, but to me what I like most is the community and also the learning experience. Everyone is ridiculously helpful around here and the guides are great. Before coming here I thought of keyboards as nothing when compared to a gaming rig. But afterward I learnt all the complexities of a mechanical keyboard from the size types to different standard layouts, switch types, springs and stems, lubrication, and various mods that I never thought I would perform (also learnt how to solder for the sake of mechanical keyboards). Although I lurk a lot, I've learnt a lot. So besides all the customization and feeling of typing on mechanical keyboards, I'd have to say that community and the learning experience are what I like most about them.. There's always more or something new to try.

Thanks for doing this Martin, and good luck to everyone!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 00:30:49 »
I love mechanical keyboards because it turns my average day at work into something that I can enjoy. Going from the everyday rubber dome keyboard to a mechanical keyboard has made me excited to work in IT. I have found that now I like to type more descriptive notes and longer emails.

I love mechanical keyboards because there are so many different ones out there and so many things out there for them. So many switch types, keyboard brands, keycap plastics, keycap artisans, and mods!!! This is the tool that most of us use everyday and we all make them something we enjoy using.

Thank you to all the tinkerers, keycap artisans, keyboards modders, and pcb designers! Without you all we would be typing on a cheap dell keyboard.

Offline Ciu

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 01:25:01 »
- The feeling of switch's bouncing
- The lovely sound when the keycap hit to the bottom of switch :x
- I can type as much as I can with NKRO
- Led, switch, keycap and also case can be customized
- Hard to die  :))
All those reasons made me choose to use mechanical keyboard ^.^
And would love to have one of this keycap to join my mechkey  :-*

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=4lone7vbanoatj7cc90ib9jmftsg5hmp&topic=63161.0
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 01:43:53 »
I have used mechanical keyboard six year ago. First of all, I know it has many different switches. People can choose the best couch feel for their typing or playing game.
I remember my first keyboard named "mechanical storm" . It was cost around $80. It is not expensive price. But it is really expensive for a high school student. I still bought it. Because it can improve my level of playing game. I bring my keyboard in my bag everyday. Sometimes it really help me win official game. It is not only like a tool. It more likely a friend for me.
I have already got a lot of great keyboards. But I still remember the original memory of keyboard. I hope I can be a great collector.
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline Burgman_S

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 02:21:06 »
Love is no reason :D

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 03:22:38 »
Why I love mechanical keyboards ? What's not to love about them. It's a great hobby, since I joined this community I met a lot of interesting people from all corners of the world, something I normally would not have had the chance to do. Also I learned how to build my own keyboard, something that I use every day, something that became personal and unique. It's harder to find a reason not to love them  :thumb:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline christophertsao

• Lurker
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 04:07:41 »
I love Mechanical Keyboards because they be customized however I choose. My board is not the same as anyone else I know or anyone in my office.

Custom Look, Custom Feel, Custom Sound.
(null)

Offline TTDlatoi

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 05:56:28 »
" Tell me WHY you love the mechanical keyboard". Because I love it, that's it. I have been known the mechanical keyboard for 6 months ago, but I really feel comfortable when I use it (gaming, typying). When I touch my keyboard, I can't look for a reason to leave it. Thanks.

Offline lolzee9x

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 08:38:05 »
"It's...it's not like I like your hands all over me or anything... Idiot!
B..But keep pressing me there if you like it...
Keep...Keep pressing me there...! I can take it... 50 million more times..!"
-Tsukkitan

The first reason why I bought a mech is that my laptop keyboard is falling apart, literally. The second reason is that I got hooked on OSU, a pc game that requires a LOT of keyboard tapping (like pressing 2 keys 20 times total in ~3 seconds). So I decided to pick myself a keyboard like my game idol: Cookiezi (<-god of osu) and also a lot of other pro players who play this game use (CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK- Red switch).

Now I am attach to this keyboard. I love how it feels and don't like to type with anything else under my fingers (unless it's another mech, which would be acceptable). Sometimes I go to school and clean my keycaps when other kids take tests. I bring my keyboard with me even when I don't have my laptop (to internet cafes). I have even brought my keyboard to tests such as SAT or TOEFL as a token of good luck. I think my keyboard is probably the best thing I own.

My keyboard's name is Tsukki-tan and she is a tsundere. I hope to draw a personified version of her when I have the skills :3

Offline Harbec

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 17 November 2014, 09:11:35 »
For me it's the customization and the feel of mech switches. Something about the click clack sound is just good for my soul  :D. Oh and Dolch keycaps are possibly the sexiest non-living thing.